Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,834 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Life Is Falling Apart - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Life Is Falling Apart (761 Views)

YABATECH Final Year Studen Dies After Falling Off Car During Signout Celebration / Heritage Ajibola: OAU Student Dies After Falling Into Septic Tank In Her Hostel / Some Commonly Confused Animals: Can You Tell Them Apart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Is Falling Apart by Depressedkidd: 5:58am On Jan 28, 2019
I've been depressed for at least 5 years now, since I was 15 or 16 I think, I have to admit suicidal thoughts haven't been much, I've played with the idea in my mind many times but I've never tried it. I don't know I let myself go and stopped concentrating in school, I used to be intelligent enough in high school, but now I'm battling 18 carryovers in one semester, I don't even know what awaits me in the next semester. I don't even know if I should just drop out or try harder. I still possibly have 4 years to try, but I don't know if I can. My parents won't be happy about it. I feel really disappointed in myself. I know I can try, but after at least 30 carryovers, what's the best that can happen, how well can I bounce back, will I be able to cover those in 2 extra years?. And will I ever be able to get my mind together too. Just a lot of things I can't say here too. I'm a mess honestly.
Re: Life Is Falling Apart by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 28, 2019
Depressedkidd:
I've been depressed for at least 5 years now, since I was 15 or 16 I think, I have to admit suicidal thoughts haven't been much, I've played with the idea in my mind many times but I've never tried it. I don't know I let myself go and stopped concentrating in school, I used to be intelligent enough in high school, but now I'm battling 18 carryovers in one semester, I don't even know what awaits me in the next semester. I don't even know if I should just drop out or try harder. I still possibly have 4 years to try, but I don't know if I can. My parents won't be happy about it. I feel really disappointed in myself. I know I can try, but after at least 30 carryovers, what's the best that can happen, how well can I bounce back, will I be able to cover those in 2 extra years?. And will I ever be able to get my mind together too. Just a lot of things I can't say here too. I'm a mess honestly.

If you're not doing well in school then your not focusing enough on your studies, there's no magic or long story. People give people that do well in school names like genius, intelligent, brilliant and make it seem like they have some inate ability, and true it might actually make you feel better to think that everyone that does well in school has some gift but that would just be lies.

Hardwork is the key and there's no two ways about it. There might be deeper problems you might be having tho...
Re: Life Is Falling Apart by noni14(m): 7:48am On Jan 28, 2019
put GOD first

1 Like

Re: Life Is Falling Apart by Depressedkidd: 8:40am On Jan 28, 2019
Darivie04:

If you're not doing well in school then your not focusing enough on your studies, there's no magic or long story. People give people that do well in school names like genius, intelligent, brilliant and make it seem like they have some inate ability, and true it might actually make you feel better to think that everyone that does well in school has some gift but that would just be lies.

Hardwork is the key and there's no two ways about it. There might be deeper problems you might be having tho...

I know. I'm not focusing well in school. I started out well but my attention slipped. I went through some things and things started falling apart. I just recently was able to deal with those things, my depression and stuff. And that's when I really looked back at my academics and I just fell right back into depression cos I realised that it was bad. Now I'm just mostly depressed about school. I want to put in the work now but I'm scared that I'll slip up again and everything will be over.

It's scary how seemingly little things like this will define your whole future you know. Slipping up in school for a semester or two, and suddenly you realise you might never get a good job and suddenly the whole future you planned before entering university just disappears. it's really depressing.
Re: Life Is Falling Apart by encryptjay(m): 9:44am On Jan 28, 2019
Don't allow depression to take over, there's still more to achieve in this life.
Apply for a change of course/ inter faculty transfer to somewhere you can start afresh. Try to select a course that you have interest in or something you believe you can succeed but you just have to strive for excellence wherever you are.
Everything is time, they'll be times when thoughts of the past will come knocking, just smile and envisage greatness.
Re: Life Is Falling Apart by adexeli(m): 10:55am On Jan 28, 2019
Depressedkidd:

Suicide is the Coward's way out of Life... I've been a mess also, I've been depressed.. One thing I'll tell you from personal experience is that true satisfaction in life is only found when your true purpose in life is identified and the only way you can find that true purpose is through Christ. You need to sit down and reflect deeply about where it all started 'going wrong'.. Trust me I've had a semester where I had a perfect GP but I was still depressed, still felt something was missing deep down, I just recently traced my way back to Christ trust me I've never felt any happier in my entire life. You have to desire to want to get out of your current situation, you can start off by reading books by Zig Ziglar(see you at the top, Born to win, how to stay motivated) . And more importantly what sort of Friends do you keep around, your environment matters a lot. The question is how determined are you to get out of your current situation, sitting down and feeling sorry for yourself won't solve anything. You're only a failure if you don't learn from your past mistakes. Please do not Give up
Re: Life Is Falling Apart by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2019
Depressedkidd:

I know. I'm not focusing well in school. I started out well but my attention slipped. I went through some things and things started falling apart. I just recently was able to deal with those things, my depression and stuff. And that's when I really looked back at my academics and I just fell right back into depression cos I realised that it was bad. Now I'm just mostly depressed about school. I want to put in the work now but I'm scared that I'll slip up again and everything will be over.

It's scary how seemingly little things like this will define your whole future you know. Slipping up in school for a semester or two, and suddenly you realise you might never get a good job and suddenly the whole future you planned before entering university just disappears. it's really depressing.
It might define your future but it doesn't mean your future won't be great!

(1) (Reply)

Non-academic Staff And Academic Staff Union Of Ondo Institutions Seek Gov. Akere / Huge Snake Killed At Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA) / Electrical Engineers, This Question Is For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.