Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 AM

Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court (17875 Views)

Onnoghen: CUPP Releases ‘Leaked’ NJC Resolution, Says Onnoghen To Retire / Undeclared Assets: Onnoghen To Forfeit Huge Sums, Houses / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by jellington: 7:24am On Jan 28, 2019
I thank President Buhari for the courage and political will to do the right thing at the right. Nigerians are solidly behind you .

5 Likes

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by GOFRONT(m): 7:24am On Jan 28, 2019
How much yams Onnonoghen chop??
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by danot1030: 7:24am On Jan 28, 2019
He can take his case beyond supreme court to the highest court in US, UK or EUR, as far as his position as the cjn is concerned it's closed
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Samunique(m): 7:24am On Jan 28, 2019
Fuckuignos:
I’m not that rigid. He echoed all I hv bn saying here and exposed the hypocrisy of many. If you cannot for once condemn the CJN and his band of recalcitrant SANs who has turned Nig’s judiciary to Ariaria business district, you hv no moral right to condemn the president’s action
See how shallow minded you are

We are talking about illegality here you are talking of Ariaria , do u think this country is the property of your pay master that he will choose when to obey and disobey court orders ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by AllenSpencer: 7:25am On Jan 28, 2019
This guy just wants to ridicule himself

A sane man with integrity in that his position would have resigned before being suspended.

He has noniota of shame. Atiku is surrounded by doctors now as his blood pressure is on the high. Onnoghen has rubbished all his investment and hopes.

When devil wants to fvck you up, he gives you a hardened heart and makes you deaf.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by jellington: 7:27am On Jan 28, 2019
It is an aberration for an indicted CJN to preside over the temple of Justice.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by manucho: 7:27am On Jan 28, 2019
I hardly comment or say anything but some fools who are kids with dead brains here are here supporting him anybody that says this country won't do well or know peace God would uproot them even if its buhari or atiku or obj or saraki anybody but see how much the bastard stole and they are still tracing him for more how much is his salary yet some fools are supporting him. Let's for once reason well now how much be him salary for goodness sake. Nigerians should face their hustle squarely.

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by manci(m): 7:28am On Jan 28, 2019
Greedy fool's is by Force to head judiciary
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by jellington: 7:28am On Jan 28, 2019
God has exposed their evil plan .They want criminals to preside over the arms of government in the next dispensation.
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by AllenSpencer: 7:30am On Jan 28, 2019
shortgun:
Buhari the tyrant will eventually set the country on fire.
He and his advisers are not smart.
Removing the CJN without Senate approval is null and void.
No court will uphold that decision.
The problem of Nigeria is the deceased Cows supporting this illegality.

It's like you not a Nigerian

Onnoghen is done and dusted

He just feels like feeding his legal team

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by kennypoka2(m): 7:34am On Jan 28, 2019
jerryunit48:
Don’t vote Buhari he is a Tyrant , una hear me ?

I will vote him. You can come and stop me from voting that day sha
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Boyooosa(m): 7:35am On Jan 28, 2019
I don't think we need to overflog the issue of this common criminal that is being treated like a political prisoner among the cunning partisans we use to know. I think its high time we move on based on these:
1, Onnoghen / CJN position is a Government appointee and not elected as the two other heads of the elective arms (executive and legislative).
2, he is a public office holder by default
3, he has attested to being corrupt but not plead guilty
4, he needs to be trialled to the effect of the latter
5, he heads the constitutional trial team by default in which he can not be a judge in his own case
6, he needed to withdraw himself or be withdrawn from that position for legal proceedings to take its place appropriately
7, instead he refused to be honourable
8, CCT has the right, jurisdiction and duty to troal any public office holder and write an exparte order (as a constitutionally recognised court in the federal republic of Nigeria) to the executive to suspend such public office holder for it to discharge its duty efficiently, and effectively
9, they did the same by communicating same to the executive
10, executive in same spirit acted upon the exparte and did needful
11, corrupt elites and the ignorant saved chicks (oromadiye) are interjecting the compulsive progress.
Nigeria which way @ 70?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by kennypoka2(m): 7:36am On Jan 28, 2019
AGUBANZE:
When I said it that this was how dictators began back then with the appointment of the new IG of police,some myopic Nigerians didn’t see this move in a bad nature but I know how this man named Buhari brain works . I can dictate is next line of action towards rigging the election and his supposed witch hunt called fighting corruption.

He has put on a good show for the whole world to see and he thought he could keep up with his saintiant attitude on the international stage of always playing the victim but the whole world is seeing him for the man he truly his.

You should drag him to ICC to answer for crimes against humanity and most Nigerians are ready to testify against this man purported genocide in Nigeria and other extra judicial killings .

Genocide grin grin
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by jellington: 7:37am On Jan 28, 2019
I can fathom what could have happen to this country if the calculations of the Looters had sail through. Criminally corrupt people could have succeeded in the three arms of government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by kennypoka2(m): 7:38am On Jan 28, 2019
juininho:
I'm almost sick and tired of people twerking about rule of law this and that? which rule of law when your judiciary sells justice almost all the time to the highest bidders? who here can truly maintain that the judiciary in Nigeria has been fair to any common man? I say let the Judiciary be damned! Let the CJN be dragged on the streets! who he epp? How is he so rich if he cares about justice? It can't happen to me because Justice has never really been in Nigeria. stop blackmailing people with your: it's the CJN today, it will be you tomorrow!

I wonder ooo
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Almaiga: 7:39am On Jan 28, 2019
Ononghen should stop this, he is already exposed. He will end up exposing more of his previous crimes, cause the Government will dig more into his past.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by otokx(m): 7:40am On Jan 28, 2019
Still observing but Onnoghen ought to have stepped aside to ensure the integrity of the Judiciary.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by jaxxy(m): 7:41am On Jan 28, 2019
Clerverly:
I thought the Supreme Court na him inheritance? Why is he running away from staying put?

May God Punish anybody that supports corruption!

This isn’t about corruption for buhari it’s about Apc agenda. Buhari has several corrupt men arrnd him that he still shields from investigation and smiles with. This is just tyranny. Stop acting shameless and dumb.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by mrollyB: 7:43am On Jan 28, 2019
Fuckuignos:
I’m not that rigid. He echoed all I hv bn saying here and exposed the hypocrisy of many. If you cannot for once condemn the CJN and his band of recalcitrant SANs who has turned Nig’s judiciary to Ariaria business district, you hv no moral right to condemn the president’s action

Majority of you does not even know the meaning of rule of law and Constitution all ur tiny brains can understand is someone fighting corruption wrongly. That being said, removal or prosecution of CJN can be done without any uprising only if its done rightly, you can praise him for fighting corruption but we must condemn such fight if it goes against all our constitutional and legal standard.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by ybalogs(m): 7:45am On Jan 28, 2019
A drowning man will clutch on a straw.
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Neoteny(m): 7:49am On Jan 28, 2019
Why they keep calling the NROL-47 "NAOL-47" beats me.

It belongs to the US NRO, not the entire Western powers as PDP seems to suggest.

And its aperture is SAR-based, as I mentioned elsewhere, and not optical. How a synthetic aperture radar can image votes being manipulated is beyond me.

I'm sure Wendell Simlin wrote that article.
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by maasoap(m): 7:49am On Jan 28, 2019
shortgun:
Buhari the tyrant will eventually set the country on fire.
He and his advisers are not smart.
Removing the CJN without Senate approval is null and void.
No court will uphold that decision.
The problem of Nigeria is the deceased Cows supporting this illegality.

You would have preferred Buhari to be running from pillar to post in trying to get the corrupt CJN out of the system. But now that the case is that the corrupt judge is the one running helter-skelter, you're sad and seeing someone who will set Nigeria on fire.
May be your fortune in this life is in that over 3 million dollars blood money, continue defending those who are making life difficult for you as a result of corruption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 7:49am On Jan 28, 2019
Lawyers go jam lawyers today, while they are at it the political calculations mapped out will be manifesting. No be Nigeria again? B4 this week runs out another controversy will be put up as distraction

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by manucho: 7:51am On Jan 28, 2019
Before you comment apply your IQ small I beg

Quoted from Mr Bayoosa

I don't think we need to overflog the issue of this common criminal that is being treated like a political prisoner among the cunning partisans we use to know. I think its high time we move on based on these:
1, Onnoghen / CJN position is a Government appointee and not elected as the two other heads of the elective arms (executive and legislative).
2, he is a public office holder by default
3, he has attested to being corrupt but not plead guilty
4, he needs to be trialled to the effect of the latter
5, he heads the constitutional trial team by default in which he can not be a judge in his own case
6, he needed to withdraw himself or be withdrawn from that position for legal proceedings to take its place appropriately
7, instead he refused to be honourable
8, CCT has the right, jurisdiction and duty to troal any public office holder and write an exparte order (as a constitutionally recognised court in the federal republic of Nigeria) to the executive to suspend such public office holder for it to discharge its duty efficiently, and effectively
9, they did the same by communicating same to the executive
10, executive in same spirit acted upon the exparte and did needful
11, corrupt elites and the ignorant saved chicks (oromadiye) are interjecting the compulsive progress.
Nigeria which way @ 70?

mrollyB:

Majority of you does not even know the meaning of rule of law and Constitution all ur tiny brains can understand is someone fighting corruption wrongly. That being said, removal or prosecution of CJN can be done without any uprising only if its done rightly, you can praise him for fighting corruption but we must condemn such fight if it goes against all our constitutional and legal standard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by ogawisdom(m): 7:52am On Jan 28, 2019
grin

Corruption fighting back
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by MobilityExpress: 7:54am On Jan 28, 2019
Challenge ko, Bodija ni! See the way EFCC is looking at Onnoghen and his lawyers grin

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by OlujobaSamuel: 7:54am On Jan 28, 2019
nebbulli:
Though I don't like Buhari, this onnoghen man should please spare us all these drama by kindly resigning. Too much baggage on him.

If not that this is Nigeria, he shouldn't have had any chance of being a Justice of the supreme court talkless of being a CJN. The mere allegation of being corrupt as a high court judge and being indicted by the Esho panel is enough.

Maybe Buhari knows Onnoghen so well that he is available for the highest bidder cos he, Onnoghen, actually delivered a minority judgement in favour of Buhari in one of his election case at the supreme court. grin grin grin grin

Hmmmmmmm, another apt view.
Kayode Eso, one of the best we ever had alongside Nikki Tobi, Oputa and other few, they are so radical that politicians won't have used loopholes or technicalities to evade the law as experienced today.
If truly he recommended Onnoghen dismissal, then it speaks alot about the suspended CJN, also, the CJN might have requested for kickback when he made that minority judgement in favour of CPC/Buhari, maybe that led to Buhari reluctance in confirming his appointment as the CJN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Princedapace(m): 7:57am On Jan 28, 2019
WebSurfer:
I’M FROM THE SOUTH BUT LET US PUT PARTISAN POLITICS ASIDE AND ANSWER THIS QUESTION

IS THERE SUPPOSE TO BE ANY FORM OF JUSTIFICATION FOR ANYONE FOUND GUILTY AGAINST THE LAW?

WHY DO CERTAIN PEOPLE PUT SO MUCH ENERGY DEFENDING THIEVES WITH GLARING EVIDENCES ?

I’M TIRED OF SHARING THIS COUNTRY WITH CRIMINALS AND STUPID PEOPLE WITH NO MORAL BRAINS

I want to call ur attention to something bro. Humans behave somehow and humans are very sensitive. The issue has always been how bias Buhari is. Buhari is provocative. For instance, he usually very slow and act ignorant when anyone who is his supporter is caught and accused of corruption. Take the case of kemi. She was caught red handed, she should be in court by now.. It is so unfair that we live in a country where the law is meant for the opposition only.

That is the problem. People are bitter becus of how Buhari handles issues like this. He is always selective and has been known to protext his bloodline and friends. That is bad becus Nigeria is not his personal property.

Look at the case of kano state governor. Becus of his role in his reelection, the president was even defending him by saying the technology used could have been compromised. That is so wrong of a president.

Then, the president has been so bias in his appointments. The entire security structure is under a particular region and religion. It is so unfair. If Buhari has been fair, I think majority of Nigerians would have supported him.

As for this case, the timing is so wrong, the speed is so suspicious. In fact, see Buhari o who has been very slow, the way he acted so speedy, u begin to imagine what happened..

And finally, the judiciary is an independent arm. Removing this man like this is like removing Buhari from office without due process. What is wrong is wrong no matter the intention. If we keep doing it like this, it means we will keep having judiciary that are hand bags to governors and president and that doesn't make sense..

Like I keep telling anyone, if u love Nigeria, don't pray for an opposition party to die. Even the USA, with her high level of moral standard in governance, can't afford to kill an opposition party. The opposition is good for democracy. If the president successfully bully opposition, take control of the judiciary, the legislature, and the security apparatus, it is finished na. No need for election. And don't forget the average black man is never honest. Buhari may have good intentions but what about those men who run things for him? Buhari is already getting too old and u can see it.

Someone who can't remember many things. It is obvious some one or some people are the ones making major decisions on his behalf. We need to be careful else we may never have a country for our kids.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Again: Industrial Court Restrains TUC, NLC, Others From Embarking On Strike / Osun 2022: Dotun Babayemi Wins PDP Parallel Primary Election / "We Are Under Attack From APC " -- PDP Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.