Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,772 members, 7,806,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court (17870 Views)

Onnoghen: CUPP Releases ‘Leaked’ NJC Resolution, Says Onnoghen To Retire / Undeclared Assets: Onnoghen To Forfeit Huge Sums, Houses / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by nwabobo: 7:58am On Jan 28, 2019
Clerverly:
I thought the Supreme Court na him inheritance? Why is he running away from staying put?

May God Punish anybody that supports corruption!

Where is your evidence of corruption against Onnoghen?
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by maasoap(m): 7:58am On Jan 28, 2019
mrollyB:

Majority of you does not even know the meaning of rule of law and Constitution all ur tiny brains can understand is someone fighting corruption wrongly. That being said, removal or prosecution of CJN can be done without any uprising only if its done rightly, you can praise him for fighting corruption but we must condemn such fight if it goes against all our constitutional and legal standard.

Rule of law, laughing cheesy
It is only when nemesis catch up with you guys that you remember rule of law to be abused as you like.
>He refused to appear before the CCT, that was even after he admitted that he didn't declare some assets including 3 million dollars blood money. That wasn't breach of rule of law
>South South governors rose from their shameful meeting and asked him not to appear before the CCT. Was the rule of law still working?
>He suspended the NJC 88th meeting for the first time just to avoid being told to step aside. Was the rule of law still working?
Rule of law my yansh, criminals shouting rule of law, funny.
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Boyooosa(m): 8:01am On Jan 28, 2019
I don't even know why that onnoghen is behaving like his ancestor, anini. Too stubborn.
He should just do the needful Jere before war begins in this country because of his thievery. Yeyenotu!
Gej that sacrificed his position because of mumunity unity and peace to reign is not a coward na

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Andrewkinggg: 8:10am On Jan 28, 2019
WebSurfer:
I’M FROM THE SOUTH BUT LET US PUT PARTISAN POLITICS ASIDE AND ANSWER THIS QUESTION

IS THERE SUPPOSE TO BE ANY FORM OF JUSTIFICATION FOR ANYONE FOUND GUILTY AGAINST THE LAW?

WHY DO CERTAIN PEOPLE PUT SO MUCH ENERGY DEFENDING THIEVES WITH GLARING EVIDENCES ?

I’M TIRED OF SHARING THIS COUNTRY WITH CRIMINALS AND STUPID PEOPLE WITH NO MORAL BRAINS

How is Onnoghen a thief? Bros please say it how it is.. Onnoghen is and was never indicted in any financial fraud or was said to have stolen any money. Their bane is that he didn't declare a bank account with a substantive amount in it.

The real thief is still flying with his babanriga following the president to every state campaigning with the president claiming ignorance of what he did..
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by manucho: 8:12am On Jan 28, 2019
nwabobo:

Pls get your facts right before you comment these people are stealing mortgaging generations future yet you're supporting them?? Smh. Politicians in Nigeria are heartless cruel cold hearted let's stop supporting these people. If na buhari atiku obj saraki etc dey trouble Nigeria make God uproot them. How much be him salary?? Where did he get all these money from Some are yet to be uncovered

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by maasoap(m): 8:14am On Jan 28, 2019
Boyooosa:
I don't even know why that onnoghen is behaving like his ancestor, anini. Too stubborn.
He should just do the needful Jere before war begins in this country because of his thievery. Yeyenotu!
Gej that sacrificed his position because of mumunity unity and peace to reign is not a coward na

IB of Otuoke didn't sacrifice his position for anything (mumunity or unity). He contested, he rigged massively in his own favour in both SE and SS with the introduction of dubious Incidence Form and lost by a margin of 2 million votes. He knew the likely end game for himself if he were to refused to relinquish himself from the power. Today, he is gallivanting around the world with his wife and their loots. The best decision for him if you ask me.
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 28, 2019
This is what he should have done instead of running from pillar to post. Bloody thief!! shocked
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by maasoap(m): 8:18am On Jan 28, 2019
nwabobo:

The evidence is in the fact that he can't explain how he came about the 3 million dollars in numerous hidden accounts which he "forgot" to declare in his assets declaration form. Supporter of corrupt people. Many of you don't even know that it was because of people like Onnoghen Nigeria is in this mess with no hope in sight. Shame and pity

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Boyooosa(m): 8:20am On Jan 28, 2019
maasoap:

IB of Otuoke didn't sacrifice his position for anything (mumunity or unity). He contested, he rigged massively in his own favour in both SE and SS with the introduction of dubious Incidence Form and lost by a margin of 2 million votes. He knew the likely end game for himself if he were to refused to relinquish himself from the power. Today, he is gallivanting around the world with his wife and their loots. The best decision for him if you ask me.
At least he should borrow a leaf from that before we start sharing blood like Patience would warn!
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by don4real18(m): 8:21am On Jan 28, 2019
shortgun:
Buhari the tyrant will eventually set the country on fire.
He and his advisers are not smart.
Removing the CJN without Senate approval is null and void.
No court will uphold that decision.
The problem of Nigeria is the deceased Cows supporting this illegality.
Buhari is a tyrant for thieves and corrupt people who want their way to milk the nation dry
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by livelymatilda22: 8:21am On Jan 28, 2019
KenOne:
Exercise in futility, the court case has to move up to the ladder from federal high court, appeal and then supreme court.

Meanwhile Onnoghen retirement age is next year 2020, born 1950 at present he's 69years old and by next year he's reached 70yrs the mandatory retirement age for a judge.

The government and the acting CJN will automatically delay the case in courts until he retires.

Onnoghen my sincere advise is just accept it in good faith and go home even if you get judgement today the federal government will not abide by the judgement.

Justice Ayo Salami got judgement from federal high court to appeal and then supreme for reinstatement not only that NJC also cleared him of all the charges and recommended for him to be reinstated too did Goodluck Jonathan the person that sacked him reinstate Ayo Salami till he left office.
Correct yourself, Good luck Jonathan did not reinstatw Ayo Salami

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by shortgun(m): 8:26am On Jan 28, 2019
maasoap:

You would have preferred Buhari to be running from pillar to post in trying to get the corrupt CJN out of the system. But now that the case is that the corrupt judge is the one running helter-skelter, you're sad and seeing someone who will set Nigeria on fire.
May be your fortune in this life is in that over 3 million dollars blood money, continue defending those who are making life difficult for you as a result of corruption
I wonder what you guys are on? OK let me it make simple.
You said the man stole money, you have your evidences(including his alleged confession)
Good!
This doesn't make the man guilty.
Follow the process, get him convicted, send him to jail. Every one will be happy.

I wonder how you will feel if you or any one dear to you will be convicted without trial or by allegations and you are not allowed to defend yourself.
This is not about the CJN, its about you n i, its about our children unborn.
This is barbaric. Only a detector will act the way Buhari has done.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by K0y3: 8:28am On Jan 28, 2019
Assuming all you wrote is actually true, then is the CJN a member of the opposition?

Princedapace:

I want to call ur attention to something bro. Humans behave somehow and humans are very sensitive. The issue has always been how bias Buhari is. Buhari is provocative. For instance, he usually very slow and act ignorant when anyone who is his supporter is caught and accused of corruption. Take the case of kemi. She was caught red handed, she should be in court by now.. It is so unfair that we live in a country where the law is meant for the opposition only.

That is the problem. People are bitter becus of how Buhari handles issues like this. He is always selective and has been known to protext his bloodline and friends. That is bad becus Nigeria is not his personal property.

Look at the case of kano state governor. Becus of his role in his reelection, the president was even defending him by saying the technology used could have been compromised. That is so wrong of a president.

Then, the president has been so bias in his appointments. The entire security structure is under a particular region and religion. It is so unfair. If Buhari has been fair, I think majority of Nigerians would have supported him.

As for this case, the timing is so wrong, the speed is so suspicious. In fact, see Buhari o who has been very slow, the way he acted so speedy, u begin to imagine what happened..

And finally, the judiciary is an independent arm. Removing this man like this is like removing Buhari from office without due process. What is wrong is wrong no matter the intention. If we keep doing it like this, it means we will keep having judiciary that are hand bags to governors and president and that doesn't make sense..

Like I keep telling anyone, if u love Nigeria, don't pray for an opposition party to die. Even the USA, with her high level of moral standard in governance, can't afford to kill an opposition party. The opposition is good for democracy. If the president successfully bully opposition, take control of the judiciary, the legislature, and the security apparatus, it is finished na. No need for election. And don't forget the average black man is never honest. Buhari may have good intentions but what about those men who run things for him? Buhari is already getting too old and u can see it.

Someone who can't remember many things. It is obvious some one or some people are the ones making major decisions on his behalf. We need to be careful else we may never have a country for our kids.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by yaqq: 8:33am On Jan 28, 2019
Viking007:
[/s][s]

Nobody supports corruption, all the Nigerian people are asking for is for your dictator to follow the constitution.

[img]https:///media/1-13-2018/SE31db.gif[/img]
which is?
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Princedapace(m): 8:34am On Jan 28, 2019
K0y3:
Assuming all you wrote is actually true, then is the CJN a member of the opposition?

No, he is not but when the ruling party hand picks only men and women who are loyal to them to run the major institutions of the country, the opposition will not stand.

To allow opposition flourish the ruling party must allow the three arms of govt to be truly independent. The hand picking of the othe arms of govt has killed the country over the decades.

For instance, imagine the legislature under the full control of Buhari. That means whatever he does, the legislature will support him. But that is not the idea. The president in a decent county should be scared of the other two arms of govt. U Don see how the house dey tackle Trump? What about the French president? How about in South Africa, u Don see how the house dey tackle their president? The worse thing that can happen to any country is for the two other arms to be boy boy to the president..that has been the major goal of Buhari led govt. Remember how hey tried to take over the leaderhsip of the house. It so wrong.

In fact the media would have come so hard on the CJN that he would have left office on his own. No matter the reason behind what buhari did, it is wrong.

As it stands, Buhari is controlling the entire security apparatus, the judiciary and partly the legislature. U can see how ApC senators rally around him. The house is not meant to be boy boy to the president. They were elected by the masses and not by the president. We no sabi develop country at all. It is written all over us.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by manucho: 8:35am On Jan 28, 2019
shortgun:

I wonder what you guys are on? OK let me it make simple.
You said the man stole money, you have your evidences(including his alleged confession)
Good!
This doesn't make the man guilty.
Follow the process, get him convicted, send him to jail. Every one will be happy.

I wonder how you will feel if you or any one dear to you will be convicted without trial or by allegations and you are not allowed to defend yourself.
This is not about the CJN, its about you n i, its about our children unborn.
This is barbaric. Only a detector will act the way Buhari has done.
I can see you're high on Jamaican and African weed combined. Someone confessed he's guilty what's there to talk about again? Can you make a criminal to preside over his own case ? Make una dey apply una IQ small small now

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by hush15: 8:41am On Jan 28, 2019
Clerverly:
I thought the Supreme Court na him inheritance? Why is he running away from staying put?

May God Punish anybody that supports corruption!

That means you are the number one beneficiary of Gods punishment because the process by which the president acted is even more corrupt.

To start with,when the president got the letter from CCT judge, did he even bother to ask the CCT whether the person in question was served before bring the letter to him to vet because the culprit in question wasnt even aware of the judgement not until the president replaced him was when he knew CCT had pass an interim order.

Secondly, what happened to fair hearing? everybody including a thieve has a right to fair hearing before an action is taken. There is no fair hearing at all before making such order and the president also cared less to find out if due process was followed. The swiftness of his action depicts a sinister move. Just recently, i read that he just gave the nod for the culprit of NSA funds and Barbachir Lawal to be prosecuted but despite such nod, no swiftness of action or aggression like that taken on the CJN which tells you he is very biased in his approaches.

Lastly, as the president, he should have guided the CCT in the right approach in executing the order. The NJC comprises of various people. Even retired Judges, he could have compelled them to meet to reach an agreement on the next move for the CJN. Thats the job of the Attorney General, to ensure something is done about it to retain the credibility of the Judiciary but lile i said, there is an ulterior motive for auch actions of the president to take laws into his own hands...

Mr President should know that power is transient and nobody owns it forever. Roman Empire rose and fell. Same with Persian Empire. Buhari is there now, one day, he will go and me personally is looking forward to Feb 16 cos it will be his starting journey home and posterity will only remember him as the worst president nigeria ever had..

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by tonero263(m): 8:41am On Jan 28, 2019
dre11:

https://punchng.com/onnoghen-to-challenge-suspension-in-court/

One decision,too many control measures,whether it was a good or bad decision time will tell. #IJustDeyWatchForCorner
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by emmykk(m): 8:50am On Jan 28, 2019
WebSurfer:
I’M FROM THE SOUTH BUT LET US PUT PARTISAN POLITICS ASIDE AND ANSWER THIS QUESTION

IS THERE SUPPOSE TO BE ANY FORM OF JUSTIFICATION FOR ANYONE FOUND GUILTY AGAINST THE LAW?

WHY DO CERTAIN PEOPLE PUT SO MUCH ENERGY DEFENDING THIEVES WITH GLARING EVIDENCES ?

I’M TIRED OF SHARING THIS COUNTRY WITH CRIMINALS AND STUPID PEOPLE WITH NO MORAL BRAINS

What is the meaning of you are from south....because if people want to be fake they always start with am north and am from south
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by WebSurfer(m): 8:53am On Jan 28, 2019
emmykk:

What is the meaning of you are from south....because if people want to be fake they always start with am north and am from south
I’m Deltan but that shouldn’t stop me from speaking truth when I see it
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by WebSurfer(m): 8:54am On Jan 28, 2019
Andrewkinggg:

How is Onnoghen a thief? Bros please say it how it is.. Onnoghen is and was never indicted in any financial fraud or was said to have stolen any money. Their bane is that he didn't declare a bank account with a substantive amount in it.

The real thief is still flying with his babanriga following the president to every state campaigning with the president claiming ignorance of what he did..
Do you realize these undeclared accounts might have been used to receive bribes ? Where is the money coming from or are you that dumb ?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:55am On Jan 28, 2019
WebSurfer:

Do you realize these illegal accounts might have been used to receive bribes ? Where is the money coming from are are you that dumb ?

who told you the accounts are illegal?
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by olmyde(m): 8:56am On Jan 28, 2019
Only a thief would support a thief, that's how some people supports fraudsters and give stupid reasons on why they become a fraudster.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by WebSurfer(m): 8:57am On Jan 28, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

who told you the accounts are illegal?
Who forgets His/her accounts for for declaration if not awareness of dubious activities it’s meant for ?
Are you really that dumb?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by WebSurfer(m): 9:00am On Jan 28, 2019
Andrewkinggg:

Do you think with your brains or your eyes

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by emmykk(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2019
WebSurfer:

I’m Deltan but that shouldn’t stop me from speaking truth when I see it

Good am from delta state at ughelli am from isoko north,now all the claimed that the CJN has this and that should have to be ascertain in court.

Those evidence against him should be tender before the suspension but it seems the president is after tribunal Judge.

To me until the CJN is proven to have committed any crime against his work ethics he should be CJN.

You will recall that saraki was not found guilty at code of code tribunal on assets matters if he had step aside or impeached to face his CCT then when he is found innocent what will happen?
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by K0y3: 9:02am On Jan 28, 2019
I do not totally agree with you, fine the house shouldn't be boy boy to the President but in this current dispensation things are not right too much impunity from the opposition which in turns makes the govt take drastic measures.

Judging with france, the US and even south Africa that you referenced. Will it be possible for the opposition with their numbers in the minority to take charge of leadership of the house? Saraki and dogora should and would have stepped down when they decamped to the minority and still could not make up as the majority with their numbers but no the opposition hailed and claimed there was no place in the constitution that says only the majority shld take charge of leadership of the house. This is impunity from the opposition and total disregard to the ruling party. But yea this is Nigeria

Also, as for the CJN, I'm sure you will agree with me that in these countries you referenced again, he would have resigned or step aside pending the outcome of his investigation. But no, the opposition governors backed and supported him not to appear in court, which on its own it's a double count charge. Which are being partisan as the CJN plus not appearing which is against the rule of law. Yes you can argue that how can a whole CJN appear in a cct and I'll say reason he ought to have stepped aside or resign.

Personally I think the opposition as something to gain if the suspended CJN remains which is an undue advantage against the ruling party similar to the ruling party controlling both the legislature and judiciary against the opposition.

This is politics playing out and I don't expect the ruling party to relax until the opposition takes control of the other 2 arms of government even while not in power before the elections.

Obviously buhari is not a dullard afterall

Princedapace:

No, he is not but when the ruling party hand picks only men and women who are loyal to them to run the major institutions of the country, the opposition will not stand.

To allow opposition flourish the ruling party must allow the three arms of govt to be truly independent. The hand picking of the othe arms of govt has killed the country over the decades.

For instance, imagine the legislature under the full control of Buhari. That means whatever he does, the legislature will support him. But that is not the idea. The president in a decent county should be scared of the other two arms of govt. U Don see how the house dey tackle Trump? What about the French president? How about in South Africa, u Don see how the house dey tackle their president? The worse thing that can happen to any country is for the two other arms to be boy boy to the president..that has been the major goal of Buhari led govt. Remember how hey tried to take over the leaderhsip of the house. It so wrong.

In fact the media would have come so hard on the CJN that he would have left office on his own. No matter the reason behind what buhari did, it is wrong.

As it stands, Buhari is controlling the entire security apparatus, the judiciary and partly the legislature. U can see how ApC senators rally around him. The house is not meant to be boy boy to the president. They were elected by the masses and not by the president. We no sabi develop country at all. It is written all over us.
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Haddock(m): 9:03am On Jan 28, 2019
Maket:
I will be the judge but I am a Barber.
I SHALL SHAVE ALL THE HAIRS IN YOUR GRAY MATTER.
NUISANCETICALLY grin grin ;DNUISANCE
Abeg no kee pesin with laff o! Nigeria too sweet abeg!
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by WebSurfer(m): 9:05am On Jan 28, 2019
Princedapace:

I want to call ur attention to something bro. Humans behave somehow and humans are very sensitive. The issue has always been how bias Buhari is. Buhari is provocative. For instance, he usually very slow and act ignorant when anyone who is his supporter is caught and accused of corruption. Take the case of kemi. She was caught red handed, she should be in court by now.. It is so unfair that we live in a country where the law is meant for the opposition only.

That is the problem. People are bitter becus of how Buhari handles issues like this. He is always selective and has been known to protext his bloodline and friends. That is bad becus Nigeria is not his personal property.

Look at the case of kano state governor. Becus of his role in his reelection, the president was even defending him by saying the technology used could have been compromised. That is so wrong of a president.

Then, the president has been so bias in his appointments. The entire security structure is under a particular region and religion. It is so unfair. If Buhari has been fair, I think majority of Nigerians would have supported him.

As for this case, the timing is so wrong, the speed is so suspicious. In fact, see Buhari o who has been very slow, the way he acted so speedy, u begin to imagine what happened..

And finally, the judiciary is an independent arm. Removing this man like this is like removing Buhari from office without due process. What is wrong is wrong no matter the intention. If we keep doing it like this, it means we will keep having judiciary that are hand bags to governors and president and that doesn't make sense..

Like I keep telling anyone, if u love Nigeria, don't pray for an opposition party to die. Even the USA, with her high level of moral standard in governance, can't afford to kill an opposition party. The opposition is good for democracy. If the president successfully bully opposition, take control of the judiciary, the legislature, and the security apparatus, it is finished na. No need for election. And don't forget the average black man is never honest. Buhari may have good intentions but what about those men who run things for him? Buhari is already getting too old and u can see it.

Someone who can't remember many things. It is obvious some one or some people are the ones making major decisions on his behalf. We need to be careful else we may never have a country for our kids.

To be honest with you I wouldn’t even vote Buhari if I had PVC because of issues you just pointed out.. that doesn’t mean I will vote ATIKU either...

This is because I am going to do what is good for my conscience

Very simple something

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Haddock(m): 9:06am On Jan 28, 2019
maasoap:

Rule of law, laughing cheesy
It is only when nemesis catch up with you guys that you remember rule of law to be abused as you like.
>He refused to appear before the CCT, that was even after he admitted that he didn't declare some assets including 3 million dollars blood money. That wasn't breach of rule of law
>South South governors rose from their shameful meeting and asked him not to appear before the CCT. Was the rule of law still working?
>He suspended the NJC 88th meeting for the first time just to avoid being told to step aside. Was the rule of law still working?
Rule of law my yansh, criminals shouting rule of law, funny.

Mah brodah! I don talk tire.
Re: Onnoghen To Challenge Suspension In Court by Dokore: 9:07am On Jan 28, 2019
Have you read the CCB act? The CJN did not violate any provisions of the act by admitting his mistake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Zakzaky Denies Endorsing Peter Obi Presidency / Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) / Kaduna Voters Cast Their Votes Via Electronic Voting At El-Rufai's Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.