Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense (17877 Views)

Babangida Is The Leader Of The North - Atiku / Maryam Babangida Is Dead! / Maryam Babangida Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by doyin13(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2010
He needn't have pulled the trigger on those people that died to
be responsible for the killings that took place.

That it happened under his watch and from circumstances he connived
to create himself is frankly more than enough.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Sharonf(f): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

lol . . . . Is this denial or what?

That their was a curfew and soldiers did kill in some areas, should now be interpreted to mean that all killings that took place during that time, in all areas of the country were done by soldiers, and it had to be IBB?

WOW

What is your POINT?
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by mamagee3(f): 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2010
doyin13:

Are you absolving Babangida of any culpability?

I
It speaks for itself. grin
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Kobojunkie: 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2010
Sharon_f:

What is your POINT?
Please tell me the question is meant for a joke . . . .

doyin13:

We had a discussion about a year or two ago on June 12th and people clearly agreed that IBB set off a chain reaction that claimed lives and halted a whole nation for over a week. Majority agreed that yes, there were killings by the soldiers but not all the killings involved the army or the police at that time given that the army was not present in all areas, yet there were attacks on individuals, and some killed simply for being hausa or yoruba.
Fast forward a year or two and we are already working on denying that bit so we can claim it was all IBB's doing?

Sigh!! I don't like the guy and if he wins, I probably will not be visiting Nigeria till he leaves but that is no reason to TWIST history so we can feel better about ourselves.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Chidoxyl(m): 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2010
IBB is saying PDP should uppend the zoning arrangement they established as a political party. Now, assuming PDP do uppend this zoning arrangement, IBB should know he is not qualified to contest on the platform of the zoning arrangement cos HE IS NOT AN HAUSA MAN - He is not from the NORTH.

Investigation carried out by one of Nigeria's 2011 interest group I belong to shows that IBB is a YORUBA MAN, who hails from OGBOMOSHO, in Oyo State. Very soon, and really very soon, we will come out to the public with our findings, and we hope IBB will be strong enough to debunk our findings.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by BigB11(m): 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2010
Ain't you guys sick and tired of complete incompetent leaders?
Whether you like it or not, the capabilities of IBB to be an effective and efficient leader in Nigeria today can not be matched by anybody.
Please stop all these unrealistic posts; get to understand Nigeria, our system, our problems and our politicians.
Stop fooling yourselves, ignore sentiment and say good bye to leaders with ineffective efforts; there is absolutely nobody else among these candidates that has the stamina and muscle to properly tackle all our problems like IBB.

And do not insult Nigerians, do not ever compare Jonathan to IBB.
You can not force a chicken to give birth to a lion; impossible!
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by buzugee(m): 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2010
i am surprised that in 2010 you guys havent realized that arguing with kobojunkie is akin to a dog chasing its tail.
even in america if 10 of you decide to steal bubblegum from the 7 11 store. if nine of you wait outside while you send the 10th guy to go steal the bubble gum. if during the stealing the guy is caught by the owner and he decides to blast the owner. even though the nine of you did not sign up for murder you are going to jail for first degree murder. all 10 of you. why ? because you were co-conspirators in the scheme that led to the store-owners murder. same thing with IBB. he created the atmosphere for the murders. he was the one who hatched the scheme that led to people committing murders. he is a co-conspirator to those murders
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Solomon227(m): 8:48pm On Aug 18, 2010
@ Kobojunkie
@Kobojunkie
you're frm which planet?
Did IBB order the shootings and the killings that took place during those riots? I am sorry, IBB may be an slowpoke but let's not heap it all on him no
are u sure you're not sucking your mama's bosom that time?
i'm talking about policemen shootin people on the street, in their balconies, because they're protestin d annulment of d election and you're are talkin about, tribal fight

Please wen u want to make comments on sensitive issues that border on human life make sure u have yor facts, U said people that were killed in the June 12 crisis died from tribal attacks. FYI I was on Lagos street as a restless teenager participating live in the protests in 1993. It started peacefully and b/4 u know it thugs took over attacking Govt installations and offices (like u expect) and the soldiers responded with fires (I lost a friend to soldier's fire and I saw a dead pregnant woman from stray bullet) and like a nightmare the soldiers tool over and came into streets harassing and thrashing every1 including women and infants. Kobo, may be u wuld blame dose of us that went out there 4 what we got but let me ask u, Were u in Nigeria when 10s of brilliant military officers were murdered by d evil genius in ADC crash? were u in Nigeria when IBB murdered his best friend from secondary school (Vatsa), were u in this country wen IBB murdered Dele Giwa? Kobo, where were u wen all Nigerian universities were closed for almost 1 year by the Dinosaur? where were u wen IBB annul an election and now seeking to be elected (dont u think its crazily contradicting), where were u when Soyinka shouted millions has been deposited in his account? Just last month your 'hero' pull another fast one on Dabor for advsing him to stare clare of the presidential poll, I will forgive u if u were probably too young to understand d havocs IBB reck on Nigeria and Nigerians in 1993
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Kobojunkie
Please wen u want to make comments on sensitive issues that border on human life make sure u have yor facts, U said people that were killed in the June 12 crisis died from tribal attacks. FYI I was on Lagos street as a restless teenager participating live in the protests in 1993. It started peacefully and b/4 u know it thugs took over attacking Govt installations and offices (like u expect) and the soldiers responded with fires (I lost a friend to soldier's fire and I saw a dead pregnant woman from stray bullet) and like a nightmare the soldiers tool over and came into streets harassing and thrashing every1 including women and infants. Kobo, may be u wuld blame dose of us that went out there 4 what we got but let me ask u, Were u in Nigeria when 10s of brilliant military officers were murdered by d evil genius in ADC crash? were u in Nigeria when IBB murdered his best friend from secondary school (Vatsa), were u in this country wen IBB murdered Dele Giwa? Kobo, where were u wen all Nigerian universities were closed for almost 1 year by the Dinosaur? where were u wen IBB annul an election and now seeking to be elected (dont u think its crazily contradicting), where were u when Soyinka shouted millions has been deposited in his account? Just last month your 'hero' pull another fast one on Dabor for advsing him to stare clare of the presidential poll, I will forgive u if u were probably too young to understand d havocs IBB reck on Nigeria and Nigerians in 1993

a) June 12th riot did not really take place on JUNE 12th.

b) I was in Lagos too . . . only I was at least 20 miles away from where the riot killings happened on the day of the riot. Many of the killings that took place after the Ojota riots, took place in areas where the army or the police curfews were not really in place.

c) Please go back to the begining of the chat to get a better understanding of what the conversation has been about, read and the come back and rephrase your log above if you really want me to comment on anything you have up there.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by angeloxxx: 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2010
IBB is naturally INCAPABLE of talking sense!
Is it not someone with sense that can talk sense?
He's only depending on Gulf Oil windfall (which he stole) to bribe and rig his way through. Rumour has it that he's trying to seduce Jonathan with N20bn to forget his presidential ambition and quietly fade off. But Jonathan is said to be still contemplating what to do on the offer as he reportedly does not have the liver for political intrigues and evil manoeuvrings.

Things will begin to happen small small!!!
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by buzugee(m): 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2010
on a side note, those of you living in america and know the racist connotation to black people and kfc. please go here http://www.yahoo.com/ its yahoos homepage and look at the news about kfc, is something racist about this image being shown ? is that a black womans hand holding the kfc box ? do you think yahoo is a racist website ?
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by hackney(m): 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2010
This man no dey come my village again if not i for go wait for am with
ogbunigwe. This one no dey for bullet-proof.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by buzugee(m): 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2010
hackney:

This man no dey come my village again if not i for go wait for am with
ogbunigwe. This one no dey for bullet-proof.
somehow i dont think IBB is coming to campaign in hackney. tongue
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by paddylo1(m): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2010
i am surprised that in 2010 you guys havent realized that arguing with kobojunkie is akin to a dog chasing its tail.
even in america if 10 of you decide to steal bubblegum from the 7 11 store. if nine of you wait outside while you send the 10th guy to go steal the bubble gum. if during the stealing the guy is caught by the owner and he decides to blast the owner. even though the nine of you did not sign up for murder you are going to jail for first degree murder. all 10 of you. why ? because you were co-conspirators in the scheme that led to the store-owners murder. same thing with IBB. he created the atmosphere for the murders. he was the one who hatched the scheme that led to people committing murders. he is a co-conspirator to those murders

Excellent point. . .
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 18, 2010
buzugee:

I have not really grab her point of arguement;that ibb wasn't responsible for the hope 93 deaths,honestly,this is the first time i'm hearing it.i guess she doesnt know how powerful ibb and of recent,abacha were so powerful when they were in power.who killed those innocent lives ? Nigeria army that served IBB ? Is there any connection or not ?
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by illusion2: 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

a) June 12th riot did not really take place on JUNE 12th.

b) I was in Lagos too . . . only I was at least 20 miles away from where the riot killings happened on the day of the riot. Many of the killings that took place after the Ojota riots, took place in areas where the army or the police curfews were not really in place.

c) Please go back to the begining of the chat to get a better understanding of what the conversation has been about, read and the come back and rephrase your log above if you really want me to comment on anything you have up there.

I see Kobojunkie has started his/her 'me against the world' line of arguments again.

IBB bears direct responsibility for annulment of June 12 & indirect responsibility (and culpability) for all the deaths ensuing from this unfortunate part of Nigeria's history.

No use reducing such serious issues to mallam & area boys on your street.

The issue is - the government is ultimately responsible for our security,why else do we look up to the police for protection from armed robbers & not lay the blame for insecurity on the armed robbers themselves?  undecided

And in this case,the govt of the day not only failed to protect its citizens,but actually instigated the insecurity directly.

I understand one needs to look at things from different perspective,but such arguments can only go thus far.

Leave IBB alone o !
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by sley4life(m): 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2010
sens of a chick
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by CGKing(m): 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2010
Poster.

There is nothing new about that. IBB has always made sense. He is an intelligent man. But he is pure evil and that is a serious issue. Would you accept Hitlers candidacy because he makes siense? Hitler was a brilliant man, man.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Tadeus(m): 9:47pm On Aug 18, 2010
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME JUST ONE REASON WHY I SHOULD VOTE FOR IBB, ?

IBB IS,

(A) CAPABLE

(B) EXPERIENCED

(C) DETERMINED

(D) NONE OF THE ABOVE
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by buzugee(m): 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2010
paddy_lo:

Excellent point. . .
thanks bruh
~Bluetooth:

I have not really grab her point of arguement;that ibb wasn't responsible for the hope 93 deaths,honestly,this is the first time i'm hearing it.i guess she doesnt know how powerful ibb and of recent,abacha were so powerful when they were in power.who killed those innocent lives ? Nigeria army that served IBB ? Is there any connection or not ?
the connection is magnanimous lol. the connection is bigger than the size of texas grin
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by buzugee(m): 10:06pm On Aug 18, 2010
Tadeus:

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME JUST ONE REASON WHY I SHOULD VOTE FOR IBB, ?

IBB IS,

(A) CAPABLE

(B) EXPERIENCED

(C) DETERMINED

(D) NONE OF THE ABOVE
can i call a friend ? grin
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by buzugee(m): 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2010
CGKing:

Poster.

There is nothing new about that. IBB has always made sense. He is an intelligent man. But he is pure evil and that is a serious issue. Would you accept Hitlers candidacy because he makes siense? Hitler was a brilliant man, man.
and so was idi amin grin
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Aug 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I am sorry but at this point it is somewhat obvious that it is not the case that I have not made my point well but that you REFUSE to see reason aside from that which you cling to their. PLease go back, read my posts AS IS to understand what I have said to this point on this and how what you have above shows you were not even following but simply responding.

By the way, insults and personal attacks do not ERASE points, they only reveal the level of maturity the one who stoops to that functions at . For those who have evidence against, provide it, else accept that people are allowed to have an opinion different from yours on issues.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by rayonnet: 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2010
Who says IBB is not an evil-political.genious. After 9(nine)years of destruction of our ethical and moral values as a people and a nation and  institutionalizing corrupting from the beginning of his regime to the last day in office. There is barely any family in the South West that did not loose one or more of there love ones during the June 12 debacles caused by IBB. Ask the South Easterners too.Many innocent souls that perished on the road when they were rushing back home for safety. What about the number of military officers and men that he continually shed their bloods to sustained and preserved power. IBB Knows his days of recorning is very close. Nigeria is itching closely to revolution(may be bloody as canvased by our revered constitutional lawyer and Professor recently?).Time will tell.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by charlesegi: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2010
omo shutup and just watch as things unfold and dont be carried away with mere sweet words. Or is as if they had recruited you as one of theirs,

you say nice talks, this is not new to us Nigerians for hundreds of them had said and made suger quoted words and promises, But wen they are there, they turn out to be what we [in quote]expect them to be. 'LIARS'

omo He is making non-sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Aug 18, 2010
doyin13:

I am not disputing that in anyway. I am simply saying that the many of the murderers who took to killing their neighbors in pretend retaliation during that period did not get their orders from the man though, and so it will be a bit naive to assume that all those who were murdered during that period were murdered during the riot.
Many of those in my area who were killed, died after the main riot, and people would have had no real reasons to FLEE back to their villages if their was no sensed tribal tone to the killings. Easterners fled east and westerners fled back to their villages for fear they would be next.

Kobojunkie:

We had a discussion about a year or two ago on June 12th and people clearly agreed that IBB set off a chain reaction that claimed lives and halted a whole nation for over a week. Majority agreed that yes, there were killings by the soldiers but not all the killings involved the army or the police at that time given that the army was not present in all areas, yet there were attacks on individuals, and some killed simply for being hausa or yoruba.
Fast forward a year or two and we are already working on denying that bit so we can claim it was all IBB's doing?

Sigh!! I don't like IBB and if he wins, I probably will not be visiting Nigeria till he leaves but that is no reason to TWIST history so we can feel better about ourselves.
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry but at this point it is somewhat obvious that it is not the case that I have not made my point well but that you REFUSE to see reason aside from that which you cling to their. PLease go back, read my posts AS IS to understand what I have said to this point on this and how what you have above shows you were not even following but simply responding.

By the way, insults and personal attacks do not ERASE points, they only reveal the level of maturity the one who stoops to that functions at . For those who have evidence against, provide it, else accept that people are allowed to have an opinion different from yours on issues.
LWKMD. . .so i'm off-point now ? What you said was that IBB was not responsible for the deaths of people that died in during the 93 riot and i have told you what i knew and witnessed,so why would i need a source to present a case that i witnessed.i can still see myself holding green leaves amidst the sight of stern looking soldiers parading the streets.so what is your point now ?
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Dalen1: 10:29pm On Aug 18, 2010
hum hum IBB again ??
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2010
~Bluetooth:

LWKMD. . .so i'm off-point now ? What you said was that IBB was not responsible for the deaths of people that died in during the 93 riot and i have told you what i knew and witnessed,so

Please repost the exact line where I said IBB was not responsible for the deaths please. I really want to know why you are having a hard time understanding my post all of a sudden.

~Bluetooth:
why would i need a source to present a case that i witnessed.i can still see myself holding green leaves amidst the sight of stern looking soldiers parading the streets.so what is your point now ?
I asked you earlier. did you also witness the cases that I witnessed and you did not answer me. Telling me you witnessed it does not negate what I witnessed or does it somehow do that?
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Tadeus(m): 10:36pm On Aug 18, 2010
can i call a friend ?

GO AHEAD,JUST THIRTY SECONDS, YOUR TIME STARTS NOW, LOL
Re: Babangida Is Begining To Make Sense by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am not disputing that in anyway. I am simply saying that the many of the murderers who took to killing their neighbors in pretend retaliation during that period did not get their orders from the man though, and so it will be a bit naive to assume that all those who were murdered during that period were murdered during the riot.
Many of those in my area who were killed, died after the main riot, and people would have had no real reasons to FLEE back to their villages if their was no sensed tribal tone to the killings. Easterners fled east and westerners fled back to their villages for fear they would be next.
JUNE 12 had nothing to do with ethnic clash at all.i live in an area where hausa community resides and there was no clash of any sort between them and yoruba and ibo.june 12 united nigerians and the only people doing the killing that were the soldiers.
Kobojunkie:

Please repost the exact line where I said IBB was not responsible for the deaths please. I really want to know why you are having a hard time understanding my post all of a sudden.
I asked you earlier. did you also witness the cases that I witnessed and you did not answer me. Telling me you witnessed it does not negate what I witnessed or does it somehow do that? 

I still don't know the exact place you stayed that you witnessed another version of the crisis entirely.the only time i knew the yoruba attacked hausa was when Abiola died.there was no tribal attack on hausa in 93 because it was ibb versus everybody.so where did you stay ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

El-Zakzaky Denies Endorsing Peter Obi Presidency / Oshiomhole Leads Road Walk For Tinubu, Other APC Candidates In Auchi (Video) / Zakzaky's Brother Supports Army's Actions During Zaria Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.