Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? (667 Views)

The CBN Is An Evidence That No God Exists / Is yahoo plus and money ritual real? Share your experience / "Firstson Kings Is Yahoo Boy, Used Blood Of Virgins" - Nwachukwu Jennifer Nazzy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Psalmologi(m): 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2019
The Advent of Yahoo-Yahoo: An Evidence of Social Decadence or Personal Immorality? - Adenekan Samson K.

"Take away money from all the problems you think you have and tell me what is left to be worried about." - Anonymous.

In recent time, the race to stardom and desirous longing for ephemeral things are on the rise among our youths, most especially on our campuses. This uprise posits question as to what extent many are willing to go to actualize this tempting feat. Is this longing a perpetual consequence of social decadence or an evidence of individual rotten personality?

As a result of Nigeria sodomic social standing, many anomalies are normalized to satiate the imbalance fueled by economic downturn and political gluttony parading itself in our corridor of power since independence. Among this anomalies is "yahoo-yahoo" or better still "Chacherism". This is a Behind name for internet crimes committed by many with the hope of meeting the financial standard the society is setting for them. It has become the opium hustle and a course of study for many with desire for overnight success story.

That was the story of yahoo-yahoo when human's desperation for sudden wealth was on a low. In the dawn of today, many youth wants to ride Benz while they ought to be on the bench. Many wants that first class treatment at those exotic clubs rather than paying first class attention to God and smart-work. This fast-pace ideology to making money is also eminent in the kind of songs been aired on our radio and television stations, this thereby perfume this ever raising social decadence called yahoo-yahoo.

In the turgid struggle of fulfilling human wants and needs, the desperate youths started hiding under the presence of Yahoo-Yahoo to perfect their ritualists potentials. Under the guise of Nigeria socio-economic rigidity, they turned the country into a slaughter-slab where the lives of many young men and ladies are forcefully taken. They exchange the destinies of their love-ones for Range-Rovers and popping of expensive bottle of drinks from one club to another. They forget the fact that there have many things to gain outside those expensive designer wears they watch on celebrities.

The advent of this anomaly called Yahoo-Yahoo and its advanced "Plus" form is a yardstick to measure where we are as a country (a society) and a bearing to judge our youths state of personal moral standard. Yes, the country is in a state of comatose and our leaders are evidence of failing backward, but what can we say of ourselves the citizens of this country. Are we (as individual) the solution to our social decadence or the problems?
Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Nanceer(f): 4:19pm On Jan 28, 2019
Only God knows
Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:24pm On Jan 28, 2019
Social decadence.

In my opinion the society appreciates quick money no matter where it comes from so long as it is money.We no longer value integrity,hardwork but we now value money.
Some of these yahoo boys no longer value hardwork but want to make money without working.
And the society just turn a blind eye and do nothing because some of them may be gaining one thing or the other from such people.

It is unfortunate that these people do not care who gets hurt or affected so long as they make money which they did not even work for.

1 Like

Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2019
op, both
Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 28, 2019
Both including increasing poverty rate and low standard of living and also high exchange rate

SARS keep chasing them up and down only to accept 300k thereafter but permit me to blame 16 yrs of PDP

1 Like

Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Fhowe: 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2019
It is an evidence of social decadence mere looking at the alarming number of youths involve in cyber crimes says it all .what do you expect from a youth that grew up in a society where
.you have to pay bribe before you are employed
.you have to pay bribe to get promoted while on the job
.then after serving for many years you still have to pay bribe to get your gratuity and pension
.where the guilty is freed cause he has bribe to offer and the innocent is punished cause he has no money for bribe
.you have to bribe before you are given admission
.you have to bribe before you pass your courses
.you have to bribe to graduate
.you still have to pay bribes to government officials to perform the duties they get paid salary for at the end of the month
Any youth that grows up in a society like this where money is king they have no other option than to look for how to get rich overnight .Everything in Nigeria is for sale even love the only thing we don’t pay for is the air we breathe .Most of the youths involved in cyber crimes are just products of the society they come from
Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Hoodbilonia: 6:33am On Jan 29, 2019
sars accept 300k. na robbery
highest 50k. lowest 20k
kaluxy007:
Both including increasing poverty rate and low standard of living and also high exchange rate

SARS keep chasing them up and down only to accept 300k thereafter but permit me to blame 16 yrs of PDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jan 29, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
sars accept 300k. na robbery
highest 50k. lowest 20k
The ones you know

We've heard reports of SARS taking guys to ATM to withdraw 100plus...not to talk of those caught with standard evidence and sometimes fetish things
Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Hoodbilonia: 6:40am On Jan 29, 2019
bro i dnt knw any of those fucs
both the ones i met and the ones wey even fillow me reach house collect my snoke.my lapy.my ipad.my two other phones. tjey looked like aiye menm last last all of us na street. na 50k i bail myself and my gadgets.tho my smoke was never returned back. its all abt how u compoae yourself and relate with them.they are all guy men.
kaluxy007:
The ones you know

We've heard reports of SARS taking guys to ATM to withdraw 100plus...not to talk of those caught with standard evidence and sometimes fetish things

2 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Hoodbilonia: 6:42am On Jan 29, 2019
last time i had real ish with sars was march last year.
since then my side mirrors and rear mirrors with my fuel tank mean a lot to me. Nokia been saving lives with ma inner spirit.plus i no juh dey go out dey keep late nite.i dont drive slow above 80mph don turn habit .sars made me do that. stay smart
kaluxy007:
The ones you know

1 Like

Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 29, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
bro i dnt knw any of those fucs
both the ones i met and the ones wey even fillow me reach house collect my snoke.my lapy.my ipad.my two other phones. tjey looked like aiye menm last last all of us na street. na 50k i bail myself and my gadgets.tho my smoke was never returned back. its all abt how u compoae yourself and relate with them.they are all guy men.

Those men rough pass street oo

They haggard pass those wey they dey chase sef...Plus their Asphalt 8 drivers
Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Hoodbilonia: 7:01am On Jan 29, 2019
i drive pass them.
if u wan do waka. make e be esrly morning before 11.
simple
anything after 11 u r on your own.
but sars is coming to an end as soon as atiku takes over
kaluxy007:

Those men rough pass street oo

They haggard pass those wey they dey chase sef...Plus their Asphalt 8 drivers

2 Likes

Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Psalmologi(m): 9:47am On Jan 29, 2019
kaluxy007:

So you believe poverty and low standard of living are enough justifications? Just thinking out loud...
Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Psalmologi(m): 9:49am On Jan 29, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:
Social decadence.

In my opinion the society appreciates quick money no matter where it comes from so long as it is money.We no longer value integrity,hardwork but we now value money.
Some of these yahoo boys no longer value hardwork but want to make money without working.
And the society just turn a blind eye and do nothing because some of them may be gaining one thing or the other from such people.

It is unfortunate that these people do not care who gets hurt or affected so long as they make money which they did not even work for.

It has become the reality the society is trying to adjust to. It makes me sometimes wonder when we started getting things wrong in this country.
Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Psalmologi(m): 9:57am On Jan 29, 2019
Fhowe:
It is an evidence of social decadence mere looking at the alarming number of youths involve in cyber crimes says it all .what do you expect from a youth that grew up in a society where
.you have to pay bribe before you are employed
.you have to pay bribe to get promoted while on the job
.then after serving for many years you still have to pay bribe to get your gratuity and pension
.where the guilty is freed cause he has bribe to offer and the innocent is punished cause he has no money for bribe
.you have to bribe before you are given admission
.you have to bribe before you pass your courses
.you have to bribe to graduate
.you still have to pay bribes to government officials to perform the duties they get paid salary for at the end of the month
Any youth that grows up in a society like this where money is king they have no other option than to look for how to get rich overnight .Everything in Nigeria is for sale even love the only thing we don’t pay for is the air we breathe .Most of the youths involved in cyber crimes are just products of the society they come from

I sincerely share you sentiments but my question is, where is the place of human sense of morality if we ascribe every defects to social decadence?
Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Psalmologi(m): 9:59am On Jan 29, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
sars accept 300k. na robbery highest 50k. lowest 20k
There was a country indeed.
Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Fhowe: 7:01pm On Jan 29, 2019
Psalmologi:

I sincerely share you sentiments but my question is, where is the place of human sense of morality if we ascribe every defects to social decadence?
we did not get to where we are today by mistake the social decadence has eaten so deep into the Nigerian society like a cankerworm , even the religious institutions that are meant to be in the forefront preaching about human morality are much more interested in preaching prosperity than salvation ,this same religious institution celebrate known criminals and even give them much more attention than the faithfuls ,they accept monetary gifts from this same people knowing too well the source of this gifts ,they even go as far as paying personal visits when they fail to show up at the place of worship they careless to take note whether the poor attends the service or not .Gone are the days you earn respect as a result of hard work ,our society only respects who has money without caring to know the source .Money has become the order of the day in Nigeria you see a first class student getting a paltry sum of 100k for the hard work put into archieving this grade but millions are given to the participant of a reality TV game show that promotes immorality ,so any child that grows in a society like this goes along with the trend ,I fear so much for the Nigerian youth cause recently the young adults engaging in cyber crimes don’t even see it as illegal they perpetuate the act and show it to the society like it is a legitimate thing
Re: Is Yahoo-yahoo An Evidence Of Social Decadence Or Personal Immorality? by Psalmologi(m): 12:25am On Jan 30, 2019
Fhowe:
we did not get to where we are today by mistake the social decadence has eaten so deep into the Nigerian society like a cankerworm , even the religious institutions that are meant to be in the forefront preaching about human morality are much more interested in preaching prosperity than salvation ,this same religious institution celebrate known criminals and even give them much more attention than the faithfuls ,they accept monetary gifts from this same people knowing too well the source of this gifts ,they even go as far as paying personal visits when they fail to show up at the place of worship they careless to take note whether the poor attends the service or not .Gone are the days you earn respect as a result of hard work ,our society only respects who has money without caring to know the source .Money has become the order of the day in Nigeria you see a first class student getting a paltry sum of 100k for the hard work put into archieving this grade but millions are given to the participant of a reality TV game show that promotes immorality ,so any child that grows in a society like this goes along with the trend ,I fear so much for the Nigerian youth cause recently the young adults engaging in cyber crimes don’t even see it as illegal they perpetuate the act and show it to the society like it is a legitimate thing

Hmmm...

(1) (Reply)

Boy Beats His Girlfriend For Inviting Her Friend To His House(video) / Call On Madonna University To Free 7 Ex-students In Prison Custody / Lady Calls Out Photographer Who Left Her Wedding For Another After Getting Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.