Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

There's No God But Allah? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / There's No God But Allah? (4202 Views)

Newborn Baby Says "Allah" Instead Of Crying (Video) / The Love Of Allah / The Known Existing Books Of Allah I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
najib632:
I swear you act like you have a block head or something worsen in fact you're not open minded you ask questions in order to ridicule people, from my write up is it not obvious that I was trying to explain to you the concept of Allah in other Tribes? If the Islamic scholars from the Yoruba deem it fit as calling Allah, Olorun then I have no problem with that.
Lol, don't be pained.

Olorun is different from Allah. Olorun is ruler of heaven who has wife, children and grandchildren(and orishas), Allah according to Muslim is said to be one without no wife, children and gods beside him, he's alone with the angel in the heaven sitting on a throne.

Yoruba Muslims just borrowed the word Olorun ignorantly without knowing who Olorun actually is. It was Bishop Ajayi Crowder that replaced Olorun with the middle eastern deity Yahweh and Muslims follow suit.

There's no weakness about Allah, you are here claiming logical today, the Angels will use it to taunt and torture you in the hereafter.
There's weakness about Allah.

He is not perfect!

That's a lie the Hausas were Muslims before the Jihad of Usman bin Fodio R.A. They were not practising the correct Islam that's why the scholar took action. Your ignorance and arrogance misguided you.

Islam came into Africa by war/conquest.

The Hausas still held to their traditions, Muslim Jihadist like Usman Dan Fodio came to force them to drop their real traditions and beliefs.

So where is the lie?

I was talking about Vishnu the blue god with a serpent around his neck.
Vishnu is not the devil! Find out about this Gods and stop behaving ignorantly.

Vishnu is the God of protection, preservation of good etc.

And he doesn't hang a serpent on his neck.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishnu

What is your evidence that many Indian Islamic scholars don't use the word?
I didn't say they didn't use the word. Go back and read my comment again.

What are you even reading? The Persians had a prophet named Zoroastra A.S, The Indians had prophets, in some of their books there's a prophecy of the coming of Muhammad S.A.W, the Chinese too did and many other Tribes did have their prophets, with time their teachings were lost, twisted and some of them were Idolized by their people. Get your facts straight.
Zoroastra is not a prophet Of Allah, he's a Prophet that believed in his own deity Ahura Mazda, his religion is called Zoroastrianism one of the earliest religion.

It was after Muslim conquest Persians were forced to become Muslims.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

There's no prophet of Allah in China.

There's no prophets or messengers sent to any nation, it's a false claim by you and your book.

It baffles me that you were once a Muslim for you to say this it shows that the devil targeted you by your ignorance. Common fundamental seerah you don't know you'll come here and be claiming versatile. SMH.
Each nations and tribes have their own cultures, beliefs and gods, they have nothing to do with Allah. Allah is just an Arabia deity.

Yes there are, but this is the religion of the final prophet Muhammad S.A.W, and he is prophesied in all monotheistic religions.
Another false claim, abeg where is Muhammad prophesied in Zoroastrianism or in Judaism or in Christianity?

Islam is not the last religion, these are just false claims, Muslims should desist from these lies, it's lame.

I used to believe in this nonsense before.

They're not conspiracies they're facts.
There's no prove of any imaginary devil doing anything, it's the people that doing bad to themselves in race, tribes, religion etc.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by usermane(m): 3:45pm On Jan 30, 2019
tintingz:
Salaam Alaikum.

The Quran often made this claim Allah is the only one true God and no other Gods or it goes There's no God but Allah. There seems to be some holes here.

My questions are,

- Is it that Allah is the only existing God and other Gods don't exist?

- Or Allah exist so also other Gods but Allah only want people to worship him alone because he's the true God?

If it's the first position, Muslims should kindly give logical reasons or evidence why they think or believe or know Allah is the only existing God and other Gods don't exist.

And if it's the second position, they should explain why they believe Allah is the only true God out of other Gods.

Thank you.

I will go with the first position.

"Allah" is not really a proper name. Allah mean "The god". And so just any God can be referred to as Allah. "Jesus" is known to Arab Christians even today as "Allah". That is why as an English speaker, I don't share Muslim obsession with "Allah". If you read my posts, I write "God", I rarely write "Allah".

You might now ask, if Allah is not a proper name, then how does the phrase "There is no god but Allah(the god)" work? Consider that "Allah" was already the term for the supreme god among the pre-Islamic Arabs. "The god" is explained by numerous verses of the Qur'an through attributes and signs.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 3:47pm On Jan 30, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Wake up Taiwo! You are in a faith based section not a Science section!
Does faith prove God?

And who is disturbing you? Am i not in the right section?

Your religion is disturbing people everywhere, why should I not talk about your religion? Are you the one to tell me what to talk about?
Re: There's No God But Allah? by aadoiza: 4:48pm On Jan 30, 2019
true2god:
Ad hominem. You can make your point without attacking strawman. We are all here to learn one thing or the other and you don't need to divert. The subject is There's No God But Allah? and you can defend your beliefs with a convincing argument. I think I understand Islam than most of you.
Where's the ad hominem in my post. I only pointed out the subtle ostentation in your ways in here.
Tell your atheist friends to convince us why atheism is the way instead.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 4:49pm On Jan 30, 2019
usermane:

"Allah" is not really a proper name. Allah mean "The god". And so just any God can be referred to as Allah. "Jesus" is known to Arab Christians even today as "Allah". That is why as an English speaker, I don't share Muslim obsession with "Allah". If you read my posts, I write "God", I rarely write "Allah".

You might now ask, if Allah is not a proper name, then how does the phrase "There is no god but Allah(the god)" work? Consider that "Allah" was already the term for the supreme god among the pre-Islamic Arabs. "The god" is explained by numerous verses of the Qur'an through attributes and signs.
"God" is just a word, it is the attributes and characters that fill in word.

The God believed by Muslims is different to God believed by Hindus. They can both use the word God but referring to different Gods. The origin of Allah is a word used for a deity in Arabia.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 5:02pm On Jan 30, 2019
usermane:

smh undecided
Re: There's No God But Allah? by najib632(m): 5:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
tintingz:
Lol, don't be pained.

Olorun is different from Allah. Olorun is ruler of heaven who has wife, children and grandchildren, Allah according to Muslim is one without no wife or children, he's alone with the angel in the heaven sitting on a throne.

Yoruba Muslims just borrowed the word Olorun ignorantly without knowing who Olorun actually is. It was Bishop Ajayi Crowder that replaced Olorun with the middle eastern deity Yahweh and Muslims follow suit.

There's weakness about Allah.

He is not perfect!

Islam came into Africa by war/conquest.

The Hausas still held to their traditions, Muslim Jihadist like Usman Dan Fodio came to force them to drop their real traditions and beliefs.

So where is the lie?

Vishnu is not the devil! Find out about this Gods and stop behaving ignorantly.

I didn't say they didn't use the word. Go back and read my comment again.

Zoroastra is not a prophet Of Allah, he's a Prophet that believed in his own deity Ahura Mazda, his religion is called Zoroastrianism one of the earliest religion.

It was after Muslim conquest Persians were forced to become Muslims.

https://simple.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

There's no prophet of Allah in China.

There's no prophets or messengers sent to any nation, it's a false claim by you and your book.

Each nations and tribes have their own cultures, beliefs and gods, they have nothing to do with Allah. Allah is just an Arabia deity.

Another false claim, abeg where is Muhammad prophesied in Zoroastrianism or in Judaism or in Christianity?

Islam is not the last religion, these are just false claims, Muslims should desist from these lies, it's lame.

There's no prove of any imaginary devil doing anything, it's the people that doing bad to themselves in race, tribes, religion etc.

"Islam came into Africa by war/conquest." - This is a lie, my tribe accepted Islam from Islamic scholars that are from a region in Coté devior, their descendants, still bear the name Toure. I can only agree that some regions were conquered, but not all.

"The Hausas still held to their traditions, Muslim Jihadist like Usman Dan Fodio came to force them to drop their real traditions and beliefs." - Look I grew up with Hausas, some are even my cousins and distant relatives so stop saying what you don't know. Usman bin Fodio R.A. was a scholar who was preaching the true theology of Islam, but the Hausa rulers didn't support him and tried to persecute him Imam bin Fodio noticed this and assembled his tribe the Fulani(both Muslims and non-muslims) to fight against the tyrants, he succeeded in his fight agianst the Hausa and spread Islam to many other tribes, he didn't fight my tribe because we were already Muslims so we assisted him with Supplies and some other Tribes too he didn't fight them instead he used salt! Don't come a say rubbish, you come here and lie to us that your father is an Imam what sort of Imam doesn't impact knowledge on his child?

"Vishnu is not the devil! Find out about this Gods and stop behaving ignorantly.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vishnu" - Ok I will but for the mean time tell us who hangs a serpent around his neck?

"There's no prophet of Allah in China." - That we know of.

"There's no prophets or messengers sent to any nation, it's a false claim by you and your book. " - Non-sense, your claim of you previouly being a Muslim still baffles me.

"Each nations and tribes have their own cultures, beliefs and gods, they have nothing to do with Allah. Allah is just an Arabia deity." - Rubbish Luda is Allah, Allah is Olorun, Olorun is Hashem, are you trying to say that all the languages in the world use the same word for something universal e.g. water?

"Another false claim, abeg where is Muhammad prophesied in Zoroastrianism or in Judaism or in Christianity?" - Non-sense go and read Seerah, go and read how the Muslims found the body of prophet Daniel in Persia. Go and watch Zakir Naik's videos on Hinduism, Judaism and Christianity. Budah was definitely a Messenger of Allah. Islam doesn't force anyone to convert, you're a lier and a hypocrite if extremists do this, don't dare say the companions of the messenger of Allah will do it.

"Islam is not the last religion, these are just false claims, Muslims should desist from these lies, it's lame.

There's no prove of any imaginary devil doing anything, it's the people that doing bad to themselves in race, tribes, religion etc." - Ignorance! Why is that the four promises of the devil are what's happening now, why us that the prophesies of the last days that were prophesied by prophet Muhammad S.A.W, why is it that immorality and sexual promiscuity and atheism and paganism being promoted? Why ? You're an ignorant and promiscuous person if you don't reason.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by usermane(m): 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
tintingz:
"God" is just a word, it is the attributes and characters that fill in word.

The God believed by Muslims is different to God believed by Hindus. They can both use the word God but referring to different Gods. The origin of Allah is a word used for a deity in Arabia.

Yeah, and they can use the word Allah but refer to different Allah. I've cited examples with Arab Christians and Jesus. You are atheist, but you still look at Islam through Sunnite/Shiite lens. I expect you to be capable of a more objective approach to Qur'an.

Consider the ruler of one kingdom, known to the people as 'The king'. In another kingdom, there is a different ruler known also as "The king". Regardless of the character and attributes of the rulers, they are both known as "The king". It is the same for Allah - the god.

Your original challenge is difficult for Muslims who believe stupid things like "Allah is God's real name" or "Allah is Muslims' God". Hence, you see uneducated responses left on this thread. But any Muslim who realize God is not obsessed with a particular name won't face difficulty tackling your original challenge.

17:110:
Say: "Call upon Allah/The God, or call upon Rahman/Most merciful: by whatever name ye call upon Him, (it is well): for to Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Neither speak thy Prayer aloud, nor speak it in a low tone, but seek a middle course between."
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 6:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
He (Allah) declares Himself "I am"

Truly, we have no problems with anyone calling Allah other names so long as it is not ascribed to other deities. Doing so nullifies their claim that, that thing they worship is supreme God. This is what tintingz is trying to do. He understood very well what he's doing.

So it is a waste of time with him.

This is sura Toha 15

Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2019
usermane:

Yeah, and they can use the word Allah but refer to different Allah. I've cited examples with Arab Christians and Jesus. You are atheist, but you still look at Islam through Sunnite/Shiite lens. I expect you to be capable of a more objective approach to Qur'an.

Consider the ruler of one kingdom, known to the people as 'The king'. In another kingdom, there is a different ruler known also as "The king". Regardless of the character and attributes of the rulers, they are both known as "The king". It is the same for Allah - the god.

Your original challenge is difficult for Muslims who believe stupid things like "Allah is God's real name" or "Allah is Muslims' God". Hence, you see uneducated responses left on this thread. But any Muslim who realize God is not obsessed with a particular name won't face difficulty tackling your original challenge.

Actually Allah is the name of the Arabia deity, that's the name given to that deity, the word has a root. Since that's the available name for a supreme deity in Arabic, Arab Christians use the word Allah for their God. Yoruba Muslims also did same using Olorun as Allah.

Key points:

- Origin of the word

- Attributes and characters.

- Mythologies

Now whether an Arab Christian use the word Allah or not, they are not referring to the Muslim Allah.

But still I think you have not address the OP premise properly.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2019
Empiree:
He (Allah) declares Himself "I am"

Truly, we have no problems with anyone calling Allah other names so long as it is not ascribed to other deities. Doing so nullifies their claim that, that thing they worship is supreme God. This is what tintingz is trying to do. He understood very well what he's doing.

So it is a waste of time with him.

This is sura Toha 15
Does the character of Allah the same as Brahma or Odin?

The argument is not about the name or word used, it's about the deities.

Please no non sequitur argument.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2019
tintingz:
Does the character of Allah the same as Brahma or Odin?
This is Brahma and Odin. Ask them undecided

This is Odin little bio

"In both the Poetic Edda and Prose Edda, Fenrir is the father of the wolves Sköll and Hati Hróðvitnisson, is a son of Loki, and is foretold to kill the god Odin during the events of Ragnarök, but will in turn be killed by Odin's son Víðarr."

Sounds like Allah the unseen Creator to you?. You are a joke and a boring attention seeker

Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 9:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
You need to know how to split your response properly.

Just use this format by inserting. [ quote] my own post [/quote ] your reply.

You use the bolded format to quote each of my post.

najib632:

This is a lie, my tribe accepted Islam from Islamic scholars that are from a region in Coté devior, their descendants, still bear the name Toure. I can only agree that some regions were conquered, but not all.
Islam came to Africa by conquest/war.

The history how Islam step foot in Nigeria is not consensually agreed. There are different hypothesis/versions regarding this.

Look I grew up with Hausas, some are even my cousins and distant relatives so stop saying what you don't know. Usman bin Fodio R.A. was a scholar who was preaching the true theology of Islam, but the Hausa rulers didn't support him and tried to persecute him Imam bin Fodio noticed this and assembled his tribe the Fulani(both Muslims and non-muslims) to fight against the tyrants, he succeeded in his fight agianst the Hausa and spread Islam to many other tribes, he didn't fight my tribe because we were already Muslims so we assisted him with Supplies and some other Tribes too he didn't fight them instead he used salt! Don't come a say rubbish, you come here and lie to us that your father is an Imam what sort of Imam doesn't impact knowledge on his child?
Usman Dan Fodio waged jihad war on Hausas who were practicing their real traditions, paganism and beliefs of their forefathers, the key point here is that he forced the Hausas to drop their traditional beliefs.

He gathered soldiers and started spreading Islam by war, he even got to Ibadan and he was defeated by ibadan warlords.

Ok I will but for the mean time tell us who hangs a serpent around his neck?
Why not tell us the deity that hang serpent on his neck, I want to know how you conclude he/she/it is a devil.

That we know of.
There's no evidence of Allah's prophet sent to the Chinese. China traditional religions are Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism, they are among the oldest religion in the world. As at now China is now widely an atheist/non-religious country.

Abeg, where is the prophet of Allah sent to the Chinese?

Non-sense, your claim of you previouly being a Muslim still baffles me.
Oga mention the prophets of Allah sent to each nation, I want to read about them or you and your Quran are just making empty claims.

Rubbish Luda is Allah, Allah is Olorun, Olorun is Hashem, are you trying to say that all the languages in the world use the same word for something universal e.g. water?
It's not about the word or language, it's about the mythology of these deities. Olorun has wife and children does Allah have?

- El
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)

- Olorun
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olorun

- Brahma
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahma

- Vishnu

- Ra
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra

- Mbombo
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mbombo

- Unkulunkulu
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unkulunkulu

- Yahweh
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh

And so may more.

Read about these Gods and tell me if they depict your own version of God, name is not the argument, it's their attributes, characters and mythology I'm talking about.

Non-sense go and read Seerah, go and read how the Muslims found the body of prophet Daniel in Persia. Go and watch Zakir Naik's videos on Hinduism, Judaism and Christianity. Budah was definitely a Messenger of Allah. Islam doesn't force anyone to convert, you're a lier and a hypocrite if extremists do this, don't dare say the companions of the messenger of Allah will do it.
LMAO!

Abeg mention Muhammad in other religious text, Buddha is Allah's messenger? LMAO! Buddha does not even believe in a creator God. grin

Ignorance! Why is that the four promises of the devil are what's happening now, why us that the prophesies of the last days that were prophesied by prophet Muhammad S.A.W, why is it that immorality and sexual promiscuity and atheism and paganism being promoted? Why ? You're an ignorant and promiscuous person if you don't reason.
LMAO, all what that's said about a prophesy has been happening long before Muhammad came, paganism, atheism, promiscuous just name any. There's nothing new or special about those lame prophesy.

Lol, I'm a promiscuous person ok, what about the wives and slaves una archaic Arab men kept, what's the definition of that? Holiness? cheesy
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 9:50pm On Jan 30, 2019
Empiree:
This is Brahma and Odin. Ask them undecided

This is Odin little bio

"In both the Poetic Edda and Prose Edda, Fenrir is the father of the wolves Sköll and Hati Hróðvitnisson, is a son of Loki, and is foretold to kill the god Odin during the events of Ragnarök, but will in turn be killed by Odin's son Víðarr."

Sounds like Allah the unseen Creator to you?. You are a joke and a boring attention seeker

Whether a God can be seen or picturize or idolized does not negate them being God, that's just their attributes. As long as people believe in them to be God then they are Gods, it's a belief system, you're not in authority to tell them what a God should look like or be. You and them are in same category to prove your versions of Gods existence.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 10:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
tintingz:

Whether a God can be seen or picturize or idolized does not negate them being God, that's just their attributes. As long as people believe in them to be God then they are Gods, it's a belief system, you're not in authority to tell them what a God should look like or be. You and them are in same category to prove your versions of Gods existence.
nonsense. That's their believe. What they believe is not God or Allah. Their gods have genealogy.

You are ridiculously unbelievable undecided
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 12:04am On Jan 31, 2019
Empiree:
nonsense. That's their believe. What they believe is not God or Allah. Their gods have genealogy.

You are ridiculously unbelievable undecided
Lol, what you believe is not a God as well. Your God is imaginary. grin
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Empiree: 1:14am On Jan 31, 2019
tintingz:
Lol, what you believe is not a God as well. Your God is imaginary. grin
I know your conscience is killing you inside.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 1:29am On Jan 31, 2019
Empiree:
I know your conscience is killing you inside.
Fallacy. grin
Re: There's No God But Allah? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:58am On Jan 31, 2019
tintingz:
Does faith prove God?

Your religion is disturbing people everywhere, why should I not talk about your religion? Are you the one to tell me what to talk about?

Religion is not Science! And there's no Religion without Faith! And how is Islam disturbing you? You are free to rant as you like but i think charity begins at home! Start from your parents, siblings and relatives before coming here! Stop hiding atheism under the cloak of Islam. People similar to you are the ones spoiling the Islamic image.

"Islam outside Kufr inside"

bye
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 9:58am On Jan 31, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Religion is not Science! And there's no Religion without Faith!
I asked you does faith proves God or any of your claims?

And how is Islam disturbing you?
In the society Islam and religion in general are disturbance.

From noise pollution to roadblocks to public nuisance and your religion is not a disturbance?

You are free to rant as you like but i think charity begins at home! Start from your parents, siblings and relatives before coming here! Stop hiding atheism under the cloak of Islam. People similar to you are the ones spoiling the Islamic image.

"Islam outside Kufr inside"

bye
Ad hominem fallacy.

I don't need to start arguing with my relatives concerning their faith, they are free to practice whatever they want to believe in, they know I don't participate in religious gathering and they don't disturb me with it, if they are disturbing me to be in some religious gathering that's where we will have problem.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by usermane(m): 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2019
tintingz:
Actually Allah is the name of the Arabia deity, that's the name given to that deity, the word has a root. Since that's the available name for a supreme deity in Arabic, Arab Christians use the word Allah for their God. Yoruba Muslims also did same using Olorun as Allah.

Key points:

- Origin of the word

- Attributes and characters.

- Mythologies

Now whether an Arab Christian use the word Allah or not, they are not referring to the Muslim Allah.

But still I think you have not address the OP premise properly.

Well, how can I prove that the author of the Qur'an is the only God that exist? There just isn't anyway to prove it other than trusting the Qur'an. I know, it doesn't sound logical. But unless I find and verify the scriptures of the other gods, it will be difficult to admit their existence at this rate.
Re: There's No God But Allah? by tintingz(m): 4:26pm On Jan 31, 2019
usermane:

Well, how can I prove that the author of the Qur'an is the only God that exist? There just isn't anyway to prove it other than trusting the Qur'an. I know, it doesn't sound logical. But unless I find and verify the scriptures of the other gods, it will be difficult to admit their existence at this rate.
You don't need to verify any scriptures of other gods to know if they exist or not. A book or text doesn't prove God. It's like saying comic books proves Superman. It's is absurd.

Secondly, trust or faith doesn't prove God!

God is a belief system, what I just need to claim is Santa is my God and he exist, I've faith he exist. Book is not needed, it's just faith. But then Santa has various books.

Allah and Santa fall into same category, their existence can't be proven, even logic can't prove them, they are imaginary entities, the only way to know their existence is to provide evidence or better still provide us methods to look into.

If Muslims can disprove other Gods, why can't they disprove their own God Allah? Not that they have evidence for their God, they just have faith he exist just like every other religious people.

So far on this thread, no Muslim has been able to provide evidence how Allah exist and other Gods don't exist or what makes Allah the true God out of other Gods, why did they choose him over another God. They just can't, all Gods are belief system, they are imaginary. I'm only getting a bias, fallacious and delusional answer.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Real-time Alqoh Updates / What Is Your View?: Quran Verses Appear On Russian Baby’s Skin / Fasting Six Days Of Shawwal After Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.