Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) (10455 Views)

Was Ojukwu A Warrior And A Hero? / Why Was Awolowo Not Good To Be President But Peter Obi Is? / Why I Was Denied A Second Term - Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 6:44pm On Jan 29, 2019
ODVanguard:

This is definitely the last time I'll be replying any stupid mention concerning his crap. The Nation headline you are bandying said Jonathan received a DEMAND (from SE leaders) for a state burial for Ojukwu, but Jonathan couldn't grant the demand because he had no such power. The Senate resolution buried the issue. Now fccck off my mention.
You are ignorant of what happened. The state burial was illegal by all standards but was later allowed to proceed in the spirit of reconciliation but rejected officially to avoid setting bad precedent

5 Likes

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2019
ODVanguard:

See your life? Everything about your personality is a fraud; your purported moniker and female sex is fake. Your claim of being Yoruba, also fake. After your false claim was busted you begin shift goal post. You biafrans are mentally challenged,for real. You opened this thread to try to mock Awolowo, but now that your false premise has been debunked, you are trying to lie your way out of your own poo. Fucvck you mehn. Na only your noodle brained ipob dupes fit fall for all your crap. Oshisko.
Stop cursing and face the debate

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2019
ODVanguard:

You must be an ipob coz na una dey reason upside down. The Nation headline said Jonathan received DEMAND (from SE leaders) for a state burial for Ojukwu, but Jonathan couldn't grant the demand because he had no such power you foool. The Senate resolution buried the issue. Now fccck off my mention.
Define state burial and tell us how ojukwu burial fell short of state burial. Do you expect Senate to officially endorse state burial for leader of a secessionist? After much controversy the state burial went on abeit unofficially

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 29, 2019
P

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 6:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
rainylad:

I was on a thread were el-rufai's son tweeted nonsense against Ojukwu..you need to see how Yorubas fell over themselves supporting him,one even said that 'Igbos will thrive if they stop hating other people' and i just smiled..

In their delusional minds,they believe 'other tribes' love them and 'hate Igbos' just because Yorubas do not like Igbos and vice versa..They love arrogating imaginary love from other people to themselves which is all in their minds ofcourse with no bearing to reality..same way they are fooling themsrlves that buhari will 'hand-over Presidency to them in 2023 while the North will vote for them against a Northerner then..smh!

.They also trumpet 'North/SW alliance of 2015 as an example of their 'sophistication' with all their might till you begin to wonder whether Nigeria got her independence in 2015..What happened to Balewa/Azikiwe and Shagari/Ekwueme?

Now you have raised a salient question begging for answers.

What yorubas are doing right now is not alliance but slavery and endorsement of cheating of the south to retain little relevance they mannaged to get through opportunism.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by meccuno: 7:00pm On Jan 29, 2019
Slonge2:
lol! Fool! Stop deluding yourself. The average southerner will stone you to death if you dare try to lump him together with your desperate asses. I was born and bred in Port harcourt, so I can speak confidently on this issue. Is it the Ikwerre man, or the Ogoni man, or Eleme man, that hates y’all obnoxious land grabbers. The Igbos are practically the most inconsequential major tribe in Nigeria, y’all can’t survive on your own, and your desperation is ever so brazenly displayed that no one wants to associate with y’all. Y’all are the easiest to manipulate, the SS use y’all the same way the Hausa’s are used by the Fulanis for the numerical strength, and all y’all know how to do is wail like babies after you have been used and dumped like used diapers. I don’t hate the Igbo, i’m Indifferent about your existence, but when you try to drag in your overlords(we the yorubas) into your puerile and infantile rants, I will always make sure you are taught a lesson with facts. And you don’t have to claim to be a Yoruba man, your akpu smelling body reeks to the high heavens. Have a nice day, and try to sort your drug trafficking asses before you talk about the yorubas
now i get it. you are Yoruba and live in PH. so tell me how Igbos are land grabbers i really want to know.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 29, 2019
Y

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 7:03pm On Jan 29, 2019
Slonge2:
lol! Fool! Stop deluding yourself. The average southerner will stone you to death if you dare try to lump him together with your desperate asses. I was born and bred in Port harcourt, so I can speak confidently on this issue. Is it the Ikwerre man, or the Ogoni man, or Eleme man, that hates y’all obnoxious land grabbers. The Igbos are practically the most inconsequential major tribe in Nigeria, y’all can’t survive on your own, and your desperation is ever so brazenly displayed that no one wants to associate with y’all. Y’all are the easiest to manipulate, the SS use y’all the same way the Hausa’s are used by the Fulanis for the numerical strength, and all y’all know how to do is wail like babies after you have been used and dumped like used diapers. I don’t hate the Igbo, i’m Indifferent about your existence, but when you try to drag in your overlords(we the yorubas) into your puerile and infantile rants, I will always make sure you are taught a lesson with facts. And you don’t have to claim to be a Yoruba man, your akpu smelling body reeks to the high heavens. Have a nice day, and try to sort your drug trafficking asses before you talk about the yorubas
Wike arrives Enugu for SE/SS governors forum meeting. Lol. You sound soo pained

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 7:06pm On Jan 29, 2019
Slonge2:
we don’t need anyone to prove our worth. We play a yorubacentric politics and don’t give a hoot about what y’all think. We are not the ones opening threads lamenting and wailing. It’s a well known fact in the SS that the Igbos are hated by all and sundry, I spent most of my life in Rivers state, so I can speak confidently. We have a Yoruba agenda, and that’s what we are gonna support whether y’all like it or not.
Stop crying. Awolowo dead end awaits tinubu. He should go and learn national politics from obasanjo. Until you start having a national agenda you are not going anywhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 29, 2019
T

4 Likes

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by CyynthiaKiss(f): 7:09pm On Jan 29, 2019
Slonge2:
This one, must be an Otondo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
O

3 Likes

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 29, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:
Obafemi Awolowo fought to keep Nigeria one. Despite all his efforts and sacrifices for Nigeria , Nigerian Government uptill today refused to acknowledge his contributions in Nation building . Awolowo was hunted and tormented by the same people he served hence his mysterious death. Even after his mysterious death, Nigerian government refused to give him an honour as a Nationalist

Then coming to Ojukwu. Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu was a Seccesionist who fought against Nigerian Governments for a period of three years. After his death, he received the Highest National burial that attracted different heads of state across the globe. Even the former President Jonathan said and I quote "I have never seen this type of burial since I was born"
My question is, Is it fair for Awolowo to be denied a state burial as a Nationalist ?
Some people will not like this grin

Cc lzaa velocity25 imperialyoruba yarimo sarrki

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 7:17pm On Jan 29, 2019
Slonge2:
the same way Azikiwe supported the Nigerian forces while the whopped the asses of you igbos. Awolowo always had a Yoruba first Agenda, and we loved him for it, state burial or not, he is honored to date by the whole Yoruba tribe.
His yoruba agenda made him the greatest political loser of all times. Thats the point

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 29, 2019
T

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2019
Y

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by CyynthiaKiss(f): 7:22pm On Jan 29, 2019
Those that want to stylishly contaminate my thread with lies and propaganda will never succeed.

This thread is strictly about the injustice meted on Awolowo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 29, 2019
R

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2019
Slonge2:
i’m not the one crying here, it was an Igbo man like you who opened this thread to lament. The present structure of Nigerian is actually favorable to my tribe, so why would I be crying?
How exactly is it favourable to your tribe? This is what the present structure has done to your tribe

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 7:31pm On Jan 29, 2019
Slonge2:
Before we can talk of facts, come out clean as a hairy ass, grown up Igbo man, then we can talk. But as long as you are hiding behind this female moniker, like Ojukwu did after losing the war, you won’t be attended to
Millions of yoruba thread questioning ojukwus state burial abound on nairaland

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2019
Slonge2:
He actually did better than most of his contemporaries, he is loved and worshiped in the SW, same cannot be said of Azikiwe or even ojukwu, whose wife was disgraced at the latest primaries
Lol. Being worshipped in his tiny sw enclave is now achievement. You see why tinubu will end up like him.? Go to obasanjo for a crash course on national politics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2019
Slonge2:
i don’t think they are personally, but the popular sentiments here in Rivers state is the Igbo are trouble makers, and they try to enforce their wishes on their host. Infact, the igbos were chased from Ogoni Land in the early 1990’s for this exact reason. And they don’t sell land to the Igbos in some parts of Akwaibom and even Ogoni and Okrika. I actually love the Capitalist nature of the Igbo, and feel they are a abhorred because of that, but y’all will keep on getting the hate you give till you learn to live and let live.
We hate them in tenfold. What's your point?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2019
T

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2019
Slonge2:
lol! Fool! Stop deluding yourself. The average southerner will stone you to death if you dare try to lump him together with your desperate asses. I was born and bred in Port harcourt, so I can speak confidently on this issue. Is it the Ikwerre man, or the Ogoni man, or Eleme man, that hates y’all obnoxious land grabbers The Igbos are practically the most inconsequential major tribe in Nigeria, y’all can’t survive on your own, and your desperation is ever so brazenly displayed that no one wants to associate with y’all. Y’all are the easiest to manipulate, the SS use y’all the same way the Hausa’s

are used by the Fulanis for the numerical strength, and all y’all know how to do is wail like babies after you have been used and dumped like used diapers. I don’t hate the Igbo,i’m Indifferent about your existence, but when you try to drag in your overlords(we the yorubas) into your puerile and infantile rants, I will always make sure you are taught a lesson with facts.And you don’t have to claim to be a Yoruba man, your akpu smelling body reeks to the high heavens.Have a nice day, and try to sort your drug trafficking asses before you talk about the yorubas

Unfortunately all these things you wrote are just plain bull sh*t. I live in Port Harcourt and I can also confidently tell you that those ikwere's, ogoni's, ijaws etc living there too don't see eye to eye especially ikwere and ijaw.

Yoruba over Lords indeed grin you must one of them dirty meat sellers or taxi drivers messing up the place. Let me reach you a lesson with facts, your hero awo [ which also means frog in igbo] died like a worthless rat after been witch hunted by northerners.

Imagine a yoruber calling someone smelling when you yorubers are the champions of dirtiness and diseases, lol was it not the other day that we saw some yoruber people scooping groundnut oil straight from the gutter? Once again over Lords indeed.

Drug trafficking? Dude are you serious? Do you think we are still living in the era of been brainwashed by yoruber dominated media? Bitc*h we all have internet access now and we all can clearly see how heads are rolling in the South was*te every god damn day.

And next time use more paragraphs, no one can read that brainless sh*t you just wrote without his or her head turninoniown, product of awo's free education indeed.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by CyynthiaKiss(f): 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2019
Lalasticlala FP.
Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 7:40pm On Jan 29, 2019
Slonge2:
for the muddy roofs, the occupants of most of those buildings are immigrants from other regions, mostly your Igbo brothers and sisters, trying to source for their daily bread. Most of the major infrastructural development projects going on in Nigeria, are centralized in the SW, we are handling some of the best portfolios in this government, things we never got to enjoy during Jonathan’s regime. So trust me, this government has been favorable to us
Lol. Afonjas love living in afoools paradise

3 Likes

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Lol. Being worshipped in his tiny sw enclave is now achievement. You see why tinubu will end up like him.? Go to obasanjo for a crash course on national politics
Obasanjo that couldn’t win his ward? Tinubu won against a seating president, the first to achieve such feat in Nigeria, if you understand politics, you will know grassroot is the shit. Buhari won because of his grassroot influence which Jonathan lacked. Politics 101 man, go read up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Asshurbanipal: 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2019
Ardar:

Unfortunately all these things you wrote are just plain bull sh*t. I live in Port Harcourt and I can also confidently tell you that those ikwere's, ogoni's, ijaws etc living there too don't see eye to eye especially ikwere and ijaw.

Yoruba over Lords indeed grin you must one of them dirty meat sellers or taxi drivers messing up the place. Let me reach you a lesson with facts, your hero awo [ which also means frog in igbo] died like a worthless rat after been witch hunted by northerners.

Imagine a yoruber calling someone smelling when you yorubers are the champions of dirtiness and diseases, lol was not the other day that we saw some yoruber people scooping groundnut oil straight from the gutter? Once again over Lords indeed.

Drug trafficking? Dude are you serious? Do you think we are still living in the era of been brainwashed by yoruber dominated media? Bitc*h we all have internet access now and we all can clearly see how heads are rolling in the South was*te.

And next time use more paragraphs, no one can read that brainless sh*t you just wrote without his or her head turninoniown, product of awo's free education indeed.
Hahaha. That afonja na complete dunce.

6 Likes

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 29, 2019
Asshurbanipal:

Lol. Afonjas love living in afoools paradise

Stop replying that we the South South yoruber guy. Just because he claims to live in rivers, he thinks now can now come here and lie ( which is a common yoruber trait)

3 Likes

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 29, 2019
Y

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2019
G

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Awolowo Denied A National Burial Unlike Ojukwu A Seccesionist?..(pic) by MajesticIgbo(m): 8:03pm On Jan 29, 2019
Slonge2:
the same way Azikiwe supported the Nigerian forces while the whopped the asses of you igbos. Awolowo always had a Yoruba first Agenda, and we loved him for it, state burial or not, he is honored to date by the whole Yoruba tribe.

We all know that Azikiwe was a nationalist unlike awolowo, a local champion, so you're just stating mere facts.

You should tell us why Akintola went against the Yoruba agenda. He refused to resign his positions as the premier of the west and also, as the deputy leader of AG.

Akintola was submissive and subservient to Balewa. You should really thank Igbos for killing Akintola cos, man was ready to sacrifice many Yoruba souls just to remain premier and venture into national politics.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

55 Party Chairmen Reject PDP Call For Mahmood Yakubu's Resignation / Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari / Niger, Benin, Togo Owe Nigeria ₦5.8 Billion For Power In 2020 – Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.