Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,489 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) (34369 Views)

Rice Trailer Crashes Into Market In Akungba, Ondo, Over 10 Feared Dead (GRAPHIC) / Truck Crashes Into A School Bus In Enugu, Many Pupils Dead (Graphic Photos) / Lagos Tanker Explosion: 3-Year-Old Boy Declared Missing (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by PlugBlogng: 12:01pm On Jan 30, 2019
At least 3 dead, tanker fell and went up in flames at Ojo Barracks (graphic photos)

At least 3 people have died and several cars were burnt after a tanker fell and exploded at Ojo Barracks, along the Lagos – Badagry express road.

According to reports, the accident happened in the wee hours of this morning, at about 3 am, and despite the heavy rain that fell, the tanker was still burning as at this morning
An eyewitness claims that more than 3 people died in the tanker explosion. A container carrying generators was also caught in the fire. Cars with businessmen’s goods were burnt together with the contents

The eyewitness said:

One of the containers near where the tanker fell was carrying generators and they caught fire.

A car carrying cartons of fish caught fire too.

Some people got down from their cars and tried to escape the fire but rain fell and flooded the road and the water on the road was already too hot. Some of them fell inside the water and died.

The source added:

I saw more than three bodies in the water. Some of them are inside the water so you can’t see them well until you go close.

The tanker is still on fire till now, accident that happened since 3 and it’s still burning.

News From PlugBlog Nigeria
https://plugblog.com.ng/at-least-3-dead-tanker-fell-and-went-up-in-flames-at-ojo-barracks-graphic-photos/

1 Share

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by ChiefAzubuike(f): 12:05pm On Jan 30, 2019
How people can't be smart enough to escape a fire accident amazes me a lot..

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by emirp: 12:07pm On Jan 30, 2019
Rip to the dead

2 Likes

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by emirp: 12:08pm On Jan 30, 2019
Just pray it should not be your portion

9 Likes

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by PlugBlogng: 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:
We can't blame them, at that moment they will be so tensed and can't think straight. And there was also heavy rainfall as at the time it happened

27 Likes

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by PlugBlogng: 12:09pm On Jan 30, 2019
emirp:
Rip to the dead
May their gentle soul rest in peace

3 Likes

emirp:
Just pray it should not be your portion
Amen

4 Likes

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by emirp: 12:13pm On Jan 30, 2019
My dear it's not about been smart
ChiefAzubuike:

20 Likes

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by Naijawebmaster: 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
embarassed
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by Flexherbal(m): 3:18pm On Jan 30, 2019
May the souls of the dead rest in peace !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by asdfjklhaha(f): 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
May God help us. Rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by MollyBank: 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

It amazes you? like they saw the fire and jumped into it or waited for the fire to come get them?

28 Likes

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by freemanbubble: 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
isoright
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by rhythyson: 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Really?
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by Aburex100(m): 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2019
This is serious oo...
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by Pearlyakin(m): 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2019
I really don't like bad things happening to my fellow citizens, it creeps me out
May their soul rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by asawanathegreat(m): 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
What a pity
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by chloride6: 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
See Expressway..

PDP it shall never be well with you....

1 Like

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by cardoctor(m): 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
Everyday occurrence.
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by Aburex100(m): 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
derok3782:
Abeg does it really work on sims that haven't been used for a long time?
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by yemobrown(m): 3:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
Clarion call!!!

Any persons who is of voting age and also make use of lagos/Badagry expressway should as a matter of urgency, use his/her voting franchise to elect the next governor that has "capacity", "will" and a can-do spirit to effect a positive change in the coming dispensation

There's a say that " we cannot continue to do things in a particular way and expect different result " , but this people wants us to keep voting them even if Democratic dividend eludes the electorate. This should stop!

Just a rainfall today has created untold destruction, loss, hardship and avoidable death around ojo cantonment bus stop this morning due to poor road. All vehicle stuck in the traffic at barracks going towards volks bus stop may not leave the traffic if urgent work is not done thereby endangering the lives of those waiting by their asset to robbery attacks and vandalisms. Must we politicize every decision because it does not favor the party at hand?

Arise "O compatriot, Lagos call Obey!

Lagos is a cosmopolitan state hence the need to eradicate politicizing decisions that will foster development in the state.

9 Likes

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by aku626(m): 3:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
wow, that road though
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by igwefivestar(m): 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:
have u escape one b4?

2 Likes

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by davillian(m): 3:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:
Wait till you escape one then come and teach us.
#rubbish talk. Na your type go hear gunshot run enter trailer mouth.

5 Likes

Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by oladimejiAyinde: 3:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
God be with us
Re: Ojo Barracks Tanker Explosion: 3 Dead (Graphic Photos) by Miracle4Sure: 3:26pm On Jan 30, 2019
It is well

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Bad Roads: Lists Of Roads Lagos Govt Will Be Working On Immediately / **** Any Nigerian In Seychelles **** / A Day At Tarkwa Bay Beach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.