Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Chicago Weather: You Can Get Frostbite In 5 Minutes Today And Tomorrow - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Chicago Weather: You Can Get Frostbite In 5 Minutes Today And Tomorrow (1060 Views)

How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps / My Trip To Chicago / I Trekked To Church Today And It Was Fun But Church Looked Scanty (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chicago Weather: You Can Get Frostbite In 5 Minutes Today And Tomorrow by Bishopp007: 1:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
As Chicagoans brace for a historic streak of subzero temperatures on Wednesday and Thursday, the National Weather Service is warning residents about how quickly frostbite can occur.

Temperatures could plummet to minus-24 degrees early Wednesday morning, with wind gusts of up to 30 miles per hour, the National Weather Service says.

Those temps can cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as five minutes, the weather service warns. Even if temperatures increase to minus-15 later Wednesday, the forecasted high, winds of 15-20 miles per hour with gusts of 30 mph mean frostbite could strike in as few as 10 minutes.

Although it could get colder Wednesday night, with predicted lows of minus-26, lower wind speeds mean you’d still risk frostbite in about 10 minutes.

Wind Chill Chart
The National Weather Service’s windchill chart shows how quickly Chicagoans can get frostbite during this week’s cold snap. | National Weather Service

Chicagoans should stay indoors and check on their neighbors for the next two days, city officials said Tuesday.

The city will open 142 public buildings and facilities in the next two days as warming centers.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago.suntimes.com/news/frostbite-weather-cold-temperatures-wind-chill-polar-vortex/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chicago Weather: You Can Get Frostbite In 5 Minutes Today And Tomorrow by Tenn88: 2:37pm On Jan 30, 2019
Wtf
Re: Chicago Weather: You Can Get Frostbite In 5 Minutes Today And Tomorrow by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 30, 2019
I'm seeing -45 on my screen. People were warned to stay indoors and the homeless are provided shelter.

This is so extreme.
Re: Chicago Weather: You Can Get Frostbite In 5 Minutes Today And Tomorrow by stonemasonn: 8:22pm On Jan 30, 2019
Na wah
Re: Chicago Weather: You Can Get Frostbite In 5 Minutes Today And Tomorrow by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2019

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Expired Nigerian Passport Stuck Me From Traveling Back..help Needed / Cheap Flights - Germany To Nigeria / Info About SAT In 9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.