Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen (32919 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Nigeria Court Can't Try Me / EFCC Traces Lawyer’s ‘car Gift’ To Onnoghen / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by adekolaelect(m): 4:51pm On Jan 30, 2019
KenOne:
See how PDP, Wike led by South-South governors and my brothers from the East misled Onnoghen.

Telling him not to attend and honour CCT sitting not only that giving him hope that he can not be tried by CCT and be removed by the president.

May you never be in a position to listen to wrong advice in Jesus name!
Amen
Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by ogbujajnr: 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2019
Three man judge headed by Aboki. What else do you expect

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by seunmsg(m): 5:06pm On Jan 30, 2019
Kudos to the justices of the appeal for having the courage to rule against the silly request of the suspended CJN. The suit itself was an abuse of court process and the CJN knows it. Onnoghen should simply go back to the CCT and defend himself. All attempts to procure an order stopping the trial would fail.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by agabusta: 5:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
kalohkaloh:
I wonder how the appeal court arrived at the conclusion that the case is criminal in nature! When has failure to declare assets and admitting to the infraction become a crime? Has Onnoghen been convicted of any crime under the Criminal Code yet in this matter? I'm afraid justice is being perverted and it can be anybody's turn tomorrow! Until NJC asks Onnoghen to step aside as CJN to face trial at CCT for breach of CCB Act and in the regular court for any crime related to having so much money and properties, the embattled CJN remains innocent! Let us fear God o!

why not familiarize yourself with the CCB Act and the punishment therein?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by southpole: 5:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
komekn:

I didn't go to Nigerian law school and l am not familiar with the technicalities of Nigerian law.

My understanding is that thier is a breach of conduct as to the declaration if assets. That is a civil breach and not criminal.

So how can the appeal court refuse to hear the matter on grounds that the matter is CRIMINAL.

In Nigeria when one tries to hide his or her assets from the state it is classified as a criminal act

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by Speedyconnect15: 5:56pm On Jan 30, 2019
agabusta:

You know more than the Appeal court Justices right?
God forbid that I discuss issues of law with a layman
Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by maasoap(m): 6:13pm On Jan 30, 2019
disturbedman:
How can a judge be avoiding the court if he is indeed not guilty?

I no understand ke!

He used his own mouth to declare himself guilty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by agabusta: 6:13pm On Jan 30, 2019
komekn:

I didn't go to Nigerian law school and l am not familiar with the technicalities of Nigerian law.

My understanding is that thier is a breach of conduct as to the declaration if assets. That is a civil breach and not criminal.

So how can the appeal court refuse to hear the matter on grounds that the matter is CRIMINAL.

Breach of the Code of Conduct law in Nigeria is tagged a criminal offence.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by Okoroawusa: 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
How many times will I tell u ppl?

Onnoghen as Nigeria ex- cjn is a forgotten issue.

Simple

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by maasoap(m): 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2019
bcashy:
They are finished.....Dubai strategy in crumbles grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Atiku go be like onoghen.....onoghen ...how.many times I cal u, pls send back my money ooooo...I.no wan hear story ooo grin grin grin grin

Which money? The money that has been frozen by the EFCC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by olasupoolabode(m): 6:34pm On Jan 30, 2019
Buhari has done his groundwork very well. Let the wailers go and hug the nearest transformer. [color=#006600][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by SirBunky85(m): 8:20pm On Jan 30, 2019
rusher14:
As former CJN, shouldn't he know better?

What is wrong with these people?
he knew all dese but wanted to frustrate the case with unnecessary technicalities and injunctions but pmb outsmarted him and his bunch of mumu advisers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by SirBunky85(m): 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
Raskasal:

Lol. So how is the case going? We need big lawyers ooo to make you win
u can hire salamrushdie and pachukwudi44 as ur counsels

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by SirBunky85(m): 8:23pm On Jan 30, 2019
Speedyconnect15:
Rubbish!

Was Saraki's case at CCT a civil case?

Why was it stayed?

The supreme court ruled in the case of SARAKI V FRN that stay could be granted when CCt is involved because the CCT is a court of quasi criminal jurisdiction.

So they granted saraki stay. But refused Olisah metuh.

Note

Metus's case was at federal high court.
Not cct.
PDP and wike struck a deal with onnoghen in saraki case ,dats y d supreme court ruled in his favour

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by SirBunky85(m): 8:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
PaChukwudi44:
The case moves to the supreme court.Now is the best time to settle this Ngajinwa vs the FG
and who heads the supreme court?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by Isoduwa(m): 8:30pm On Jan 30, 2019
nazicartel:
make everybody face dia case, me I get case for high Court with my village people

Your own don finish be that otherwise go beg them shocked

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by SirBunky85(m): 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

see illiteracy on display.Was Saraki not tried by this same CCT on imaginary criminal charges ? what happened afterwards?
saraki wouldn't have escaped if it wasn't for onnoghen deal with wike,little wonder saraki's first point of call after the supreme court ruling was portharcourt to thank wike for saving his ass

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by nazicartel(m): 8:49pm On Jan 30, 2019
Isoduwa:

Your own don finish be that otherwise go beg them shocked
I no fit.. we die here,,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by Raskasal(m): 8:50pm On Jan 30, 2019
SirBunky85:
u can hire salamrushdie and pachukwudi44 as ur counsels

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by Isoduwa(m): 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2019
nazicartel:
I no fit.. we die here,,

You die there not we and not here

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by nazicartel(m): 9:14pm On Jan 30, 2019
Isoduwa:

You die there not we and not here
u go follow me go my village nah...

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by Brightest04(m): 9:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
Every Nigerian knows that Onnoghen don't stand a chance because he's guilty as charged.Those politicians ranting over his suspension are the partners in crime.

They're the ones behind the stalling of various corruption cases involving some certain political bigwigs.

And his suspension also truncated their plans for the coming elections.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by Isoduwa(m): 9:29pm On Jan 30, 2019
nazicartel:
u go follow me go my village nah...
send me TF

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by MrPRevailer(m): 11:24pm On Jan 30, 2019
kalohkaloh:
I wonder how the appeal court arrived at the conclusion that the case is criminal in nature! When has failure to declare assets and admitting to the infraction become a crime? Has Onnoghen been convicted of any crime under the Criminal Code yet in this matter? I'm afraid justice is being perverted and it can be anybody's turn tomorrow! Until NJC asks Onnoghen to step aside as CJN to face trial at CCT for breach of CCB Act and in the regular court for any crime related to having so much money and properties, the embattled CJN remains innocent! Let us fear God o!

One of the very few sensible post of all the post I read in this thread.
These same people that have crying against Buhari are now supporting his moves. I began to think if it's diabolic manipulation of human minds through countless human sacrifices/rituals.

The Zombie effect might be real.
Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by msylva2147(m): 11:57pm On Jan 30, 2019
PaChukwudi44:

It says the CCT can go ahead to try the CJN.Nothing else
You have forgotten that he was asked to appear at the same CCT but he refused based on what the south south governors told him and now the appeal court is still referring him to the same court, so what is he going to do now since he initially feel too big to appear before it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by gretblue: 1:48am On Jan 31, 2019
Speedyconnect15:

God forbid that I discuss issues of law with a layman
But those that gave the verdict ain't laymen? Or Appeal court judges are laymen?
Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by deomelo: 1:51am On Jan 31, 2019
msylva2147:
You have forgotten that he was asked to appear at the same CCT but he refused based on what the south south governors told him and now the appeal court is still referring him to the same court, so what is he going to do now since he initially feel too big to appear before it?

He sent NBA delegation to Aso Rock to beg PMB for soft landing.
Re: Appeal Court Can't Stay A Criminal Case - Appeal Court To Onnoghen by komekn(m): 9:32am On Jan 31, 2019
southpole:
In Nigeria when one tries to hide his or her assets from the state it is classified as a criminal act

I presume we have RULE OF LAW in Nigeria.

Essentially Rule of law is ENTIRELY underpinned by process and procedure to ENSURE Fair play and equity.

The CCB and CCT are not criminal courts, they are preoccupied with the subject of CONDUCT.

And the question that remains unanswered is did the court CCT have competency to try the case ❓ Unfortunately the government obtained by subterfuge an illegal and trumped up Ex- party order.

But you have assumed without the notion principle in law ⚖ "Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat " presumed innocent until proven guilty.

The probability remain thar Onnoghen may be guilty but then without due process to prove that we do not know.

To deviate the person who raised the petition against Onnoghen is a private citizen, former PA to PMB, then the former publicity secretary to his former Northern based party CPC, them the director of the then PMB election campaign group. WHAT DOES THAT tell you about this process.

Left to the acid test of substantiation by a competent court what we may gave is hearsay assumed evidence. That is not enough indict a person on criminal charges. We have gone down this road before trial ny media and NOTHING HAPPENED.

The entire inner circle of the PMB group including TINUBU have very very Questionable integrity and many have pending cases of corruption intentionally left to be dormant by the EFCC on orders from above.

Going down the road of morality PMB is not on the higher ground of morality and unquestionable integrity.

In my opinion if we look a bit deeper beyond the superficial, l doubt if any of our supreme Court judges have unquestionable integrity and clean hands. The issue for this government is who is washing your hands APC or PDP❓ That is the determining component that decides INTEGRITY for them.

The PMB government is very selective in its flawed supposed fight against CORRUPTION, I am not decieved, however, you may be or have chosen to be decieved.

They the APC and PDP are all CORRUPT and clueless and have no vision for a greater Nigeria beyond self serving interests, IMO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins Edo PDP Governorship Primaries / Francesca Emanuel Is Dead / Senator Dino Melaye Sings At AY Show, Says "Don't Laugh oooo". See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.