Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot (23972 Views)

Ladoja Calls For Amnesty For Sunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu As FG Did For Boko Haram / Magnificent Jails For Corrupt Officials In China / FG Shielding Akpabio From Prosecution For Corrupt Allegation ― Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by yns4real: 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2019
An opposition presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, on Wednesday said he would consider granting amnesty to corrupt persons willing to surrender their loot.

Mr Abubakar said this while appearing with his running mate, Peter Obi, at a live town hall programme hosted by ace journalist, Kadaria Ahmed.

Mr Abubakar said he would consider drawing a line during which corrupt former public officials would be allowed to return their loot without prosecution. After then, strong policies would be put in place to prevent and fight corruption.

Mr Abubakar said it would be more prudent to allow looters return their assets to Nigeria tax free and invest them in order to boost the country’s economy.

Host Kadaria Ahmed suggested that Mr Abubakar’s proposal could be morally problematic, especially since he has faced corruption allegations since leaving office as Nigeria’s vice president in 2007.

“If you are to go and be prosecuting these people, you will still be prosecuting them and would not get the money,” Mr Abubakar said. He suggested that a similar scheme under past administration yielded over $4 billion.

“Whether it is moral rectitude that you want to achieve or you want to see a fast development of your country,” Mr Abubakar asked rhetorically.

The position was backed by Mr Abubakar’s running mate, Mr Obi, who said it is better than to allow looters keep their plunder just by joining another political party.

Mr Obi’s statement appears a jibe at President Muhammadu Buhari, who has been repeatedly accused of tolerating corruption amongst his political associates while going after opposition members.

Mr Obi said the Buhari administration has fought elusive corrupt people at the detriment of the Nigerian economy, which he said has been haemorrhaging jobs since the government was inaugurated in 2015.

Mr Buhari has denied going after opposition members.

On Wednesday evening, reports emerged that Babachir Lawal. a long time associate of Mr Buhari’s who was fired in 2017 for alleged stealing of funds meant for the internally displaced victims of Boko Haram, had been arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Mr Lawal’s delayed prosecution despite overwhelming evidence had been a spectre on Mr Buhari’s anti-corruption drive for several months.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/308947-breaking-i-will-consider-amnesty-for-corrupt-persons-willing-to-surrender-loot-atiku.html

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by madridguy(m): 9:08pm On Jan 30, 2019
tongue
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by decatalyst(m): 9:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
I just feel like laughing...and i don't know why.

What a Charade Democracy we have.

grin grin

More people would steal, plea bargain and walk free to throw the remaining cash and properties at our faces. embarassed

121 Likes 9 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 30, 2019
pdp just lost the election. Lol atiku na scam.

172 Likes 13 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by haffaze777(m): 9:25pm On Jan 30, 2019
Atiku & corruption lipsrsealed

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by dokunbam(m): 9:26pm On Jan 30, 2019
What!

thief giving thieves amnesty

39 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by abc115: 9:26pm On Jan 30, 2019
Amnesty for himself. ..

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by magoo10(m): 9:28pm On Jan 30, 2019
That is what the apc is doing

The difference is that apc is being hypocritical and using it as a tool to fight the opposition and any politician who refuses to decamp to their party.

If you have looted join the apc and your sins will be forgiven.. Oshiomole

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by mcmurphy132(m): 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
A looter will always be a looter... ipob sorry for you

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by netpro(m): 9:32pm On Jan 30, 2019
PDP has shamelessly embraced corruption in full. What a shame.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by onez: 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2019
A man with practical solution to Nigeria's problem

146 Likes 14 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by jericco1(m): 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
this one don start abi

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Flexherbal(m): 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
Mr Abubakar said it would be more prudent to allow looters return their assets to Nigeria tax free and invest them in order to boost the country’s economy.

Host Kadaria Ahmed suggested that Mr Abubakar’s proposal could be morally problematic, especially since he has faced corruption allegations since leaving office as Nigeria’s vice president in 2007.

“If you are to go and be prosecuting these people, you will still be prosecuting them and would not get the money,” Mr Abubakar said. He suggested that a similar scheme under past administration yielded over $4 billion.

“Whether it is moral rectitude that you want to achieve or you want to see a fast development of your country,” Mr Abubakar asked rhetorically.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by NinjaMetahuman: 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
lol

for more jokes, text atiku to 419.

he should go and surrender his own loot first. nonsense.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by GOFRONT(m): 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
cheesy

33 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by tlarge1612: 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
[
You will definitely be the first person
quote author=yns4real post=75270699]An opposition presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, on Wednesday said he would consider granting amnesty to corrupt persons willing to surrender their loot.

Mr Abubakar said this while appearing with his running mate, Peter Obi, at a live town hall programme hosted by ace journalist, Kadaria Ahmed.

Mr Abubakar said he would consider drawing a line during which corrupt former public officials would be allowed to return their loot without prosecution. After then, strong policies would be put in place to prevent and fight corruption.

The position was backed by Mr Abubakar’s running mate, Mr Obi, who said it is better than to allow looters keep their plunder just by joining another political party.

Mr Obi’s statement appears a jibe at President Muhammadu Buhari, who has been repeatedly accused of tolerating corruption amongst his political associates while going after opposition members.

Mr Obi said the Buhari administration has fought elusive corrupt people at the detriment of the Nigerian economy, which he said has been haemorrhaging jobs since the government was inaugurated in 2015.

Mr Buhari has denied going after opposition members.

On Wednesday evening, reports emerged that Babachir Lawal. a long time associate of Mr Buhari’s who was fired in 2017 for alleged stealing of funds meant for the internally displaced victims of Boko Haram, had been arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC.

Mr Lawal’s delayed prosecution despite overwhelming evidence had been a spectre on Mr Buhari’s anti-corruption drive for several months.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/308947-breaking-i-will-consider-amnesty-for-corrupt-persons-willing-to-surrender-loot-atiku.html[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Exwizard: 9:40pm On Jan 30, 2019
Someone that should be given amnesty is so granting amnesty imagine

Fools will rush here like they had given up on their brain

32 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Asshurbanipall: 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
This is good
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by princemillla(m): 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
Mehn Atiku really didn't impress me with this. There is no way Atiku will fight corruption with this amnesty thing.

We want every single person's who have squandered our money prosecuted and sent to prison. Not amnesty.

We need to get tough and not giving them a soft landing to gain popularity and majority

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
Breaking news: pls pray for atiku chai.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by 9jaArea: 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2019
So who will give Atiku amnesty for his past and future loot if he becomes president?

33 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
Exactly Sir.
That is a great policy. We the Nigeria youths are solidly behind you and we all will vote for you. The Nigeria youths have Atikulated OBIdiently sir.

14 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Miracle4Sure: 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
sad shocked
Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Fuckdamod: 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
Zombies dancing all-around the thread having their fun. cheesy
Even if atiku loots the world he is 1million times better than the blood sucking buhari cheesy

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by jojomario(m): 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
ATIKU is a joke. Anesty to corrupt persons.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
Ray97:
pdp just lost the election. Lol atiku na scam.

So it's better to sweep their sins under the carpet and bring them into APC?

12 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by tlarge1612: 9:42pm On Jan 30, 2019
You will definitely be the first person

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 30, 2019
A thief will always be a thief,i expect him to consider amnesty for yahoo boys as well grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: BREAKING: I Will Consider Amnesty For Corrupt Persons Willing To Surrender Loot by hisexcellency34: 9:43pm On Jan 30, 2019
Better than joining APC and keeping the loot

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Taraba: Mass Arrest In Ibbi, Vehicles Belonging To Suspect Retrieved / Buhari, APC Spends Billions Of Naira To Stop Atiku US Trip - PDP / Citizens Groan As Rice Hits N77,000 Per Bag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.