Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,243 members, 7,780,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:19 PM

Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari (16478 Views)

Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos / Southern Governors’ Resolutions: ACF Backs Open Grazing Ban / Saraki Reacts To CJN Onnoghen Suspension, Reveals Next Line Of Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by sarrki(m): 5:37am On Jan 31, 2019
39 9'

FEATURED
Danjuma, other Christian elders reject Onnoghen’s suspension, ACF backs Buhari
Published

January 31, 2019
Olalekan Adetayo, Chukwudi Akasike, Friday Olokor, Adelani Adepegba, Oluwatosin Omojuyigbe, Godwin Isenyo and Sampson Itode

The National Christian Elders Forum on Wednesday protested against the suspension of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, by President Muhammadu Buhari, describing it as an Islamic agenda.

The organisation called on Nigerians to mobilise themselves to resist the Islamists in the country.

The NCEF said the President’s decision to suspend Onnoghen was a “judicial coup.”

What was surprising, it said, remained the apparent unwillingness of Christians and other Nigerians to understand the core problem of the country.

Members of the group include Lt.Gen. Theophilus Danjuma (retd.), Solomon Asemota (SAN), Prof. Joseph Otubu, Gen. Joshua Dogonyaro (retd.), Dr Kate Okpareke, Dr Ayo Abifarin, Gen. Zamani Lekwot (retd.), Elder Moses Ihonde, Elder Nat Okoro and Elder Matthew Owojaiye.

Others are Justice Kalajine Anigbogu (retd.), Elder Shyngle Wigwe, a former Deputy Inspector-General of Police, L. Dabup, Sir John W. Bagu, Dr Saleh Hussaini, Elder Mike Orobator, Justice James Ogebe, JSC (retd.), Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife, Chief Debo Omotosho, Dame Priscilla Kuye, Dr S. D. Gani, Mrs Osaretin Demuren and Prof. Yussuf Turaki.

The NCEF’s statement, which was signed by its chairman, Asemota, was titled, “CJN Onnoghen: What is really at stake and the way out.”

The group said, “In 2015, Nigerians unwittingly elected an Islamist government into office, supposedly on a platform of democracy. It is with this as background that the questionable suspension of the CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, should be situated. The ‘judicial coup’ is not only against the judiciary, but also the constitution that is under attack and with it, the sovereignty of the Nigerian state as a democratic nation.”

The Christian elders also restated their commitment to prayerfully support Christian presidential candidates and indeed any candidates who would be committed and loyal to the tenets of liberal democracy, human rights and equality under the law.

Asemota said the Islamists that belonged to the Salafist sect believed that modern society should run according to the 6th century pattern of Islam.

“Islamism is not a religion but a political ideology which holds that wherever Islam is, Islam must dominate,” he said.

He added, “That is one reason why Islamism is called “political Islam. However, while all Islamists are Muslims, all Muslims are not Islamists. The National Christian Elders Forum is calling on Nigerians to mobilise to resist the Islamists in Nigeria and ensure that they do not return to power again so that Nigerians can concentrate on building a just and equitable society.”

According to them, infrastructure that is sustaining Islamism in Nigeria must be dismantled and democracy must be promoted.

https://punchng.com/danjuma-other-christian-elders-reject-onnoghens-suspension-acf-backs-buhari/

15 Likes

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by sarrki(m): 5:39am On Jan 31, 2019
Arrant nonsense

It’s not a religious thing

Onnoghen is not representing the Christian

He’s representing himself and his numerous girlfriends and families

All the so called godfathers will be a thing of the past by February 16

Nigerians will speak strongly

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by Mynd44: 5:39am On Jan 31, 2019
This Onnoghen issue is too messy.

The major trouble for me is how politicians have now allowed the issue to be largely a political one and I doubt that Justice Onnoghen can return to the Supreme Court even if he is found innocent because he has been politically exposed.

Nigeria does this to people

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by thunder74(m): 5:40am On Jan 31, 2019
Has anyone observed that the Northern and some Yoruba Muslims will support everything Buhari either good or bad while Southerners and Yoruba Christians will oppose and criticize him too.

The truth is that, the country is divided into two already, we now look at issues from religious and Tribal eyes.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:41am On Jan 31, 2019
Hahahaha wink grin grin.

No more Oil free/corrupt license for the CORRUPT men as usual.

They are all in severe pains.

Una NEVER see anything.

In Sai Baba we put the hope of our NATION.

To a new Nigeria we go....

You are free to remain behind, if you dont wanna go with us to the NEXT LEVEL.....

The group said, “In 2015, Nigerians unwittingly elected an Islamist government into office, supposedly on a platform of democracy. It is with this as background that the questionable suspension of the CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen, should be situated
This is so shameful mehn!
Smh!!

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by frankfrancis871: 5:42am On Jan 31, 2019
sad

Not even the pope can change Jubril's decision, I see no Christian elders there; all I see are hypocrites!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by seunlayi(m): 5:42am On Jan 31, 2019
The untactical approach of the presidency is the cause of all this fuss. Hope they will learn

4 Likes

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by israelmao(m): 5:45am On Jan 31, 2019
I am not surprised ,ACF has never taken a good stand.

5 Likes

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by Goovo(m): 5:46am On Jan 31, 2019
seunlayi:
Buhari must go
Go where

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by alfredo4u(m): 5:47am On Jan 31, 2019
I bet you guy........

That Onnoghen of a guy......... Can never ever be called back to supreme court....

Nobody have ever made it back after all this kind of brouhaha.....

During my time.......... I quietly stepped down........ I advise he do same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by Rubbiish(m): 5:49am On Jan 31, 2019
Mynd44:

The major trouble for me is how politicians have now allowed the issue to be largely a political one and I doubt that Justice Onnoghen can return to the Supreme Court even if he is found innocent because he has been politically exposed.

You have never wanted that man to return before.
So stop sounding as if u care...We know where u stand!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by supereagle(m): 5:49am On Jan 31, 2019
Elites are the problems of Nigeria; 2019 Presidential Election is either:

- We re-elect a President Buhari that fights for the Masses and taming the Elites. Or,
- Elect Atiku that wants to Auction Nigeria to his Friends and return Corruption to Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by kynbasil01: 5:49am On Jan 31, 2019
Mynd44:

buhari caused the problem, how can all his appointment come from north and at the same time one religion. .. it really shows that the man has a hidden agenda, people are not in support of onoghen but every one is now sceptical about buhari's motives. . This is unfair. Can you imagine gej doing this kind of appointments?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by jamace(m): 5:50am On Jan 31, 2019
sarrki:
Arrant nonsense

Buhari is executing SELECTIVE JUSTICE in his fight against corruption that is why most of us are against him. And selective justice is corruption!. Buhari is harbouring criminals and merely attacking discordant voices. Buhari's action is a mockery of fighting corruption and an anathema to good governance.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by kenzo25(m): 5:50am On Jan 31, 2019
May be all these people re corrupt that’s why they wanted corrupt individual in a position by force

3 Likes

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 31, 2019
The issue is largely based on the way he was suspended yet alpha beta files were not even raised, while we are yet to even see the asset declaration of Tanko talk more of other APC politicians.

The issue is on Buhari's bias.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by supereagle(m): 5:52am On Jan 31, 2019
kynbasil01:
buhari caused the problem, how can all his appointment come from north and at the same time one religion. .. it really shows that the man has a hidden agenda, people are not in support of onoghen but every one is now sceptical about buhari's motives. . This is unfair. Can you imagine gej doing this kind of appointments?

If ex CJN has retired normally, the present is next to him, he would still be the CJN, PDP appointed him not Buhari.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by dokyOloye: 5:53am On Jan 31, 2019
Mark my words, Buhari will disintegrate this country.
That said,I like as everybody is getting affected now.
Benue,Plateau,North east,Zamfara,Katsina,shia and Zamfara protesters who got the machine gun.
We shouted ourselves hoarse that Buhari is a divisive character,but they refused to listen.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by sarrki(m): 5:53am On Jan 31, 2019
Rubbiish:

You have never wanted that man to return before.
So stop sounding as if u care...We know where u stand!

Can you keep quiet and stop supporting corrupt people

3 Likes

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 31, 2019
Download this lovely song "Searching for love" by Xpol( a nairalander) http://www.naijapals.com/music/Searching_for_love_Xpol-89179
Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by chrisxxx(m): 5:54am On Jan 31, 2019
sarrki:
Arrant nonsense

Watin u smoke self way they give u this fake and illusive moral? Danjuma they talk u dey talk. U no dey fear?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by FunctionX(m): 5:55am On Jan 31, 2019
Christian Leaders should steer clear from politics.

check my signature and topics on affordable and quality online learning.

2 Likes

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by helinues: 5:55am On Jan 31, 2019
CAN wings bah?
Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by Rubbiish(m): 5:56am On Jan 31, 2019
sarrki:

[s]Can you keep quiet and stop supporting corrupt people[/s]
Quote me when u are able to get rid of the zombie virus in your system...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by Kamoryemi2580(m): 5:57am On Jan 31, 2019
thunder74:
Has anyone observed that the Northern and some Yoruba Muslims will support everything Buhari either good or bad while Southern and Yoruba Christians will oppose and criticize him too.

The truth is that, the country is divided into two already, we now look at issues from religious and Tribal eyes.

well bro, in this part of the country, there is nothing like Yoruba Christian nor Yoruba muslim,,, we are all Yoruba, my grandma was a Christian, some 9f my uncles are Christian and we are one big happy family,, we don't get divided along religious orientation or beliefs.. abi you don't know why Aso ebi is very important during Yoruba parryyss... we love ourselves and our money

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari by hoopLA: 5:57am On Jan 31, 2019
Eyah.
When Danjuma was butchering innocent Igbos during the civil war he wasnt thinking they too were christians.

Now that a clearly corrupt "christian" judge who by right should be above reproach has been exposed, he remembers who and who isnt a christian.

People like danjuma are the problem of this country. Foolish and useless elites who only take the side of their interests. Now it is to fan religious sentiments since ethinicity cant be brought to play here.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity / Leave Stella Oduah Alone – Niger-delta Group / Trial Of Nnamdi Kanu Adjourned Till April 26 - Channels Television.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.