Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

My Fiance Says Am Fat. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Says Am Fat. (37262 Views)

Please Advice; My Best Friend's Fiance Says He Loves Me / When Your Fiance Says "Get Pregnant Or Forget About Wedding" / Depressed: My Fiance Says Am Too 'slim' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2010
I need you candid advice.

my fiance says am fat and stresses me to loose weight! Am aalmost loosing my self confidence..
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by jaybee3(m): 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2010
Wow wow wow, some of us can be so so wicked grin grin grin
What i don't get is him falling in love with your inner-self but now complaining abt your outer-self. has he been blind all this while? Even though i am leaning towards advising you to call it off as it will only get worse once u start popping out 'em kids, i will still advice u to talk to him.
Let him understand you don't feel appreciated and even though u've been trying to address the weight all you need from him is his support not constant harassment.
He is your man so talk to him. If he continues being hesitant then you can always postpone the wedding.
Remember you have to loose the weight for you not for him.

who has been doing the travelling? u or him? I'm only asking cos i'm not comfortable about the fact that he proposed 3 months into d hook-up whilst u haven't really gotten to know him. This is a typical example of the reason why people are advised to court before making any promises.

All the best

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by tolutara: 8:27pm On Aug 18, 2010
Wow shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

That a lot chew on from your post. so I am going to go back and re-read it and come back with a response.

But off the bat, I am carefully going to say you do have big problem. You are with someone that isn't good for your self esteem as you are not his ideal expectation of a Wife. It might seem small right now but once you get married, it will be like the proverbial "Big elephant in the room".

Your Fiance is also too wrapped up in what people thinks about his wife, so not only are you dealing with his opinion, you are also dealing with the opinions of others, which means double wahala.

I will back, but that has been what i thought so far,
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by googles: 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2010
hmmm my good guess is this man actually likes you but he is concerned abt the appearance and wat pple will say

i suggest you talk wiv him and make him un'stand wat you guys are walking into come december,its a life contract

and if hez going to let weight issues dat were not problems at first, be capital issues now then he berra re arrange his priorities
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by follypimpi(m): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2010
^ well said Tolu.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by THEAMAKA(f): 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2010
I feel like calling it off, I cannot live the rest of my life with someone who wld be a constant reminder of my weight issues.
I have not picked his calls since Sunday because I feel so depressed. I have lost all my confidence and I dont even feel pretty anymore!

please cancel that wedding ASAP.
reading your story made me upset. you have looked pass his ugly looks, but he can't look past your weight? he says its fine (and i think he is, in a way, comfortable with your weight) but he is worried about his image and what everyone else would think.
that is not the type of person you want to marry.
he doesn't appreciate you for who you are, and that should be #1!
you can't say you are contented with someone's looks but then tell that person to lose weight at the same time.
my advice, do not marry him, move on with your life.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by follypimpi(m): 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2010
^ Na wa ooo has sum1 called u fat b4 u seems to be speaking with a venom,the issue can be resolved without calling off the wedding,she can sit him down and tell him how she feels about his actions.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by THEAMAKA(f): 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2010
follypimpi:

^ Na wa ooo has sum1 called u fat b4 u seems to be speaking with a venom,the issue can be resolved without calling off the wedding,she can sit him down and tell him how she feels about his actions.
I'm actually far from fat. just her story and the way she is going about it is upsetting me.
why stress yourself over someone that doesnt appreciate you? thats the bottom line here.
well, she can put the wedding on hold or postpone it. Dec is so soon and they seem to have been hitting the rocks already.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by adosjun(m): 9:11pm On Aug 18, 2010
Mr cork or mr prick or wat u call urself AMAKA na my gurl oo leave her alone Mr bend cork
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by tolutara: 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2010
Folly,

I completely understand where Amaka is coming from because whether she likes it or not, she will never be secure in his love for her as constantly at the back of her mind she will always be reminded that she is walking on eggshells. Several questions will always surface, when she eats a choc bar, what is he thinking?  

and like the  poster said she doesn't feel pretty anymore, Big problem because nobody's love is greater than the love you have for yourself, and verbally abusive relationship typical starts this way  as name calling typically will follow. He his already verbally abusing her actually, with his comments to her but still very subtle.

I am actually afraid for the poster. as quoted below in her OP

"But he is not satisfied with my looks. Between August last yr and this yr, we have seen 4 times and each visit, we spend quality time together. But the issue is that he keeps complaining about my weight. Everytime we chat or speak, he is always so particular about if am still on the diet and if I exercised. I have been on a diet and joined a gym. I have come down from a US size 14 to size 12.
I told him he was putting so much pressure on me and he shld stop asking me about my weight.
Before our introduction in April this yr, I asked him if he was sure it was me he wanted, he said yes but that his fear was I wld eventually look older than him.
Just last weekend, he complained that some of his friends saw  my picture and said I was fat and look older than him. He said he felt bad and that he does not want this to happen again. That I shld make sure I exercise everyday and loose the weight before November. "

Poster, Marriage is already complicated as it is without the extra drama issues like this may cause. Having said all of this, Poster, you would have look inward to decide what to do. But if it were me, I would go to counseling alone as well as with him before I make such a big decision. Wishing u well.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by follypimpi(m): 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2010
adosjun:

Mr cork or mr prick or wat u call urself AMAKA na my gurl oo leave her alone Mr bend cork

When butt licker can u shhhhsh ur mouth please aint talkin to ya.

THE AMAKA:

I'm actually far from fat. just her story and the way she is going about it is upsetting me.
why stress yourself over someone that doesnt appreciate you? thats the bottom line here.
well, she can put the wedding on hold or postpone it. Dec is so soon and they seem to have been hitting the rocks already.

Duhhh i knw u aint fat seen ur pic b4 rememba,I quite understand your plight but no point going over board about it,they can sit down and talk about it,is not much of a big deal.I have once repeatedly told my gf she's pillin up some pounds,didn't know i went abit over the line until she expressed how my constant remarks made her feel,i apologized and we both started hittin the gym together.So it can be resolve defo.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by honeric01(m): 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2010
THE AMAKA:

please cancel that wedding  ASAP.
reading your story made me upset. you have looked pass his ugly looks, but he can't look past your weight? he says its fine (and i think he is, in a way, comfortable with your weight) but he is worried about his image and what everyone else would think.
that is not the type of person you want to marry.
he doesn't appreciate you for who you are, and that should be #1!
you can't say you are contented with someone's looks but then tell that person to lose weight at the same time.
my advice, do not marry him, move on with your life.

U sound like the bereaved, let her decide what she wants, when she fell in love with the guy, you weren't there, she should be able to take a stand herself, she's going to be the only one in the marriage, let her think of the whole issue, let her ask herself if she truly needs to lose weight or not.

If she does not see reasons losing weight, why is she on diet in the first place? all the same, you prayed about it before you said yes to him, now go back and pray about it, you might be surprised to hear something else from God.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by follypimpi(m): 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2010
tolutara:

Folly,

I completely understand where Amaka is coming from because whether she likes it or not, she will never be secure in his love for her as constantly at the back of her mind she will always be reminded that she is walking on eggshells. Several questions will always surface, when she eats a choc bar, what is he thinking?  

and like the  poster said she doesn't feel pretty anymore, Big problem because nobody's love is greater than the love you have for yourself, and verbally abusive relationship typical starts this way  as name calling typically will follow. He his already verbally abusing her actually, with his comments to her but still very subtle.

I am actually afraid for the poster. as quoted below in her OP

"But he is not satisfied with my looks. Between August last yr and this yr, we have seen 4 times and each visit, we spend quality time together. But the issue is that he keeps complaining about my weight. Everytime we chat or speak, he is always so particular about if am still on the diet and if I exercised. I have been on a diet and joined a gym. I have come down from a US size 14 to size 12.
I told him he was putting so much pressure on me and he shld stop asking me about my weight.
Before our introduction in April this yr, I asked him if he was sure it was me he wanted, he said yes but that his fear was I wld eventually look older than him.
Just last weekend, he complained that some of his friends saw  my picture and said I was fat and look older than him. He said he felt bad and that he does not want this to happen again. That I shld make sure I exercise everyday and loose the weight before November. "

Poster, Marriage is already complicated as it is without the extra drama issues like this may cause. Having said all of this, Poster, you would have look inward to decide what to do. But if it were me, I would go to counseling alone as well as with him before I make such a big decision. Wishing u well.

I still stand by the OP talking to her man and letting him know her fears,though i reckon the wedding is too soon but hey,they just might pull it off.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by follypimpi(m): 9:24pm On Aug 18, 2010
honeric01:

U sound like the bereaved, let her decide what she wants, when she fell in love with the guy, you weren't there, she should be able to take a stand herself, she's going to be the only one in the marriage, let her think of the whole issue, let her ask herself if she truly needs to lose weight or not.

If she does not see reasons losing weight, why is she on diet in the first place? all the same, you prayed about it before you said yes to him, now go back and pray about it, you might be surprised to hear something else from God.

Exactly my point.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by THEAMAKA(f): 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2010
honeric01:

she came here asking for advice, and i gave it to her.
why are you now telling me to "let her decided what she wants" 
am i now holding a gun to her head?  undecided
and besides, she said she felt comfortable in her body and she is pretty much losing the weight for him, not for herself.

follypimpi:

Duhhh i knw u aint fat seen your pic b4 rememba,I quite understand your plight but no point going over board about it,they can sit down and talk about it,is not much of a big deal.I have once repeatedly told my gf she's pillin up some pounds,didn't know i went abit over the line until she expressed how my constant remarks made her feel,i apologized and we both started hittin the gym together.So it can be resolve defo.

he told her he was comfortable with her body, but when his friends saw her, he got more particular with her "you should lose weight, my friends saw you blah blah"

[size=13pt]WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE LEAVE YOUR OWN CONTRIBUTIONS AND HOP OFF MINE.[/size]
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by tolutara: 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2010
"ust last weekend, he complained that some of his friends saw  my picture and said I was fat and look older than him. He said he felt bad and that he does not want this to happen again. That I shld make sure I exercise everyday and loose the weight before November. "

That above statement from poster, shows her fiance has no respect for her. I cannot imagine anyone of my Hubby friends would dare make that statement or any other negative statement to my hubby about me without leaving with a smashed mouth )family included. cos he believes if i am trash, i am his trash alone and nobody else to be judged by them.

No only that his friends disrespected  his Wife-to-be, he had the audacity to come back and repeat it to her telling never to let that happen again, again those are traits of abusive behaviors.

I hope poster sees why I am concerned.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by honeric01(m): 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2010
THE AMAKA:

she came here asking for advice, and i gave it to her.
why are you now telling me to "let her decided what she wants" 
am i now holding a gun to her head?  undecided
and besides, she said she felt comfortable in her body and she is pretty much losing the weight for him, not for herself.

I ain't saying you shouldn't comment or advise her, what i was about is the way you sounded in your post (very personal and bitter).

@post.

Why are you on diet if you truly do not want to lose weight? why should you lose weight if you don't want to?

If he tells you not to eat for 50 days if you want him to marry you, are you going to do that?

If you like the way you look, then tell him to leave you alone if he does not want you the way you are.

(Maybe he is looking at the future, dunno how big you are, but don't you think your weight might be a problem when you start having kids?)
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by follypimpi(m): 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2010
honeric01:

I ain't saying you shouldn't comment or advise her, what i was about is the way you sounded in your post (very personal and bitter).

The more reason i asked if sum1 has called her fat b4 cos she sounds like she's talkin from personal life experience.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by follypimpi(m): 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2010
tolutara:

"ust last weekend, he complained that some of his friends saw  my picture and said I was fat and look older than him. He said he felt bad and that he does not want this to happen again. That I shld make sure I exercise everyday and loose the weight before November. "

That above statement from poster, shows her fiance has no respect for her. I cannot imagine anyone of my Hubby friends would dare make that statement or any other negative statement to my hubby about me without leaving with a smashed mouth )family included. cos he believes if i am trash, i am his trash alone and anybody else to be judged by them.

No only that his friends disrespected  his Wife-to-be, he had the audacity to come back and repeat it to her telling never to let that happen again, again those are traits of abusive behaviors.

I hope poster sees why I am concerned.

Maybe the dude's having cold feet.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by honeric01(m): 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2010
follypimpi:

The more reason i asked if sum1 has called her fat b4 cos she sounds like she's talkin from personal life experience.

Thank you.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by DeepSoul(f): 9:50pm On Aug 18, 2010
Any small thing, some people are so quick to shout "call off the wedding" *smh*. If you fall into this category, wake up!

Poster,
In as much as you can sometimes get valuable advise from NL, pls filter what you read.

You already told us you'd prayed about it when he proposed and I'm assuming God gave you the go-ahead to say Yes.
Are you now beginning to doubt that your prayer was indeed answered?
If you really did pray and got the green light, you can also go a step further by praying about this.

Tell God how you feel. Remind Him He gave you the go-ahead. Tell him to soften your husband-to-be's heart and teach him to be more accepting.
There's nothing too small or "silly" for God to do, really.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by follypimpi(m): 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2010
Deep Soul:

Any small thing, some people are so quick to shout "call off the wedding" *smh*. If you fall into this category, wake up!

Poster,
In as much as you can sometimes get valuable advise from NL, pls filter what you read.

You already told us you'd prayed about it when he proposed and I'm assuming God gave you the go-ahead to say Yes.
Are you now beginning to doubt that your prayer was indeed answered?
If you really did pray and got the green light, you can also go a step further by praying about this.

Tell God how you feel. Remind Him He gave you the go-ahead. Tell him to soften your husband-to-be's heart and teach him to be more accepting.
There's nothing too small or "silly" for God to do, really.

U deserve a pack of chocomillo , kiss
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by double08(m): 9:56pm On Aug 18, 2010
too long,passing by
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by THEAMAKA(f): 10:01pm On Aug 18, 2010
wont people hop off my advice and give their own? you dont have to agree with me.
and i sound bitter? oh well, thats your opinion.
[size=13pt]NEXT!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by no1madman(m): 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2010
Believe it or not,Amaka is  right. .He doesn't have passion 4 fat chicks.
He won't make u happy. .He's not d right guy for u.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by honeric01(m): 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2010
no1madman:

He doesn't have passion 4 fat chicks.
He won't make u happy. .He's not d right guy for u.

And how did you know all these? how did you know he's not the right guy for her or that he won't make her happy? you must be God oo. sad

THE AMAKA:

wont people hop off my advice and give their own? you dont have to agree with me.
and i sound bitter? oh well, thats your opinion.
[size=13pt]NEXT!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Babygirl, this is a marriage issue, it's not that easy telling someone he or she's in a wrong relationship, they didn't get hook 2 days ago, she knew all these before, why complain now that it's close to the wedding time?

If she was comfortable with her weight, she herself wouldn't have gone ahead to go on diet. going on diet alone sounds like she's got issues with her weight truly (guessing that she also feels so).
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by THEAMAKA(f): 10:17pm On Aug 18, 2010
you can read her post again, I'm not gonna repeat myself.

just last weekend, he complained that some of his friends saw my picture and said I was fat and look older than him. He said he felt bad and that he does not want this to happen again. That I shld make sure I exercise everyday and loose the weight before November.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by tolutara: 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2010
folly, if he is he needs to say so, and free the girl with her self esteem intact . Not everyone is meant to skinny, and some men love them Big.
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by honeric01(m): 10:25pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^^^

I read it already and i still maintain my stands:

Why did she even agree to start losing weight if truly her weight was no problem to herself in the first place? this is her body so why should she go on diet if she was okay with it?
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by james1(m): 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2010
@THE AMAKA.you are right on target.that IDIOT that will let other peeps view shape his mindset about his wife-to-be has greatly disrespected her.he hasn't seen her since,he is just waking up from his deep slumber?that is the problem with some men;they always have this"there is nothing there anymore mindset"after getting over the euphoria"am I the one that has this lady?"
Even after she lovingly over looked the fact that he was not what she wanted physically proceeded to act like this.some men are so poorly oriented.
@poster.sit that fool down and talk some sense into his head;he either cures himself of this sudden madness or you dump his ass.you can't afford to put up with this kinda personality;marriage is for life,not 2 or 5 years.I suggest you table this matter before your own family and trusted close friends.be careful,I smell a rat with this guy.he is so full of sh*t!
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by coalcoal1(m): 10:27pm On Aug 18, 2010
Fantababy,
All I want to say is this:
There is nothing as bad a man introducing his wife to his friends as if he were saying "meet my mistake"

think about that
Re: My Fiance Says Am Fat. by Iranoladun(f): 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2010
Poster you're dealing with an insecure guy.

I suggest you pospone the wedding while you use the period to get to know each other; your courtship has been short & not intense enough for a life long decision!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

If A Man Dates You For a year or more And latter Dumps You,check Yourself. / How To Turn A Girl On Without Touching Her. / Some Insane Things Most Girls In Lagos Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.