Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

How To Choose A Niche For Your Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Choose A Niche For Your Blog (712 Views)

What Is A Blogging Niche And Why You Need A Niche To Blog!! / I'm Creating A Niche Site From $0 To $500 A Month. Who Wants To Follow Along? / Would Help You Design A Professional Site And Suggest A Niche For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Choose A Niche For Your Blog by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2019
In part one of this series we discussed about the right mind-set to have before starting a blog business. We would be talking about niches and how to find a profitable niche that’s tailored to our strength and passion.

During the early days of blogging it was easier to blog on any niche and make money from it. This is because most of the contents then where original and authentic, ranking your site on search engine was much easier then because of the little to no keyword competition. Most of the bloggers in those days wrote about things they were passionate about and they have huge knowledge in. There was nothing like “Evergreen” niches as you only teach what you know. They brought about the term “chose a niche you are passionate about”. In today’s blogosphere that same ideology is still applicable and it is the ONLY way you would be able to utilize the full monetization potential of your blog as an individual blogger.
There are two major categories of a blog niche;

•Magazine-Type Blog Niche
•Authority/Expert-Type Blog Niche

MAGAZINE-TYPE:
The niches in this category feature blogs that are styled in the magazine brand way, styling in this context is not talking about the design/css styles of the blog. Styling in this context refers to the content delivery manner; it refers to the type of content delivered. Like magazines, blogs in this category are updated based on trends and recent happenings. An example of a niche in this category is the “Entertainment” niche; another example is the “News-Type” blogs.

Owners of these types of blogs need to post frequently so they could meet up to latest happenings and trends. This is not a build and relax category, you have to keep investing your time and resources to make a blog in this niche work. Fortunately, this category has the most traffic. Unfortunately, there are not so many monetization options for niches in this category. Their major source of making money is via selling ads space on their site.

It is not advisable for individual bloggers to build blogs around this category. This is due to how exhausting and draining it would be for just one person to source for latest trends, write about it and post it. Trends and news pops out every second, how would one person cope with this and still be unique at the same time? This would lead to copy and paste model of blogging. It is advisable for organisations/individuals with enough resources and workers to build a blog around this category, not for individuals with limited resources.

AUTHORITY/EXPERT-TYPE:
This category refers to blogs that teaches guides and share opinions on recent happenings. Niches in this category most times don’t get much traffic compared to niches in the Magazine-type. This is because the niches in this category are tailored to a particular event, problem and subject matter. Most times authors of blogs in this category are experts in their chosen niches, hence, the name EXPERT-TYPE. This doesn’t mean amateurs are not in this category, they are. It is easier to grow from an amateur to an expert in this category (this is only applicable to the “OPINION” blogs).
An example of an expert blog in this category is a blog that TEACHES how to make money online, a blog that helps cure a medical condition through their posts, videos and podcast, a blog that teaches you how to start a blog, a blog that review products, a blog that provide travelling guides. Clearly you would see that most of the blogs in this category are solving a problem. This is their primary assignment, to identify a problem and solve it. This category has more monetization options than the magazine type.

Depends on what niche you’re blogging about in this category, you could monetize your blog through ads placement, affiliate marketing, CPA marketing, selling your own products, selling a service, brand sponsorship, sell ads space, organise seminars/webinars, selling membership. There are various ways to earn from your blog in this category. Sometimes, you don’t need 10,000 visitors monthly to make $500 from blogs in this category. You just need 100 visitors that would pay $50 each every month to earn $500 monthly. Of course this depends on your niche and expertise.

SO WHAT ARE THE BEST NICHES AND HOW TO CHOOSE ONE?
The best niches are those niches that you already have knowledge in. choosing a niche to blog about is the hardest part of creating a blog business. At some point you’d start asking yourself questions like what am I even passionate about? What can I even share/teach others? What problems can I provide solutions for?
I was in this phase for a very long time; it is not bad to be in this phase. My problem was that I didn’t break this process into smaller parts. I thought that some skills are plain stupid and wouldn’t do anything positive in the blogosphere.

You have to break the whole process of choosing a niche into smaller parts. The first step is to identify what you enjoy doing. Forget about solving problems at this point, just think about you. What do you enjoying doing? Write them out, it doesn’t matter how crazy the list is, write them out. Your list could include anything, mine included “arguments”, I love proving a point. Identifying what you love doing would help give your blog a medium of delivery.

The next step is to think of the things you know, write them down. Now think of the people that would learn from the things you know. The things you know could include things you learned or experiences you earned. Have a deep thought concerning this; this is where your niche is. If you are good at herbs, teach it, write about it, build a course round it, and create a product for it. The most important thing is to channel your experience and expertise to a problem and provide the needed solution. Are you a cook? Write about it, recommend products about it, and create a course. Do you love proving a point? Write a blog and share your opinion on that subject you enjoy talking about. It could be sport, politics, fashion, education et al.
Don’t look for a problem and think of what you can do to solve it. Think of what you can do first, and then look for a problem that needs your expertise.

This is the true way to choose a niche that you would not lose interest in on the long run.
Also note that your interest should have a market already that just needs your value. What this means is that it’s best to choose a niche that already has an audience than choosing one first, then go looking for the audience later. Your niche could be location specific or a non-location specific niche, just make sure there are people already waiting for your value.

Source: https://hustlersclass.com/online-business/how-to-choose-blog-niche/
Re: How To Choose A Niche For Your Blog by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2019
cc Lalasticlala thank you
Re: How To Choose A Niche For Your Blog by Generalkorex(m): 6:57pm On Jan 31, 2019
nice article fighal
Re: How To Choose A Niche For Your Blog by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 31, 2019
Generalkorex:
nice article fighal
Thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

Ball Mayhem unlimited diamonds hack tool download iOS Android / Don't Buy Blog With Adsense Again, I Will Get You Adsense Approval In 3days / Domain Up For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.