Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC (9798 Views)

Akwa Ibom PDP Lawmaker, Mkpat Enin Defects To APC, Backs Ekere / APC Lawmaker Defects To PDP In Rivers State, Says APC Is Dead / Photos From Ekiti PDP Governorship Campaign Rally 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by Fraudophobia: 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2019
JANUARY 31, 2019

Mr Olarewaju Olayanju, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) representing Emure Constituency in Ekiti State House of Assembly, has defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He described PDP in Ekiti as a party which had reached its “dead end”, saying he could not continue to be in a party which was divided against itself.

Olayanju announced his defection at a news conference at the Assembly on Thursday. “I have reflected deeply on the current situation and I have informed my constituents that my interest and their interests can no longer be achieved in the PDP. “PDP in Ekiti is now in disarray.

No leader to rally the members together; the leaders have destroyed the party through naked use of powers. “The party is factionalised in Ekiti with leadership calling on the people to vote for opposing political parties; the party has reached the dead end.

“As a man of integrity, I can not stay and work against the party, therefore, I am willingly defecting to APC,”Olayanju said. He said before now APC had not won in Emure in Emure Local Government area in long time, but as from now, he assured APC of landmark victory in the forthcoming elections. The Speaker, Ekiti State House of Assembly, Mr Adeniran Alagbada, congratulated the new defector for defecting to the “Next Level of Progress”.

He said that although there were just four APC members in the Assembly, but he was optimistic that in the coming weeks more PDP members would defect to APC. The speaker called on Ekiti people to vote en-masse for the re-election of President Muhammadu Buhari on Feb. 16 and other APC candidates.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/ekiti-pdp-lawmaker-defects-to-apc/?fbclid=IwAR2BH6AXZybnC-E7o5yTAz4SbG6dUScr6ueqo5u5eW87j4yAdtu-w3Or-zc

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by chuchucalgary: 5:02am On Feb 01, 2019
When the center can on longer hold, things begin to fall apart

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by Lifestone(m): 5:03am On Feb 01, 2019
The PDP in Ekiti is divided against itself which is why they lost the last election. I expect more defections in the coming weeks

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by ayodaisi: 5:04am On Feb 01, 2019
Buhari plus one vote

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by simplyhonest(m): 5:05am On Feb 01, 2019
politics of money and selfish interest
Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by sotall(m): 5:06am On Feb 01, 2019
Political prostitute

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by Mkmoney(m): 5:06am On Feb 01, 2019
okay
Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by seunmsg(m): 5:12am On Feb 01, 2019
The honorable member captured the situation of Ekiti PDP succinctly. The party is as good as dead. Fayose started the destruction of the party while Olujimi’s impatience to become the party leader and push out Fayose finally buried the party. Atiku May not get up to 100k votes in the state.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by CityNGR: 5:16am On Feb 01, 2019
wrong Olujimi might have saved PDP in the State but the obstinacy of Fayose and stupidity of Eleka is the albatross of pdp in Ekiti, the directive of Fayose to PDP supporters to vote against Olujimi at the polls is one that proves that Fayose is in cahoots with the APC govt to the detriment of PDP

seunmsg:
The honorable member captured the situation of Ekiti PDP succinctly. The party is as good as dead. Fayose started the destruction of the party while Olujimi’s impatience to become the party leader and push out Fayose finally buried the party. Atiku May not get up to 100k votes in the state.
Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by shugabasbn: 5:19am On Feb 01, 2019
Before nko, who wan stay with a dry pot, No be Naija we dey? Cross carpeting is the second name to our politician.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by anonymuz(m): 5:19am On Feb 01, 2019
seunmsg:
presidential election is different. If you interview 1 out 10 in Ekiti who they prefer to be president, 7 will tell you is Atiku. Majority of Nigerians are tired of Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by babyfaceafrica: 5:24am On Feb 01, 2019
anonymuz:
presidential election is different. If you interview 1 out 10 in Ekiti who they prefer to be president, 7 will tell you is Atiku. Majority of Nigerians are tired of Buhari.
yes,majority are Tired Online, but Offline is dfferent

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by Sweetcollins: 5:25am On Feb 01, 2019
Mtcheew, no be only one PVC im get
Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by unitysheart(m): 5:28am On Feb 01, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
yes,majority are Tired Online, but Offline is dfferent

LOL.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by Peacemaker5128: 5:30am On Feb 01, 2019
4+4=2023 cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by RichDad1(m): 5:47am On Feb 01, 2019
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by dadark: 5:50am On Feb 01, 2019
Lifestone:
The PDP in Ekiti is divided against itself which is why they lost the last election. I expect more defections in the coming weeks

which weeks....??

soon it will be days....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by seunmsg(m): 7:11am On Feb 01, 2019
anonymuz:

Wrong. Ekiti will vote massively for Buhari. Atiku stand no chance in the state. We shall all be here to analyze the results of the election after February 16.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by seunmsg(m): 7:23am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:
wrong Olujimi might have saved PDP in the State but the obstinacy of Fayose and stupidity of Eleka is the albatross of pdp in Ekiti, the directive of Fayose to PDP supporters to vote against Olujimi at the polls is one that proves that Fayose is in cahoots with the APC govt to the detriment of PDP

Fayose is still more popular and influential than her. He singlehandedly imposed all the assembly and house of reps candidates. She should have waited till after the election before attempting to hijack the party structure from him. APC is stronger than ever before in the state and an already depleted PDP is now factionalized. She will lose her senate seat while most of Fayose’s candidstes will lose as well. It’s a lose - lose for both of them.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by youseuph(m): 7:29am On Feb 01, 2019
anonymuz:

Are you from Ekiti or based in there? Well I doubt your assertion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by tsmat(m): 7:38am On Feb 01, 2019
anonymuz:

are you sure about this?

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by Cajal(m): 7:46am On Feb 01, 2019
anonymuz:
...not in ekiti brother...
May be u meant EBONYI
PDP WILL BE ROUNDLY DEFEATED IN THE ENTIRE SOUTH WEST..
POLITICS IN NIGERIA IS STILL ABOUT Strong political structure.. for mobilization
PDP HAS NO STRUCTURE IN ANY OF THE SOUTH WESTERN STATE...
Lagos was closer until MR MOSSHOOD SALVADOR..PDP CHAIRMAN IN LAGOS JOINED JAGABAN
BESIDE PDP HAS NO SINGLE ACHIEVEMENT IN THE SOUTH WEST FOR 16YRERS
Argue not till feb17

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by anonymuz(m): 8:09am On Feb 01, 2019
Cajal:
...not in ekiti brother...
May be u meant EBONYI
PDP WILL BE ROUNDLY DEFEATED IN THE ENTIRE SOUTH WEST..
POLITICS IN NIGERIA IS STILL ABOUT Strong political structure.. for mobilization
PDP HAS NO STRUCTURE IN ANY OF THE SOUTH WESTERN STATE...
Lagos was closer until MR MOSSHOOD SALVADOR..PDP CHAIRMAN IN LAGOS JOINED JAGABAN
BESIDE PDP HAS NO SINGLE ACHIEVEMENT IN THE SOUTH WEST FOR 16YRERS
Argue not till feb17
I rest my case till February 17.

Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by anonymuz(m): 8:10am On Feb 01, 2019
youseuph:

Are you from Ekiti or based in there? Well I doubt your assertion.
yes I'm from there and my assertion,maybe.
Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by paq1: 8:33am On Feb 01, 2019
seunmsg:

Wrong. Ekiti will vote massively for Buhari. Atiku stand no chance in the state. We shall all be here to analyze the results of the election after February 16.
Apc will be shocked in the NW/SW.
Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by rusher14: 8:42am On Feb 01, 2019
anonymuz:
yes I'm from there and my assertion,maybe.

Will you shut up you bloody liar.

Are you not from Delta state?
Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by rusher14: 8:43am On Feb 01, 2019
tsmat:

are you sure about this?

Don't mind the liar.

He's from Delta state.
Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by HimName: 8:44am On Feb 01, 2019
My Blothers (IPOB) from the Yeast Infested region have "taken care" of Fayose to oblivion.

He's been relegated even beyond a political neophyte.

They wail on your behalf, you are doomed.

The fight for you, you are a goner.

Atiku is the next in line to go down. It's only another pointer that Muhammadu is returning to Aso Rock.

The moment dem change channel begin support Buhari, na Daura sure pass for the lanky man.
Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by Indispensable85(m): 10:00am On Feb 01, 2019
Ekiti is another state,Buhari will win overwhelmingly.
Pdp is dead and buried in Ekiti.
It's gonna be 16/16 for Apc.
Re: Ekiti PDP Lawmaker Defects To APC by vegafbs: 10:52am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:

THUNDER FIRE YOU! FOR IRRESPONSIBLE WAY OF ADDRESSING LEADERS

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kagara School Abduction: FG, Niger Government In Talks With Kidnappers / CG Liman Lauds Federal Fire Service Athletes / PDP Suspends Ebonyi State Chapter Chairman, Okoroafor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.