Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Marriage Pressure - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Pressure (2693 Views)

Bachelors, How Do You Manage Marriage Pressure? / Pressure From Family Members, Unbearable. Tired!!! / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Pressure by shege45: 1:32pm On Feb 02, 2019
destiny4luv:
I am having some pressure from family to settle down. I will be 34 soon. But sincerely speaking the only thing that is standing as a barrier now is finance. This I have explained to my family, but they keep insisting I must settle down this year no matter what.

I am the only son in the family and the last born. I have three elder sisters, and the pressure of late is just unbearable.I work with a construction company a contract job off and on and for about five months now I have been jobless still searching for a better job, but my family don't just want to see reasons with me. I have a serious girlfriend whom I intend settling with, but I can't do that without a steady source of income and my family just can't see things from my perspective.

Please is it advisable to solicit for funds to settle down while I keep searching for a better job or wait till I get a better job? A friend advice me that I should settle down and expect the best and made a scriptural reference that "he who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtain favour from the Lord" meaning when I settle down different doors will just start opening that his elder brother did same thing and things are working out fine for him now. Please dear Nairalanders is this step advisable.
guy if u run to that ur friend to boro u money for school fees, that same friend go change am for u. Calm down. If its me i go just dey laff as them dey talk. Make dem arrest me na bcus i no wan marry

1 Like

Re: Marriage Pressure by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 02, 2019
destiny4luv:

Bro I appreciate, God bless.

So first, you borrow money to get married.

Then next, you go back to them and borrow money to feed your family

Then you borrow money to pay for your wife's antenatal and other hospital bills pertaining to childbirth.

Then you borrow money from them for the naming ceremony

Then you borrow money to buy pampers and child food.

Then you run to them again for money to pay your kids school fees.

I'm sure you don't like that scenario.

Put your foot down and tell them to be patient.

No point pushing you into a lifetime of suffering.

Create a life for yourself first before you bring in a woman and children into it.

Don't hope that when you get married things will get better. It might for some, doesn't mean it will for you if you go the same route.

Rise above pennilessness before seeking the hands of a woman in marriage.

When you ask her parents to release her to you, you are in fact telling them that you can take care of her.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage Pressure by Rosarie(f): 6:07pm On Feb 02, 2019
G
Re: Marriage Pressure by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 02, 2019
destiny4luv:

I appreciate your advice, but let me correct some wrong impressions. I am a graduate, I have 3 different skills and is those skills I am using to earn a living today. I have not worked with my certificate not once. Is just that I have not gotten that dream/stable job yet, which I believe God I will soon. Na Nigeria we dey, make we nor dey devieve our selves.
U started well but ended very unruly.
U would have stated this in your opening post.
We wouldn't have been having this discussion in the first place.
Goodluck
Re: Marriage Pressure by destiny4luv(m): 10:34pm On Feb 02, 2019
sassysure:

U started well but ended very unruly.
U would have stated this in your opening post.
We wouldn't have been having this discussion in the first place.
Goodluck

Well sorry if I was unruly, all the same thanks for your advice.
Re: Marriage Pressure by Katier00(f): 5:29am On Feb 03, 2019
destiny4luv:

Exactly my point. Thank God they are people who sees things from my point of view. God bless u ma'am.
take your time and everything will be fine
Re: Marriage Pressure by Irenemmeso(f): 7:42am On Feb 03, 2019
shege45:
guy if u run to that ur friend to boro u money for school fees, that same friend go change am for u. Calm down. If its me i go just dey laff as them dey talk. Make dem arrest me na bcus i no wan marry
if it was you, you wouldn't be laughing. Its not easy as it sounds
Re: Marriage Pressure by shege45: 8:23am On Feb 03, 2019
Irenemmeso:
if it was you, you wouldn't be laughing. Its not easy as it sounds
lol do you know my own situation currently? And I’m still smiling
Re: Marriage Pressure by destiny4luv(m): 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2019
Katier00:
take your time and everything will be fine

Thanks.
Re: Marriage Pressure by Irenemmeso(f): 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2019
shege45:
lol do you know my own situation currently? And I’m still smiling
OK

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must A Woman Have Her Hair Cut Because Of Her Husband's Death? / When You Have a Child Who Steals / What Will Run Through Your Mind if you must Cut This Cake - see pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.