Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans (4425 Views)

South South And South East Farmers Group Join Now / Lagos Lauds Farmers For Contribution To Food Security / North East Farmers To Remit N1.5bn Loan Repayment Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 31, 2019
Published 4 hours ago on January 31, 2019
By Chuwang Dungs

The Director of Development Finance of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr Mudashiru Olaitan, has commended farmers in the north-east for paying the loan granted to them by the bank under its Anchor Borrowers Programme (ABP).

Olaitan who gave the commendation yesterday in Gombe during the flagged off of repayment of loan and handover of farm produce to Commodity Depot and Exchange Centre (COMDEC) by the North East Commodity Association (NECAS) said it was the first time an association that benefitted under the anchor borrowers programme gathered people to flag off repayment of loan granted by the CBN.

The farmers through NECAS, an umbrella body of farmers in six north-eastern states, were at the beginning of raining season provided with fertilizer, herbicides and seedlings by the CBN through the Bank of Agriculture, with the agreement to pay back with their farm produce after harvest.

Represented by Mr Edwin Nzelu, the director said. “I commended the NECAS because it was unprecedented for an association to gathered people to flag-off collection of repayment, not only just repayment, but paying back into the quantity of 40 per cent of what they have taken,” he said.

Mr Olaitan added that in appreciation of their honesty in repaying the loan granted to them, the development finance department will continue to support NECAS by tripling the facilities that was made available to the farmers in 2018.
The director added that the CBN will work with NECAS in the recovery of the remaining balance of 50 per cent and increase the number of benefitting farmers in order to eliminate poverty in the country.

Also peaking at the ceremony, the National Chairman of NECAS, Alhaji Sadiq Umar Daware, said Gombe state alone were able to recover over 30, 000 bags from farmers in the last two weeks.

“Since we began the recovery of the farm produce in Gombe two weeks ago, we are getting at least 600 bags of maize sorghum, soya beans and cotton from our farmers daily. We are expecting to pay the CBN 40 per cent of the loan granted to us and we can even exceed the 40per cent that we have promised to pay for the first farming cycle,” he said.

The state chairman of NECAS, Alhaji Ahmed Mohammed Dukku, said on a daily basis the association is receiving about 600 to 700 bags from farmers across the 11 local government areas of the state.

“In Gombe over 8, 000 farmers have benefitted from the programme and they have cultivated and produced these products you are seeing. Farmers have appreciated the efforts of the Federal Government that is why we are willingly bringing back the loan and repayments through this produce you are seeing,” he said

https://leadership.ng/2019/01/31/cbn-commends-north-east-farmers-for-paying-loans/?fbclid=IwAR2B-GfQDaUgp3TmlIxKd1mb74e0eR0rrp7MFecWNZxJ2rB-0lm-0Ykzjbk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 31, 2019
Another Atiku lie busted.

Yesterday he said Anchor Borrowers programme was fake.

CBN just called him a liar.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by Kyase(m): 10:18pm On Jan 31, 2019
That's fantastic.....
Good one NE...

5 Likes

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by ayodaisi: 5:06am On Feb 01, 2019
Because their hardworking

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by juvewalex(m): 5:15am On Feb 01, 2019
This is quite commendable, they shall be given more loans when needed and others should emulate them ...

9 Likes

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by HermesParis: 5:15am On Feb 01, 2019
Hausa people are the MOST HONEST tribe in Nigeria...

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:18am On Feb 01, 2019
We are moving forward to the NEXT LEVEL, a land flowing with milk and honey.

God bless our President MUHAMMADU BUHARI.
God bless Nigeria.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:18am On Feb 01, 2019
HermesParis:
You are 100% CORRECT sir!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by RichDad1(m): 5:50am On Feb 01, 2019
HermesParis:
Absolutely correct.
The average Hausa man will not cheat you. Even if you’re not Hausa , as long as you can speak their language, you’re surely getting a discount on any business you’re transacting with them.
I hope the southerns are learning. Everything not be by noise and hatred.

24 Likes

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by Ijaya123: 5:51am On Feb 01, 2019
HermesParis:

While Igbo people are the MOST DISHON__T tribe in Nigeria...

If you know, you know.

16 Likes

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:55am On Feb 01, 2019
Ijaya123:

If you know, you know.
SAY NO TO TRIBALISM!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by Ijaya123: 6:02am On Feb 01, 2019
post=75309615:

SAY NO TO TRIBALISM!

Only speaking from experience.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:04am On Feb 01, 2019
Ijaya123:

Only speaking from experience.
With one or two people right?
That shouldn't make you compartmentalize castigate a WHOLE tribe for the sins of few Mr Ijaya!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by lonelydora: 6:13am On Feb 01, 2019
All these tactics is for them to collect another loan, abi?

What is good for the goose is also good for the gander
Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by Ijaya123: 6:27am On Feb 01, 2019
post=75309726:

With one or two people right?
That shouldn't make you compartmentalize castigate a WHOLE tribe for the sins of few Mr Ijaya!

One or two you say? The one that says the Hausa people are the most honest, how many has he or she met?

1 Like

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by Nobody: 6:32am On Feb 01, 2019
Debts suck, they give me sleepless nights, so paying is the best
Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by STARKACE(m): 6:33am On Feb 01, 2019
lonelydora:

you guys are just losers and miserable bleeps who see notin good in any activities of this government.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by chikago1: 6:57am On Feb 01, 2019
HermesParis:
No, There are honest men and women in every tribe in Nigeria. They are just hard to find.
Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:01am On Feb 01, 2019
Ijaya123:

One or two you say? The one that says the Hausa people are the most honest, how many has he or she met?
Okay.
Nuff said.
Your choice man.
Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by Seetto: 7:03am On Feb 01, 2019
HermesParis:
I concurs with you...no wonder our brother from the east will not stop trooping into kano....now they name in place in kano no mans land..

2 Likes

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by lonelydora: 7:08am On Feb 01, 2019
STARKACE:
you guys are just losers and miserable bleeps who see notin good in any activities of this government.

Can any good come out of Buhari/APC?
Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by pelumi67(m): 7:15am On Feb 01, 2019
Ijaya123:

If you know, you know.

Yoruba is the most, how many of Yoruba can safe for his or her apprentice to start on his own n ibo people to me are so loyal to d extent dey will select one person gather money give ham n send him to China to go buy materials for the rest, how many Yoruba n Hausa fit do dat one?
Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by Nobody: 7:33am On Feb 01, 2019
600-700 bags daily? how possible is this? from an investment aspect i am quite interested in this...
Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by RichDad1(m): 7:43am On Feb 01, 2019
Hmm
Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by RichDad1(m): 7:47am On Feb 01, 2019
lonelydora:

Who is stopping you and your kins men from accessing the loan?
This are honest people that borrow and pay back and not your typical Mr Innosson that will borrow and instead of paying back will rather drag his creditors to court.
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by STARKACE(m): 8:02am On Feb 01, 2019
lonelydora:

Can any good come out of Buhari/APC?
at least it's safe to say you didn't come out from them. You would have been the worst product of it all

1 Like

Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by HimName: 9:00am On Feb 01, 2019
Ijaya123:

If you know, you know.

Igbos are honest people. If you come across a dishonest one, please know he is an IPOB member.

Both the unrepentant IPOB members and those that repented for the reason of being an Hausa Fulani Muslim slaves are all the same.

IPOB is a Satanic cult where all forms of immorality is a must know and a must do.
Re: CBN Commends North-east Farmers For Paying Loans by Indispensable85(m): 9:55am On Feb 01, 2019
HermesParis:

I agree with you.
I've had a personal experience with one of them in nyanyan ,Abuja.
I bought bread from him and forgot my Samsung Android phone at his store.
The guy came looking 4 me at the park.He was screaming Oga ,Oga, Oga,
Someone had to draw my attention and by the time I looked back,I saw him waving my Samsung phone at me.
I was dazed!A typical southerner will just keep it for himself.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Semi-automatic Garri Processing Factory, Owo, Ondo State. / Local Rice And Paddy Rice Available In Large Quantities / Onions Business: A Secret Money Spinning Venture You Must Get Involved In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.