Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? (6652 Views)

Is It Permissible To Eat Pouched Rat (okeete) / Permissible Hairstyle For Men In Islam / Hijab, Muslim Rights In South Africa Respected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:17am On Feb 02, 2019
Akiika:
Y'all need to stop presenting Islam as a religion of restrictions. Ruling! ruling!! ruling!!!...by WHO? What is wrong in creating awareness and thereby clarifying myths about hijab? This stone age mentality isn't helping the deen.
Abeg, make we hear word. Encourage folks to get grip of the very basic Islamic practice first. Fear of Allah, Pray, fast, good manners, compassion etc. I think most of you should re-evaluate your intention?

Islam is a religion of rulings! Tawheed! Rulings! Salat! Rulings! Zakat Rulings! Hajj! Rulings!

By who? By Allaah through His Messenger! What we were given in our Books is sufficient to us! We need not add more to it!

Akiika:
As a slight diversion: There are many commonly held misunderstandings about religion.

The first misunderstanding is the belief that religious traditions and practices are uniform. The truth is that religions are internally diverse. For example, there are strong debates regarding the roles of women and of sexuality in all religious traditions, including deep divisions within local religious communities. In this way, it is always problematic to make claims that begin with, Jews believe, or Hindus believe, because of the vast diversity of beliefs within all religious traditions.

Despite this i can still say Muslims believe there is no god worthy of worship except Allaah and that Muhammad is His Messenger!
Muslims pray 5 times daily, Fast throughout the month of Ramadan if able, and pay Zakat and Perform Hajj if able to!

This are what makes one a Muslim!

Akiika:
The second misunderstanding is the belief that religions are static and separate from the movements of history. This is very relevant to the Hijab day you are "ruling" on.
In fact, religions exist in time and space, and are constantly interpreted and reinterpreted by believers.
For example, the practice of slavery has been both justified and vilified by all three monotheistic traditions in differing social and historical contexts.

Islam accommodates technological improvement if it does not negate any other strong Islamic principle! Of what use is setting aside a day wherein Muslims & non-muslims join together to put on Hijab? Does this translate to non-persecution of Muslims in the other 364 days?
Hijab is for Muslims and it is a command from Allaah not an instrument of campaign. Are women even permitted to display themselves like this?
In a society that permits freedom of religion, i think there are better ways of making our voices heard!

Akiika:
The third misunderstanding is the belief that religions function in isolation from their political, cultural, and economic contexts. The reality is that religions are collections of ideas, practices, values, and stories that are embedded in cultures. Religion and culture are inseparable. Just as religion cannot be understood in isolation from its cultural context, it is impossible to fully understand a culture without considering its religious dimensions. Religion is inextricably woven into all dimensions of human experience, and a better understanding of it is crucial for meeting the variety of opportunities and challenges we face today and into the future.

How is Hijab day related to this?

Akiika:

This is exactly what you want! you want to elicit unnecessary argument, it's totally unnecessary bro.

Sorry, if that is what you think! But i think only Allaah knows what people keep in their mind and what they reveal. Are you saying you are a mind reader now?
Re: World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:24am On Feb 02, 2019
Hamid7:

A research doesn't have to be scientific for it to be tagged open minded.
Back to the main discussion on this thread. One can set aside a date to raise awareness on certain issues of importance. This however does not signify a veneration of that hence can't be classified as haram

Let me give you a list of days we need!

a. Tawheed day.

b. Salat day.

c. Beard day.

d. Nifsu-sak day. (Short Trouser)

e. Aqeedah Day.

Don't tell me any of these is not important. And we are being criticised for beard and short trousers too. Even some of us can't be given chance to pray Salat at work. Let us create one day each for these campaign too.

Falsehood has no name save falsehood! We strongly need to go back to the pristine Islam!

1 Like

Re: World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? by Hamid7(m): 1:49pm On Feb 02, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Let me give you a list of days we need!

a. Tawheed day.

b. Salat day.

c. Beard day.

d. Nifsu-sak day. (Short Trouser)

e. Aqeedah Day.

Don't tell me any of these is not important. And we are being criticised for beard and short trousers too. Even some of us can't be given chance to pray Salat at work. Let us create one day each for these campaign too.

Falsehood has no name save falsehood! We strongly need to go back to the pristine Islam!
We are being criticized hence some have taken up the challenge to educate the ignorant once from amongst the people of the book yet folks from within Islam try to beat then into silence by declearing their actions haram. To make my arguments clearer, If prior to Ramadan I invite people to lecture for the purpose of reminding them on the rules of the Ramadan fast, will you term my action bid'a?. A day like the one being discussed serves only to education the billions of ignorant non-Muslims that it is the Muslim woman's right to wear her hijab and to do away with the tag that a woman in hijab is a terrorist or the often heard assumption that she was forced to wear it. However while we are at this, we should realise that the aim is not to celebrate by going to the Masjid to offer special kind of prayers like the people of the book do on their days or by declearing such days public holidsys as this would clearly be bid'a. We can demand for our rights by sensitizing, not by celebrating. The non-Muslims are demanding their rights but we are stoping our muslims brothers from demanded our collective rights. I believe I have made this clear enough, I may not respond to subsequent statements.
Re: World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:08pm On Feb 02, 2019
Hamid7:

We are being criticized hence some have taken up the challenge to educate the ignorant once from amongst the people of the book yet folks from within Islam try to beat then into silence by declearing their actions haram. To make my arguments clearer, If prior to Ramadan I invite people to lecture for the purpose of reminding them on the rules of the Ramadan fast, will you term my action bid'a?. A day like the one being discussed serves only to education the billions of ignorant non-Muslims that it is the Muslim woman's right to wear her hijab and to do away with the tag that a woman in hijab is a terrorist or the often heard assumption that she was forced to wear it. However while we are at this, we should realise that the aim is not to celebrate by going to the Masjid to offer special kind of prayers like the people of the book do on their days or by declearing such days public holidsys as this would clearly be bid'a. We can demand for our rights by sensitizing, not by celebrating. The non-Muslims are demanding their rights but we are stoping our muslims brothers from demanded our collective rights. I believe I have made this clear enough, I may not respond to subsequent statements.

We would always be criticized until we all return to the ways of the pious predecessors! Research on that!
Re: World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? by Hamid7(m): 8:22pm On Feb 02, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

We would always be criticized until we all return to the ways of the pious predecessors! Research on that!
Islam started as a minority and will return to being a minority according to hadith of the prophet(SAW).
Simply returning to the ways of our pious predecessors will not stop uninformed non-Muslims from criticizing us. However, we should not be quiet, one who is oppressed ( denying us our rights is oppression) should speak out.
We just quote books written by scholars to ourselves and thereafter fail to inform people outside Islam on what islam truely is. That is like signing our own "warrant of oppression"
Re: World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:27am On Feb 04, 2019
Hamid7:

Islam started as a minority and will return to being a minority according to hadith of the prophet(SAW).
Simply returning to the ways of our pious predecessors will not stop uninformed non-Muslims from criticizing us. However, we should not be quiet, one who is oppressed ( denying us our rights is oppression) should speak out.
We just quote books written by scholars to ourselves and thereafter fail to inform people outside Islam on what islam truely is. That is like signing our own "warrant of oppression"

You see our problem is using paracetamol to cure diahorea or using urine to wash faeces! It all won't work.
The hadith you quoted is even against your judgement!

This hadeeth was narrated by Muslim (145) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

Isn't Islam strange now?

Mind you informing people outside Islam is for knowledgeable people from among us. And of course Hijab day is not from our Da'wah methodology as it may involve wanton display and forcing men to see ladies!
Re: World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? by Hamid7(m): 8:43am On Feb 04, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

You see our problem is using paracetamol to cure diahorea or using urine to wash faeces! It all won't work.
The hadith you quoted is even against your judgement!

This hadeeth was narrated by Muslim (145) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

Isn't Islam strange now?

Mind you informing people outside Islam is for knowledgeable people from among us. And of course Hijab day is not from our Da'wah methodology as it may involve wanton display and forcing men to see ladies!
But the hadith didn't command the strangers to enjoy their oppression. How does world hijab day compele men to see ladies? If the methodology is bad why not advocate a change of methodology instead of condemning the hijab day in totality.
Re: World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? by Hamid7(m): 10:25am On Feb 04, 2019
Lets establish your position on the following
(1) Da'wa is sunnatic. I bet you agree with this
(2) To name a day for the purpose educating without attaching acts of haram to it is not bid'a. Concur?
(3) To mark such days with special kinds of prayers like the christians do on their days is bid,a. I assume you agree.
Your response of agreement or disagreement to the questions above will determine my final words.
Re: World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:27pm On Feb 04, 2019
Hamid7:

But the hadith didn't command the strangers to enjoy their oppression. How does world hijab day compele men to see ladies? If the methodology is bad why not advocate a change of methodology instead of condemning the hijab day in totality.

I think the question to ask is

1. Did the Prophet complete Islam for us? If yes! Then we don't need Hijab day!

No new way of worshiping will ever exist! We Muslims still need sensitization among ourselves first.

How many Muslim sisters even know what Hijab is? I mean the characteristics of Hijab!
Re: World Hijab Day; Permissible Or Not? ????? by Hamid7(m): 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

I think the question to ask is

1. Did the Prophet complete Islam for us? If yes! Then we don't need Hijab day!

No new way of worshiping will ever exist! We Muslims still need sensitization among ourselves first.

How many Muslim sisters even know what Hijab is? I mean the characteristics of Hijab!

If you agree the prophet completed Islam, why introduce prohibitions that was unkown to the prophet.
There were many issues the companions were silent about since the prophet didn't issue statements on them but are now considered haram by modern scholars and many Muslims think these scholars are infalible.
In future, many more things would be declared haram by the scholars.
You didn't answer any of the questions in my previous post. In argument, statements are supposed to address questions raised by the opposition, but yours didn't. That's a sign of one who isn't ready to listen to argument or accept truth. Goodbye!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Reduce Farting / Where Is Mohammed's Tomb . . . / How To Place The Hands During Tashahhud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.