Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,838 members, 7,806,359 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? (39023 Views)

Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed / Breaking: FG Asks CJN Onnoghen To Vacate Office Over Asset Declaration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by CityNGR: 5:49am On Feb 01, 2019
Suspended Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Justice Walter Onnoghen’s response to the query by Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) has been revealed. Onnoghen in his response said

‘My Asset Declaration for Nos. SCN000014 and SCN.0000 5 were declared on the same day, 14th December, 2016 because I forgot to make a declaration of May, 2005 declaration of my assets after the expiration of my 2005 declaration in 2009.

Onnoghen also said that he cannot remember the total amount he had in his reserve at the time but it spread from his practice days as a private legal practitioner from 1979-1989.

Some of the deposits were result of forex trading. AGRICODE and other investment returns were from proceeds of his investments .

Read full statement below DATE: 1st January, 2019 I WALTER S. N. ONNOGHEN of THE SUPREME COURT OF NIGERIA hereby voluntarily depose to the statement averred herein knowing that whatever I write or state may be tendered against me as evidence in court.

I also volunteer to state that the statement was not taken in evidence from me under duress but after the administering officer has explained and made known the details of the allegations against me.

Rank/Position: CHIEF JUSTICE OF NIGERIA Date of Birth: 22nd DECEMBER, 1950 Residential Address: CTN DRIVE ASO VILLA, ABUJA

Date of 1st Appointment into Service: 1st OCTOBER, 1989 Date of Substantive Appointment: 7th March, 2017 Category of Appointment: TENURED Duration of Tenure (if Applicable): FOUR YEARS Date of Declaration of Assets: 14TH DECEMBER, 2016

Details of Companies/Enterprises: NONE Bank account Details: STD. CHARTERED 0001062667 AND OTHERS AS PER MY ASSET DECLARATION FORM

No of Children: FOUR State any other full Time Employment (if any): NIL Name (s) of Spouse/Date of Birth: MRS NKOYO W. N. ONNOGHEN 11TH JULY, 1957 Name of Children/Date of Birth: ORIMINIWEFA N. ONNOGHEN EWUWUNI N. ONNOGHEN EFA N. ONNOGHEN TITE N. ONNOGHEN

Response to the Allegation(s): My Asset Declaration for Nos. SCN000014 and SCN.0000 5 were declared on the same day, 14th December, 2016 because I forgot to make a declaration of May, 2005 declaration of my assets after the expiration of my 2005 declaration in 2009.

Following my appointment as Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria in November, 2016 the need to declare my asset anew made to realize the mistake and then did the declarations to cover the period in default.

I did not include my Standard Chartered Bank Account in SCN. 000014 because I believed they were not opened during the period covered by the declaration. I did not make a fresh declaration of assets after my substantive appointment as CJN because I was under the impression that my SCN. 000015 was to cover the period of four years which include my leave as CJN.

The deposits made in my US Dollar account No. 87000106250 with STD. Chartered Bank of $10,000 at different intervals of 28/6/11 were sourced partly from my reserve and saving from my estacodes including medical expenses.

The same applies to my deposit of 27/7/11 of the sum of $10,000 twice. It is important to state that prior to my opening the US dollar account I had foreign currency which I kept at home due to the fact that there existed a government policy that proscribed the operation of foreign currency account by Public officers including judicial Officers.

It was when I got to know that the policy had changed that I had to open the said account. Upon opening the account, I was made to understand that I cannot pay in more than $10,000 at a time and per payment slip.

I cannot remember the total amount I had in reserve at the time but it spread from my practice days as a private legal practitioner from 1979-1989. Some of the deposits are a result of forex trading. AGRICODE and other investment returns were from proceeds of my investments into them. The withdrawals in the account are partly to pay children fees and upkeep abroad and further investments.

My British Pound and Euro accounts with Chartered Standard Bank are savings accounts. WALTER SAMUEL NKANU ONNOGHEN

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/01/onnoghens-response-to-code-of-conduct-bureau-query-revealed/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by CityNGR: 5:49am On Feb 01, 2019
Man is innocent HE SHOULD BE LEFT ALONE!!

No case against CJN, Walter Onnoghen. Section 3 of CCB act gives room for forgetting some asset during declaration. The law is not against him since he admitted that he forgot it and has brought it for update. Buhari knew that Onnoghen didn't violate the law that was why he didn't take the matter to NJC. Tyrants always target the judiciary. Once captured, the citizens will become mere sacrificial lambs

Following my appointment as Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria in November, 2016 the need to declare my asset anew made to realize the mistake and then did the declarations to cover the period in default.

107 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by abc115: 5:58am On Feb 01, 2019
Guilty as Charged

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by CityNGR: 5:58am On Feb 01, 2019
abc115:
Guilty as Charged
GUILTY FOR?

I bet you, up to 90% of those accusing CJN online and on TV sets have not read the details of this response, neither have they read section 3 of the CCB Act.
The only thing they borrowed from FG is that the man said he forgot to declare his asset, when? They don’t know. They believe he never declared it, and that he operates foreign account, while the man has only domicilary account, not a foreign bank account.
They even believe that the man has 100 million dollars in his account...
I tell you these people have been so brainwashed and programmed to shout corruption, whenever you are not aligned with Buhari; on the other hand they ask for proof, if Buhari’s allies are accused; when you bring the proof, they tell you it is doctored

242 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by helinues: 6:00am On Feb 01, 2019
No be only innocent, na Idibia

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Josegun(m): 6:01am On Feb 01, 2019
Very innocent oo, the man forget.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by CityNGR: 6:03am On Feb 01, 2019
THAT IS NOT HIS ACCOUNT BALANCE!!

helinues:
No be only innocent, na Idibia

The relevant section of CCB act states that if a public servant forgets to include any of his assets at the time of filling his form, he could be reminded later. When he admits, the right thing to do is to update the record. However, if he denied ownership, the fellow is then charged to CCT.
More importantly, is it the 2* $10,000 that have turned to millions of dollars? Where is N900 million in that statement?
People who can kill human beings because of cows can do anything to anybody

162 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by helinues: 6:05am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:
THAT IS NOT HIS ACCOUNT BALANCE!!

Undeclared money as at that Time.. It is more than that now.

Wait what are you justifying? Something he did purposefully/intentionally.

Let him go to court and give same excuses at the same time, give us details how he got/acquired untouchable billions of naira for years .

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by Firefire(m): 6:11am On Feb 01, 2019
Smoke screen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by QuotaSystem: 6:11am On Feb 01, 2019
No case against CJN, Walter Onnoghen. Section 3 of CCB act gives room for forgetting some asset during declaration. The law is not against him since he admitted that he forgot it and has brought it for update. Buhari knew that Onnoghen didn't violate the law that was why he didn't take the matter to NJC. Tyrants always target the judiciary. Once captured, the citizens will become mere sacrificial lambs [/b]CityNGR

[b]The real tyrant is the one who indefinitely suspended NJC sittings at the time the NJC was supposed to look into his case (abusing the constitutional process right from the start).

Using his position to rob the innocent of justice by selling judgements to the highest bidder, and then using the same position to try to stop investigation into his activities all for his selfish, wicked and greedy interests.

That is the true definition of a TYRANT.

83 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by CityNGR: 6:16am On Feb 01, 2019
You are too backward and ignorant to understand that under the CCB act, you are only reminded to update your records of assets if you forget them. It is only when you deny ownership that you are referred to CCT for trial. Shameful!

QuotaSystem:
The real tyrant is the one who indefinitely suspended NJC sittings at the time the NJC was supposed to look into his case (abusing the constitutional process right from the start).

Using his position to rob the innocent of justice by selling judgements to the highest bidder, and then using the same position to try to stop investigation into his activities all for his selfish, wicked and greedy interests.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by CityNGR: 6:22am On Feb 01, 2019
CONCOCTED ALLEGATIONS AND WISHFUL THINKING OF A DRUGGED MIND

QuotaSystem:

The real tyrant is the one who indefinitely suspended NJC sittings at the time the NJC was supposed to look into his case (abusing the constitutional process right from the start).

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by QuotaSystem: 6:23am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:

I expected that if you had the mental capacity to start a thread that seeks opinions, you'd be responsible and mature enough to express yourself in a sane and civil manners, not looking for who you'll drag down to the gutter with that gutter language. Let's try this again.

Why did Onnoghen try to frustrate the case by indefinitely postponing NJC sittings when they were supposed to look into the allegations against him? Is that the constitutional process?

39 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by CityNGR: 6:25am On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

I expected that if you had the mental capacity to start a thread that seeks opinions, you'd be responsible and mature enough to express yourself in a sane and civil manners, not looking for who you'll drag down to the gutter with that gutter language. Let's try this again.

Why did Onnoghen try to frustrate the case by indefinitely postponing NJC sittings when they were supposed to look into the allegations against him? Is that the constitutional process?

Can you please read this to clear your doubts:
Section 3 of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act, Chapter C15, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 provides as follows;

The functions of the Bureau shall be to – receive assets declarations by public officers in accordance with the provisions of this Act; examine the assets declarations and ensure that they comply with the requirements of this Act and of any laws for the time being in force; take and retain custody of such asset declarations; and Receive complaints about non-compliance with or breach of this Act and where the Bureau considers it necessary to do so, refer such complaints to the Code of Conduct Tribunal established by Section 20 of this Act in accordance with the provisions of sections 20 to 25 of this Act;

Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or non-compliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.

12 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by QuotaSystem: 6:34am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:

Can you please read this to clear your doubts:
Section 3 of the Code of Conduct Bureau and Tribunal Act, Chapter C15, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 provides as follows;

The functions of the Bureau shall be to – receive assets declarations by public officers in accordance with the provisions of this Act; examine the assets declarations and ensure that they comply with the requirements of this Act and of any laws for the time being in force; take and retain custody of such asset declarations; and Receive complaints about non-compliance with or breach of this Act and where the Bureau considers it necessary to do so, refer such complaints to the Code of Conduct Tribunal established by Section 20 of this Act in accordance with the provisions of sections 20 to 25 of this Act;

Provided that where the person concerned makes a written admission of such breach or non-compliance, no reference to the Tribunal shall be necessary.

I know what the CCB act says (stop sounding like a scratched CD).

You have still not answered the question. Aren't you a defender of the constitution anymore?

If he was truly innocent, he would have allowed the case run its course and establish his innocence, instead of trying to his position to frustrate it.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/25/exclusive-how-onnoghen-postponed-njc-meeting-indefinitely-fear-being-suspended

Your thread seeking his innocence lacks substance without answering the above question.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by CityNGR: 6:37am On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

I know what the CCB act says (stop sounding like a scratched CD).

You have still not answered the question. Aren't you a defender of the constitution anymore?

http://saharareporters.com/2019/01/25/exclusive-how-onnoghen-postponed-njc-meeting-indefinitely-fear-being-suspended

Your thread seeking his innocence lacks substance without answering the above question.

GOOD YOU AGREE HE HAS COMMITED NO CRIME.... EXCEPT BEING A NON NORTHERNER AND A NON MUSLIMAT .....

17 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by QuotaSystem: 6:43am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:

GOOD YOU AGREE HE HAS COMMITED NO CRIME.... EXCEPT BEING A NON NORTHERNER AND A NON MUSLIMAT .....

From trying to pretend he's innocent to trying to play victim. Lol.

It's alright. Present your protest to the court, the date Onnoghens trial resumes is Feb. 4th.

Meanwhile you've not answered the question.

[size=14pt]Why did Onnoghen try to frustrate the case by indefinitely postponing NJC sittings when they were supposed to look into the allegations against him?

Is that the constitutional process?[/size]

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by CityNGR: 6:44am On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

It's alright. Present your protest to the court, the date Onnoghens trial resumes is Feb. 7th.

Why did Onnoghen try to frustrate the case by indefinitely postponing NJC sittings when they were supposed to look into the allegations against him?

Is that the constitutional process?

IT IS A NO CASE SUBMISSION

8 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by QuotaSystem: 6:49am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:
IT IS A NO CASE SUBMISSION

I'm glad you can now see that Onnoghen is FAR from innocent and is indeed a TYRANT for trying to frustrate his case by indefinitely postponing NJC sittings when they were supposed to look into the allegations against him, thereby ABUSING the constitutionally required process.

Your thread is dead on arrival.

Save your energy for Suspect Onnoghens trial.

Bye.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by CityNGR: 6:50am On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

I'm glad you can now see that Onnoghen is FAR from innocent and is indeed a TYRANT for trying to frustrate his case by indefinitely postponing NJC sittings when they were supposed to look into the allegations against him, thereby ABUSING the constitutionally required process.

Your thread is dead on arrival. Save your energy for the Suspect Onnoghens trial.

Bye.
HE IS ABSOLUTELY INNOCENT

11 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by neyobills: 6:56am On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

It's alright. Present your protest to the court, the date Onnoghens trial resumes is Feb. 7th.

[size=14pt]Why did Onnoghen try to frustrate the case by indefinitely postponing NJC sittings when they were supposed to look into the allegations against him?

Is that the constitutional process?[/size]

Stop sounding like a broken record the AGF just petitioned the NJC few days ago after he was suspended so as at the time of postponing the NJC meeting there was nothing on the table of the NJC regarding Onoghen and the reason given as at then was because of the armed forces remembrance day which happened to fall on the same day of the meeting.

Last time I checked there is no crime in postponing the NJC meeting indefinitely, so what is your problem

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by QuotaSystem: 7:24am On Feb 01, 2019
neyobills:

Stop sounding like a broken record the AGF just petitioned the NJC few days ago after he was suspended so as at the time of postponing the NJC meeting there was nothing on the table of the NJC regarding Onoghen and the reason given as at then was because of the armed forces remembrance day which happened to fall on the same day of the meeting.

Last time I checked there is no crime in postponing the NJC meeting indefinitely, so what is your problem

That is a bare faced LIE. The CCT had already slammed fraudulent asset declaration charges against the CJN at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) few days earlier to January 15th.

This is Onnoghens problem.

https://www.legit.ng/1217973-report-reveals-onnoghen-allegedly-postponed-njc-meeting-indefinitely-fear-suspension.html

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by neyobills: 7:34am On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

That is a bare faced LIE. The CCT had already slammed fraudulent asset declaration charges against the CJN at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) few days earlier to January 15th.

This is Onnoghens problem.

https://www.legit.ng/1217973-report-reveals-onnoghen-allegedly-postponed-njc-meeting-indefinitely-fear-suspension.html

Don't be clever by half because the issue in the first place is the fact that the CCT doesnt have the jurisdiction to petition CJN neither does it have the powers to suspend the CJN,until the CCT sends its petition to the NJC which they just did after the suspension then the NJC has nothing on the table concerning Onnoghen,I hope I have made myself clear enough for ignorant folks like u.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by QuotaSystem: 7:45am On Feb 01, 2019
neyobills:

Don't be clever by half because the issue in the first place is the fact that the CCT doesnt have the jurisdiction to petition CJN neither does it have the powers to suspend the CJN,until the CCT sends its petition to the NJC which they just did after the suspension then the NJC has nothing on the table concerning Onnoghen,I hope I have made myself clear enough for ignorant folks like u.

A smarter one than you already tried but couldn't bring me down to your gutter language level. Try harder.

The CCT constitutionally has the sole right to treat all matters relating to asset declarations and any fraud associated with them. It slammed charges of fraud against Onnoghen days before they were to sit next which needed to be investigated, which is why the suspect used his position to try to frustrate it by postponing sittings indefinitely.

The case starts in three days. Argue with the judge.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by greenmonk: 7:45am On Feb 01, 2019
CityNGR:

GUILTY FOR?

I bet you, up to 90% of those accusing CJN online and on TV sets have not read the details of this response, neither have they read section 3 of the CCB Act.
The only thing they borrowed from FG is that the man said he forgot to declare his asset, when? They don’t know. They believe he never declared it, and that he operates foreign account, while the man has only domicilary account, not a foreign bank account.
They even believe that the man has 100 million dollars in his account...
I tell you these people have been so brainwashed and programmed to shout corruption, whenever you are not aligned with Buhari; on the other hand they ask for proof, if Buhari’s allies are accused; when you bring the proof, they tell you it is doctored
Don't mind them. 10000 dollars is the corruption they are talking about for aworod class legal luminary. How much did gundollar collect per contractor?
Have the checked Amechi and Oshimole's bank accounts?
What was their professional before they become governors to acquire the assets they have today?
Shameless louts and senseless youths who are clapping for those raping their mothers and sisters while humiliating their senior brothers in the same process.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by neyobills: 8:32am On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

A smarter one than you already tried but couldn't bring me down to your gutter language level. Try harder.

The CCT constitutionally has the sole right to treat all matters relating to asset declarations and any fraud associated with them. It slammed charges of fraud against Onnoghen days before they were to sit next which needed to be investigated, which is why the suspect used his position to try to frustrate it by postponing sittings indefinitely.

Are u just trying to be mischievous or u are really this slow,it is written in black in white in the constitution that judicial officers can only be sanctioned, suspended, removed or whatever by the NJC and not any court of law or tribunal,and there is also no fraud whatsoever its only an omission and it has been rightly updated and there is no penalty for omission in the first place,as at when the meeting was postponed there was no petition relating to Onnoghen before the NJC,what part of this is hard for u to understand?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:50am On Feb 01, 2019
QuotaSystem:

The appeal court is not the highest court in Nigeria you know? Am sure the case is already at the supreme court as we speak

13 Likes

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:52am On Feb 01, 2019
neyobills:

Are u just trying to be mischievous or u are really this slow,it is written in black in white in the constitution that judicial officers can only be sanctioned, suspended, removed or whatever by the NJC and not any court of law or tribunal,and there is also no fraud whatsoever its only an omission and it has been rightly updated and there is no penalty for omission in the first place,as at when the meeting was postponed there was no petition relating to Onnoghen before the NJC,what part of this is hard for u to understand?

don't mind him.The claim of Onnogen unilaterally postponing the NJC meeting has also been bursted as only 5 members of the 24 members of the NJC are required to summon any emergency meeting

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen’s Response To Code Of Conduct Bureau Query Revealed: INNOCENT? by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:53am On Feb 01, 2019
Lalasticlala!!! come and take this thread to FP

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Amaechi Told Me About APC Leaders Emergency Meeting With Buhari-Dele Momodu / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign In Kaduna / The 2015 Presidential Election Result Breakdown By States: Another Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.