Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm (192969 Views)

My Pepper Planting Challenge / Fresh Pepper Farm / My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (61) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 13, 2019
Degis:
Okoroemeka and Ogbongenet, Jidestroud,

Please my first ugu trial is giving me this disease. I have used mancozeb and I just applied Redforce, which is a copper oxide. Please what else can I do to cure this disease

Hmmmm!

Let me explain what you are having on your ugu. It is called leaf spot disease. Pathogen is caused by "Phoma Sorghina". This fungi is terrible and it can render maize, Sorghum, millet and green useless if not addressed. But grains have resistance a bit to it. Kinda delay or stop the spread somehow.

It can infect human being too. I know that streptomycin sulphate can address it, but do we want that on our leaves? That is antibiotics. Therefore, preventive measure is what you need.

1. The pathogen is in your soil. Using high oganic manure will make them less potent. You must bombard your land with manure or compost.

2. The pathogen invades weakened or stressed plants. Here is a recommendation for you. This is guy correct.
okoroemeka:
apply npk 201010+urea on that,it will outgrow that ,we have seen something similar,just fertilizer it with everything u have organic +inorganic,you will see a big difference and they love urea.

3. If no improvements, I would remove all leaves, and spray with micronutrients after adding NPK + Urea.

4. If you can dig holes near the root, add more compost.

5. If every effort proves abortive, use this guy's recommendation:
ogbongenet:
The best bet is to remove the affected plant and replace it with another.

In Addition
1. Never compromise using large compost when doing greens. Not one handful per plant. that is no right. Bombard the land with compost, and microbes.

2. Always add basal fartilizers too before sowing. THIS way, Plants BUILD IMMUME faster.

3. Apply micro nutrients to the roots too or young leaves. Micronutrients are very essential. Plants hardly get diseases. These are not traces nutrients from most organic foliar spray. To me, those ones are scams. Wil rather not use them. And different from minerals derived from rocks. These are elements just like NPK, Cal, Mg, and S. Manure has little, but I always supplement with real micronutrients. And I know the exact % of nutrient in my formular. Using the right formukar is essential. Micro Nutrients are very essential for good health, esp at young age. They just help plants to fight diseases.

Intercropping
Many farms I have managed benefited from Intercropping maize with ugu. Maize just stop it as long as maize is strong and not malnourished too.

Stop using Mancozeb, Copper, etc on greens. They are hardly effective in combating diseases on leaves. At least the leaves infected are gone already. Just remove them all. Pack them away from your farm and burn. Else, you are increasing the fungi population in your soil.

Best of luck bro!

4 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Kataw(m): 12:14pm On Jun 13, 2019
ogbongenet:
Even if you sell @ 5k per bag, you still gonna make profit.assuming you are getting 7 bags and sale at 5k × 7bags=35k twice a week, how much is level 10 officer earning in Oyo state . I love Farming because I don't have to wake by 4am preparing for work like my neighbor and still earn below 50k in a month.

How many acres/plots will give this your estimate?
And what cost incentive expected to be incurred?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Degis(m): 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2019
Pistotita:

Hmmmm!

Let me explain what you are having on your ugu. It is called leaf spot disease. Pathogen is caused by "Phoma Sorghina". This fungi is Tribble that it can render maize, Sorghum, millet and green useless if not addressed. But grains have resistance a bit to it. Kinda delay or stop the spread somehow.

It can infect human being too. I know that streptomycin sulphate can address it, but do we want that on our leaves? That is antibiotics. Therefore, preventive measure is what you need.

1. The pathogen is in your soil. Using high oganic manure will make them less potent. You must bombard your land with manure or compost.

2. The pathogen invades weakened or stressed plants. Here is a recommendation for you. This is guy correct.

3. If no improvements, I would remove all leaves, and spray with micronutrients after adding NPK + Urea.

4. If you can dig holes near the root, add more compost.

5. If every effort proves abortive, use this guy's recommendation:

In Addition
1. Never compromise using large compost when doing greens. Not one handful per plant. that is no right. Bombard the land with compost, and microbes.

2. Always add basal fartilizers too before sowing. THIS way, Plants BUILD IMMUME faster.

3. Apply micro nutrients to the roots too or young leaves. Micronutrients are very essential. Plants hardly get diseases. These are not traces nutrients from most organic foliar spray. To me, those ones are scams. Wil rather not use them. And different from minerals derived from rocks. These are elements just like NPK, Cal, Mg, and S. Manure has little, but I always supplement with real micronutrients. And I know the exact % of nutrient in my formular. Using the right formukar is essential. Micro Nutrients are very essential for good health, esp at young age. They just help plants to fight diseases.

Intercropping
Many farms I have managed benefited from Intercropping maize with ugu. Maize just stop it as long as maize is strong and not malnourished too.

Stop using Mancozeb, Copper, etc on greens. They are hardly effective in combating diseases on leaves. At least the leaves infected are gone already. Just remove them all. Pack them away from your farm and burn. Else, you are increasing the fungi population in your soil.

Best of luck bro!

Thank so much sir.

[b] Steps I have taken before now [\b]

I noticed this infestation 2 weeks ago and I applied Mancozeb, however before now, I applied generous amounts of chicken manure to the ugu beds before planting.

Last week, I applied Redforce to substitute the Mancozeb in the event that there is resistance developing. However, it got worse.

Yesterday, I added Agrolyzer, which is a micronutrient, King Humus Plus and NPK 20:10:10 mixed together to the roots to assist the ugu in fighting off the disease.

I have decided that I will wait for a week and then follow your recommendations if everything fails.

Please will solarisation of the beds be a good option in fighting this disease or are there other ways that can help in the fight. Thanks
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2019
Degis:

Thank so much sir.

[b] Steps I have taken before now [\b]

I noticed this infestation 2 weeks ago and I applied Mancozeb, however before now, I applied generous amounts of chicken manure to the ugu beds before planting.

Last week, I applied Redforce to substitute the Mancozeb in the event that there is resistance developing. However, it got worse.

Yesterday, I added Agrolyzer, which is a micronutrient, King Humus Plus and NPK 20:10:10 mixed together to the roots to assist the ugu in fighting off the disease.

I have decided that I will wait for a week and then follow your recommendations if everything fails.

Please will solarisation of the beds be a good option in fighting this disease or are there other ways that can help in the fight. Thanks

Redforce and Mancozeb cannot address it. In fact, it is not healthy to use them.

Many organic fertilizers claim micronutrients inside. Let me show you something. Poultry manure has around less than 2% NPK in it. lol. You need huge amount, yet conc organic people who say it like it has all the nutrients in thus world. So, if NPK is less than 2%, how many % of each of the micronutrients will be in it? It us why I call them traces elements. Look at another product called supergro, it has less than 0.2% NPK. hahaha. And if you see how the so called marketers promote it like it is a super made in heaven fertilizer. Seriously, if the macro and micro elements in it is ok for plants, I think it will be toxic for animals and poultry. Yet poultry use it. The
brand you call micronutrients is used for animals too. So, I don't think you can say you are applying micronutrients at all. They are traces elements. That King humus too is a glorified brand. I don't use those things. They don't work. Though, it is possible to do 100% organic very well. Constant bombarding of the land with manure. There are other methods of apply nutrients apart from manure, but not those products.

Solarization works, and can be done during dry season. You just have to use transparent nylon, and not black. Only transparent nylon works. But the depth sun works on what is sterilized. As soon as the roots move below that part, the plants will be infected. It works more for shallow roots, and short term crops. It is why Americans do not use the system again, especially for tomatoes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by lahify(m): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2019
Pistotita:

Redforce and Mancozeb cannot address it. In fact, it is not healthy to use them.

Many organic fertilizers claim micronutrients inside. Let me show you something. Poultry manure has around less than 2% NPK in it. lol. You need huge amount, yet conc organic people who say it like it has all the nutrients in thus world. So, if NPK is less than 2%, how many % of each of the micronutrients will be in it? It us why I call them traces elements. Look at another product called supergro, it has less than 0.2% NPK. hahaha. And if you see how the so called marketers promote it like it is a super made in heaven fertilizer. Seriously, if the macro and micro elements in it is ok for plants, I think it will be toxic for animals and poultry. Yet poultry use it. The
brand you call micronutrients is used for animals too. So, I don't think you can say you are applying micronutrients at all. They are traces elements. That King humus too is a glorified brand. I don't use those things. They don't work. Though, it is possible to do 100% organic very well. Constant bombarding of the land with manure. There are other methods of apply nutrients apart from manure, but not those products.

Solarization works, and can be done during dry season. You just have to use transparent nylon, and not black. Only transparent nylon works. But the depth sun works on what is sterilized. As soon as the roots move below that part, the plants will be infected. It works more for shallow roots, and short term crops. It is why Americans do not use the system again, especially for tomatoes.
@pistotita is it ok to mix manure with bone meal to provide phosphorus for good root development for seeds and seedlings?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Degis(m): 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2019
Pistotita:

You wrote something earlier that I have seen to be true.

My neighbor whose farm ugu was planted and mixed with Maize did not have the same problem. I just remembered now and our plots are beside each other separated only by a fence.

He only uses manure and nothing more but harvest like crazy.

If after this one week grace period, it doesn’t work, I will destroy all the ugu, bombard the beds again with manure and inter crop with maize
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2019
Degis:

You wrote something earlier that I have seen to be true.

My neighbor whose farm ugu was planted and mixed with Maize did not have the same problem. I just remembered now and our plots are beside each other separated only by a fence.

He only uses manure and nothing more but harvest like crazy.

If after this one week grace period, it doesn’t work, I will destroy all the ugu, bombard the beds again with manure and inter crop with maize

My brother, it's from experience. That disease has shown guys real pepper. lol. But the day I go that trick, bye bye to that disease.

If you are doing organic, just take the pain to make permanent beds once with planks or supports. You don not make it again. See, if you have to limit it just to one plot, do it. You will harvest and get tired. Another trick is stake it. So, you use less land. I don't know the price of Ugu now, but I think you work towards getting pods for seeds. And by Nov - April next year, even it is one plot, just do it well sir..Ugu responds more to organic fertilizers than inorganic. You may just supplement with only urea and periodically NPK. But if I was doing it, it is going to be 100% organic.

Have you noticed that organically grown leaves have more long life shelf than inorganic? Hmm! That's to tell you that organic immune system, nutrients, and the quality of products are also superior.

Get 2 or three rabbits. Spray their urine. Ha! You WILL see miracle. You plants will be free of diseases and nice. But don't spray like some days to harvest, and try to wash your leaves before sales. lol.

It is well. Ugu is a nice business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2019
lahify:
@pistotita is it ok to mix manure with bone meal to provide phosphorus for good root development for seeds and seedlings?

Bone meal and Phosphate rock are sources of phosphorus. The question is how decomposed is your meal?

If I was using bone meal now, I would make sure it is for long term crop. It may not be available immediately as it needs to decompose first. Yeah! it immediate function will be organic matters addition to the soil, but it may take 1 year or even more before decomposition and availability of the nutrient. It is why you need to do permanent beds.

Seriously, there is huge money in small farms. I just laugh when people are killing themselves over weeding 1 acre. lol. When you can have 1 plot, and make it extremely profitable.

For immediate phophorus, compost is not a compromise. Sesame stem is another source of phophorus. Cucumber burnt skin contains phosphorus too.

And if you decide to add NPK, it's ok. Phosphorus does not evaporate. It stays in your soil. Feel free to add enough that your plants need. In fact, commercial farms add it once during soil preparation with calcium. And never to apply again. Fertigation should only be with Nitrogen, and Potassium. And maybe Magnesium and Sulphur. It is waste of money using Calcium Nitrate, MOP, and all those products fertilizers makers sell. You don't need them.

You sit down and learn basal nutrients and soil preparation, and see how productive your farm will be

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Degis(m): 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2019
Pistotita:

My brother, it's from experience. That disease has shown guys real pepper. lol. But the day I go that trick, bye bye to that disease.

If you are doing organic, just take the pain to make permanent beds once with planks or supports. You don not make it again. See, if you have to limit it just to one plot, do it. You will harvest and get tired. Another trick is stake it. So, you use less land. I don't know the price of Ugu now, but I think you work towards getting pods for seeds. And by Nov - April next year, even it is one plot, just do it well sir..Ugu responds more to organic fertilizers than inorganic. You may just supplement with only urea and periodically NPK. But if I was doing it, it is going to be 100% organic.

Have you noticed that organically grown leaves have more long life shelf than inorganic? Hmm! That's to tell you that organic immune system, nutrients, and the quality of products are also superior.

Get 2 or three rabbits. Spray their urine. Ha! You WILL see miracle. You plants will be free of diseases and nice. But don't spray like some days to harvest, and try to wash your leaves before sales. lol.

It is well. Ugu is a nice business.

My brother, you seem to live in my head. It is all the plan I have for next year bc I am growing now to harvest the pods for Nov- April planting season.

I plan to used raised beds with drip, manure, vermicompost, rabbit urine and mulch and also get a carpenter to build a cast that will encapsulated the beds.

Obviously, I may have to plant corn in the middle to forestall this occurrence

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2019
Degis:

My brother, you seem to live in my head. It is all the plan I have for next year bc I am growing now to harvest the pods for Nov- April planting season.

I plan to used raised beds with drip, manure, vermicompost, rabbit urine and mulch and also get a carpenter to build a cast that will encapsulated the beds.

Obviously, I may have to plant corn in the middle to forestall this occurrence

Yeah. It is the way to go. Nice work sir. Vermicompost is the best compost I have ever used. But I am limited with the worm we have here. Many ideas to implement.

Look into nethouse too. It is the most rewarding venture I have ever done. I can not go into open field again. Never! Except on commercial level. You will be amazed that it's worth it.

I introduced two guys into it, last year, and they phoned me like 3 months ago....and we're shouting....nethouse is blo.od money. hahahahahha. They followed my direction step by step. And one of them has an Uncle in Eko Hotel, that was how he started supplying organic products. Please look into it. You will never regret it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Degis(m): 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2019
Pistotita:

Yeah. It is the way to go. Nice work sir. Vermicompost is the best compost I have ever used. But I am limited with the worm we have here. Many ideas to implement.

Look into nethouse too. It is the most rewarding venture I have ever done. I can not go into open field again. Never! Except on commercial level. You will be amazed that it's worth it.

I introduced two guys into it, last year, and they phoned me like 3 months ago....and we're shouting....nethouse is blo.od money. hahahahahha. They followed my direction step by step. And one of them has an Uncle in Eko Hotel, that was how he started supplying organic products. Please look into it. You will never regret it.

Truly, this net house thing is very correct. However, my friend did it and he is packing it up because Bacteria Wilt attack that visited him.

His customers are still on his neck to supply till date
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 13, 2019
Degis:

Truly, this net house thing is very correct. However, my friend did it and he is packing it up because Bacteria Wilt attack that visited him.

His customers are still on his neck to supply till date

lol

But there are solutions to bacteria wilt these days. It is a tough pathogen, but it should not stop one. The guy ran away. hahahhahah!

Do you know that a fortified tomato seedling in the US which fights tough diseases is around N1,095 to N3,500? Just 1. And 1 seed is around N167.00 to N350.00. How many small farmers can afford it here. Yet, small farmers can afford it there. These kind of seedlings are what I do now. Very technical, but rewarding. Even if I ask farmers to pay N500 per seedling, how many people can do it? Will they even believe that one seed cost me over N300? Not to talk of the procedure it has to undergo before becoming strong to resist tough diseases. Such plant can stay even up to a year in a land bacteria wilt has infected badly. And nothing will happen to it.

2 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Tascom236(m): 11:00am On Jun 15, 2019
Dear Pepper farmers, please when do pepper price sell highest in southwest/southeast in relations to influx from the North ?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by cosymyman: 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2019
Hmmm
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by austinomd(m): 2:46pm On Jun 16, 2019
Good Day all and well-done to the OP, its such a nice thread you have here.

Please I want to make a passionate appeal to all the learned farmers in the house, I've learnt allot from many of the post here on nairaland, but I need a farm where I can gain practical knowledge of vegetable farming here in Lagos, going out of Lagos is not easy for me now since I live and work in Lagos.

Please kindly link me with any Lagos based farm that you know.

God bless you as you help a brother.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Tascom236(m): 8:28pm On Jun 16, 2019
Tascom236:
Dear Pepper farmers, please when do pepper price sell highest in southwest/southeast in relations to influx from the North ?

So nobody to answer or attend to dis for the past some days now
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by jidestroud(m): 9:23pm On Jun 16, 2019
Tascom236:

So nobody to answer or attend to dis for the past some days now

Lol...kind of funny reading your post grin
Well, I thought of something, why not create a thread to keep us updated of market prices of farm commodities/produce from different regions of the country.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2019
Tascom236:
the best time to have pepper is from April to September,the price is highest around june-july,but ironically that period is also when disease is most prevalent because of rain,
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Tascom236(m): 3:33am On Jun 19, 2019
jidestroud:

Lol...kind of funny reading your post grin
Well, I thought of something, why not create a thread to keep us updated of market prices of farm commodities/produce from different regions of the country.

I will kindly join anytime you r done creating the group boss.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Tascom236(m): 3:34am On Jun 19, 2019
okoroemeka:
the best time to have pepper is from April to September,the price is highest around june-july,but ironically that period is also when disease is most prevalent because of rain,

Thanks boss
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by luvlyADESUWA(f): 11:47am On Jun 19, 2019
This is the best thread i have come across since i sign up on Nairaland...
All i can say right now is "thank you for creating this thread"

Pls, is there any1 in Edo that i interested in pepper farming? Pls let us come together and put resources together and smile to the bank @d end...
Thanks

Whatsapp

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by DeBiafran: 3:27am On Jun 20, 2019
@Pistotita, pls can i have your fone number?

thank you.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 20, 2019
DeBiafran:
@Pistotita, pls can i have your fone number?

thank you.
pistotita19@gmail.com
from there we will pick it up. I don't drop my line on public forums. Not safe, and you should not also.

1 Like

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 11:02pm On Jun 20, 2019
Good evening guys .long time,i have been so busy .I'm sorry for not updating this trend for a long time. Thank you all . How is your pepper doing.
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by mansoor093(m): 6:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
good job man....can u give us the cost implication of planting 2500 hot pepper plant.... atleast for intending entrepreneurs
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by ogbongenet: 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
Most guy on this platform are only attracted to the figures but are not ready for the work.Some will disturb your what's app,ask almost all question that has been answered on the trend , call upon calls,some will even visit you at the farm,out of your tight schedule I will still attend to them.call them back after 2-3weeks to ask how far about their pepper farm,just for them to say enh enh I'm not doing it again ,my aunt said that their is no market,emm the land that I wanted to use has issue,emmm I have to travel when I come back.funny youth ...

7 Likes

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 25, 2019
ogbongenet:
Most guy on this platform are only attracted to the figures but are not ready for the work.Some will disturb your what's app,ask almost all question that has been answered on the trend , call upon calls,some will even visit you at the farm,out of your tight schedule I will still attend to them.call them back after 2-3weeks to ask how far about their pepper farm,just for them to say enh enh I'm not doing it again ,my aunt said that their is no market,emm the land that I wanted to use has issue,emmm I have to travel when I come back.funny youth ...

Lol!

Feel your pain. Some say I am strict....hmmmm! The truth is that over 99% of the people who follow you or even talk to you are not ready for the task. They are motivated by figures like you rightly put it. Just 1% from my experience really want to do it. Some % want to do it to escape poverty or lack of money they are facing and intend dumping it later. Many want to make you work for them, and they even want to pay you salary. hahahaha, but your approach of not giving them the opportunity to put the proposal forward chased them away. In fact, they think they are smart. Some want mechanized and modern styles, but cannot get it. The group of people who visited you have visited hundreds of farms like that without doing anything. Some are even thieves, be careful who you show your farm....lolz.

My advice is this sir, value your time more. You can imagine how many people contacted me just to say they want to meet me. For what? Just to know me. Lol. So they felt I have time just to meet everyone just for them to know me? When I don't even jump at meeting people with good cash. Hehehe.

Let me tell you something else. If you make the mistake of consulting for someone, and the staff members are not good, you will end up abandoning your farm to concentrate on working out the farm cos the pressure these people will mount on you...hehehe. They are "My hard earned money" group. lol. Better to focus on ones farm instead of thinking of adding consulting jobs.

Value yourself more. You should start screening who you talk to. I do not mind people asking me questions. If someone commits himself to something (like ask me send something or send a contact, or network ), he backs out later without informing me, and I had to contact him before he says he's no more doing, or my contacts call me first, that person is erased from my list. Such person could have just asked me directly what his intentions are, and honestly, he may get them instead of playing me around.

Outward appearance does not mean reliability. Some people might even look rough but very dependable. That he speaks queens English does not move me. I am moved with what you have upstairs. I am moved more with good attitude. There are many brilliant chaps I chat with all day. There is a guy who I am so amazed of his innovations. I am going to take permission from another man who sent me his harvest on Roma VF pilot. Not even VFN, but VF. Around 250grams per fruit. See fresh tomato. I was so impressed. Why did he contact me? He saw my threads, and told me that he wants to know more. And he started sharing. I did not know how I started pouring out too. I am sure we learned from each other. And he told me this morning that he is bouncing back to farm. Apparently, he followed me well. Used all my tactics and concepts from the "very very" beginning. Those who know....know. lol. Such a man I can relate with well. I told him A, he comes back with options A to F. I was like...."you this man". He calls himself "the Internet engineer". When I read stories of readers who picked up my concepts, I am so delighted. One lady sent me three paragraphs filled with powerful prayers. I was so happy to read her words, and I shouted a beautiful Amen at the end of the prayers.

Personally, I have tested some people. For example, this man asked me a very big favor in marketing a product which I know hiw to sell very well(i don't wanna mention it so he does not feel bad cos I'm sure he's reading this). I was about giving him, but another mind told me to test him. So, I picked up one of my boy's phone sent him message to kindly assist me also with my another product he has skills with. Told me to send him money before he can say anything. I smiled. When he buzzed me again, I told him to send me cash too. Shikena!

Bro, hang on. God will reward you well with good people soon. Amen. Just continue doing good. I have met too many des.perate, anno.ying, te.rrible, irrita.ting, disgu.sting, arro.gant, bar.baric, nau.seating, self.ish, idio.tic, fo.olish, non forgiving, retal.iating, gru.dge keeping, imbec.iles ...... people. But it will not stop me from doing good.

But if I get a reliable, dependable, trustworthy, God-fearing person, I will give in my whole heart even the person has no kobo to put in. Not to talk of someone who puts in his/her resources and allows trust to be built. I will go to the end of the world with such person. I will pull in all my head to expand what we are doing. Why? We came to this world with nothing, and we are leaving with nothing. Everything we get in this world is meant for this world, we must leave them behind

Finally, I admonish you with the words and conclusion of King Solomon "All is vanity. Fear the Lord, for this is our mission in this world". "The fear of God is the root of wisdom". Period!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 8:50am On Jul 20, 2019
Good Morning House, plz I need ur advise on my nursery. startd nursing pepper (hot sun) around early may nd it nt growing, its presently abt 3inchs tall after I added urea 46 last week. plz what can I do to make them grow as approprate
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2019
Jove2012:
Good Morning House, plz I need ur advise on my nursery. startd nursing pepper (hot sun) around early may nd it nt growing, its presently abt 3inchs tall after I added urea 46 last week. plz what can I do to make them grow as approprate
did you mean big sun variety or hot sun??
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by okoroemeka(m): 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2019
Jove2012:
from my own observation not all varieties or cultivars are meant for Africa,the pics below is our 4000 stands ,e64 days old Cameroon habanero pepper planted the nursery on 17 may,it's fruiting gradually but excessive rain and very low sun luminosity is affecting t,he growth,that is expected,it will bounce back when the weather changes,it always do,but for a crop planted early May to be 3 inches tall,hmm,there's a problem somewhere, either the problem is the variety or the nursery soil is very very poor.

Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 6:27pm On Jul 20, 2019
YOUR PEPPER LOOKS FINE. THE PROBLEM IS THE SOIL CUS AV NURSED SAME SEED FROM TECHNISEED IN THE PAST AND THE RESULT IS NOT THIS BAD. PLEASE WHAT CAN I DO TO IMPROVE THE SOIL AT A POINT LIKE THIS?
Re: 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm by Jove2012: 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2019
BIG SUN VIRIETY I MEAN SIR

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (61) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.