Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Boerboel Or Gsd - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Boerboel Or Gsd (2202 Views)

Boerboel ,rottweiler Or GSD For Adoption / Boerboel Or Rott Help A Brother Choose / Swap Your Adolescent Male Boerboel Or Caucasian With Adult Female GSD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boerboel Or Gsd by wizi44(m): 5:24pm On Feb 01, 2019
[color=#990000][/color having problem deciding between boerboel or German shepherd, a family friend promised to gift me two boerboel puppies and I am contemplating on selling the puppies and buying two slant back gsds instead. I need help guys
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by wizi44(m): 5:28pm On Feb 01, 2019
and does anybody know where pure gsds are found
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by MajorLanister: 5:55pm On Feb 01, 2019
Boerboel aren't bad as well... if they are pure, then u are a lucky guy to be gifted two.

if you looking for a security conscious dog who recognises family then u on track...

They are very muscular breeds, bigger than a German shepherd.

They require lots of exercise cos of their weight.

They also have high tendency of being bulky and can emaciate easily when lot fed properly...

Be prepared to spend more on feeding than ur regular GSD.

They are balanced.

I just love this breed.. Bold, courageous, Dog aggressive, Kids play mate, Excellent Guard Dogs, Intelligent and very large.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by Uhtred(m): 6:39pm On Feb 01, 2019
I would recommend a boerboel for obvious reasons as stated by MajorLanister above. If you decide otherwise, I would like to see and possibly buy one of the boerboels.
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by wizi44(m): 9:18am On Feb 02, 2019
I live in an apartment
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by wizi44(m): 9:18am On Feb 02, 2019
I live in an apartment a large one
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by Ogcruz: 11:06am On Feb 02, 2019
wizi44:
I live in an apartment a large one
Boerboel is better than gsd in apartment living
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by dabtee: 12:14pm On Feb 02, 2019
If u in lagos WhatsApp 09056188427
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by welzyj2(m): 6:22pm On Feb 02, 2019
Ogcruz:

Boerboel is better than gsd in apartment living

Isn't it meant to be the other way round due to their size and amount of exercise needed
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by Ogcruz: 8:40pm On Feb 02, 2019
welzyj2:

Isn't it meant to be the other way round due to their size and amount of exercise needed
Not size
But amount of exercise needed
Gsd needs more exercise
And leave a gsd on its own it will destroy your proprerties

1 Like

Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by toyobillz(m): 9:43pm On Feb 02, 2019
wizi44:
[color=#990000][/color having problem deciding between boerboel or German shepherd, a family friend promised to gift me two boerboel puppies and I am contemplating on selling the puppies and buying two slant back gsds instead. I need help guys
It a gift bro...u don't have to sell em

2 Likes

Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by Baroba(m): 11:41pm On Feb 02, 2019
I personally love the German shepherd, having owned one in the past.. I personally wouldn't recommend both breeds for anyone living in an apartment..
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by space9880: 11:56pm On Feb 02, 2019
welzyj2:

a GSD needs more exercise
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by welzyj2(m): 1:23am On Feb 03, 2019
Ogcruz:

Not size
But amount of exercise needed
Gsd needs more exercise
And leave a gsd on its own it will destroy your proprerties

space9880:
a GSD needs more exercise

They both require exercise and long walks.....but op wants a showline gsd so the drive to walk isn't as high as that of a working line.

The only prob abt gsd is the excessive barking, which you have to control through training since it would frustrate your neighbour's.

You will buy toys to minimize destruction of your shoes grin
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by Uniqueaccountant(m): 9:06am On Feb 03, 2019
wizi44:
can you gift me one? am bssed in kaduna
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by space9880: 4:10pm On Feb 03, 2019
welzyj2:

They both require exercise and long walks.....but op wants a showline gsd so the drive to walk isn't as high as that of a working line.

The only prob abt gsd is the excessive barking, which you have to control through training since it would frustrate your neighbour's.

You will buy toys to minimize destruction of your shoes grin

you are very correct about the shoe stuff, when I got my dog shoes, socks, slippers, clothes always gets destroyed but I set traps for her, catch her in the act and discipline her now she's no longer into destruction she's into digging now I'm not bothered about the digging grin
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by welzyj2(m): 11:45pm On Feb 03, 2019
space9880:

you are very correct about the shoe stuff, when I got my dog shoes, socks, slippers, clothes always gets destroyed but I set traps for her, catch her in the act and discipline her now she's no longer into destruction she's into digging now I'm not bothered about the digging grin

Better be bothered ooo except she doesn't enter your sitting room, b/c the day the spirit go hold her on your sofa you will know it's a bad habit cheesy
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by Nobody: 12:10am On Feb 04, 2019
For me it's not about the breed but it's about the fire the dog has got in it, as in its viciousness, if you bring a gsd and a beorbel to me, I will study how both of them behave in their territories and also study their parents too if possible then pick the one that is more aggressively territorial.

My point is that you, the person who is getting the dog, you have to know what is it exactly you want and expect from the dog, it is not what everybody else thinks that matters but what you yourself want and need from a dog.
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by GRACEGLORY: 12:46am On Feb 04, 2019
wizi44:

Take your time to study the temperament of both dogs online. Their flaws and strength, and grooming. And see the one that suits your life style. It's not about owning a dog, it's about the ability to care for them and love them
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by wizi44(m): 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2019
thanks guys
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by TimmyPlaya: 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2019
Is this a confirm gsd?

Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by Gozzzy(m): 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2019
TimmyPlaya:
Is this a confirm gsd?
NO!!!! That's pure calabar spec ekuuke
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by TimmyPlaya: 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2019
Both?
Father is a German shepherd.
Mother is an ekuuke

Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by TimmyPlaya: 4:00pm On Feb 07, 2019
The black is long coat.
Re: Boerboel Or Gsd by space9880: 11:51pm On Feb 08, 2019
mhd5757:
For me it's not about the breed but it's about the fire the dog has got in it, as in its viciousness, if you bring a gsd and a beorbel to me, I will study how both of them behave in their territories and also study their parents too if possible then pick the one that is more aggressively territorial.

My point is that you, the person who is getting the dog, you have to know what is it exactly you want and expect from the dog, it is not what everybody else thinks that matters but what you yourself want and need from a dog.

a boerboel cannot disappoint you except it's not a boerboel

(1) (Reply)

Pedigree GSD Slant Back Pups 4sale / Help My Rabbit Is Losing Weight. / Imported Doberman, Chow Chow, Boerboel, Pug, Husky For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.