Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,880 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:05 AM

Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election (7004 Views)

LIVE UPDATES On Anambra Supplementary Election / Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander / Who Is The Best Governor For The 2007-2011 Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by yicob(m): 12:54am On Apr 21, 2007
Updates On Todays' Presidential Election

Voting to start 10.00am this morning and ends 5.00pm. Please let's put in more info as the election progresses!
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by con9ja: 2:26pm On Apr 21, 2007
Don't know what kind of input u want but here's my experience when i went to vote. Got to the polling booth at about 11.45am only to discover that the register for our booth was a wrong one, INEC official calls sup. who comes and asks for the party agents they have a little meeting and then they agree that we should go ahead and vote (without the register) they'll check for the marker stain on outr thumb from last week, and use that to accredit you for voting,

Even a secondary school student would have done much better, we are talking about a register we used just a week ago not four yrs ago,, INEC has failed us, as if that was not enough we were only given two ballot papers instead of three i heard INEC postponed the senatorial elections till God knows when,

Na wa ooooooo
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by BlackMamba(m): 3:36pm On Apr 21, 2007
More first hand update on the election from across the country will be highly appreciated here.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by MP007(m): 7:08am On Apr 22, 2007
and the winner is PDP, why yall wasting time, electro(ridgez)naija for ever, haaaaaaaa e dey pain me oooo!!
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by akara(m): 8:20am On Apr 22, 2007
Its a shame that INEC have not been able to update results of the last weeks election onto its website.
Why did they bother with one then. A site is supposed to contain an upto the minute results and reports
We have a way to go. http://www.inecnigeria.org/index.php?cateid=47&contid=265
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by finnyrolls(m): 8:43am On Apr 22, 2007
any updates on whose won yet, abeg o make dem do make we know wat's up
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by aloib(f): 9:17am On Apr 22, 2007
pls who won jare, all dse rumor mongers, wers my cybergun angry angry
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by zexyworm: 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2007
Could someone explain to me something?

All election observer groups have condemned the elections being marred by violence, fraud, and mishandling, yet the federal govt. has publically stated that it won't go for a re-run or even entertain the idea that the outcome is inconclusive,

Is Nigeria on its way to becoming a pariah-state, once more?

1 Like

Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Bankole01(m): 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2007
zexyworm:

Could someone explain to me something?

All election observer groups have condemned the elections being marred by violence, fraud, and mishandling, yet the federal govt. has publically stated that it won't go for a re-run or even entertain the idea that the outcome is inconclusive,

Is Nigeria on its way to becoming a pariah-state, once more?

Nigeria is not only a pariah State but a Fascist banana republic run by a depotic and megalomaniac murderer and a thief.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Badman888(m): 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2007
If they still do a rerun the same thing would happen, the main this is to change rule from civilian to civilian here
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by aloib(f): 3:51pm On Apr 22, 2007
abeg who won cos i had a bet o angry
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by lonelypal(m): 4:09pm On Apr 22, 2007
?? Its very hard for one to come to terms with the realities of things in the polity now, Just sme few hours ago the INEC boss rated the overall general election including last saturday's election as free n fair inspite of the spate of violence and irregularities that characterised the gubernatorial and House of Assembly elections in some major states, grin grin ;Dperhaps the INEC boss has failed to realised the fact that Nigerians can clearly see the handwriting clearly on the wall now and this has been demonstrated by the low turn out of voters recorded in some parts of Lagos and some other states. The question is when are we gonna change for good? when do we learn to do things the right way?
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by md4real(m): 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2007
hi guys! i want to share my exprience with you guys. im from niger state and as usual in my area voting began even before 10 am. but the abusing part of the story for for candidate to be declared winner at the diffrent pooling unit that made up the ward only to be announced later that the same candiadate failed in the election. this is 21st century, the politic of money, salt, soap, wrapper and intimidation stil exists. where are we going?just imagine an aspirant calling his people "fowls and chicken" "flash them money and the follow your way he said"
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by DisGuy: 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2007
who is the aspirant @ md4real?
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by alabiyemmy(m): 5:01pm On Apr 22, 2007
Atiku has been known to win all major court cases he has instituted in the past one year, judging by that, he beleives so much in the judiciary, therefore, if he beleives the elections had been rigged and not free and fair, he should head up to the same courts again, who knows, may be he will win again and a re-run of the elections will be ordered? The pictures I saw on the news doesnt speak like the pictures painted by the comments on this forum.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by mazaje(m): 5:23pm On Apr 22, 2007
i saw very disturbing pictures on the BBC, people burning houses in katsina and people complaining of non arrival of voting materials and rigging all over the country. cry cry cry cry
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 9ja4eva: 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2007
I careless about what BBC have to say.Any news on the elections?
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by alabiyemmy(m): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2007
do you think the foreign press will ever commend anything Nigerian, if in the face of glaring brilliance and a job well done, all they do is paint the dark picture, so, I will simply ignore them.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 9ja4eva: 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2007
Exactly.Dts wat i do too.I careless.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by stranger12: 5:41pm On Apr 22, 2007
Any news on whats happening nation wide.

It seems the turn out was low.

9ja4eva:

I careless about what BBC have to say.Any news on the elections?
BBC is the equivalent of NTA. What more do you expect?

BBC and CNN both plays tune to their pipper.

They are foreign institutions which are used as tools in the interests of their governments and people.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 9ja4eva: 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2007
Thank yu oh.Dts deir business.Hopefully dey will focus more on South Korea now.

Any news on the elections?
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Badman888(m): 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2007
Atiku is already calling for the election to be re-run, the results are not even out yet, but i think no result until at least tomorrow. .

1 Like

Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 9ja4eva: 6:01pm On Apr 22, 2007
LOL.Well one EU Observer said what happened yesterday cant be said to be election cos of d lapses.Lets c what happens

1 Like

Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2007
BBC AND CNN are all terrorist group hiding in the name of journalist or whatever they uselessly call themselves. As for Atiku even before the Elections he said that he us only participating so that he can challenge the polls, to me that means that he was already aware that he was going to lose the election, then I ask since he was aware of his losing the election, why did he and the useless Supreme court make INEC to reprint the ballot boxes thereby spending more of our money and yet elections still start late.

Upon that  he Athief Abubakar is already crying that the poll was not free and fair. No body is going to re-run any election they should stop misusing our OIl money extravagantly when we all know that Yaradua is the President.

The court should just confirm the election to yaradua let peace rain jareeee, they should just ignore Atiku.HE can come back and try his luck in next four years to come. We know they may or better still they were faults in the all the elections but then we have to accept the result so that OBJ can go, or does the opposition want PBJ to have his long time cherish Third Term? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 9ja4eva: 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2007
LOL

Abeg no kill me with laf
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2007
Who are the EU observer? who and what are they Observing?? they are all very stupid for saying those negative comment about our election, what of their own country is they elections free and fair? We see what happen during George Bush second term elections it took the whole America two month or so to declear him the winner, we also see what happen in Germany, they nearly fought,till 3 weeks elaps before the woman was declear the new german councillor, what the hell are the EU or foreign observer talking about,are they perfect.

Now we are all watching France their starts today, some part they use electronic machine to vote and some part is normal voting, 12 candidate are running, so the Eu should go back to they countries or continent and observe , nonsense. that how they course war in Africa so they can come and sale their ARMS to both Government and rebels. we have know them all now.Demons thats what they are.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Douzy(m): 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2007
At least, Gov. Orji Uzor Kalu and his party, the Peoples Progressive Alliance (PPA) are said to have won the presidential elections in Abia again. grin
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Badman888(m): 6:13pm On Apr 22, 2007
The BBC and CNN all foreign medias do say rubbish about africa, but what they are reporting about the election is true its the same thing local newspapers and everyone is saying,
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by alabiyemmy(m): 6:14pm On Apr 22, 2007
if the Supreme court judgement hadnot been executed,definitely there wouldnt have been those lapses of voting material arrivng late - he got what he wanted, Atiku - so let him chill.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by 9ja4eva: 6:19pm On Apr 22, 2007
LOL.Dts true

Echidime:

Who are the EU observer? who and what are they Observing?? they are all very stupid for saying those negative comment about our election, what of their own country is they elections free and fair? We see what happen during George Bush second term elections it took the whole America two month or so to declear him the winner, we also see what happen in Germany, they nearly fought,till 3 weeks elaps before the woman was declear the new german councillor, what the hell are the EU or foreign observer talking about,are they perfect.

Now we are all watching France their starts today, some part they use electronic machine to vote and some part is normal voting, 12 candidate are running, so the Eu should go back to they countries or continent and observe , nonsense. that how they course war in Africa so they can come and sale their ARMS to both Government and rebels. we have know them all now.Demons thats what they are.

Exactly.Dey cnt seem to let Africa be.All dey know how to do is destroy Africa more and more.Africa will shock them soon.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Danoe(m): 6:28pm On Apr 22, 2007
I want to say this on my own opinion that the Presidential election and the National Assembly elections have been a little bit complicated, this is because of the wide span of concentration but I will still commend the INEC for its efforts no matter the fact that in some areas election especially the senate or the Federal house could not take place successfully

Like in Akwa Ibom State the Federal House election have been postponed till 26th April reason: non availability of Voting Material.

For the Senate in Akwa Ibom State PDP sweeps all the three sits.
Re: Updates On The 2007 Presidential Election by Echidime(m): 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2007
EU and foreign observers were sent by their respectives Government, to try and report negativity so that  War can start were they can have the possibilty to sale their demonic arms, or better still, if Atiku become our president he can be giving their government our OIL money an he atiku gave our PTDF money  to that his useless American friend, all this we now know,gone are the days of the SLAVE TRADE, where they white comes and give our forefather mirrow just a little mirrow and take their illusttrous sons and daughters away.

For the local journalist saying same thing with the EU or foreign obervers, I ask you, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THE OPPOSITIONS TO DO? Thye have to say the elections were not free and fair, for your information ,NO COUNTRY ON THIS EARTH EVER CONDUCTED A FREE AND FAIR POOLS. When the western world do their election, do we africans go there to monitor and observe their elections? France is voting today which country in Africa have been sent there to observe their election. I need and answer to this please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibru Brothers In Legal Tussle Over Federal Palace Hotel / History : True Cause Of The Civil War / 2023: Don’t Die Because Of Any Politician – Makinde Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.