Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,711 members, 7,802,155 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Remembering Home (Nigeria) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Remembering Home (Nigeria) (9580 Views)

1 Year Or 2 Years Abroad Without Calling His People At Home Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remembering Home (Nigeria) by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 21, 2007
Okay so i was thinking the only pictures of Nigeria here are "skylines". I thought it would be nice to share those "not so good" photos, the real face of Nigeria. . . yes those faces that we wish we could see again. If you have any stories to go along with your photos all the better.
Here i go!

Nothing beats the good old days taking the long north bound trips from Lagos to Yola, stopping a thousand times to buy packets of suya. How we survived spending all our alawi on suya only God knows.

Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by ikamefa(f): 2:46am On Apr 21, 2007
waa yo allah that na suya? tongue

i remember the suya sellers near my house when i was a little girl( age 12-13) , when i was home in mushin, errnight even after eating a big bowl of eba , i must sneak out to buy 5naira or 10 naira suya ,eat it as fast as i can then rush back home without my mama knowing grin

one day she followed me,(i did not know) caught me red handed and beat the living daylight out of me! cheesy from that day on-wards i stopped sneaking out to eat suya oh! grin

1 Like

Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by Nobody: 3:02am On Apr 21, 2007
Ata - N20, Tomati - N30. Soup don land! wink

Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by ikamefa(f): 3:06am On Apr 21, 2007
that na oshodi abi mushin market? grin

that pepper red no be small grin
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by Nobody: 3:10am On Apr 21, 2007
na oshodi market o. My aunt used to send me to go buy eko for her. grin
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by rikkyjen(m): 3:51am On Apr 21, 2007
Mushin market lollll

Y'all remeber this stuffs:

Iceeeeeeeeee water tutu re. . .

Cooooooood pure water. . . .

Paro lo. . . . . .

Then some extremely black guys with some puff-puff glass on their head equipped with a 2pronged fork,which is used in hitting the puff-puff glass in a nauseating manner and he twists his mouth as if hes calling a dog. . .Puf puff 3 for 10naira.

If you is a woman strolling in oshodi market, some people go dey call you crappy titles just to make you patronise them, check it out:

Iya oko mi. . .
Sisi ti o wo asho red, eyin ni mo'n pe, Tomato Hausa ni mo ni, Ibile ti tan. WTF?
Iya Aburo, E wa shemi lowo ni aro yii (As in pls patronise me dis morning)
Customer mii, Efo Soko ati tete ti de ooo, Ile awon Gambari ni won ti ko wa oooo

And so many more that makes me cringe with laughter when i hear 'em market women with their Theatrics in a bid to ouwit each other
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by Nobody: 4:00am On Apr 21, 2007
With molue nothing dey 'appen. Voted most innovative mass transit system of the 21st century.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by omoge(f): 4:05am On Apr 21, 2007
that looks like Sasa in Ibadan, chief headquarter for Apere of Tomatoes, Atarodo, Tatashe, onions and other stuffs for your stews,
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by ikamefa(f): 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2007
haaaaaaaaa  funky molue  grin brings back all those funny  memories

the conductors screaming at the top of his lungs:  Mushin oloosha, mushin oloosha mun change e dani o( make sure you have exact change oh)if you no get change una go marry una selves by force  grin

those buses never stop for more than 2 secs  grin you have to run and hop on the bus
the bus is always packed full, with people practically on top of each other

to come out of the bus nko? na real fight! cheesy you must develop a dexterity or skill on how to jump down and not fall on your backside when the bus is in motion! grin

inside this bus we have a church ( evangelist preaching about the coming end of time)a mini chemist ( a vendor peddling caplets/tablet that can practically cure  from Amnesia, asthma to simple headache)

meanwhile the perverts and pickpockets are having a field day  grin
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by sisimose(f): 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2007
aww see pepper oo! i miss it all , i miss bukka food , bush meat and pounded yam
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2007
tongue time to start hunting my street rabbits.

Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by sisimose(f): 5:29pm On Apr 21, 2007
give me some smoked grass-cutter wiith ogbono soup Oh God I miss it
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by ikamefa(f): 5:31pm On Apr 21, 2007
why is nobody contributing to this thread? undecided
na only me don live for 9ja before? grin

is that a small antelope or a grass cutter @ david? grin
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 21, 2007
looks like a tiny antelope o. Gone are the days when we set traps to catch oya, crabs and rats in college! kai! adulthood is boring! tongue

no mind them jare ika6, dem dey shame for their country. grin
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by sisimose(f): 5:40pm On Apr 21, 2007
and is it just u two here? una dey say nobody as if i be ghost , shoo! grin

yes it is a grass cutter tongue
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by ikamefa(f): 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2007
shame ke?  cheesy am soo glad i have the best of both worlds  grin  

going home( my village) errdecember was a treat then my father must always buy all this k i n d a meat and we smoke em and eat when we get home

yes oh adulthood is boring!  tongue grin grin grin one dont have anychance or excuse to get into or cause trouble as one used to before  grin

sisimose:

and is it just u two here? una dey say nobody as if i be ghost , shoo! grin

yes it is a grass cutter tongue

abeg no vex oh! grin
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by sisimose(f): 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2007
i go vex *sulking*
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by sisimose(f): 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2007
i need some naijafood asap
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2007
sorry madam sisimose. . . your presence is duly recognised.
Pounded yam and ofe owerri with bushmeat and periwinkle sprinkled on it, washed down with a bottle of sprite! kai!

Boiled crabs dipped in dry pepper. Roasted antelopes with ice cold garri! Na wa o!

No wonder Americans are overweight. Na only burger dem get! undecided Home sweet home here i come!
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by sisimose(f): 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2007
i dey play dont worry thanks anyway

all those food wey u mention God , i miss naija. Miss my gran ma's egusi soup they way edo make it with pork, goat, chicken eho!
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by sisimose(f): 6:08pm On Apr 21, 2007
especially my fav bukka off Allen avenue. abeg i dey go sleep , yeye food for here
osa ! what about banga soup with fish and periwinkles with starch (dis is torture) i dey go sleep cry
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by bol(m): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2007
@davidylan

Its good remembering home as a river who fails to remember is fountain will go dry but one reservation I have about your way of remembering home is the way and manner you go about it. You ought not to have showed the odds of home for the whole world to see. You ought to have shown the luxuries of home the supermarkets,the high brow areas e.t.c
Before I came to the UK I thought UK was heaven on earth judging from the clips of BBC,CNN and Sky but on getting here I discover they've got also their odds too .So we've got to potray home in a good light.
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by 4Play(m): 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2007
@Bol
He hasn't started showing the Bakassi Boys,MEND,Talibans of Kano,ritualists,dead bodies lieing beside the road and you are complaining
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by GNature(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2007
4 Play:

@Bol
He hasn't started showing the Bakassi Boys,MEND,Talibans of Kano,ritualists,dead bodies lieing beside the road and you are complaining

LMAO grin grin

crazy pickin grin
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by ikamefa(f): 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2007
bol:

@davidylan

Its good remembering home as a river who fails to remember is fountain will go dry but one reservation I have about your way of remembering home is the way and manner you go about it. You ought not to have showed the odds of home for the whole world to see. You ought to have shown the luxuries of home the supermarkets,the high brow areas e.t.c
Before I came to the UK I thought UK was heaven on earth judging from the clips of BBC,CNN and Sky but on getting here I discover they've got also their odds too .So we've got to potray home in a good light.

nahhhhh i dont see nuffin wrong in what he has shown !

why try to sugarcoat  things what is odd/bad  in what he has shown?  undecided
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by bol(m): 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2007
@4 play

I ain't waiting till then, I do invite my white friends to this site and it will be completely eyesore if they get to see this.Many I have invited got to come to this site and on seeing this,my invitation may be rejected based on what they saw about Nigeria.
 You know first impression last longer, if they get to see this they would be of the impression that's the way the whole Nigeria is.
 Even in London their hardly a  minute stabbings or attempted stabbings are not perpetrated and this Britons have got the deceptive instinct  to paint London and UK in general as one of the best places to be on earth.
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by bol(m): 8:17pm On Apr 21, 2007
[/quote][quote author=ikamefa link=topic=49973.msg1057976#msg1057976 date=1177181537]
nahhhhh i don't see nuffin wrong in what he has shown !

why try to sugarcoat  things what is odd/bad  in what he has shown?  undecided

I'm simply saying we've got to show the best of Nigeria. Had it been the pics was not going  beyond Nigeria it would have been a different ball game as it would be an awakening call for our Leader/rulers.
  What he has shown is  a fact, no doubt about that but I want to see the best of home. It's been ages I've visited Nigeria and such pics will not send the right signal.
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by sisimose(f): 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2007
shoo! i thought this topic was doing that? are they not discussing the best of Naija?
as for me its food food food smiley
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by GNature(m): 8:24pm On Apr 21, 2007
@bol

I get your point, but we already have threads on this board that showcases our highbrow areas in Nigeria:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4234.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-8874.0.html
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by bol(m): 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2007
GNature:

@bol

I get your point, but we already have threads on this board that showcases our highbrow areas in Nigeria:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-4234.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-8874.0.html

Ohhhhhhhhhh! what a sight to behold . I've got to perfect word to qualify those beautiful pics.
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by nnenneigbo(f): 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2007
i see nothing wrong with the pics by the way. that red pepperm only will tempt anyone to come visit and taste real food(no gm nonsense)
Re: Remembering Home (Nigeria) by sisimose(f): 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2007
yes oo! cheesy i want me some food food

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Impex Worldwide Reviews? / See The 10 Most Expensive Airports Ever Built In The World(Photos) / Nigerians That Live In Cuba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.