Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap (46613 Views)

Why Are American Cars So Big / Nissan Cars / Just Nissan cars thread vin included in Ibadan 08088525399 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Essont(m): 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2019
I have been observing over time the ads placed on Nairaland and other e-malls but have never seen any car brands advertised so cheap like Nissan, why is the brand so cheap? Is there any peculiar problem with the car?

Please car experts should come in here and educate us.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 01, 2019
Essont:
I have been observing over time the ads placed on Nairaland and other e-malls but have never seen any car brands advertised so cheap like Nissan, why is the brand so cheap? Is there any peculiar problem with the car?

Cheap is relative ..... And u are not obviously talking about a more recent model

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by CityNGR: 11:46pm On Feb 01, 2019
You should make up your mind on whatever you wanna buy.

observing from my Mercedes Benz....the peak of luxury....see nurey pained

[img]https://media1./images/e57a448cf70a7d4274721e0c4f7f9609/tenor.gif?itemid=4931591[/img]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Ghost1994: 12:20am On Feb 02, 2019
Gear issues... murano... maxima n altima..

60 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Essont(m): 12:23am On Feb 02, 2019
Apparently, their models in comparison with the likes of Honda and Toyota of the same year model.
1StopRudeness:

Cheap is relative ..... And u are not obviously talking about a more recent model

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Essont(m): 12:26am On Feb 02, 2019
Not just about me buying but educating potential suitors. I will love those that have used them to tell us their experience with them.
CityNGR:
You should make up your mind on whatever you wanna buy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by AgentGoat: 7:11am On Feb 02, 2019
Essont:

Where did you see the cheap Nissan cars?

28 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Essont(m): 8:14am On Feb 02, 2019
Check ads here on NL, ebay, jiji. Etc. and compare to others.
AgentGoat:

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by BestDude: 8:23am On Feb 02, 2019
AgentGoat:

it is true . I have been wondering same for years. There is a Nigerian used Nissan Murano going for 500k right now and I was about to create a thread today to ask questions. I wanted to buy it for company use cos our works involve moving a lot but at the same time I was worried on same reason the op created this thread.

And my worry centered on whether the car will be giving me problems and lots of problem.

There is another murano going for 650k too.

But you will never see a Toyota of same year sell for less than 1,000,000

So, I will appreciate it if people can help us.

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by BestDude: 8:28am On Feb 02, 2019
1StopRudeness:

he is not talking about 1X years but say 2003,2004,2005 models and either for foreign used or Nigerian used, it's same thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by LONGPREEK(m): 8:41am On Feb 02, 2019
BestDude:
it is true . I have been wondering same for years. There is a Nigerian used Nissan Murano going for 500k right now and I was about to create a thread today to ask questions. I wanted to buy it for company use cos our works involve moving a lot but at the same time I was worried on same reason the op created this thread.

And my worry centered on whether the car will be giving me problems and lots of problem.

This is a clear analysis. Now no one will answer. They are all looking for who to scam

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 9:03am On Feb 02, 2019
BestDude:

There are some certain Nissan years that have issues. You also have to note that Toyota is still top in reliability hence reason why it is expensive and holds its resale value.

but same can't be said for Nissan which is actually better and more rugged than Toyota in certain segment.

1. Nissan Murano. came purely with CVT transmission people didn't realize CVT is different from Automatic so the pour ATF fluid instead or CVT fluid hence the gear pack up in no time. Though the gear from factory too dey one kind due to the fact that Nissan is a pioneer of CVT transmission but as time went by they perfected it in later models.

2. Nissan Altima and maxima. the 2002 to 05 years of this Nissan with auto transmission had issues that's why it's damn cheap the gear too dey pack up with or without regular recommended maintenance. before those year and after those years were OK. Apart from transmission those year had some other minor factory design flaws.

3. Nissan quest 2005 to 2010 this one too has automatic with issues, that's the major fault has a known factory defect that was latter recalled. You can know the affect specimen by running a VIN check.

All other Nissan are good but are cheap due to the body, a lot of they just fall apart on heavy use especially when used in bad road, body starts falling like London bridge.

There are many Nissan that actually hold value as close to Toyota as it can be.

1. Nissan Xtrail very solid CUV and expensive as tokunbo and Naija used.

2. Nissan Sentry with the QD engine this one doesn't fall apart like it's close siblings I wonder why.

3. Nissan pathfinder. 2003 and 2004 especially, them cost like mad and they are indestructible (metaphor)

When buying a Nissan always check the body for rust and be weary of deformity if panel beater hit the boot for adjustment, front bumper go fall of, if he hit the door suspension go bend grin nah joke ooo

268 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by AgentGoat: 9:05am On Feb 02, 2019
BestDude:

Personally I don't like them because of the way their body fall apart after short usage. Gazzuzz like them though undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 02, 2019
BestDude:
he is not talking about 1X years but say 2003,2004,2005 models and either for foreign used or Nigerian used, it's same thing.

Still depends on what u are comparing all car brands have their luxury and affordable brands...

Nissan has its 2004, 2005 fx 35 which is expensive than Toyota's big daddy, Honda eod, even Toyota's CUV rav4 and Honda's 2005 suv...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by moscobabs(m): 9:59am On Feb 02, 2019
Essont:

Nissan cars don't cheap in fact is the one of the most expensive cars but Nigerian don't use it cos the parts are expensive hence those that got them sell them cheap.

Nissan quest nearly sent me back to village for its expensive parts

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Gaddafi1: 10:05am On Feb 02, 2019
Simply has to do with the quality of the product compared to Toyota and Honda.
Once used one but was so happy to quickly sell the vehicle even at a loss.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by moscobabs(m): 10:05am On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

There are some certain Nissan years that have issues. You also have to note that Toyota is still top in reliability hence reason why it is expensive and holds its resale value.

but same can't be said for Nissan which is actually better and more rugged than Toyota in certain segment.

1. Nissan Murano. came purely with CVT transmission people didn't realize CVT is different from Automatic so the pour ATF fluid instead or CVT fluid hence the gear pack up in no time. Though the gear from factory too dey one kind due to the fact that Nissan is a pioneer of CVT transmission but as time went by they perfected it in later models.

2. Nissan Altima and maxima. the 2002 to 05 years of this Nissan too had CVT that's why it's damn cheap the gear too dey pack up with or without regular recommended maintenance. before those year and after those years were OK. Apart from transmission those year had some other minor factory design flaws.

3. Nissan quest 2005 to 2010 this one too has CVT that's the major fault has a known factory defect that was latter recalled. You can know the affect specimen by running a VIN check.

All other Nissan are good but are cheap due to the body, a lot of they just fall apart on heavy use especially when used in bad road, body starts falling like London bridge.

2. Nissan Sentry with the QD engine this one doesn't fall apart like it's close siblings I wonder why.

3. Nissan pathfinder. 2003 and 2004 especially, them cost like mad and they are indestructible (metaphor)

When buying a Nissan always check the body for rust and be weary of deformity if panel beater hit the boot for adjustment, front bumper go fall of, if he hit the door suspension go bend grin nah joke ooo
Bro I have been using my Nissan quest since 2014 although I don't always drive it since it enter nija I have not drove 2000 miles. The only problem I have with it is the fan which always faulty and cause overheating then the radiator is single ..pls is it advisable to change the radiator to double ? I just like the beauty of the car
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by nurey(m): 10:12am On Feb 02, 2019
moscobabs:

Bro I have been using my Nissan quest since 2014 although I don't always drive it since it enter nija I have not drove 2000 miles. The only problem I have with it is the fan which always faulty and cause overheating then the radiator is single ..pls is it advisable to change the radiator to double ? I just like the beauty of the car

check your thermostat probably faulty.

The fan may have been connected directly, when hot the connection cuts and fan stops working. Let the rewire revert the connection back to default

use coolant in radiator instead of water.

no need to change radiator if you adhere to my instructions

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by konkacid: 10:13am On Feb 02, 2019
Forces of demand and supply... It's evident in their Nissan Micra model. A car that shouldn't be sold at no more than 200-300K now sells for 700k - 1.1m on the average. Why? Because of it's fuel economy, transporters use it as metro taxi, hence high demand/ high price.

27 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by moscobabs(m): 10:27am On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

check your thermostat probably faulty.

The fan may have been connected directly, when hot the connection cuts and fan stops working. Let the rewire revert the connection back to default

use coolant in radiator instead of water.

no need to change radiator if you adhere to my instructions
Thanks one stupid mechanic has removed my thermostat when I just bought it

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by KingOfAllIgbos: 10:41am On Feb 02, 2019
One guy put 5 - 6 million on his Nissan in 2016.....

I am sure i would still see it here grin

16 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by freemanbubble: 10:41am On Feb 02, 2019
Isoright
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Dacronym(m): 10:43am On Feb 02, 2019
I sold mine at a Giveaway price cry
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by joceey(m): 10:44am On Feb 02, 2019
BestDude:

You better run from that murano only if you are ready to spend money excessively on gears and engine always pick race oooo

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by sylva1(m): 10:47am On Feb 02, 2019
What of Honda Pilots, they seem to be quite cheap too. Do you have any explanations for it as well?

nurey:

2. Nissan Altima and maxima. the 2002 to 05 years of this Nissan too had CVT that's why it's damn cheap the gear too dey pack up with or without regular recommended maintenance. before those year and after those years were OK. Apart from transmission those year had some other minor factory design flaws.

3. Nissan quest 2005 to 2010 this one too has CVT that's the major fault has a known factory defect that was latter recalled. You can know the affect specimen by running a VIN check.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by femijamz: 10:49am On Feb 02, 2019
Fuel consumption is high
BestDude:

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fairly Used Mack Trucks / I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! / My Own Pre-order Tale With Inspired Autos (Finally delivered, resolved)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.