Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap (46611 Views)

Why Are American Cars So Big / Nissan Cars / Just Nissan cars thread vin included in Ibadan 08088525399 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Viergeachar: 10:50am On Feb 02, 2019
Human beings can't be pleased!

Damn!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Olukat(m): 10:52am On Feb 02, 2019
Nissan Skyline as well as infiniti GS35 is a great car to own.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by CarGuideNG: 10:53am On Feb 02, 2019
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by GogetterMD(m): 10:55am On Feb 02, 2019
BestDude:
it is true . I have been wondering same for years. There is a Nigerian used Nissan Murano going for 500k right now and I was about to create a thread today to ask questions. I wanted to buy it for company use cos our works involve moving a lot but at the same time I was worried on same reason the op created this thread.

And my worry centered on whether the car will be giving me problems and lots of problem.

There is another murano going for 650k too.

But you will never see a Toyota of same year sell for less than 1,000,000

So, I will appreciate it if people can help us.
You will forever curse the day you bought a Murano of you attempt to buy that SUV

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by BestDude: 11:00am On Feb 02, 2019
GogetterMD:

You will forever curse the day you bought a Murano of you attempt to buy that SUV

Thanks bro. I am staying away lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Donpeak(f): 11:01am On Feb 02, 2019
NISSAN Run for your life.
Transmission problem, Catalytic converter breakdown.... countless wahala
Essont:
I have been observing over time the ads placed on Nairaland and other e-malls but have never seen any car brands advertised so cheap like Nissan, why is the brand so cheap? Is there any peculiar problem with the car?

Please car experts should come in here and educate us.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 02, 2019
Essont:
I have been observing over time the ads placed on Nairaland and other e-malls but have never seen any car brands advertised so cheap like Nissan, why is the brand so cheap? Is there any peculiar problem with the car?

Please car experts should come in here and educate us.

Their CVT transmission is the only problem and nissan just seem never to get it right. They fail without warning and when it happens the whole unit has to be replaced which cost about $4,500.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by shadeyinka(m): 11:02am On Feb 02, 2019
moscobabs:

Thanks one stupid mechanic has removed my thermostat when I just bought it
The thermostat is useful only in temperate countries. During winter, it allows frozen ice within the engine completely melt before water begins to circulate

In a place like Nigeria, it has no useful purpose.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by femi4: 11:04am On Feb 02, 2019
BestDude:
it is true . I have been wondering same for years. There is a Nigerian used Nissan Murano going for 500k right now and I was about to create a thread today to ask questions. I wanted to buy it for company use cos our works involve moving a lot but at the same time I was worried on same reason the op created this thread.

And my worry centered on whether the car will be giving me problems and lots of problem.

There is another murano going for 650k too.

But you will never see a Toyota of same year sell for less than 1,000,000

So, I will appreciate it if people can help us.
Murano and gear problem are 5&6.....don't go there
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by BestDude: 11:05am On Feb 02, 2019
AgentGoat:
Personally I don't like them because of the way their body fall apart after short usage. Gazzuzz like them though undecided

Wetin Gazzuzz do u na grin
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by femi4: 11:08am On Feb 02, 2019
shadeyinka:

The thermostat is useful only in temperate countries. During winter, it allows frozen ice within the engine completely melt before water begins to circulate

Ignorant, the thermostat regulates the Engine temperature.

Without thermostat installed, your engine operates below optimal temperature which is bad for fuel consumption and engine performances

30 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Leewards: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2019
The gear box is over 250k
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by BestDude: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2019
femi4:
Murano and gear problem are 5&6.....don't go there

chai...
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by calculus4life: 11:14am On Feb 02, 2019
Please try to search the function of a thermostat. It was never designed for a particular region, I just don't know where some Nigeria mechanics got this there theory.

28 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by mu2sa2: 11:15am On Feb 02, 2019
GogetterMD:

Very true. I know two people who used the damn thing. One regretted the day he bought it. Some years later I saw a neighbour with it - straight away I knew the man had entered "one chance". Just within weeks the car had started "sleeping" at the mechanic's. To cut a long story short, under one year the car is no more in sight. I didn't ask him what happened to the Murano, but I don't even have to, seeing that he is now driving another car.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by femi4: 11:16am On Feb 02, 2019
moscobabs:

Bro I have been using my Nissan quest since 2014 although I don't always drive it since it enter nija I have not drove 2000 miles. The only problem I have with it is the fan which always faulty and cause overheating then the radiator is single ..pls is it advisable to change the radiator to double ? I just like the beauty of the car
replace the fan or change it to double ...after all you no longer have thermostat

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by ChristineC: 11:18am On Feb 02, 2019
If you want to buy a Nissan make sure it's the Nissan Patrol. I won't recommend any other model.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by feelgoodstuffs(m): 11:22am On Feb 02, 2019
nurey:

There are some certain Nissan years that have issues. You also have to note that Toyota is still top in reliability hence reason why it is expensive and holds its resale value.

but same can't be said for Nissan which is actually better and more rugged than Toyota in certain segment.

1. Nissan Murano. came purely with CVT transmission people didn't realize CVT is different from Automatic so the pour ATF fluid instead or CVT fluid hence the gear pack up in no time. Though the gear from factory too dey one kind due to the fact that Nissan is a pioneer of CVT transmission but as time went by they perfected it in later models.

2. Nissan Altima and maxima. the 2002 to 05 years of this Nissan too had CVT that's why it's damn cheap the gear too dey pack up with or without regular recommended maintenance. before those year and after those years were OK. Apart from transmission those year had some other minor factory design flaws.

3. Nissan quest 2005 to 2010 this one too has CVT that's the major fault has a known factory defect that was latter recalled. You can know the affect specimen by running a VIN check.

All other Nissan are good but are cheap due to the body, a lot of they just fall apart on heavy use especially when used in bad road, body starts falling like London bridge.

There are many Nissan that actually hold value as close to Toyota as it can be.

1. Nissan Xtrail very solid CUV and expensive as tokunbo and Naija used.

2. Nissan Sentry with the QD engine this one doesn't fall apart like it's close siblings I wonder why.

3. Nissan pathfinder. 2003 and 2004 especially, them cost like mad and they are indestructible (metaphor)

When buying a Nissan always check the body for rust and be weary of deformity if panel beater hit the boot for adjustment, front bumper go fall of, if he hit the door suspension go bend grin nah joke ooo

You didn't mention Nissan Rogue. That's what I'm using atm... can you say anything about it?
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by omogidi234(m): 11:26am On Feb 02, 2019
1StopRudeness:

Cheap is relative ..... And u are not obviously talking about a more recent model

I agree with you that it is relative, however, if compared with Toyota, it is cheap. But when you compare spare parts for both Toyota is second in terms of pricing!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by AgentGoat: 11:26am On Feb 02, 2019
shadeyinka:

Delete this post now!!!!!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by mustykay: 11:27am On Feb 02, 2019
I have been using my Nissan almera hunch back,1997 model since 2011.sometime last year i wanted to buy another Nissan car but my mechanics said NO that recent nissan cars are not reliable then i went for Toyota and gave my wife Almera.The car is still very much ok.What happened to new Nissan model?

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by CityNGR: 11:31am On Feb 02, 2019
shadeyinka:

delete this post or deactivate your account immediately

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by SpaceAngel: 11:34am On Feb 02, 2019
Wrong.

shadeyinka:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by computerglobal(m): 11:35am On Feb 02, 2019
Are You Buying A Car Soon ?

We are your number one source to get any vehicle checked. We make it easy for you to discover the complete history of any used car before you buy or sell it. It only takes a couple of minutes, and you'll have peace of mind before you buy . Have that peace of mind knowing the vehicle's complete history.
You’ll receive crucial facts about the car you’re looking to buy that will help you make a smart decision.

What we can obtain from these check

✓Title Problem Checks

✓Title brands

✓Prior Damage Checks

✓Odometer Checks
Detect rollbacks & tampering

✓Active Theft Checks

✓Open Lien Check

✓Title transfer

✓Past Sale Listings
See what it sold for before

✓Reported Accidents and Damage

✓Number of Owners

✓Odometer Rollback

✓Lemon History

✓Title Issues

✓ Theft

✓Emission inspection checks

✓ Recall Safety Data

✓Storm Damage Records

✓Vehicle Usage (Fleet, Rental)etc

✓Structural Damage

✓Vehicle Service History

✓Total Loss

✓Flood Damage check

✓Airbag Deployment

✓Mileage Rollover

✓Hail Damage

✓Last Reported Mileage

✓Country of Export

✓Estimated Miles Driven Per Year

✓Service, Inspection history

✓Custom Duty Verification Of Documents

Contact us today or visit our profile signature

Contact us today
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Ademoore07(m): 11:36am On Feb 02, 2019
LONGPREEK:

This is a clear analysis. Now no one will answer. They are all looking for who to scam
I ONCE TOLD SOMEONE ON THIS PLATFORM THAT I WILL NEVER SPEND MY MONEY ON ANY NISSAN PRODUCT. THE MAINTENANCE COST IS HUGELY HIGHER THAN WHAT IT TAKES TO PURCHASE. VERY POOR. XTERA IS A NOISE MAKER, PATHFINDER CONSUMES FUELS A LOT. FOR YOU TO ENJOY YOUR MURANO, U JUST HAVE TO CHANGE D ENGINE TO THAT OF COROLLA. ALL THESE ARE MODEL NOT LESS THAN YEAR 2000.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by alezzy13: 11:41am On Feb 02, 2019
I think it's just the branding issue.

I've used Sentra, almera and primaera and those cars are bloody strong. Esp the 1997 - 2001.

To me, the major problem is the poor second hand value.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 02, 2019
shadeyinka:

WHy would u fabricate an information on something u clearly have limited information about when u could have easily checked on Google using the same internet you used in posting this false masterpiece...Are u trying to be funny..??.

Anyways it's a faceless forum...

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by pacespot(m): 11:45am On Feb 02, 2019
all cars are made for a purpose, it is just that Nigerians don't follow instructions on their car usage.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Exponental(m): 11:50am On Feb 02, 2019
New technology. most Kazzems are not cconversant with it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars So Dead Cheap by Dembuk2009: 11:59am On Feb 02, 2019
I used my 1998 Nissan almera for 6years and it was a blessing!
Before the fuel price hike, I would fill up with 3200 and use it for 2 solid weeks driving to and fro office to the house.
Though not with Ac cos ac consumes fuel!
But with fuel hike, I was fueling with 6500 and still maintained my 2weeks usage.
My mechanic in person of Saheed was also a blessing to me.
I had to change it cos it was getting to small for my kind of business.
Oh my car that acted like a SUV!!
I quite agree with d body falling apart but in my case, after d 4th year, i did major body work and also changed the engine.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fairly Used Mack Trucks / I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! / My Own Pre-order Tale With Inspired Autos (Finally delivered, resolved)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.