Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) (17587 Views)

Buhari Directs NNPC To Take Over The Operations Of Oil Wells / Atiku Must Tell Us Who He’s Planning To Sell NNPC To - Bismarck Rewane / Proof Of N450M Given To Keyamo By NNPC To Be Published By Us - Leadersng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by dre11(m): 2:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) to extend its exploration to six basins in the country.

Buhari gave the directive at Barambu town in Alkaleri Local Government Area of the Bauchi State while flagging-off the commencement of drilling activities at Kolmani-II Oil Well, Gongola Basin, Upper Benue Trough.

“Exploration in our frontier basins is imperative to the economy of the country.

“I therefore, have directed NNPC to intensify its campaign in the Chad Basin, to discover new hydrogen to extend the economy of the people within the region and the nation at large.

“Our next level is to ensure that exploration is extended to Chad Basin, Gongola Basin, Anambra Basin, Sokoto Basin, Dahomey Basin, Bida Basin and Benue Trough, for more prosperous Nigeria.

“Gas and oil remain critical to the present economic development of our country and the future,” he said.

According to him, they remain “key to the implementation of our budget at all levels of government.

He commend the NNPC for the exploration into Kalmani River II Well, which he said, will spur-off socioeconomic activities

The president said that his association with hydrocarbon research started in Lake Chad as Federal Commissioner of Petroleum and Natural resources in 1976.

“That era led to the drilling of 23 wells, which two were of gaseous, where NNPC acquired 2,000 square meters of land in the basin,” he said.

The president commended the NNPC and other stakeholders in the Kolmani-II oil well project, just as he paid tribute to some university lecturers abducted while undergoing research work on the project.

Buhari also commended security agents for working tirelessly to ensure that the area was safe to conduct exploration activities.

He reiterated his administration’s determination in pursuing its goal of ensuring adequate security, enhancing the economy of the country, as well as fighting corruption.

Earlier in his remarks, the Group Managing Director of NNPC, Dr Maikanti Baru, had said that the exercise started some years back, but had to be suspended in 2000 as a result of the abduction of experts working on the project.

While commiserating with those who made sacrifices towards ensuring the realisation of the set goals, Baru said oil exploration was a capital intensive project that took many years to accomplish.

He however said that with patience and perseverance, success could be attained, and therefore commended all stakeholders, urging them to sustain their commitment. (NAN)

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/02/02/buhari-orders-nnpc-to-extend-exploration-to-six-basins/amp/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Firefire(m): 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2019
Wasteful enterprise.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by helinues: 2:45pm On Feb 02, 2019
Okay good
Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by StupidInyamiri: 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2019
Buhari is not well is the ToR handed down to you to market Abi?

Be informed, even if Buhari is in a casket, Nigerians will still vote for him. Choke on that

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by AyakaDunukofia: 2:46pm On Feb 02, 2019
In 2040, the west will stop the production of petrol-powered automobiles. It is time to be strategic in planning for a post crude oil economy than these illusionary oil search.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by MrAJQ(m): 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2019
Good bless our President.
Meanwhile, PMBinGombe beat PMBinKano

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by mynd1(f): 2:52pm On Feb 02, 2019
God bless Mr president
God bless Nigeria
Nigeria sai Buhari Walahi.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Firefire(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2019
Buhary method of looting with fake expectation of oil in the north.

Dambruba. grin

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by mynd1(f): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2019
Firefire:
Wasteful enterprise.
Sir, are u pain? do u have problem with north?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by phelonrays: 3:03pm On Feb 02, 2019
to motivate campaign abi
mtcheew
#BUHARIMUSTGO

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Firefire(m): 3:06pm On Feb 02, 2019
mynd1:
Sir, are u pain? do u have problem with north?

Maybe you are in severe pains? shocked grin

I love North but Buhary is the king of the North. smiley

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Racoon(m): 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2019
So where now is the diversification to the non-oil economy mindset here as emphasized by the Buhari's govt

After the kidnapped Univ.of Maiduguri exploration are yet to regain their freedom?And what have the previous attempts up north yielded? Stupid government bereft of workable solutions to Nigeria's problem. sad

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Jonadull: 3:10pm On Feb 02, 2019
Firefire:

Maybe you are in severe pains? shocked grin

I love North but Buhary is the king of the North. smiley
Heart attack loading

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Firefire(m): 3:11pm On Feb 02, 2019
Jonathan:

Heart attack loading

yeah, I can imagine that ahead, watch yourself closely. grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Jonadull: 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2019
Firefire:

yeah, I can imagine that ahead, watch yourself closely. grin
You should be placed on suicide watch on February 16/17

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Firefire(m): 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2019
Jonathan:

You should be placed on suicide watch on February 16/17

I can relate with your heart desire... my regards to my lovely mum. Tell her I will never forget her. Odabooooooo

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Jonadull: 3:22pm On Feb 02, 2019
Firefire:

I can relate with your heart desire... my regards to my lovely mum. Tell her I will never forget her. Odabooooooo
Please throw away that bottle of sniper cheesy
I’m begging you . cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by gawu1: 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:
In 2040, the west will stop the production of petrol-powered automobiles. It is time to be strategic in planning for a post crude oil economy than these illusionary oil search.
Crude is not used to power automobiles only. It can be used to produce so many things besides automobile powering.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by ijustdey: 8:39pm On Feb 02, 2019
Another wasteful enterprise
ALL this while have they seen a drop of oil in the north
lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2019
Elephant project to siphon money.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Oshin56(m): 9:47pm On Feb 02, 2019
The crude that's has been render useless in world is the one we are facing every day

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by gurunlocker: 9:51pm On Feb 02, 2019
Bubu is diversifying the economy from oil dependent to more oil dependent grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 02, 2019
Last time they attempted exploring the Chad basin, boko haram made a fool of our armed forces and professors from UNIMAID were kidnapped like school kids, they were only released after the government probably paid ransom.

I don't take Buhari's government serious.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:14pm On Feb 02, 2019
Anything for election

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by citruslimited(m): 11:14pm On Feb 02, 2019
[quote author=dre11 post=75352229]

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/02/02/buhari-orders-nnpc-to-extend-exploration-to-six-basins/amp/
The Independent National electorial commission, ( INEC ) of Nigeria.
Has released a new song in preparation for the up coming election !

Watch the video on the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsr3oppbYtc
Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Kingsleydr(m): 11:16pm On Feb 02, 2019
They're all secretly preparing for biafra..

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2019
Please invest more in education. The World is marching towards affordable and clean energy and Baba is thinking of sinking money for Crude exploration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by nephemmy(m): 11:19pm On Feb 02, 2019
Note : This ain't true...SAKAMAJE!!!
Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Wahala90: 11:19pm On Feb 02, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by Allee90: 11:19pm On Feb 02, 2019
Oil in the North Honestly I am in pain

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by newproject(m): 11:21pm On Feb 02, 2019
Since they hear say Atiku want to Sale .......... grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Orders NNPC To Extend Exploration To Six Basins (names) by KidsNEXTdoor: 11:26pm On Feb 02, 2019
Others are diversifying .. Oil is becoming worthless

Buhari is looking for oil in Chad basin and in the north

Nigeria is cursed with lifeless government... I swear

13 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Eulogizes Goodluck Jonathan / Hardship: Customs To Distribute Seized Food Items Nationwide / President Tinubu Departs Ondo, Arrives Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.