Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data (1622 Views)

My Laptop Consume So Much Electricity And Cause Power Surge / Hp Latops Consumes Too Much Internet Data / Nigerian Father Of Internet Easter Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data by nurez305(m): 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2019
Hello nairalander, please can anyone suggest what I can do to my laptop, it keep consuming my data at 1.5mb/s despite deactivating auto update. I have tried all my best to detect the application that is consuming my data but couldn't see it.

Please what could be the problem? Even without browsing or using my laptop, it will drained up to 3gig in a very short period of time. Please help me because I'm so fed up, I can't even use the system again due to this and it is affecting my project.

I will appreciate your assistance here. My Laptop is Dell with window 10

Thanks in advance
Re: Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data by Horlaidex(m): 5:34pm On Feb 02, 2019
nurez305:
Hello nairalander, please can anyone suggest what I can do to my laptop, it keep consuming my data at 1.5mb/s despite deactivating auto update. I have tried all my best to detect the application that is consuming my data but couldn't see it.

Please what could be the problem? Even without browsing or using my laptop, it will drained up to 3gig in a very short period of time. Please help me because I'm so fed up, I can't even use the system again due to this and it is affecting my project.

I will appreciate your assistance here. My Laptop is Dell with window 10

Thanks in advance

Are you using a WiFi or modem?
If it’s WiFi set your network as metered and it won’t consume much data anymore
Re: Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data by Gmajor(m): 5:59pm On Feb 02, 2019
This is one of the down sides of windows 10
Re: Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 02, 2019
Same with my laptop. I use windows 10. It consumes data too. Any solutions pls?
Re: Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data by brightk(m): 6:35pm On Feb 02, 2019
Where do you live. I can help u out on the updates
Re: Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data by nurez305(m): 6:38pm On Feb 02, 2019
Horlaidex:

Are you using a WiFi or modem?
If it’s WiFi set your network as metered and it won’t consume much data anymore
yes I set my network as metered and same thing still happening.

I don't know if formatting can help me solve this issue?
Re: Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data by nurez305(m): 6:39pm On Feb 02, 2019
brightk:
Where do you live. I can help u out on the updates
I leave in lagos on mainland, I will appreciate that sir
Re: Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data by EngrBouss(m): 12:45pm On Feb 03, 2019
did It begin when you starting using windows 10, if yes! Windows 10 is set to automatic update and lately the updates have been plentiful... I tell you because I use both windows on my Mac and desktop and feel the heat. Try googling how to stop automatic windows 10 update.
Re: Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 04, 2019
downgrade to windows 7

1 Like

Re: Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 04, 2019
as @EngrBouss mentioned, you guys will need to disable the automatic windows update.

Microsoft executes Windows 10 updates without informing the users in advance. This is to optimize the server capacity, but at the expense of user speed and data consumption.

You can disable the automatic windows update using the Windows Update service. Via Control Panel > Administrative Tools, you can access Services.
In the Services window, scroll down to Windows Update and turn off the process.
You can turn it off by right-clicking on the process, click on Properties and select Disabled. That will take care of Windows Updates not being installed on your machine.

I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Help! My Laptop Consume A Lot Of Internet Data by essay123(m): 4:37am On Mar 12, 2019
I had the same issue when i started using windows 10 and i have the solution for you. When you get connected to wireless or which ever. Click on the network icon, click on your connected network, then click on properties. Then you scroll down to where you have Metered Connection and turn it on. Trust me this is what saved me.

(1) (Reply)

UPDATED: LAPTOP Deals!!! / I Need Laptop Recommendations / I Am Having Problems With Downloading Yahoo Messenger Pls Somebody Rescue Me Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.