Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,989 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

After Conducting A Survey On TRIBAL MARKS, The Result Shows How People Feel Abou - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / After Conducting A Survey On TRIBAL MARKS, The Result Shows How People Feel Abou (1484 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shows Off Newborn Baby’s Tribal Marks / Baby Girl's Face Mutilated With Tribal Marks (Photo) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

After Conducting A Survey On TRIBAL MARKS, The Result Shows How People Feel Abou by kemejack: 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2019
To begin with,

What’s Tribal Mark?

Simply a scarification of one or several body part specifically for identification and beautification.

This act is practiced in many African countries like Nigeria, Congo, Mali, Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya, Egypt etc…

The inscription of this marks are usually during childhood and could be achieved by cutting or burning the skin! Trust me it’s always painful.

Tribal marks may be practiced more in Africa but scarification is a worldwide thing!

Let me relate a white dude scarification story

Blair McLean had a scar on his hand, instead of plastic surgery or makeup to solve the scar issue, he opted for more scarring – this time, he define the nature and location of scar so it appears beautiful to him.

Scarification is offered in many tattoo and piercing stores across Europe, South America and North America, and has gained popularity in recent years.

It involves a process in which one’s skin is cut or burned to create a inkless tattoo-like scar. Though you may not be familiar with this scarification thing but it has been on for ages!

Back to African tribal marks!

https://Viral.africa conducted a little social media survey, we asked our Facebook community ‘what is their take on tribal marks’, the answers we got is worth sharing.

Let’s dive in;

1 “From my discovery I found out that tribal mark was used by white men in the slave trade to distinguish between the tribes they are selling out In their colonial days and to make sure they are found if any escaped from the camp,so at this current age if you still tatoo tribal mark, you are still making ur self a slave of the colonial days.”
2 “Tradition is a belief or behavior passed down within a group or society with symbolic meaning or special significance with origins in the past. You see this tribal thing, i don't agree it beautification because it’s without the child's consent, the child was born growing up realizing he's got a horrific looking marks on his cheeks, it could make the child different among his friends, feeling embarrassed, rejected, not having to say what's up with him or her. Why can't they just wait until the kid is grown and ask what he or she feels about it...... It could be for identification, you could see the difference in the picture above, one could easily say of which household or tribe he or she is from....... This thing we are talking about is already a part of them and it could be changed if only there's a law against it......”
3 “Oh come on! This is ancient tradition, who practice such in this 21th century? Is more like disfiguring one's beauty with serious pains. Though it’s tradition and I respect that fact but it has to be stopped. This is frightening, horrific and appalling.”
4 “I am a victim of tribal mark. I speak very well but in any social gathering I feel stigmatized.”
Full gist... https://viral.africa/omg/how-people-feel-about-tribal-marks/

Re: After Conducting A Survey On TRIBAL MARKS, The Result Shows How People Feel Abou by kemejack: 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2019
Lots of people feel embarrassed about their tribal marks.
So we put up SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO GET RIDE OF THE SCARS‼️

Though tribal marks are inscribed for beautification but many still feel bad about the scars, see how many feel about tribal marks!

I’m only recommending the following 2 ways to get rid of tribal marks because it works;

Natural home remedy
Artificial remedy
1 Natural Home Remedy
Lot’s of people are saying “aloe Vera, tomato.. could take off tribal marks” we disagree! Though the glycoprotein contents available in aloe Vera can strengthen collagen structures, it can only heal it about 10%.

So what then can heal it about 60%

Lemon juice!

Why we recommend it

The vitamin C in lemon helps boost the production of collagen which aids scar repair. Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent which can even out your skin tone fast. It’s also a natural exfoliate!

Let’s dive into how it’s done

All you’ll need is fresh lemon and a cotton pad.

Procedure

Wash your face with a mild soap and pat it dry with a towel.
Squeeze out about 2 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Deep the cotton pad into the lemon juice and dab its juice onto the affected areas.
Leave it on for 20 minutes.
Then wash off the lemon juice with a mild cleanser and dry area with clean towel!
That’s it!

Please note: Expect drastic improvements in two months, and remember to carry out the procedure once in two days! Make sure lemon is well preserved, bad lemon won’t work as expected!

2 Artificial remedy
I don’t recommend plastic surgery in taking off scars but it sure works 85% of the time if done by an experienced expert!

I recommend the following;

Fillers
A substance such as collagen, hyaluronic acid, or fat can be used to fill out affected area. Since fillers are eventually absorbed into your skin, you will have to repeat filler injections, usually every few months, depending on the type of product used. There is no downtime for recovery from this treatment. For Full yarn enter >> https://viral.africa/lifestyle/how-to-get-rid-of-scars-like-tribal-marks/

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Nigeria's Most Powerful And Influential Monarch? / Some Untold Facts About Bayelsa State. / Igbo Recognised As An Official Language In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.