Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,821 members, 7,806,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Opinion: Religion/christianity In Nigeria Is Self Centeredness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: Religion/christianity In Nigeria Is Self Centeredness (339 Views)

Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Religion/christianity In Nigeria Is Self Centeredness by MrSix: 8:23am On Feb 03, 2019
The lot of the religious folks around don't care about you. It worsens if you're not a member of same church nor faith. Even if same church, if you're not in their clan, you're nothing to them.
Worst of it all, if you don't practice their faith.

Listen to the prayer points raised in congregations/crusades/vigils you'd see that most of them are about self and killing or wishing bad for others. And during when those prayers are raised, the seriousness of the participants are hiked.

If it's not self, there wouldn't be more churches than factories in Nigeria.
If it isn't self, you wouldn't be praying for enemies to die. Enemies that don't know they're your enemies.
If it isn't self, Nigeria would keep "God dey" and get up and work instead of putting loads on people.

This is, Christians should just stop being selfish.
Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Religion/christianity In Nigeria Is Self Centeredness by JeromeBlack: 8:32am On Feb 03, 2019
Religion in Nigeria is no different from politics- greed, corruption and power-grabbing.
Re: Opinion: Religion/christianity In Nigeria Is Self Centeredness by Blakjewelry(m): 8:35am On Feb 03, 2019
let me go prepare my shot
Re: Opinion: Religion/christianity In Nigeria Is Self Centeredness by naijapips04: 9:21am On Feb 03, 2019
Christians are the most selfish people I know.
Re: Opinion: Religion/christianity In Nigeria Is Self Centeredness by MrSix: 12:30pm On Feb 03, 2019
JeromeBlack:
Religion in Nigeria is no different from politics- greed, corruption and power-grabbing.

It's a disease they use a supernatural being to camouflage.
Re: Opinion: Religion/christianity In Nigeria Is Self Centeredness by MrSix: 12:33pm On Feb 03, 2019
naijapips04:
Christians are the most selfish people I know.
It's in their blood.
All they'd say is "God dey," "all is well," etc without doing anything.

Nigeria is in a mess and someone decided to build the largest church auditorium in the world. When you ask him, he'd say it's God's vision.
Re: Opinion: Religion/christianity In Nigeria Is Self Centeredness by MrSix: 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2019
Blakjewelry:
let me go prepare my shot
Lols...
Oga calm down

(1) (Reply)

What Are You Thankful For Today? / How / Bullet Prayer Points Against Working In Vain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.