Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink (5871 Views)

Mtn F@stlink Zte Mf627 Unable To Install Wahala / Mtn Zte Mf627 F@stlink Would'nt Install.please Help Needed Urgently.! / Mtn F@stlink Software Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by TCDURU(m): 12:43am On Aug 20, 2010
Hi Guyz,

I unlocked my MTN F@stLink, created a Network Profile for Zain and for some time now I've been using the F@stLink with Zain SIM.

Recently I created another profile for GLO (after activating the Glo SIM) but it couldn't connect. ERROR Message: "Could not establish connection to the remote computer, so the port used for the connection was closed".

But when I used the Glo SIM in a friend's Zain Modem (after creating GLO Network Profile) it worked perfectly. Does this mean MTN F@stLink and Glo SIM do not work together?

Please I need your urgent assistance/replies.
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by lynxnoon(m): 12:57am On Aug 20, 2010
if ur mtn modem ia a hauwei type, den sorry it wont work
works only on mtn zte models for now undecided
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by esosa4real(m): 9:21am On Aug 20, 2010
Please yall i think i had this same problem yesterday and was wondering why, now i know, but please if ur modem is actully unlocked, wch networks can u use em with, i have an unlocked huawei modem, and also, assuming zain is able to work, do i just put the sim and connect or i do create a network profile for zain?, if yes pleae how? thanksss.
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by lynxnoon(m): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2010
esosa4real:

Please yall i think i had this same problem yesterday and was wondering why, now i know, but please if your modem is actully unlocked, wch networks can u use em with, i have an unlocked huawei modem, and also, assuming zain is able to work, do i just put the sim and connect or i do create a network profile for zain?, if yes pleae how? thanksss.
all networks will work except glo
u will have to create network profile for each sim u want to use
for the settings check individual websites for settings or insert d sim in a phone dat can browse, preferably a 3G phone and check for the settitngs in the connection section
cheers wink
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by TCDURU(m): 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2010
What could be the effect of flashing the Modem with a software?
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by Beehandz(m): 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
I just bot a Glo Huawei Moderm, I Unlocked it, but the Glo Sim is always disconecting every minute. Pls wat can i do to rectify dz? also, wat the APN, Acces no, and Password to set the profile for MTN, ZAIN and ETISALAT on any Unlock moderm.

Will appreciate a prompt response
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by lynxnoon(m): 11:52am On Dec 24, 2010
Beehandz:

I just bot a Glo Huawei Moderm, I Unlocked it, but the Glo Sim is always disconecting every minute. Pls wat can i do to rectify dz? also, wat the APN, Acces no, and Password to set the profile for MTN, ZAIN and ETISALAT on any Unlock moderm.
Will appreciate a prompt response
it's either your glo network is messing up or the network signal is not strong enough in your are (change to "gsm/edge/2G only" n try to connect again, it shud be stable wink)
As per the settings of other networks, check their site or insert the sim in a compartible phone and check the access points in the connection settings
cheers
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by jaysay(m): 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2010
i've got the answer to all your querries.

I am accessing this page from my E71 that is for sale***

Its not much an interesting experience.
So, let me finish my food. *** i neva eat morring food***

Whem am done eating. I'd reply from
My computer.

Check the technology matket for:
#NokiaE71 for auction. Auction closes
Midnight today. Highest bidder picks
It.
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by jaysay(m): 1:16pm On Dec 25, 2010
lynxnoon:

if your mtn modem ia a hauwei type, den sorry it wont work
works only on mtn zte models for now undecided

that was exactly what I was told. But, my Glo woks in an MTN huawei 156g modem
now. I have also helped more people achieve same success.

The mtn huawei modem has to be reset to factory setting. it was deactivated for mtn
by huawei. Using ATEX command with an earlier version of windows operating system system,
windows xp or windows vista.

the application you need there is called #Hyperterminal.

you'd insert the modem: unlocked modem, into the computer.
lunch the #Hyperterminal programme and use the factory recet
set of code and instructions.

*** you can get those codes by searching the internet,
or you could get it from me.

After resetting it to factory setting, you'd restart the modem; remove
from the computer, and put it again. you'd notice that what you'd have would be as seen below.

In this case, I did not change the firmware.

Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by jaysay(m): 1:21pm On Dec 25, 2010
the glo network recognises it as NDIS,
while MTN sees it as RAS (modem)
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by dre901(m): 9:13pm On Dec 26, 2010
@jaysay

Am also having the same problem, anytime I insert my glo sim in my mtn fastlink modem, it does not work at all. Please we need to talk, my email dre901@gmail.com I need some more clarifications. Thanks in advance. Happy Year in advance.
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by fishman(m): 9:20am On Jul 19, 2011
please i appreciate your contribution but please can someone drop behind the settings for an airtel sim on mtn fastlink
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by RapidBTS: 10:59pm On Dec 25, 2012
::.

Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by RapidBTS: 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2012
Mtn

Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by Chikebrain: 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2012
For all who complained about your modem not working with fastlink after been unlocked, i'll advise that you create a new profile for the network you wanna use. below are the necessary settings needed for almost all network.

GLO
APN: gloflat
Username: flat
Password: flat

Airtel
APN: internet.ng.airtel.com
Username: internet
Password: internet

Etisalat
APN: etisalat
Username: (blank)
Password: (blank)

That should do the trick. If you still have issues you can mail me on chike.louis@yahoo.com or follow me on twitter @chikebrain
Thanks and compliments of the season
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by Rexyl(m): 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2012
Chikebrain: For all who complained about your modem not working with fastlink after been unlocked, i'll advise that you create a new profile for the network you wanna use. below are the necessary settings needed for almost all network.

GLO
APN: gloflat
Username: flat
Password: flat

Airtel
APN: internet.ng.airtel.com
Username: internet
Password: internet

Etisalat
APN: etisalat
Username: (blank)
Password: (blank)

That should do the trick. If you still have issues you can mail me on chike.louis@yahoo.com or follow me on twitter @chikebrain
Thanks and compliments of the season

yea, these settings work
Re: Help: My Glo Sim Is Not Connecting With My Mtn F@stlink by Chikebrain: 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2012
Rexyl:

yea, these settings work
Glad to help anytime.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!! HP PROBOOK 440 G1 Core i5 (4th Gen) , 4gb RAM @60k / I Need A Hp Pavilion Dv9500 / Migrating From Glo Instant Surf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.