Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,440 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (131381 Views)

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / Does Culture Define The Way Nigerian Men Act In Relationships To A Large Extent? / Colonial Alaigbo (Igboland) in Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2010
Why are you trying to claim other people's land as part of your little landlocked real estate!!
We all know the borders of iboland, why the cyber land grab!!!

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2010
You don't know the borders of Igboland!! If you did you wouldn't hav made the last post!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2010
I created this thread, because it seems like people who reside outside the East do not know the true extent of Igboland. Even some Igbos do not know how widespread our people are. Igboland touches Edo State, makes inroads into Benue State and includes parts of Rivers and Cross Rivers State.

We all know this deals with politics. Not an Igbo supremacy thread. It shows the true extent of Igboland. We already know where Hausaland is, we already know where Yorubaland is, but when it comes to Igboland, people get confused.

Our region alone shows that it makes up 70% of the entire East.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2010
komando:

You don't know the borders of Igboland!! If you did you wouldn't hav made the last post!

Trust me, Edo and and Delta are not part of iboland, so also is Port-Harcourt!!!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2010
Aigbofa:

Why are you trying to claim other people's land as part of your little landlocked real estate!!
We all know the borders of iboland, why the cyber land grab!!!

Aigbofa,

You were doing very well this past week as we both battled that ignorant Shuwa Arab. Why start the madness now? I know you couldn't resist.

What is the original name of Port Harcourt? Hmmmmm Do you know? 

It is[b] Igwe Ocha[/b]! Everyone in the East knows that. The Ijaw and the Ogoni could never claim Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt).
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by bkbabe97y(m): 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2010
komando:

Qoute from zidi

Point of correction:we didn't whine. It was your 'friend' bk who went crying like a crybaby in the nairalands section that the Igbos were giving him a bruising, when he started the whole attack.LoL. So much for being a gangstar in rickers island.

Ibos give me a "bruising"?!?!? lol. Well, its not unlike an Ibo man to lie even to Jesus. . . . I've decided to refrain from engaging in ur illiteracy-induced antics, so please spare me! Go back to stealing other's lands while I go back to trying to mate with as many Ibo gals as I can off of NL!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

Our region alone shows that it makes up 70% of the entire East.

You are very correct, East of river Niger. Anywhere west of river Niger or below Imo State is mere daydreaming. A cheap imitation of Becommerich!!!!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2010
Aigbofa:

You are very correct, East of river Niger. Anywhere west of river Niger or below Imo State is mere daydreaming. A cheap imitation of Becommerich!!!!

What about the Delta Igbo?

Lets look at an ethnic map of Delta State.

Ika, Ukwuani and Aniocha are all West of the River Niger. Don't they count?

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

What is the original name of Port Harcourt? Hmmmmm Do you know?  

It is[b] Igwe Ocha[/b]! Everyone in the East knows that. The Ijaw and the Ogoni could never claim Igwe Ocha (Port Harcourt).

Eko is an Edo name for Lagos, does that make Lagos part of Benin?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Ibime(m): 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2010
The Igbo experience in fishery does not extend beyond importing okporoko from the Norwegians. Ezeuche may be right, Alaigbo isnt landlocked. . . . . its land padlocked!  grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2010
@ Bk
First of all, the sayed post is there in the Nairalands section for all who care to see. We all heared you cry like the 'girl' you are. Have you forgotten the guy who asked you"BK na so e dey pain you?" One more denial from you and I will import your damning sob stories. It was shameful seeing the "fearless" bk finally breaking down in tears, arm twisted beyond endurance by the insufferable Igbo.One could imagine you in tears as you finally bit the dust,humbled by the mighty Igbo nation whom you chose to taunt. At least you now know your limits. Now run along boy. Go take daddy's lollipop. LOL. Don't make me laugh.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2010
Ibime:

The Igbo experience in fishery does not extend beyond importing okporoko from the Norwegians. Ezeuche may be right, Alaigbo isnt landlocked. . . . . its land padlocked!  grin grin grin

Okporoko from Norwegians!!!!  grin grin grin LOL
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2010
Quote from Bk
I go back to trying to mate with as many Ibo gals as I can off of NL!
Komando pretends that what bk just said is true, and replies:
"I'm happy to hear you are enjoying Igbo kitty. Nothing is as sweet as Igbo kitty. (Bends and whispers into Bk's ear) make sure you marry one."
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
@ a Igbo fa

The acknowledgement and the welcoming of NdiIgbo is the begining of development.Look at Governor Suswan. We are going to develop his state because he praised us. That is a smart man for you, not what some people are doing in this topic, denegrating NdiIgbo from morning to night. Better be happy that you have us.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by RichyBlacK(m): 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2010
The problem with some posters on Nairaland who, because of their ignorance of areas outside their immediate vicinity, is that they assume the universe projects their ignorance.

A key attribute of some of these pathetically ignorant posters is that an ethnic group is bounded by certain states in a specific geographical zone. For example, to those living in this House of Ignorance, Yorubaland comprises solely of the following six states: Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Osun and Ekiti. To these poorly schooled fellows, Yorubaland does not extend to Kwara and Kogi because Kwara and Kogi are outside of the South-West geographical zone, despite the glaring fact that there are indigenous Yoruba populations in both Kwara and Kogi states.

Well, outside this shameless House of Ignorance, resides those who know better.

To think that Igboland comprises only the five states in the South-East geographical zone (Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo) is hopeless ignorance and a testament to the sad state of education in some parts of Nigeria.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 2:27pm On Aug 20, 2010
Gbam!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2010
Aigbofa:

Eko is an Edo name for Lagos, does that make Lagos part of Benin?

Yet, SOME of you Yorubas erroneously claim Lagos as yours, but it originally belonged to Benin.

Port Harcourt has always belonged to the Igbo and we still make up the largest inhabitants of that town. That is our jewel besides Enugu.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2010
RichyBlacK:

The problem with some posters on Nairaland who, because of their ignorance of areas outside their immediate vicinity, is that they assume the universe projects their ignorance.

A key attribute of some of these pathetically ignorant posters is that an ethnic group is bounded by certain states in a specific geographical zone. For example, to those living in this House of Ignorance, Yorubaland comprises solely of the following six states: Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Osun and Ekiti. To these poorly schooled fellows, Yorubaland does not extend to Kwara and Kogi because Kwara and Kogi are outside of the South-West geographical zone, despite the glaring fact that there are indigenous Yoruba populations in both Kwara and Kogi states.

Well, outside this shameless House of Ignorance, resides those who know better.

To think that Igboland comprises only the five states in the South-East geographical zone (Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo) is hopeless ignorance and a testament to the sad state of education in some parts of Nigeria.

Mr. Well schooled, highly intelligent cartographer. Who could have figured this out, other than your highly intelligent self. Even einstein could not have figured out all these "new facts" you highlighted.

Ibos, I tire for una. There are only five eastern states period. And I hardly ever hear anyone outside of these states claiming to be ibo, not so Yorubas outside of Southwest.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 2:42pm On Aug 20, 2010
Honestly, I've never understood this outright denial of Igbo indigenous claims, south of Imo (especially in Bonny). . . Anyway, out of curiosity, could someone (not from Abia, Imo, Anambra, Enugu, or Ebonyi) provide a definition for/of the 'Igbo'?

. . . maybe the miscommunication is in the definition. . .
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2010
Aigbofa:

Ibos, I tire for una. There are only five eastern states period. And I hardly ever hear anyone outside of these states claiming to be ibo, not so Yorubas outside of Southwest.

What? Are you trying to say the Anioma Igbos of Delta State never claim Igbo? Are you trying to say the Igbo communities in Rivers, Cross River and Benue never claim Igbo?

You must have lost your mind. U dey craze.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

Yet, SOME of you Yorubas erroneously claim Lagos as yours, but it originally belonged to Benin.

Port Harcourt has always belonged to the Igbo and we still make up the largest inhabitants of that town. That is our jewel besides Enugu.

Yorubas erroneously claim Lagos? Don't make me laugh.

Port Harcourt belongs to ibo as Falklands belongs to Argentina.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Honestly, I've never understood this outright denial of Igbo indigenous claims, south of Imo (especially in Bonny). . . Anyway, out of curiosity, could someone (not from Abia, Imo, Anambra, Enugu, or Ebonyi) provide a definition for/of the 'Igbo'?

. . . maybe the miscommunication is in the definition. . .

EzeUche, this is the question you should be asking yourself!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2010
Ibos, I tire for una. There are only five eastern states period.
And Governor Amaechi is Yoruba.LOL.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2010
@ Aigbofa
Y'all claim that Nzeogwu's coup was an Igbo coup, and yet you deny him his Igbo ethnicity because he comes from outside the South East. Talk about sitting a fact on it's head.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
Aigbofa:

Yorubas erroneously claim Lagos? Don't make me laugh.

Port Harcourt belongs to ibo as Falklands belongs to Argentina.

Well the Falklands should belong to Argentina so what are you saying? Bad analogy.   grin

I do not like your attempts to make Igboland landlocked. I do not like how you are trying to put the Igbo solely in the southeast.

This is our traditional borders and no one can ever take that away.

Before you were born, this was Alaigbo, today it is Alaigbo, and when you die it will remain Alaigbo.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2010
@ AigbofaY'all claim that Nzeogwu's coup was an Igbo coup, and yet you deny him his Igbo ethnicity because he comes from outside the South East. Talk about sitting a fact on it's head.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2010
We Igbos are united by our language and some cultural aspects. But mainly our language.

Just like Germany has distinct regions with their own cultures, they are still united by there language which is Germany.

I have a harder time understanding someone from Afikpo who are still Igbo then I have understand a person from Ngwaland or Ikwerre. Even though I hail from Arochukwu.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 20, 2010
komando:

@ Aigbofa
Y'all claim that Nzeogwu's coup was an Igbo coup, and yet you deny him his Igbo ethnicity because he comes from outside the South East. Talk about sitting a fact on it's head.

Sir, you just shot yourself in the foot. It was ibos who were denying Nzeogwu right on this forum!! Yet when it is convenient for you, you claim his homeland as yours.
This is duplicity of the highest order!!
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2010
As I guessed, no answer to that one. Abeg Igbos be united from Igwe Ocha(rivers) to Aniocha (anambra).
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by komando: 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2010
Sir, you just shot yourself in the foot. It was ibos who were denying Nzogwu right on this forum!! Yet when it is convenient for you, you claim his homeland as yours.This is duplicity of the highest order!!

That is just like saying that Afonja is not Yoruba because he is from Illorin. That would be a great fallacy.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2010
Aigbofa:

Sir, you just shot yourself in the foot. It was ibos who were denying Nzeogwu right on this forum!! Yet when it is convenient for you, you claim his homeland as yours.
This is duplicity of the highest order!!

We were not denying him. Just said that he was raised in Hausaland, and this is where his body was placed. In Kaduna. But his family came from Asaba so what does that tell you?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

We were not denying him. Just said that he was raised in Hausaland, and this is where his body was placed. In Kaduna. But his family came from Asaba so what does that tell you?

His family came from Asaba, yes, what should it tell us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply)

18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage / Do You Consider Somalis As Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.