Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,322 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:29 PM

9 Men Nabbed Over Defilement Of 14-year-old Girl - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 9 Men Nabbed Over Defilement Of 14-year-old Girl (309 Views)

3 Arrested Over Rape Of Mentally Ill Woman, Defilement Of Minors In Adamawa / Dad In Court Over Defilement Of Five-year-old Daughter In Lagos / 2 Nigerian Men Nabbed In A Hotel With Cocaine Enroute Saudi Arabia. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9 Men Nabbed Over Defilement Of 14-year-old Girl by agwom(m): 9:32am On Feb 04, 2019
Nine people have been arrested in connection with the alleged defilement of a 14-year-old girl in Ingawa town of Katsina State.

The suspects are Ali Isah, 68; Ayuba Sada, 65; Danjuma Sale, 62; Ibrahim Saidu, 46; Salisu Dahiru, 46 and Ibrahim Mohammed, 38.

Others are Yahaya Salisu, 40, Shehu Umar, 55, and Ibrahim Umar, 45.

Parading the suspects before journalists at the weekend, the Katsina State police command spokesman, SP Gambo Isah, said the suspects, all of Ingawa town, have at different times had sexual intercourse with the victim.

It was gathered that the victim’s mother noticed unusual behaviour from her daughter and confronted her which led the girl to mention one Ibrahim as the one having sex with her.

Upon his arrest, and during interrogation by police the victim reportedly mentioned the other eight persons who had at different times and places took advantage of her.

One of the suspects, Ali Isah, 68, said “It was the work of devil and I regret my actions. I had sex with her. I seek forgiveness. It is a thing I did three years ago and only came up now.”

It was gathered further that the suspects have since been charged to court and are all facing rape charges.

Sources at the court said the case would be coming up on February 28.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/9-men-nabbed-over-defilement-of-14-year-old-girl.html

(1) (Reply)

91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty / 500 Chad Troops Enter Nigeria To Help Tackle Boko Haram / Kajuru Killings: Kaduna State To Institute Judicial Commission Of Inquiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.