Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,807 members, 7,806,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body (39993 Views)

Do You Have Trypophobia? (Disturbing Photos) / A Healthy Liver Vs A Liver Damaged By Alcohol (Disturbing Photo) / Different Types Of Marijuana (weed) And Effects On Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by Leadn(m): 1:16pm On Feb 04, 2019
StoneLucifer:
Very vague and poor research. What type of cancer will alcohol cause.. Be specific pls..

Drinking alcohol increases the risk of mouth cancer, pharyngeal (upper throat) cancer, oesophageal (food pipe) cancer, laryngeal (voice box) cancer, breast cancer, bowel cancer and liver cancer.
Read up here. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/causes-of-cancer/alcohol-and-cancer/does-alcohol-cause-cancer
Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by emmadejust(m): 1:17pm On Feb 04, 2019
grin God love the world of men and he blessed us with his son Jesus who turn water to wine and man modified it to beer grin cheesy grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by Galaticos444: 1:18pm On Feb 04, 2019
GudluckIBB:
IF Everybody takes these points,
how will the likes of Nigerian Breweries and Guiness make Money? grin grin
and d unemployment rate will skyrock
Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by elonize(m): 1:20pm On Feb 04, 2019
nickxtra:
Some took alcohol and lived to 100 years,
Some took same alcohol and do not live near 60 years
It's all about moderation and responsible drinking

This year, I refuse to drink irresponsibly. Amen
cheesy cheesy
Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by delivryboy: 1:23pm On Feb 04, 2019
Alcohol is a leading cause of Permanent Memory Loss and severe brain damage.
Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by Displacement676(m): 1:33pm On Feb 04, 2019
Alcohol is good. What is bad is too much of alcohol

Check my signature to migrate to Canada

1 Like

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by nanakgh(m): 1:38pm On Feb 04, 2019
nepapole:
Drink ooo....no drink ooo, na death sure pass. I dont drink sha.

Lmao. Exactly. As if people who don't drink are immortal.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by frowland(m): 1:39pm On Feb 04, 2019
Number one explains why I have only girls.
Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by error4040: 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2019
Injiggerwolf:
There is only way to find out,..... I need to call Master Bo Ra Cho (Drunken Master) grin
this is my best post from any nairalander this 2019 grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
Lies
Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by tareigns(m): 1:51pm On Feb 04, 2019
Baawaa:
Drunkard this post is you
U just spoke like someone who is high...error on your part I guess
Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by Sluvist(m): 1:52pm On Feb 04, 2019
I'm not sure.
Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by tareigns(m): 2:00pm On Feb 04, 2019
delivryboy:
Alcohol is a leading cause of Permanent Memory Loss and severe brain damage.
Alcohol isn't the leading cause,Medications is. Especially those over the counter kind of medications. Here is what you should know bout alcohol....

Alcohol. Drinking too much alcohol can interfere with short-term memory, even after the effects of alcohol have worn off. Although “too much” varies from person to person, it’s best to stick with the recommendation of no more than two drinks per day for men and no more than one a day for women. One drink is generally defined as 1.5 ounces (1 shot glass) of 80-proof spirits, 5 ounces of wine, or 12 ounces of beer. Cheers

3 Likes

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by Kalashnikov102(m): 2:06pm On Feb 04, 2019
Until we vote Buhari out I wee not stop drinking

1 Like

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by Olajah81: 2:08pm On Feb 04, 2019
My uncle of 80 years still dey drink oooo

I don't believe diz jagons here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by CheedyJ(m): 2:19pm On Feb 04, 2019
If I no drink my beer,wetin I gain.. Just drink responsibly & don't make it an habit..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by Baawaa(m): 2:22pm On Feb 04, 2019
tareigns:
U just spoke like someone who is high...error on your part I guess
don't forget Cossy is your sister grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by tareigns(m): 2:30pm On Feb 04, 2019
Baawaa:

don't forget Cossy is your sister grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Torr... She be human being na. A popular Nigerian one at that.

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by dimelo: 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2019
StoneLucifer:
Very vague and poor research. What type of cancer will alcohol cause.. Be specific old.

just taking alcohol doesn't cause cancer
but
taking much overtime can lead to cirrhosis (cancer of the liver)
Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by Hoodbilonia: 2:37pm On Feb 04, 2019
Canned goldberg only
Wit my bag of weed

1 Like

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by SweetBuns(f): 2:48pm On Feb 04, 2019
Injiggerwolf:
There is only way to find out,..... I need to call Master Bo Ra Cho (Drunken Master) grin
Mortal Combat

1 Like

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by Cheredeux(m): 3:00pm On Feb 04, 2019
GudluckIBB:
IF Everybody take these points,
how will the likes of Nigerian Breweries and Guiness make Money? grin grin
would you rather risk or lose your life for the Nigerian Breweries to make money.[/color][color=#550000]
Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by JeffreyJames(m): 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2019
Na everything dey cause Cancer for una. undecided

You drink Alcohol o, you go die
You no drink Alcohol o, you go still die

Me I will prefer to drink and die!!

For the smart mouth that will come and tell me "it will reduce lifespan" well my 91 years old grandpa is still alive and I know the kind of alcohol that man took. So Biko, move front with your opinion.

1 Like

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by ariesbull: 3:34pm On Feb 04, 2019
agylistic77:
Is it only alcohol? what about drug abuse..
The importance of alcohol should also be stated so that one can make choice either to drink it or not.

7 Health Benefits Of Drinking Alcohol
It Can Lower Your Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease. ...
It Can Lengthen Your Life. ...
It Can Improve Your Libido. ...
It Helps Prevent Against the Common Cold. ...
It Can Decrease Chances Of Developing Dementia. ...
It Can Reduce The Risk Of Gallstones. ...
Lowers The Chance Of Diabetes.

1. It Can Lower Your Risk Of Cardiovascular Disease
The School of Public Health at Harvard University found that "moderate amounts of alcohol raises levels of high-density lipoprotein, HDL, or 'good' cholesterol and higher HDL levels are associated with greater protection against heart disease. Moderate alcohol consumption has also been linked with beneficial changes ranging from better sensitivity to insulin to improvements in factors that influence blood clotting....Such changes would tend to prevent the formation of small blood clots that can block arteries in the heart, neck, and brain, the ultimate cause of many heart attacks and the most common kind of stroke." This finding is applicable to both men and women who have not been previously diagnosed with any type of cardiovascular disease.

2. It Can Lengthen Your Life
Drinking occasionally could add a few years to your life. A study by the Catholic University of Campobasso reported that drinking less than four or two drinks per day for men and women respectively could reduce the risk of death by 18 percent, as reported by Reuters. "Little amounts, preferably during meals, this appears to be the right way (to drink alcohol)," said Dr. Giovanni de Gaetano of Catholic University, another author on the study. "This is another feature of the Mediterranean diet, where alcohol, wine above all, is the ideal partner of a dinner or lunch, but that's all: the rest of the day must be absolutely alcohol-free."

3. It Can Improve Your Libido
Contrary to prior beliefs, newer research has found that moderate drinking might actually protect against erectile dysfunction in the same way that drinking red wine might benefit heart disease. In a 2009 study published in the, Journal of Sexual Medicine, researchers found that the chances of erectile dysfunction were reduced by 25 to 30 percent among alcohol drinkers. The lead researcher, Kew-Kim Chew, an epidemiologist at the University of West Australia, conducted the study with 1,770 Australian men. In his study, Chew cautiously noted that he and his team in no way are advising men to hit the bottle, and that further research is needed to accurately connect impotence and alcohol consumption.

4. It Helps Prevent Against the Common Cold
The Department of Psychology at Carnegie Mellon University found that while susceptibility to the common cold was increased by smoking, moderate alcohol consumption led to a decrease in common cold cases for nonsmokers. This study was conducted in 1993 with 391 adults. In 2002, according to the New York Times, Spanish researchers found that by drinking eight to 14 glasses of wine per week, particularly red wine, one could see a 60-percent reduction in the risk of developing a cold. The scientists suspected that this had something to do with the antioxidant properties of wine.

5. It Can Decrease Chances Of Developing Dementia
In a study that included more than 365,000 participants since 1977, as reported in the journal Neuropsychiatric Disease and Treatment, moderate drinkers were 23 percent less likely to develop cognitive impairment or Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. "Small amounts of alcohol might, in effect, make brain cells more fit. Alcohol in moderate amounts stresses cells and thus toughens them up to cope with major stresses down the road that could cause dementia," said Edward J. Neafsey, Ph.D., co-author of the study, as reported by Science Daily. "We don't recommend that nondrinkers start drinking," Neafsey said. "But moderate drinking — if it is truly moderate — can be beneficial."

6. It Can Reduce The Risk Of Gallstones
Drinking two units of alcohol per day can reduce the risk of gallstones by one-third, according to researchers at the University of East Anglia. The study found that those who reported consuming two UK units of alcohol per day had a one-third reduction in their risk of developing gallstones. "Researchers emphasized that their findings show the benefits of moderate alcohol intake but stress that excessive alcohol intake can cause health problems," according to the study.

7. Lowers The Chance Of Diabetes
Results of a Dutch study showed that healthy adults who drink one to two glasses per day have a decreased chance of developing type 2 diabetes, in comparison to those who don't drink at all. "The results of the investigation show that moderate alcohol consumption can play a part in a healthy lifestyle to help reduce the risk of developing diabetes type 2," researchers said in a statement to Reuters.

1 Like

Re: 5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body by moorevic(m): 3:52pm On Feb 04, 2019
Debramaye:
just smoke weed, similar highness with no hangover or shit, most people in the United States where I am (cos weed is legal in the state where my folks live) are into this recreational drug
Who asked you where you are. eh all these yeye akporokos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delta Hospital Stockpiles Corpses In The Open (Pictured) / What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? / Vaginal Tear Or Cut During Childbirth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.