Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Importance of Ayatul Kursi - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Importance of Ayatul Kursi (32099 Views)

Purpose & Importance Of Wudu / The Importance of the Day Of Arafat / The Importance Of Ayatul Kursiy And How It Saves A Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance of Ayatul Kursi by azharuddin: 12:46pm On Aug 20, 2010
Ayatul Kursi is Ayat no: 255 of Surat Al-Bakara. According to Hadith Prophet Muhammad (saw) have said it is the most important Ayat in the Quran. It is one of the four parts of Quran that are attach to Arsh(Allah's Throne) [others being Suratul Fathiha, Ayat no: 18,19 & 26,27 of Al-Imran].

There is great benefit on reciting Ayatul Kursi after every obligatory prayer, before sleeping etc, and it protects us from Shaitaan. The following are a few hadith that conveys its importance:-

Narrated by Muhammad bin Sirin: Abu Huraira said, "Allah's Apostle put me in charge of the Zakat of Ramadan (i.e. Zakat-ul-Fitr). Someone came to me and started scooping some of the foodstuff of (Zakat) with both hands. I caught him and told him that I would take him to Allah's Apostle." Then Abu Huraira told the whole narration and added "He (i.e. the thief) said, 'Whenever you go to your bed, recite the Verse of "Al-Kursi" (2.255) for then a guardian from Allah will be guarding you, and Satan will not approach you till dawn.' " On that the Prophet said, "He told you the truth, though he is a liar, and he (the thief) himself was the Satan."
Bukhari Volumn 004, Book 054, Hadith Number 495.

It was narrated from Ubayy ibn Ka’b that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) asked him "which aayah in the Book of Allaah was the greatest?". He said, “Allaah and His Messenger know best.” He repeated it several times, then he said, “Aayat al-Kursi.”   
    [Muslim]

It was narrated that Abu Umaamah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:“Whoever recites Aayat al-Kursiy immediately after each prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.”

Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (ra) narrates this (above) Hadith from Rasulallaah (saw), with the addition that "Whosoever recites it in a house wherein Shaitaan is, he (Shaitaan) will leave."

Imam Bihaqi (Ra) States:
The one who recites Ayatul Kursi before falling asleep, Allah gives protection to his/her home and his/her Family.

(Marqat Sharah Mishkaat, Mulla Ali Qaderi, vol. 2 pp. 583)

According to the Hadith the following are the times when Ayatul Kursi should be recited:
1. After every Fard Salaat. (Only thing that ll keep us waiting from entering Paradise will be death)
2. Just before sleep. (Allah will send Angels to guard us while we are asleep)
3. While leaving the house to go somewhere.
4. When we are in desperate situations.
5. Reciting it on our possessions will bring Barakah (blessing) to it.
6. It will protect our house and children from Shaitaan.

I didnt know Ayatul kursi byheart until recently, i learnt it by reciting it watching this video 3-5 times daily. By the end of the week i knew it byheart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ARFtBLza4
Re: Importance of Ayatul Kursi by chakula: 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2010
Jazakallah Khairan Akhy.
Re: Importance of Ayatul Kursi by azharuddin: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2010
[img]http://alqamardesigns.files./2007/06/ayatulkrusi.jpg[/img]

Allahu la ilaha ilia huwal-Hayyul-Qayyum.
Allah. There is no god but He, the Ever-Living, the One who takes care of all that exists.
La ta-khu-zhu-hu sinatun wa la nawm.
Nothing can make Him drowsy or make Him sleep
La hu ma fissamawati wa ma fil-ard
His are all things in the heavens and on earth.
Man dhallladhi yashfa 'ou 'indahu ilia bi idhnihi
Who is there can intercede in His presence unless He allows it?
Ya'lamu ma bayna aydiyhim wa ma khalfahum
He knows what (appears to His creatures as) before or after or behind them,
Wa la yu hiytoona bi shay-imman 'ilmihi Utah bi ma shaa-a
While they will never have any of HisKnowledge unless He wills.
Wa si'a kursiyuhus-samaawaati wal-ard
His 'Kursi' contains the heavens and the earth,
Wa la ya-ooduhu Hifzuhuma
and He doesn't feel tired in guarding and preserving them
Wahuwal- 'aliyul- 'azeem
for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).

Allah's names in this ayat:
Al-Hayy: [/b]The One who lives forever and has always lived.
[b]Al-Qayyum:
The One who survives by Himself, and looks after all by His Power.
Al-'Aliy : The Most High
Al-'Azeem : The Supreme, the Great, the Magnificent One.
Re: Importance of Ayatul Kursi by azharuddin: 6:11pm On May 25, 2013
Assalaamu alaikum everyone.

Do not forget to recite Ayatul Kursi after every Obligatory Salah. Its an easy way to get Jannah.

(1) (Reply)

Burial Of Abdukareem Abdullah, The Chief Imam Of Igbo Eze South, Enugu (Photos) / Sidi Manniru: Why We Performed Eid Prayer Today / 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.