Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Gay Vicar, 65, To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model Half His Age - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gay Vicar, 65, To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model Half His Age (1302 Views)

20-year-old Nigerian & His 65-year-old American Wife (Pictures) / Names That Make One Looks Older Than His Age / Homosexual Priest To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Vicar, 65, To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model Half His Age by snowdrops(m): 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2010
A 65-year-old vicar has stunned church bosses by announcing plans to 'marry' his 25-year-old Nigerian male model boyfriend.

Gay Reverend Colin Coward, a priest at St John the Baptist church in Devizes, Wiltshire, is entering into a civil partnership with his boyfriend Bobby Egbele.

But the marriage has caused a stir among Christians because the couple plan to receive a 'blessing' service in church after tying the knot.

Rev Coward has also refused to confirm that he will remain celibate following the union, which is a requirement the Church of England asks of its ordained gay clergy.

Today, Rev Coward, who lives with Bobby in Marston, near Devizes, revealed that he hopes his union sets a 'visible example' to other gay people within the church.

He said: 'My goal is for everyone within the church to feel comfortable with the situation because at the moment the majority of gay Christians marry secretly.

'It is a taboo subject but the church is now under huge pressure to change its stance and that pressure will only increase in the future.

Clearly the blessing is going to be quite a sensitive issue. I know that many people will see it and view it with horror.

'But we are both deeply committed Christians so it would be unthinkable for me not to do it in church and not to do it with the congregation and with all of our friends.

'I hope my wedding will inspire others and set a visible example to the church that we are not afraid.'

Reverend Coward realised he was gay as a teenager and was ordained as a priest in 1976 after giving up his job as an architect.

He came out openly as a gay vicar in 1991 before setting up the international gay and lesbian campaign group Changing Attitudes in 1995.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1304674/Gay-vicar-65-marry-Nigerian-male-model-half-age.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0x9BtVnZg

Re: Gay Vicar, 65, To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model Half His Age by Blueice4re(f): 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2010
This is unlawful and forbiden by God.
Re: Gay Vicar, 65, To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model Half His Age by UyiIredia(m): 2:46pm On Aug 20, 2010
Blueice4re:

This is unlawful and forbiden by God.
the notion of God >> is really becoming old school in light of modern thinking undecided >>> homosexuality has come of age with advances in economy, 'irreligious' ideologies, rationality, evolution, law e.t.c >>> the question of what is lawful & forbidden has changed >>> opposition to gay marriage is a bash on civil right_ actually it is !!! undecided undecided >>>>

so why is a Christian (me) writing such stuff >>> because the fact is gay has come to stay, all i can do is pray in the midst of the fray cool cool

my comment on the post >>> such are the times we are living in undecided
Re: Gay Vicar, 65, To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model Half His Age by tpiah: 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2010
and this made the news because?
Re: Gay Vicar, 65, To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model Half His Age by Travelista(f): 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2010
Wow, love is really blind because Bobby. . .is hurt in the face. Yikes! Anyway, I knew it was only a matter of time before gay couples begin to seek church blessings for their marriages.

What I do find strange is how the CoE allows gay clergy but demands that they remain celibate. Why allow them if you're going to treat them differently than their straight counterparts?
Re: Gay Vicar, 65, To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model Half His Age by spoilt(f): 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2010
that cant possibly be a model.
Re: Gay Vicar, 65, To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model Half His Age by prittigrrr(f): 1:35am On Aug 22, 2010
spoilt:

that cant possibly be a model.

Girl, you took the words right outta my mouth.
Re: Gay Vicar, 65, To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model Half His Age by chika98: 2:28am On Aug 22, 2010
That pimpled face fat boy is a model? Yeah my name is Tyra Banks then
Re: Gay Vicar, 65, To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model Half His Age by softgirl1: 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2010
na wa o end time sign may God help us all cry cry
Re: Gay Vicar, 65, To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model Half His Age by Jayjey(m): 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2011
it is irritating and diabolical.

(1) (Reply)

Still On Dana Crash!!! / How Do You Repay A Father That Never Believed In You? / The Term "Bastard"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.