Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Pope Francis, Grand Imam Of Egypt Kiss, Sign Document For World Peace - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pope Francis, Grand Imam Of Egypt Kiss, Sign Document For World Peace (525 Views)

NSCC Begins Drafting Of 10 Year Strategic Document For Ageing / Cheapest Typing Ever ...type Your Document For 50 Per Page. / Hell Does Not Exist - Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis, Grand Imam Of Egypt Kiss, Sign Document For World Peace by Rexcharlesblog: 8:53am On Feb 05, 2019
Pope Francis and the grand imam of Egypt's Al-Alzhar Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb on Monday met in Abu Dhabi, embraced each other and called for peace. The two religious leaders signed a statement with their hopes for world peace and human understanding.

The document was signed in the name of "all victims of wars, persecution and injustice; and those tortured in any part of the world, without distinction".

It said: "We resolutely declare that religions must never incite war, hateful attitudes, hostility and extremism, nor must they incite violence or the shedding of blood."

The grand imam of Egypt's Al-Azhar mosque and university, called on the Muslims in West Asia to "embrace" local Christian communities while telling the Christians that they are "citizens of this nation with full rights and responsibilities".

"Continue to embrace your brothers the Christian citizens everywhere, for they are our partners in our nation," said the grand imam, who is the highest seat of learning in Sunni Islam.

Pope Francis also called for full religious freedom in the Muslim- majority region, where restrictions are placed on non-Muslim expressions of faith. To promote "concrete paths of peace" people of different religions will have to come together, he said.

The pontiff also flagged the dangers of "fake news" after the boycott of Qatar by Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. The crisis had begun after Qatar's state-run news agency was hacked and fake items were published.

Sheikh Ahmed al-Tayeb had also hosted Pope Francis in 2017 to improve relations between Catholics and Muslims.

Pope Francis' 40-hour visit to Abu Dhabi culminates on Tuesday with the first-ever papal mass on the Arabian peninsula -- a gathering in which 135,000 people are expected to participate in a never-before-seen display of public Christian worship in the region.

They also signed the foundation stone for construction of a new ‘Church of Saint Francis’ and ‘Mosque of Grand Imam Ahmad Al-Tayyeb’ in Abu Dhabi. They will serve as beacons to uphold the values ​​of tolerance, moral integrity and human fraternity in the UAE.

More photos: http://www.torixus.com/2019/02/pope-francis-grand-imam-of-egypt-kiss.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Pope Francis, Grand Imam Of Egypt Kiss, Sign Document For World Peace by dedonfranco(m): 9:00am On Feb 05, 2019
One of the Best Pope of all time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis, Grand Imam Of Egypt Kiss, Sign Document For World Peace by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 05, 2019
The guy above me just helped me decide what I'm having for lunch. I'd probably have to marry an Igbo woman because my people don't have the diversity of Igbo food. And I looove Igbo food.

I have 50 brand new KEKE MARUWAS for hire purchase. Hit me up if you're not lazy.
07041748587. No whatsapp, no texts. Calls only.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Manganese Ore Exporter In Nigeria / Happening Now!!! Expressway Blocked As Indigenes Protest / Meet The Infinix Smart 3 And Smart 3 Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.