Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! (2455 Views)

Who Wan Marry These Girls ? / Do Not Marry Nigerian Girls. They Are Evil!!! / Why Don't Nigerian Guys Abroad Marry Nigerian Girls Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by tttn726: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2010
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1304674/Gay-vicar-65-marry-Nigerian-male-model-half-age.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Gay vicar, 65, to 'marry' Nigerian male model half his age
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 12:25 PM on 20th August 2010
Comments (36)
Add to My Stories
A 65-year-old vicar has stunned church bosses by announcing plans to 'marry' his 25-year-old Nigerian male model boyfriend.
Gay Reverend Colin Coward, a priest at St John the Baptist church in Devizes, Wiltshire, is entering into a civil partnership with his boyfriend Bobby Egbele.
But the marriage has caused a stir among Christians because the couple plan to receive a 'blessing' service in church after tying the knot.

Reverend Colin Coward fell in love with Nigerian model Bobby Egbele after they met at a Christian conference in Togo in 2007. The pair plan to tie the knot in October
Rev Coward has also refused to confirm that he will remain celibate following the union, which is a requirement the Church of England asks of its ordained gay clergy.
Today, Rev Coward, who lives with Bobby in Marston, near Devizes, revealed that he hopes his union sets a 'visible example' to other gay people within the church.
He said: 'My goal is for everyone within the church to feel comfortable with the situation because at the moment the majority of gay Christians marry secretly.
'It is a taboo subject but the church is now under huge pressure to change its stance and that pressure will only increase in the future.

More,
Catholic charity faces closure after losing appeal over gay adoption
'Clearly the blessing is going to be quite a sensitive issue. I know that many people will see it and view it with horror.
'But we are both deeply committed Christians so it would be unthinkable for me not to do it in church and not to do it with the congregation and with all of our friends.
'I hope my wedding will inspire others and set a visible example to the church that we are not afraid.'
Reverend Coward realised he was gay as a teenager and was ordained as a priest in 1976 after giving up his job as an architect.
He came out openly as a gay vicar in 1991 before setting up the international gay and lesbian campaign group Changing Attitudes in 1995.

Rev Coward plans to refuse the request that he remain celibate
Rev Coward met Bobby in 2007 at a Christian conference in Togo, West Africa, and the pair fell in love before getting engaged earlier this year.
Fashion designer and model Bobby, whose full name is Bobby Ikekhuame Egbele, grew up in Nigeria and runs an online clothing shop Bobafrique, where he models the clothes.
The pair are set to marry on October 9 at the Register Office in Devizes before having a service at St John the Baptist church.
However, the ceremony will be a Communion Eucharist service rather then a blessing, which is forbidden for homosexual couples.
Rev Coward said: 'Churches are not supposed to bless civil partnerships. It can bless almost anything else animals, bombs, battleships, armies going to war but gay couples? No.
'So our church blessing has to be carefully-worded in so far as it does not use the word blessing in the context of the two of us in relationship.'
Rev Coward's boss, the Right Reverend Stephen David Conway, who is the Bishop of Ramsbury, is also expected to ask him to remain celibate - a request he plans to refuse.
Under Church of England laws sex is only permitted for married couples and same-sex civil partnerships are not officially regarded as marriage.
Rev Coward said: 'I have big doubts whether he will ask me that because it's a very intrusive question. It's a ridiculous situation and a real mess.
'What we're allowed to do, as a gay couple, is what this is all about and certainly those in ordained ministry are not supposed to be sexually active.
'But in practice, some bishops absolutely will give their approval knowing that a couple is in a civil partnership and that they are sharing the same bed, and will encourage them to do that.'
A spokesman for the Diocese of Salisbury confirmed they have permitted the service to go ahead but described it as 'separate' from the civil ceremony.
He said: 'A Eucharistic service celebrating friendship is what has been sanctioned in this case. This is entirely separate from any civil partnership ceremony.'
Tony Green, spokesman for the Lesbian and Gay Christian Movement, believes the uncertain situation is a 'typically Anglican fudge'.
He said: 'The Bishops of the Church of England clearly did not want to be seen denying their priests something which is a legal right.
'Yet at the same time they had to uphold the official teaching of the Church of England concerning gay priests needing to be celibate.
'So for Bishops who oppose gay relationships, it is perhaps not surprising if they insist on the priests reaffirming their commitment to the Church's teaching.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1304674/Gay-vicar-65-marry-Nigerian-male-model-half-age.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0x9lYrmxb
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by omofat: 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2010
wow - interesting shocked
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by MrCork1: 3:44pm On Aug 20, 2010
huraaaay!!!   when is the weddin date?
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by omofat: 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2010
The pair are set to marry on[b] October 9 [/b]at the Register Office in Devizes

You go attend ?
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by omofat: 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
Mr Cork:

nah,I be in Hong kong by then

grin grin

shame - i been dey think say me with you for follow join go congratulate them cool - no wahala
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by InkedNerd(f): 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2010
Hmmm, I hope they invite me to their wedding grin lol
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by MrCork1: 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2010
Inked_Nerd, baby, why dont i invites u to my flat so we can whine, dine & 69!! tongue

Inked_Nerd, baby, Did you fart? Cuase you blew me away. (((baddesst Lyrics)))
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by tttn726: 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2010
Can't stop laughing at the comments

Naija people!!!

I half or just over half expected a debate and everything that comes with it; judgements, curses, sighs etc tongue

NB- a comment under the dailymail article made me laugh. A picture of the vicar and the Nigerian guy is in the newspaper and one comment was, "if that guy is a model, i have plenty of hope!"
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by double08(m): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2010
End time don near!!!!!!!
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by slex(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2010
Nigeria.

Must we be mentioned in everything and anything? cry
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by Ovems(f): 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2010
Na end time be dis o. Things are happenin. I tot d vicar vowed 2 celibacy,he's nt even marrying a woman, but a guy & thinks it's cool. Even advisin other vicars 2 do same. Wait o, Is he an agent of d devil? He even wants his marriage blessed, See his name sef.
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by googles: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2010
Mr Cork:

Inked_Nerd, baby, why dont i invites u to my flat so we can whine, dine & 69!! tongue

Inked_Nerd, baby, Did you fart? Cuase you blew me away. (((baddesst Lyrics)))

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

foolish man
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by MOBO444(f): 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2010
I find the story hard to believe, hope it was not arranged.
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by 5p1naz(m): 11:48pm On Aug 20, 2010

ok i figure say i ugly but i see d1s n1gga i get h0pe. . . if this p0tato head dude f1t m0del . . . . . . . .
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by InkedNerd(f): 11:59pm On Aug 20, 2010
LMAO, he is an ugly model. Maybe he models for acne product companies or something. There's a modeling agency here in New York for ugly people [really there is]
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by slex(m): 11:59pm On Aug 20, 2010
Model?? Who or wetin this dude dey model for, shocked  Rat poison?
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by 5p1naz(m): 12:42am On Aug 21, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

LMAO, he is an ugly model. Maybe he models for acne product companies or something. There's a m[b]odeling agency here in New York for ugly people[/b] [really there is]

roflmao lwkmdfh hahahahhahahahahahha

slex:

hahahahahahahah homie thats brutal hahahahahahaha
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by InkedNerd(f): 12:44am On Aug 21, 2010
slex:

LMAAAAAAAOOOO grin
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by 5p1naz(m): 12:44am On Aug 21, 2010

i can transform ya. . .

apple lappy for sale. . .

family vacation. . .

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs461.ash1/25342_1399009975580_1242202553_31178208_4446274_n.jpg
[/img]

[size=16pt]mrs. 5p1naz[/size]
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by 1105(f): 9:35am On Aug 21, 2010
i love that nokia slippers
and how on earth did that guy get on top of a pole,
besides that guy eyes are as red as hell
and how can a girl's EKEBE carry so much
is that baba sege, doing rap,

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gay English Vicar Wan Marry Nigerian Male Model! by Ovems(f): 12:55pm On Aug 21, 2010
D husband and wife wowoglyy. Who be husband? Who be wife? Tank God dey won't av kids 2geda, Odawise, e go be disaster. Truly d guy na model, E dey model im HEAD. Abeg Obasanjo na handsome model, Lol

(1) (Reply)

OMG! Check Out The World Largest P*ssy. / Is It Right For A Girl To Date A Guy That She Is Older Than? / Guys, Hw Do You Feel Wen A Lady Chykes You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.