Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt (72657 Views)

Pictures From Peter Obi's Presidential Campaign In Port Harcourt, Rivers State / Meet Emmanuel Ezugwu: Military War Vehicle Named After Him / Inside The 'Abandoned' Stadium Named After Abiola - The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Starpress: 2:43am On Feb 06, 2019
Mumu, get enlightened.
firstolalekan:

Mumu
It's awusas
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by DabuIIIT: 4:48am On Feb 06, 2019
Bladdy zoo and her coneheaded zomBs
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by seunfape(m): 6:11am On Feb 06, 2019
Hmm rapist ......I can see .........the state is always hot.
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Bianda24: 6:37am On Feb 06, 2019
No wonder the state is full of criminals and criminality.
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by kalufelix(m): 8:13am On Feb 06, 2019
TechCapon:
I don't think there were local names at that time. I think Port Harcourt sounds nice

So dumb..

How can you be existing without a nomenclature. My late grandfather was born in 1893. He told us that they lived for so many years before the white man invaded and brought education and Religion to them.

The contraception only started in 1914 when the people woke up to the news that they are now called Nigerians

Am only glad that people are getting more enlightened by the day.

Lastly, saying "portharcout sounds nice" shows how enslaved your mind has become

Arab, Ajman, Qatar, Hongkong, Taiwan, Shanghai all sounds nice right?

Why do you think you have no origin?
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 06, 2019
I want to know about lagos
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by respectk(f): 8:50am On Feb 06, 2019
Binikingdowm:
A Nigerian city was named after a British criminal? Na wa

NIGERIA...... Lord Lugard's girlfriend/ concubine named Nigeria.
Maybe that is what is really disturbing us now.

How can your Girlfriend name the area?
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by mechanics(m): 9:42am On Feb 06, 2019
Hundreddegrees:
Lord Lugard will never know peace for creating this horrible and disunited amalgamation called Nigeria

He even had to name one of the states after a fellow of despicable character
Funny.
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by HarryDuce(m): 10:51am On Feb 06, 2019
You have nothing to backup you claims that he was a rapist and paedophile. For one, I support the renaming of the city. I can sense anger in your post though. Is it because the city wasn't renamed Igweocha? You can as well sleep into the abyss for what it's worth. tongue
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by justhenry(m): 10:59am On Feb 06, 2019
Port Harlot
Little wonder
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by DedeNkem: 3:13pm On Feb 06, 2019
uuzba:

Nigeria is just the joining of two words.
Niger Area. The area of land around river Niger.

We didn't have any name for it because we were not a country. All our traditional rulers never sat down together to give a name to this region and they never will.
The name remains. Nigeria.

Then the country is a big mistake.
Re: Port Harcourt Rivers Named After Lord Lewis Vernon Harcourt by FreeIgboho: 4:57pm On Jul 31, 2021
Nairasurplus:
First to comment.

Congrats!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Pics From Kano Dangi Underground Bridge / Tinubu Visits Pastor Adeboye Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / South-East Governors Ban IPOB Activities (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.