Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja (2350 Views)

Ogun Kickboxing Head Coach Found Dead In Hotel Room / I Stabbed My Husband In Self Defense - Policewoman (Photos) / Protest In Ikere Rejecting GANIYU OBASOYIN "Criminal And Self Inclined Olukere" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja by LagBlogger(m): 10:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
Good day all,

You can acquire very effective fighting skills which can be applied in self-defense situations on the street or elsewhere and in Abuja this is made possible by the Pio Fight Club where effective bare knuckle boxing training and Tiger Muay Thai are taught.

You don't have to look for trouble sometimes, it just finds you and harrases you for no reason. Picture you minding your business and someone from no where slaps you while walking to your car. If you think things like this don't happen - they actually do. When they happen you need to be prepared. Here is one case from one of my students, James (my younger brother).

In 2016, he was attacked by 3 area boys in Ajah, Lagos because he bashed a woman's car while trying to avoid head on collision with a trailer. These guys were bigger in size and outnumbered him 3 to 1 with slaps raining down his face, his boxing training kicked in. Quick pivot to the first aggressors side (evasive boxing footwork) followed by landing of combination punches one guy at a time and the three attackers were on the defensive running in the opposite direction.

I am glad to share my boxing and muay thai skills with Abuja residents. Come and learn real life fighting skills that will enable you defend yourself against aggressors;

Key areas covered in this training;

Footwork training and effective fighting stance
Conditioning drills for boxing and kicking (build stamina, endurance, agility, flexibility and good reaction time)
Effective Punching techniques (learn how to punch hard, with precision and speed)
Effective kicking (kicks that will stall forward aggression or incapacitate an attacker)
Technical and soft sparring drills
Effective defenses against kicks and Punches
Learn how to throw devastating knee strikes
Learn how to throw smashing and cutting elbows
Basic muay thai clinch (stand up grappling) and sweeps
Learn distance control and timing

Training has commenced for details call: 0803 206 4106 See you when you join.
Re: Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja by jogncartman: 11:50am On May 21, 2020
Since my childhood, my father taught me fighting techniques and trained me daily so that I could stand up for myself. When I went to college, my classmates bullied me because I didn't drink alcohol and did well in school. In those years, I trained hard and read a lot about smart fighting on https://smartmma.com/. Not so long ago, I was invited to a party where all my classmates were, two of the guys drank too much alcohol and decided to punish me. After two blows to the face, my abusers were passed out and my classmates were in shock. They didn't expect such a rebuff from the 'nerd'. Since then, all the girls in college are mine, and my abusers have changed colleges. All my life I'll be grateful to my father for training when I was a child.
Re: Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja by proudevil: 3:20pm On May 21, 2020
If only I can learn how to dodge bullet. sad
Re: Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 21, 2020
LagBlogger:
Good day all,

You can acquire very effective fighting skills which can be applied in self-defense situations on the street or elsewhere and in Abuja this is made possible by the Pio Fight Club where effective bare knuckle boxing training and Tiger Muay Thai are taught.

You don't have to look for trouble sometimes, it just finds you and harrases you for no reason. Picture you minding your business and someone from no where slaps you while walking to your car. If you think things like this don't happen - they actually do. When they happen you need to be prepared. Here is one case from one of my students, James (my younger brother).

In 2016, he was attacked by 3 area boys in Ajah, Lagos because he bashed a woman's car while trying to avoid head on collision with a trailer. These guys were bigger in size and outnumbered him 3 to 1 with slaps raining down his face, his boxing training kicked in. Quick pivot to the first aggressors side (evasive boxing footwork) followed by landing of combination punches one guy at a time and the three attackers were on the defensive running in the opposite direction.

I am glad to share my boxing and muay thai skills with Abuja residents. Come and learn real life fighting skills that will enable you defend yourself against aggressors;

Conditioning drills for boxing and kicking (build stamina, endurance, agility, flexibility and good reaction time)
Effective Punching techniques (learn how to punch hard, with precision and speed)
Effective kicking (kicks that will stall forward aggression or incapacitate an attacker)

How much?
I want to learn Wing-chun.
Re: Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja by Fisiryorh(m): 8:57am On May 22, 2020
nice...... i have trained in aikido, karate, dragon but i major mauy thai & can relate to the story above.i'm based in calabar tho (beautiful & sometimes a rough city too) & self defense techniques come in handy especially mauy thai which is based on body conditioning first, before actual fighting techniques....

#Stay Safe Peepz.....

1 Like

Re: Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja by rozario01: 9:22am On May 22, 2020
Pls am in lagos how do i learn this in lagos
Re: Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja by Kaysalas(m): 7:22pm On Jun 24, 2020
rozario01:
Seconded. Where do we learn in Lagos?
Re: Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja by BlackfireX: 11:27pm On Jun 24, 2020
How do I become thunder to fire politicians
Re: Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja by LagBlogger(m): 7:17am On Jul 01, 2020

How much?
I want to learn Wing-chun.

Wing-chun is a kungfu style not kick boxing
Re: Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja by LagBlogger(m): 7:18am On Jul 01, 2020
rozario01:

Can't recommend anyone for now
Re: Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja by Sebastrue(m): 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
Yes you are right. Self-defense is very important right now. I prefer Muay Thai instead of kickboxing because the training there is much better and the trainers train real fighters. I always dreamed of trying some kind of Martial Arts, and I didn’t even think that I could succeed in this. It all started very by accident. I just came home and my father said that I should do martial arts. For some reason, he decided that I would be practicing Muay Thai and explained to me the advantages of this sport. After that, we began to choose the most convenient and coolest accessories in order to go to the first training. We chose gloves at https://fighterculture.com/best-muay-thai-gloves/ and put together awesome equipment. More than five years have passed since then, and I have already won a lot of competitions and I am glad that my father insisted that I go to martial arts.
Re: Martial Arts And Self Defense Training (kickboxing) In Abuja by olutund(m): 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
LagBlogger:
Good day all,

Do you still offer this training in Abuja?
I am interested

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Former Aide, Sabiu Yusuf Aka Tunde, Slaps Aa Rano Over Unaccounted $400 / NDIGBO: Another "Get Rich Or Die Trying" IGBO DRUG Dealer Arrested / See What Happened To This Young Man In Kano (graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.