Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race (1647 Views)

Poll: Do you support Babangida to become the next president in 2011

Definitely YES !!: 39% (9 votes)
Maybe, I am not sure: 4% (1 vote)
If elected, Let Him be: 17% (4 votes)
Lets watch and see: 26% (6 votes)
Yes we can!: 13% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

New Photo Of Ibrahim Babangida (IBB) All Smiles In His Minna Residence. / Ibrahim Babangida As Mamman Vatsa's Bestman (Photo) / Abdulsalami Abubakar And Ibrahim Babangida In Their Youthful Days (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by smile11s(m): 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2010
All supporter's of IBB's 2011 presidential race should meet here. We should discuss about his ambition and how we can help him realize his dream of moving Nigeria further.

FYI, IBB is on facebook
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/voteibb?ref=ts

Vote IBB 2011 !!!

Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by seanet02: 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2010
what did you drink today? do you snore while sleeping ?
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by BigB11(m): 7:10pm On Aug 20, 2010
We should continue to identify why Yaradua couldn't do much, why Jonathan can not and will not perform, why OBJ will not get off Jonathan's back, why fineboy Duke will not produce, why Ribadu will fail again and finally emphasize the importance of unity in Nigeria.

IBB is a true leader; a leader that listens, a leader who isn't scared to pull the trigger regardless of who the target is on, a leader who thinks broadly, a leader that completely understands where our problems are coming from and knows how to resolve them. A leader with enormous experience, a leader with broad strategies to empower his followers and his country, a leader with pure charisma, a leader who is ready to work day and night to make the impossible possible in Nigeria.

IBB simply has what it takes.
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by ChineduEZ: 7:16pm On Aug 20, 2010
Big B1:

A leader who isn't scared to pull the trigger regardless of who the target is on
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by babamoha(m): 7:33pm On Aug 20, 2010
@BIG B1 at what rate should we vote for him? and his he coming back to finish is unfinished biz?and before i forget what did he left behind at aso rock? Vote ko vote ni.
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2010
People will Never understand simple statement
@poster said all IBB supporter
did he say all IBB hatters ?

hatters this thread is not for you
please get the bleep outa here
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by smile4kenn(m): 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2010
This is funny
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by smile4kenn(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2010
But, does he really have supporters?
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by agenta999(f): 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2010
IBB is wicked and only the wicked can support him
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by Ikengawo: 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2010
We should continue to identify why Yaradua couldn't do much, why Jonathan can not and will not perform, why OBJ will not get off Jonathan's back, why fineboy Duke will not produce, why Ribadu will fail again and finally emphasize the importance of unity in Nigeria.

IBB is a true leader; a leader that listens, a leader who isn't scared to pull the trigger regardless of who the target is on, a leader who thinks broadly, a leader that completely understands where our problems are coming from and knows how to resolve them. A leader with enormous experience, a leader with broad strategies to empower his followers and his country, a leader with pure charisma, a leader who is ready to work day and night to make the impossible possible in Nigeria.

IBB simply has what it takes.
hahahahahhahah!

in that case i support everything he does and will ever do.
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by smile11s(m): 11:16pm On Aug 20, 2010
'But no nation can base its survival and development on luck and prayers alone while its leadership fritters away every available opportunity for success and concrete achievement. '
-----Ibrahim Babangida

'The average Nigerian person has come to reconcile himself with the fact that his or her social progress remain essentially in his or her hands in collaboration with other fellow Nigerians and not merely relying on what government alone could provide for him or her.'
-----Ibrahim Babangida

word!
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by BigB11(m): 11:38pm On Aug 20, 2010
a leader who isn't scared to pull the trigger regardless of who the target is on

This statement basically means having balls to do the right things regardless of who needs to be stepped on for you to accomplish this goal.
Let me give you an example: At some point during Ribadu's time as the chairman of EFCC, he couldn't find anything wrong with folks like Adedibu (late), OBJ, Fani Kayode, Aborishade, Odeli, Tinubu, Akala, Iyabo Obasanjo and many others. He looked other way simply because he did not have the balls to investigate these people.
Today, we do not want this type of leadership in Nigeria, we want a true leader that has the capabilities to simply clean up the house with out any hesitation. A leader that has the stamina, experience and effective strategies to get things done quickly.

FACT: A leader that has balls will solve our power supply problem in Nigeria in less than 2 years.

Jonathan as our leader  = OBJ is in-charge
Ribadu as our leader =  OBJ, El Rufai and a few others are in-charge
Duke as our leader = All big names and celebrities in Nigeria are in-charge
IBB as our leader = IBB is in-charge
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by Abbaj: 12:17am On Aug 21, 2010
Only losers like the poster & co wil support ibb, Either u like it or not GEJ IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT, MARK MY WORD!
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by smile11s(m): 12:59am On Aug 21, 2010
The work of Nigeria is not complete for as long as there is any one Nigerian who goes to bed on empty stomach.

The work is not complete for as long as our people remain divided by avoidable mutual suspicions, distrust and ancient fears. There is still work to be done for as long as our youth roam the streets without food with meal tickets that cannot buy a meal. We all have work to do for as long as factories we have lie in waste or idle, our utilities remain undependable and outsiders who wish us well are reluctant to invest in our economy.

We have a variety of ill-health afflictions, ignorance, and lack the ability to domesticate our environment for the service of our people. We are yet to benefit maximally from research and development, and from science and technology. Recent events have shown that we cannot take the unity of our country for granted. We see a new challenge in conquering new suspicions and demolishing the barriers of injustice and mutual distrust and antagonism. We must now replace clashes among faiths with faith in our nation. We must now

---------- Ibrahim Babangida
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by PapaBrowne(m): 1:41am On Aug 21, 2010
This is the funniest poll I've seen!!! This is a new rigging technique being planned by IBB abi??

Imagine getting to the voting booth and the names of the candidates you see on the ballot are:

1) PDP= I.B Babangida
2)ACN= I. Badamasi. B
3) ANPP= Ibrahim B.B
4)APGA= IBB
5)PPA= Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida!

Rigging is in the blood of IBB supporters! Like father,like Son.
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by BigB11(m): 1:55am On Aug 21, 2010
[b]The work of Nigeria is not complete for as long as there is any one Nigerian who goes to bed on empty stomach.

The work is not complete for as long as our people remain divided by avoidable mutual suspicions, distrust and ancient fears. There is still work to be done for as long as our youth roam the streets without food with meal tickets that cannot buy a meal. We all have work to do for as long as factories we have lie in waste or idle, our utilities remain undependable and outsiders who wish us well are reluctant to invest in our economy.

We have a variety of ill-health afflictions, ignorance, and lack the ability to domesticate our environment for the service of our people. We are yet to benefit maximally from research and development, and from science and technology. Recent events have shown that we cannot take the unity of our country for granted. We see a new challenge in conquering new suspicions and demolishing the barriers of injustice and mutual distrust and antagonism. We must now replace clashes among faiths with faith in our nation. We must now

---------- Ibrahim Babangida[/b]

Babangida: a leader you can count on.
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by smile4kenn(m): 2:28am On Aug 21, 2010
lol,

funny
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by smile11s(m): 2:29am On Aug 21, 2010
The first military figure in that role to adopt the title of President

He is a born President!

Igbo Kwenu!!!
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by hatch: 2:42am On Aug 21, 2010
I doubt if IBB stands a chance even if he runs against my 2 year old daughter in 2011 elections.
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by koruji(m): 2:42am On Aug 21, 2010
And in your estimation the years of OBJ and the potential erudite group that would lead us under a Jonathan, Duke, Ribadu or El Rufai are to be preferred to a 2-bit general whose claim to fame is 8 years of lies and unconscionable events. Another 17 years was tacked on because his President-for-life ambition was coming to nought. Ah you people!

What is really bad about this post of yours is that under none of those potential candidates are the PEOPLE IN CHARGE. That tells me one thing. That is exactly what IBB is in it for - himself. However, you need to stop projecting your twisted view of democratic governance on other candidates!

FACT: A leader that has balls will solve our power supply problem in Nigeria in less than 2 years.
And who is this leader with balls you are talking about? It actually means that despite having served 8 years on the seat, IBB really has no clue how to solve Nigeria's power problem if he claims in can do it in 2 years. Wonders shall never end. You better go and ask him what he did about power over 8 years.

Big B1:

This statement basically means having balls to do the right things regardless of who needs to be stepped on for you to accomplish this goal.
Let me give you an example: At some point during Ribadu's time as the chairman of EFCC, he couldn't find anything wrong with folks like Adedibu (late), OBJ, Fani Kayode, Aborishade, Odeli, Tinubu, Akala, Iyabo Obasanjo and many others. He looked other way simply because he did not have the balls to investigate these people.
Today, we do not want this type of leadership in Nigeria, we want a true leader that has the capabilities to simply clean up the house with out any hesitation. A leader that has the stamina, experience and effective strategies to get things done quickly.

Jonathan as our leader  = OBJ is in-charge
Ribadu as our leader =  OBJ, El Rufai and a few others are in-charge
Duke as our leader = All big names and celebrities in Nigeria are in-charge
IBB as our leader = IBB is in-charge
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by koruji(m): 2:54am On Aug 21, 2010
@Big B1
I pity you. I don't know how young you are, but you don't have to be that old to observe IBB's deeds in comparison to his expressions. Let me help you a bit here:
1. When you attempt to pick out the substantive aspects of IBB's statements you come out with a big [size=15pt]0[/size] most of the time. Just analyze the statement below and tell us what part of it is not some pie-in-sky (of no use to any hungry person).
2. When you look even closer you see that IBB's reasonings are most times fallacious - this kind of reasoning is good at disguising the truth, because to the average man, it sounds and looks better than actual truth.
3. Even when IBB says something useful - he doesn't mean it, he never does - unless it serves his own ends to fulfill the promise.

Big B1:

The work of Nigeria is not complete for as long as there is any one Nigerian who goes to bed on empty stomach.

---------- Ibrahim Babangida
Babangida: a leader you can count on.

Babangida: a leader you can[size=15pt]NOT[/size] count on.
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by EzeUche22(m): 2:59am On Aug 21, 2010
What is in it for us Igbo?

If IBB sings the right tune like Anioma and other issues and more investment in the southeast, the entire southeast will vote for him.

We do not trust Goodluck.
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by BigB11(m): 3:08am On Aug 21, 2010
He is the only candidate that has the charisma, wisdom, strategy to settle the Niger Delta crisis.
The man is a great listener, he has a broad mind, he knows what it takes to put the best of the best to use, he completely understands Nigeria and Nigerians, his military toughness and discipline is intact.
He is full of energy and great ideas.
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by koruji(m): 3:19am On Aug 21, 2010
Whoever is the WE you are refering to - you have always had trust issues.

Check yourself - we don't trust Yoruba, we don't trust Ijaws, but you trust IBB - there is the joke of the day! The only reason you don't trust Jonathan is that you think once he takes the turn of the south, Igbos would not see the presidency till 2025 - as if Nigeria will continue with this mess beyond another 5 years if it is not fixed fast!

EzeUche22:

What is in it for us Igbo?
If IBB sings the right tune like Anioma and other issues and more investment in the southeast, the entire southeast will vote for him.
We do not trust Goodluck.
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by koruji(m): 3:25am On Aug 21, 2010
hatch#:

I doubt if IBB stands a chance even if he runs against my 2 year old daughter in 2011 elections.

If you know how IBB used to carry himself and watch his recent videos, you can tell that the man knows that age is not on his side. That stamina and proud demeanor that the bootlickers have stuck in their memory is gone - and he knows it.

Nigeria cannot afford another "captive" president - trust me that is what IBB would become. It is the cabal rearing its ugly head again - who did you think was behind Ribadu, Rufai and OBJ's travails under Yar'adua?
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by EzeUche22(m): 3:25am On Aug 21, 2010
koruji:

Whoever is the WE you are refering to - you have always had trust issues.

Check yourself - we don't trust Yoruba, we don't trust Ijaws, but you trust IBB - there is the joke of the day! The only reason you don't trust Jonathan is that you think once he takes the turn of the south, Igbos would not see the presidency till 2025 - as if Nigeria will continue with this mess beyond another 5 years if it is not fixed fast!

He has always been a friend of the East. We don't trust the Ijaws due to people like Edwin Clarke. And you Yorubas, well that is self-explanatory.

But what wrong has IBB done an Igbo?

He did Yorubas wrong, but nothing happened to him. Why should we get angry with the man to what he did to Abiola?
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by koruji(m): 3:45am On Aug 21, 2010
What kind of psychological make-up is that?

You listed Yoruba, Ijaws, but not the North as among the groups you don't trust.

Since you mentioned those you don't trust, could you tell us also those you trust or are the others all a shrug of the shoulder? - with reasons please. Please remind me again why you don't trust Yorubas or Ijaws.

EzeUche22:

He has always been a friend of the East. We don't trust the Ijaws due to people like Edwin Clarke. And you Yorubas, well that is self-explanatory.

But what wrong has IBB done an Igbo?

He did Yorubas wrong, but nothing happened to him. Why should we get angry with the man to what he did to Abiola?
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by EzeUche22(m): 3:50am On Aug 21, 2010
koruji:

What kind of psychological make-up is that?

You listed Yoruba, Ijaws, but not the North as among the groups you don't trust.

Since you mentioned those you don't trust, could you tell us also those you trust or are the others all a shrug of the shoulder? - with reasons please. Please remind me again why you don't trust Yorubas or Ijaws.

We already know where the North stand on the issue. They want power. And they can have power if they give the Igbo financial power. That is a deal we can make. Northerners always mean their word. They do not talk out of both sides of their mouth. When they say they are going to kill you, they mean it.

And IBB is not from the core north. He is actually from the middle belt.

You ask me why don't we Igbos trust Yorubas, you should know the answer to that. And the same goes for the Ijaw what they did to the Igbos during the Civil War and Abandoned property
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by koruji(m): 5:56am On Aug 21, 2010
You are going to wrap yourself up with this line. So, IBB is not from the "core" North, but he is jumping in to fulfill the North's presidential turn. So, why can't you apply the same thing to Jonathan and the Ijaws. See the problem? Then what happens in 2015 when the "core" North says that was the Middle-Belter's turn, now it is our turn. You are going to tell me they won't say that. Hhhhmmmm ,  the same way IBB will [size=15pt]voluntarily [/size] not contest in 2015?

I don't know why you don't trust Yorubas, and I don't care to know - all I know is that everything I have heard so far as reasons are simplistic innuendos and half-truths that are worse than lies.

EzeUche22:

We already know where the North stand on the issue. They want power. And they can have power if they give the Igbo financial power. That is a deal we can make. Northerners always mean their word. They do not talk out of both sides of their mouth. When they say they are going to kill you, they mean it.

And IBB is not from the core north. He is actually from the middle belt.

You ask me why don't we Igbos trust Yorubas, you should know the answer to that. And the same goes for the Ijaw what they did to the Igbos during the Civil War and Abandoned property
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by hollandis(f): 10:12am On Aug 21, 2010
Big B1:

He is the only candidate that has the charisma, wisdom, strategy to settle the Niger Delta crisis.
The man is a great listener, he has a broad mind, he knows what it takes to put the best of the best to use, he completely understands Nigeria and Nigerians, his military toughness and discipline is intact.
He is full of energy and great ideas.

[size=28pt]YOU ARE A BASTARD FOR SUPPORTING IBB.MAY GOD PUNISH YOUR FAMILY ,YOUR CHILDREN AND YOUR GENERATION ANUOFIA,OLOSHI,BARAWO BANZA [/size]angry
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by invisible2(m): 11:29am On Aug 21, 2010
An an Ibo man, I feel we need a man with clean hands. He should not necessarly be Ibo but should work for the whole country. To me, ibb has blown his own chance when he had it, we cannot afford another trial, we don't have the time to test confirmed failures.
Re: In Support Of Ibrahim Babangida 2011 Race by smile11s(m): 3:21pm On Aug 21, 2010
Let all the misinformed people in our mist continue with vague criticisms. If they don’t really, the coast will too clear and it would seem we never crossed any hurdle before getting to our destination… Aso Rock 2011. Let them spend their whole time discussing irrelevancies while we spend just little of our time educating them. Jut little of our time. We will reserve the rest energy propagating the gospel according to IBB, Chapter Aso Rock, Verses qualitative education, good infrastructures, social amenities, strong and viable economy, and resuscitation of our industries, good governance; general growth and development. We shall never be deterred until we achieve our objective… getting IBB into Aso Rock come 2011. That is our goal; that is our dream.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ijaw Vs Itshekiri Over Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan / Fashola Calls For Establishement Of State Police / The Happiest Nation In The World Is: Norway (Nigeria 106)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.