Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway (33750 Views)

Video Of Trains Being Test Run On The Red Line Tracks In Lagos. / The New Trains That Will Be Used For Lagos-Ibadan Railway And Their Specs / Itakpe Warri Rail: Test Run Of Trains Commence At Agbor - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by tosinet(m): 11:26am On Feb 06, 2019
goodconscience:

Rail transportation is not a profitable venture. It is usually handled by the government.

How is rail transportation not a profitable venture please... is it that people will not pay or they will not get passengers... kindly enlighten me how it’s not a profitable venture.
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by somehow: 11:32am On Feb 06, 2019
Read news oga. Go out, search Nairaland, I can't spoon-feed you
dumo1:

Where??
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
goodlifehyd:
Go to india they have private investors. Most people even prefer their trains to that of the government which is always smelling, slow and overcrowded cuz of the price.

Eurostar, India... Those are exceptions. Rail transport is generally unprofitable.
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
sinola:

sometimes,i wonder of what economic importance is that route in Nigeria...Had it bn they had channelled that project from Lagos to Abuja or even from Lagos to Portharcourt,it would have bn of a great relief to travellers and even tourists.Anyway,its my take though.

My friend. You need deliverance. A rail linking Lagos to Ibadan you say its has no economic importance. Can you tell me your economic importance to this country?
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by GEEBITE: 1:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
I guess you have not seen better trains,even the rickety NJ transit line is not in this league.You are even the first ro comment on your own post, and of one should question your integrity now,you become overtly defensive. I still put it to you that you are on APC payroll.How many follow ups have you done on the Apapa congestion.Auto Josh is far more neutral than you. There is no week you dont stuff pictures from the site down our throats.
AutoReportNG:
Not bad

See more pictures of the train and Lagos-Ibadan Railway here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/02/lagos-ibadan-railway-see-trains-that.html
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by AutoReportNG: 2:01pm On Feb 06, 2019
GEEBITE:
I guess you have not seen better trains,even the rickety NJ transit line is not in this league.You are even the first ro comment on your own post, and of one should question your integrity now,you become overtly defensive. I still put it to you that you are on APC payroll.How many follow ups have you done on the Apapa congestion.Auto Josh is far more neutral than you. There is no week you dont stuff pictures from the site down our throats.

cheesycheesycheesy So, I have moved from PDP, I am now APC? Lord have mercy, Nigerians won't kill someone

You talked about Apapa and I wonder if you have been following us at all? No one covers Apapa, Mile 2, Ijora axis more than AutoReportNG, even when there was a total lock-down, we there and we an article on this.

The issue with Nigerians and NL readers is that we are quick to reason on a single lane, that I disagree with your point of view doesn't make me your enemy, we are in this together. The most annonying part is that neither APC nor PDP has ever reached out to us to do an advertiorial or a sponsored posts, all these allegations are just baseless, assuming we are on their payroll, we will agree we are reaching the backlash cos of this.

Lagos-Ibadan Railway is a not a pet project of either APC or PDP, it is a project for all Nigerians and so therefore we must be inform as they spend every kobo

Have a lovely day and regards

2 Likes

Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
rhames:
While we were busy calling these achievements, other countries in Africa where we claim to be the Giant have leap frogged to building and operating bullets trains that run 300-350km per hour.

Morocco 321.2km

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/morocco-high-speed-tgv-trains/index.html

South Africa

160km

https://www.npr.org/2012/11/06/164401173/all-aboard-south-africas-high-speed-train

Abuja-Kaduna

90km per hour.

https://punchng.com/nrc-increases-speed-of-abuja-kaduna-trains-to-130kmh/

You think 160kmph is bullet train, lol

No African country has a bullet train, and that of Morocco is 200kmph and that's a high speed train and also they are the only African country that operates a high speed train
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by Basher8583: 5:12pm On Feb 06, 2019
dadark:

and why dont we have stable power supply like SA....??

who is to blame for that....??

we have a system that doesnt even allow stable power supply like SA....

we have a system of gragra....

first the mindset of nigerians have to change....

it can not be that a movie barely released days ago is copied and sold on the streets....which type business wan thrive like that if we dont respect each other....

see that other guy postin betting rubbish all over the place....this is the mindset of common nigerians.....

Very good question. GO AND ASK OBASANJO YOUR SAVIOUR AND PDP HOW THEY SPENT THE $16B EARMARKED FOR POWER
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by Basher8583: 5:15pm On Feb 06, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

No African country has a bullet train, and that of Morocco is 200kmph and that's a high speed train and also they are the only African country that operates a high speed train

Haba. Move to Moroco now. Stop all this ranting. Abi dem colect your prick from you

1 Like

Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by slimthugchimee2(m): 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
Basher8583:

Haba. Move to Moroco now. Stop all this ranting. Abi dem colect your prick from you

I am not ranting oh sir, if you read my comments well you would understand how I am trying to educate those insecure elements who try to ridicule the lagos-ibadan railway
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by foreshore(m): 6:15pm On Feb 06, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

The day you guys will understand the difference between

Mono rail
Light rail
Standard gauge rail
Bullet trains
High speed trains

Then you will know the difference in the pictures you posted there

You are only trying to play intelligent even when it's evident that you are a novice. Standard Gauge does not belong to the category you have listed here. All what you have listed can work on standard guage . Standard guage is the same as saying a single lane road in comparison to dual carriage road. So go to school and don't think you can deceive us with your ignorance same way APC has been deceiving us

1 Like

Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by iamgenius(m): 12:21am On Feb 07, 2019
helinues:
Better than nothing
Better than the money been shared within few people

4+4 = 2023

Shut up, na their papa money
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by ranch2000: 2:36am On Feb 07, 2019
LordCenturion:

Lies will not kill you, have you been to South Africa before?, I normally take train to the place of my work in joburg and their train is just like normal trains in Nigeria, the only difference is that their own is electric one

Liar! You don't live in SA or ever have been. Everyone in SA knows about the Gautrain. It even shares the same station with the "normal trains" u claim to use at Park Station. Check out Sandton station too.
cityNGR

2 Likes

Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by ranch2000: 2:45am On Feb 07, 2019
Chitumu:
THESE ARE INTRACITY TRAINS, ABUJA HAS THAT. U DUMBASS.

No they're not. They are provincial trains moving between 3 cities in the Gauteng province (Pretoria, Jo'burg, Ekurhuleni). Who's the dumbS now? grin grin
cityNGR

1 Like

Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by rhames(m): 3:33pm On Feb 08, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

Agreed, we do not have any in Africa apart from Morocco.

What I am saying is it takes the same time to drive to and from Abuja by road and by train.
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by GEEBITE: 9:34am On Feb 09, 2019
Alright keep up the good works if it is purely on altruistic basis.Cheers bro,I am impressed by your riposte,apologies if I come out as rude.
AutoReportNG:

cheesycheesycheesy So, I have moved from PDP, I am now APC? Lord have mercy, Nigerians won't kill someone

You talked about Apapa and I wonder if you have been following us at all? No one covers Apapa, Mile 2, Ijora axis more than AutoReportNG, even when there was a total lock-down, we there and we an article on this.

The issue with Nigerians and NL readers is that we are quick to reason on a single lane, that I disagree with your point of view doesn't make me your enemy, we are in this together. The most annonying part is that neither APC nor PDP has ever reached out to us to do an advertiorial or a sponsored posts, all these allegations are just baseless, assuming we are on their payroll, we will agree we are reaching the backlash cos of this.

Lagos-Ibadan Railway is a not a pet project of either APC or PDP, it is a project for all Nigerians and so therefore we must be inform as they spend every kobo

Have a lovely day and regards
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by GleestarsMag: 2:47pm On Feb 09, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lXlFXW27o4
Professor Wole Soyinka At The Commissioning of Lagos - Ibadan Railway #LagosRail #WaleSoyinka #NextLevel #NextLevelNigeria

• As FG Begins Free Train Ride From Lagos To Abeokuta Today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l2Ob07wZ24

Commissioning of Lagos-Ibadan Rail In Lagos - Nigerian railway corporation #LagosIbadanRail #PMB4Plus4 #Pmbinlagos #NigeriaDecides2019 #NigeriaDecides #LagosIbadan
The new train for the Lagos-Abeokuta rail is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l2Ob07wZ24
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by rhames(m): 4:43pm On Feb 10, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

When you cover 200km per hour in Africa, its a standard of bullet train.
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by slimthugchimee2(m): 4:52pm On Feb 10, 2019
rhames:

When you cover 200km per hour in Africa, its a standard of bullet train.

Huh?
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:57am On Feb 17, 2019
ranch2000:

No they're not. They are provincial trains moving between 3 cities in the Gauteng province (Pretoria, Jo'burg, Ekurhuleni). Who's the dumbS now? grin grin
cityNGR

Exactly thesame thing in abuja, the only wrong thing he said its intercity, instead it can be called inter-state

You are the dull one now
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by ranch2000: 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

Exactly thesame thing in abuja, the only wrong thing he said its intercity, instead it can be called inter-state

You are the dull one now

You should learn to read, he said:
THESE ARE INTRACITY TRAINS, ABUJA HAS THAT. U DUMBASS.

Intracity means within a single city. The Gautrain connects 3 different cities and hence the need to travel at high speeds. So it can't be compared with whatever snail locomotives u have in rural Abuja sucker.

1 Like

Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by slimthugchimee2(m): 5:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
R
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by ranch2000: 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2019
Abuja Light Rail = 100km/h
Gautrain = 160km/h

So I'm warranted to call ALR slow.

Don't quote people and then not wanna be challenged putting Restrictions on your mentions.
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by luluosas(m): 8:57am On Mar 02, 2019
Which Calabar?
trexzee:
Calabar
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by trexzee: 9:15am On Mar 02, 2019
luluosas:
Which Calabar?
Calabar in cross river state
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by luluosas(m): 3:02pm On Mar 02, 2019
OK ooooooo
trexzee:

Calabar in cross river state
Re: Review, Specs Of Trains That FG Ordered For Lagos-Ibadan Railway by tck2000(m): 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heavy Downpour Destroys Owerri-Onitsha Federal Highway : Pics & Video / CANADA: A Nigerian Family Says They Face ‘Persecution’ If Deported, Beg To Stay / U.S. Imposes Visa Restrictions On Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.