Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo (5302 Views)

Abuja Private School Owners Reject Wike’s Fee Hike / Should Religious Differences In Schools Be Tolerated? / At What Age Should Children Be Exposed To Religious Views? (national Discourse) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Mophasa(m): 8:53am On Feb 06, 2019
A secondary school,Jewels learning lights academy in the federal capital territory,FCT ,Abuja has rejected a youth corp member due to his faith.

The christian school rejected the muslim corper so he can practice his religion "freely".

Here is a letter from the school;

Is this right or wrong??

https://www.viewsnaija.com/2019/02/school-rejects-corper-due-to-his.html?m=1

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 06, 2019
No big deal, free country!

12 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Mikora: 9:06am On Feb 06, 2019
Nigeria is secular state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by nanakgh(m): 9:29am On Feb 06, 2019
Might be a bit more to the story, maybe he wanted to pray all five times even during work hours, in which case the school would be justified in rejecting him.

If however he was rejected on the sole reason that he's Muslim, though his being Muslim doesn't affect his work in anyway, then that'd be an infringement on his right to association and religious freedoms. People should remember in a secular state it helps to keep your religion in your house and in your heart.

10 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 06, 2019
I was rejected in the northern part automatically during mine because they assumed I'm a Christian. I didn't even mention my religion to them cox my first three names are Yoruba names.

The Muslims started the rejection of Christian coppers long before any Christians did and besides, who knows if it was the copper concerned that asked for REJECTION because he doesn't want his Place of primary assignment to be a Christian school?

Most Muslim coppers female doesn't wanna serve in a Christian state they will rather redeploy.

23 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 06, 2019
He should be happy.. that they don't to him to doing their shirk with them with his clearance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 06, 2019
Why is this an issue? Are there no muslim (anwar-ul-islam or NASFAT) schools around?

They want him to practice his faith freely in a way that will not contravene the CHRISTIAN schools CHRISTIAN laws and teachings.

NO BE BY FORCE.

Secular country or not, The school is privately owned and operated, as such, they owe nobody an obligation.

Please quote me, if you have seen any "core muslim" privately owned school that has christian officials.

P.S- Even in northern government schools, teachers and officers of other faiths are compelled to cover their hair with scarves, headties and whatnot(against their will)....according to the dictates of the prevailing religion in those parts.

So..Please... lets cut the bullcrap!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by lawman88(m): 10:35am On Feb 06, 2019
There is nothing wrong with this. muslims schools in north do it alot. i served my NYSC in kano and i can tell many of my colleagues where rejected from even Government sec schools because they will not be allow to pray or practice christainity within the school.

This school is faith-based, so it is better to reject him than to deny him of practicing his religion within the school or in his lodge.

6 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by great664(m): 11:01am On Feb 06, 2019
Who posted this wants to score a cheap points has totally failed...

Come to Northern part of the country and see for yourself...

I served there and its totally normal.

By the way, I don't believe in both religion and even for their elder brother Judaism

6 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by SOFTDRINK: 11:09am On Feb 06, 2019
It is better they reject him before he detonates his bomb on the innocent students. grin

6 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by chloride6: 11:30am On Feb 06, 2019
Daft school...
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by CAPSLOCKED: 12:00pm On Feb 06, 2019
RELIGION... UTTER NONSENSE.
CAUSING DAMAGES AND DISUNITY AMONG HUMANS IS THE ONLY THING IT DOES.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by CAPSLOCKED: 12:00pm On Feb 06, 2019
undecided
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by CAPSLOCKED: 12:01pm On Feb 06, 2019
undecided
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by kehinde1588(m): 12:15pm On Feb 06, 2019
It clearly depicts that those people are not tolerant of another religion. What difference does it make if the guy is accepted?
It shows that those people who rejected him can't live in the same house with someone who belongs to another religion. Its a big shame on them. I have many cousins and family members who are Christians that have lived with us and it doesn't even change their faith or our faith in any way as we respect their religion despite being the host.

If the same action was carried out by a Muslim school, the comments here would have been so provocative.

2 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by makurnini: 12:15pm On Feb 06, 2019
Happened in 2014

3 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by jeff1607(m): 12:25pm On Feb 06, 2019
it is finished

1 Like

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by ikennamadu1(m): 12:48pm On Feb 06, 2019
kehinde1588:
It clearly depicts that those people are not tolerant of another religion. What difference does it make if the guy is accepted?
It shows that those people who rejected him can't live in the same house with someone who belongs to another religion. Its a big shame on them. I have many cousins and family members who are Christians that have lived with us and it doesn't even change their faith or our faith in any way as we respect their religion despite being the host.

If the same action was carried out by a Muslim school, the comments here would have been so provocative.

You are talking rubbish.... absolute rubbish... goto zamfara and see for yourself... it’s only in katsina that Christians do teach in Muslim schools ...

5 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Twizzy30(m): 1:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
kehinde1588:

hello, try and read what those serving corpers and ex corpers has said up there. The Muslim too rejects christian corpers

3 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by flyca: 1:28pm On Feb 06, 2019
Wonderful!
The school is being on the look-out, proactive!
Before he will go there and start forcing the girls to wear hijab to his classes. We know them tongue
He should re-apply to another school.

7 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by galadima77(m): 1:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
Was in 2014. You people should just let the matter go quietly... Everybody face your front abeg

3 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 06, 2019
2014 letter kwa

4 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Honeyprof(m): 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2019
kehinde1588:

I get you.
Let's see it like this: I also can accept an atheist in my house if he needs somewhere to stay. I wouldn't employ one as my Nanny to take care of my children. They probably want to preserve the presence of tested and trusted Christian teachers. It's understandable.

3 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Osasnidas(m): 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
this is 2019 na?.. the letter is very old
Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Elzak(m): 4:47pm On Feb 06, 2019
We are now being reasonable and see reasons to justify this. It's not bad though.

But I very well believe that if it were Islamic school that did this there would be all sorts of name calling.

Sometimes ago in my town, a Christian school also rejected a teaching practice student posted to their school just because she wears hijab. But in the Islamic school I attended where boys wear cap and girls wear hijab, 98% of coppers that have served there so far are Christian.

I'm not tryna defend anything here, all I'm saying is that we should tryna be honest and unbiased in situations like this.

1 Like

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 06, 2019
he will introduce Hijab and they dont want that, why didnt he go to muslim school? attention seekers!!

3 Likes

Re: School Reject Corper Due To Religious Differences - Photo by Jonadull: 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2019
Just look at the way these assholes are trying so much to justify this barbaric act all over the thread
These bastards are even attacking the few people condemning the useless act !
Wtf !

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Wil Ogun State Waec Result Be Out? / WAEC Biometric Registration Procedure / Ongoing Uniben Students Protest: See The Funny Placard A Student Brought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.