Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? (13836 Views)

Watch The New Nissan e-NV200 Pull A House,Sets An Electric Van Towing Record / A Kenyan Converts Nissan Fuga Car Into A Mercedes Benz Car / Nissan Unveils Sweat Detector Cars That Tell Motorists When To Drink Water(pics) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:47pm On May 21, 2019
Crixie:

There is a "qualitative difference" between Toyota n lexus or Honda n Acura?

Literally, yes? Are a Camry and an ES the same car, or are just trying to be obtuse on purpose?
CityNGR:

Tautology.
Convenient.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by CityNGR: 4:55pm On May 21, 2019
Story story
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Crixie(m): 5:02pm On May 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Literally, yes? Are a Camry and an ES the same car, or are just trying to be obtuse on purpose?
Convenient.
"Core" parts that make up those two cars are not different...same engine , mostly the same suspensions...mostly the same everything.Aesthetics n some bells n whistles are the main difference

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Princepitbull(m): 5:13pm On May 21, 2019
Costee:
Nice reference, though I have the updated version NTB14-002a. As you have rightly mentioned it refers to some CVT failures. The TSB, in fact, refers to Rogue specifically (S35:2008-2012). I have a list of all Nissan CVT models and I have tried to track down the problematic ones. These are: RE0F10A, RE0F10D, and RE010E. Here you'll see Rogue, Altima, and Pathfinder for varying model years. I can't explain why, but maybe ideas from that TSB might be applied to resolve the issues. RE0F09A was used in the Murano before 2007, but the was updated to RE0F09B and has been used on the Murano and the Maxima since 2007 with little complaints. So if we're to use extra coolers on the CVT we should be selective.

Nice thread..... Following keenly
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:49pm On May 21, 2019
Crixie:

"Core" parts that make up those two cars are not different...same engine , mostly the same suspensions...mostly the same everything.Aesthetics n some bells n whistles are the main difference

That's good, then, because the only Nissan my car shares parts with is the Nissan 370z. A legendary sports car.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Crixie(m): 5:56pm On May 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

That's good, then, because the only Nissan my car shares parts with is the Nissan 370z. A legendary sports car.
Not entirely correct bro....shares some parts with some other nissan/infiniti vehicles
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:58pm On May 21, 2019
Crixie:

Not entirely correct bro....shares some parts with some other nissan/infiniti vehicles

Correct me, then. Apart from the GTR and 370z/350z, any other Nissan that uses the same platform is rebadged as an Infiniti in certain markets.

Nissan Fuga is Infiniti M/Q70.
Nissan Skyline is Infiniti G/Q.

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Wow! Rather sweeping. The camshaft sensor (to cite a minute example) used in the 2007 G35 is the same as that in the Sentra, Altima, and Maxima of same model years. Yes in the 350z also but not in 370z.

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:13pm On May 21, 2019
Costee:

Wow! Rather sweeping. The camshaft sensor (to cite a minute example) used in the 2007 G35 is the same as that in the Sentra, Altima, and Maxima of same model years. Yes in the 350z also but not in 370z.
You appear to be correct, but that doesn't invalidate my point. Most of those cars use VQ engines of some sort, and Nissan probably shares cam technology across its different engine configurations.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 21, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

You appear to be correct, but that doesn't invalidate my point. Most of those cars use VQ engines of some sort, and Nissan probably shares cam technology across its different engine configurations.
Come on!

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Crixie(m): 7:08pm On May 21, 2019
Costee:

Back brake pads ...same as murano
Front brake pads depending on the year of manufacture would probably be the same as nissan maxima
Brake disc too
G35s are wonderful cars as are most infinitis ...but nissan=infiniti
Infiniti=nissan

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:56am On May 22, 2019
Crixie:

Back brake pads ...same as murano
Front brake pads depending on the year of manufacture would probably be the same as nissan maxima
Brake disc too
G35s are wonderful cars as are most infinitis ...but nissan=infiniti
Infiniti=nissan

Back brake discs are definitely not the same as the Murano. Very similar, but not the same. I'd know, I tried buying discs last week.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Crixie(m): 11:57am On May 22, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Back brake discs are definitely not the same as the Murano. Very similar, but not the same. I'd know, I tried buying discs last week.
The brake pads nko?
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by jrusky(m): 6:10pm On May 22, 2019
oblo:
I can say this with pride. Having driven a 1998 Nissan Primera, 2001 almera, and 2005 altima... We Nissan owners are just too comfy enjoying our rides. My current 2005 Nissan murano aka the workhorse has never given me any headache. Still on same gear and engine. Still travels Enugu to Lagos. Still starts at a go, never dropped me on the road, and I began to wonder how unrelated I hear the stories online. If you ask me I would buy another murano at the drop of a hat! Infact I would buy a Nissan any day anytime. Las Las na our maintenance culture be the ish. Take care of your ride and it would do same.

I have seen someone pour in manual gear oil into his engine because he was advised to do so as engine was smoking.. But Not gear oil ke.

Well let me go back to my hood before awon oni Toyota show face dey make noise. grin

Bro Nissan is a very goid car no doubt about it.Despite having Toyota car I also have Nissan Pathfinder 2010 and my Murano just came in last week bro Nisan is a car lets forget story.

Bro sometime I don't like driving the Toyota because it's like Nigeria is Toyota Zombie region and it make me sick sometime.

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by oblo(m): 10:42pm On May 22, 2019
jrusky:

Bro Nissan is a very goid car no doubt about it.Despite having Toyota car I also have Nissan Pathfinder 2010 and my Murano just came in last week bro Nisan is a car lets forget story.

Bro sometime I don't like driving the Toyota because it's like Nigeria is Toyota Zombie region and it make me sick sometime.

You can say that again.. Like it or not.. All cars and models have their fans and believe me
. There is enough space for all...please Note nissan is not the only car model I have driven so throwing the "my papa farm na the best until I go another farm" no go hold water here.... grin

To be very very honest.... Like I said earlier... I would buy a murano again grin

Bless us with pics of your new whip na @ jrusky

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by CityNGR: 4:54am On May 24, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

I don't drive a Nissan, mate. I drive an Infiniti. There's a qualitative difference.

Quit wailing oga Nissan driver

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Inception(m): 8:50am On May 24, 2019
dumo1:
Since they took the CVT route and their unholy alliance with Renault. Everything went sideways for them.
These were the truly indestructible Nissan of the yonder years and what i see in my head when I hear the name Nissan.

True bro...
This even makes me emotional embarassed

That Pathfinder was even a status symbol that year embarassed

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Inception(m): 8:51am On May 24, 2019
CityNGR:

Tautology.

It seems you choose to ignore the word 'qualitative' undecided
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Inception(m): 8:59am On May 24, 2019
oblo:

You can say that again.. Like it or not.. All cars and models have their fans and believe me
. There is enough space for all...please Note nissan is not the only car model I have driven so throwing the "my papa farm na the best until I go another farm" no go hold water here.... grin

To be very very honest.... Like I said earlier... I would buy a murano again grin

Bless us with pics of your new whip na @ jrusky

I totally agree on this one!

Even the Land-rover Freelander 1st generation have enthusiasts grin

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Inception(m): 9:01am On May 24, 2019
CityNGR:

Quit wailing oga Nissan driver

You really want to make the word Nissan sound like an automotive disease grin

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by CityNGR: 10:12am On May 24, 2019
that's just semantics

Inception:

It seems you choose to ignore the word 'qualitative' undecided

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by jodeci(m): 4:44pm On May 24, 2019
I Bought my 2007 Nissan pathy since 2010,other than change oil and hub the SUV has served me loyally. The 4wd is next to none. At the time the road leading to my house was being constructed I was the only one who drove his car home,the SUV was pushing through the muddy and sandy road as if it was tarred

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 24, 2019
jodeci:
I Bought my 2007 Nissan pathy since 2010,other than change oil and hub the SUV has served me loyally. The 4wd is next to none. At the time the road leading to my house was being constructed I was the only one who drove his car home,the SUV was pushing through the muddy and sandy road as if it was tarred
Nice. How did you finally fix the P0011 code?
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Charly68: 12:06pm On May 25, 2019
oblo:
I can say this with pride. Having driven a 1998 Nissan Primera, 2001 almera, and 2005 altima... We Nissan owners are just too comfy enjoying our rides. My current 2005 Nissan murano aka the workhorse has never given me any headache. Still on same gear and engine. Still travels Enugu to Lagos. Still starts at a go, never dropped me on the road, and I began to wonder how unrelated I hear the stories online. If you ask me I would buy another murano at the drop of a hat! Infact I would buy a Nissan any day anytime. Las Las na our maintenance culture be the ish. Take care of your ride and it would do same.

I have seen someone pour in manual gear oil into his engine because he was advised to do so as engine was smoking.. But Not gear oil ke.

Well let me go back to my hood before awon oni Toyota show face dey make noise. grin
Please will you recommend murano for someone with all sincerity ,I love the mode of the car but I have doubt for its performance and maintenance.. Thanks
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by HeavenlyBang(m): 12:24pm On May 25, 2019
Charly68:
Please will you recommend murano for someone with all sincerity ,I love the mode of the car but I have doubt for its performance and maintenance.. Thanks
Question wasn't directed at me, but no, I wouldn't recommend. The Murano is just not a great car, anecdotal evidence stating otherwise notwithstanding.

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Charly68: 2:55pm On May 25, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

Question wasn't directed at me, but no, I wouldn't recommend. The Murano is just not a great car, anecdotal evidence stating otherwise notwithstanding.
Thanks sir
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Holyson213: 9:43pm On May 25, 2019
Pls I am seein murano Online clean ones . What’s the fault associated with it (if it’s something I can cope it I will go for it) kindly advice in layman’s terms guys
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by jodeci(m): 10:17pm On May 25, 2019
Costee:

Nice. How did you finally fix the P0011 code?

Replaced the intake timing control solenoid.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Hoodbilonia: 7:34am On May 26, 2019
Im thinking of getting the maxima 11 model or altima
But i dey fear copart
All the mechanics and pabel beaters af met
Confirmed to me that nissan nor be motor
Say u sef go hail

Everything lies down to copart and how its been taken care of
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by abula112(m): 6:51am On May 31, 2019
jodeci:
how much did u get it sir
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by TRYGO(m): 5:27pm On May 31, 2019
I think the problem especially in Nigeria, is that people just follow the crowd.

There is this fear that some mechanics, and some previous Nissan owners have put in the minds of those wanting to own a Nissan brand in the future.

They talk about some of their transmissions systems, and even electronics/electrical problems with Nissan brands.

In my opinion, its somehow when these vehicles comes to Nigeria, that these problems begins to occur.

Some are as a result of the lackadaisical attitudes of some car owners to maintenance, and all that.

I currently own a M45 Infiniti V8.
Nice car, and durable.

Regards,
Joseph
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo, Lagos

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:39pm On May 31, 2019
TRYGO:
I think the problem especially in Nigeria, is that people just follow the crowd.

There is this fear that some mechanics, and some previous Nissan owners have put in the minds of those wanting to own a Nissan brand in the future.

They talk about some of their transmissions systems, and even electronics/electrical problems with Nissan brands.

In my opinion, its somehow when these vehicles comes to Nigeria, that these problems begins to occur.

Some are as a result of the lackadaisical attitudes of some car owners to maintenance, and all that.

I currently own a M45 Infiniti V8.
Nice car, and durable.

Regards,
Joseph
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo, Lagos

It always amazes me when people talk about Infiniti's and transmission issues. Like, wtf, those cars have some of the most resilient transmissions out there.

Top 10 Common Car Problems And How To Rectify Them / Danfo Drivers/conductors To Wear Uniforms And Badges In Lagos / 6 Reasons Why Your Car Struggles When Going Uphill

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54