Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? (13801 Views)

Watch The New Nissan e-NV200 Pull A House,Sets An Electric Van Towing Record / A Kenyan Converts Nissan Fuga Car Into A Mercedes Benz Car / Nissan Unveils Sweat Detector Cars That Tell Motorists When To Drink Water(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by odaviour(m): 4:03am On Jan 20, 2020
I
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Babadee1900(m): 9:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
odaviour:
Pls Can Altima 2.5 2009 be used for Uber?
If you are the owner of the car, you can use it. Don’t accept it on rental or HP.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by freeman500: 4:01am On Jan 28, 2020
I recently acquired a 2008 Nissan teana, I used it to travel from Enugu to Anambra, on my way back after a little speeding and fast driving, I noticed the gear was slipping. At a point midway the car could barely ascend hills. I just managed to get home that day. On getting home I allowed the car cool off for some minutes, and everything was back to normal. Since then I have this phobia of traveling with the car. Teana is really a sweet ride, but this CVT gearbox for me is a No No. If there is an alternative automatic gearbox that can match the engine I wouldn't mind changing it.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by KINGreignn: 5:28am On Jan 28, 2020
freeman500:
I recently acquired a 2008 Nissan teana, I used it to travel from Enugu to Anambra, on my way back after a little speeding and fast driving, I noticed the gear was slipping. At a point midway the car could barely ascend hills. I just managed to get home that day. On getting home I allowed the car cool off for some minutes, and everything was back to normal. Since then I have this phobia of traveling with the car. Teana is really a sweet ride, but this CVT gearbox for me is a No No. If there is an alternative automatic gearbox that can match the engine I wouldn't mind changing it.
how to brew trouble. Act 1 Scene 1.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by KINGreignn: 5:28am On Jan 28, 2020
freeman500:

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 28, 2020
freeman500:
The CVT in your car is code-named RE0F10A, admittedly one of the more problematic CVT models. The symptom you had is called Cvt Fluid Temperature Protection Logic. Install an external cooler; drain the present fluid and refill not above the halfway mark between the minimum and maximum gauge points of the dipstick.
On external cooler see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICrS07M5duM

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by freeman500: 1:48pm On Jan 28, 2020
Costee:

The CVT in your car is code-named RE0F10A, admittedly one of the more problematic CVT models. The symptom you had is called Cvt Fluid Temperature Protection Logic. Install an external cooler; drain the present fluid and refill not above the halfway mark between the minimum and maximum gauge points of the dipstick.
On external cooler see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICrS07M5duM

Pls I don't understand the part in red. Also I assume the quantity of oil will increase after installing the cooler. Lastly do you know any mechanic that is capable of doing the installation in Enugu?
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 28, 2020
freeman500:

Pls I don't understand the part in red. Also I assume the quantity of oil will increase after installing the cooler. Lastly do you know any mechanic that is capable of doing the installation in Enugu?
There are two notches (lower and upper) on your cvt dipstick indicating oil minimum and maximum limits, respectively. That is, the amount of oil in your transmission should not be below the lower notch or should not exceed the upper notch. The phrase highlighted means the amount of oil should not exceed the halfway between the two notches. Do the measurement when the engine is hot. I don’t stay in Enugu, but I believe any good mechanic would be familiar with the concept of an external cooler installation. Needless to say, your transmission fluid is NS-2.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by freeman500: 1:38am On Jan 30, 2020
Costee:

There are two notches (lower and upper) on your cvt dipstick indicating oil minimum and maximum limits, respectively. That is, the amount of oil in your transmission should not be below the lower notch or should not exceed the upper notch. The phrase highlighted means the amount of oil should not exceed the halfway between the two notches. Do the measurement when the engine is hot. I don’t stay in Enugu, but I believe any good mechanic would be familiar with the concept of an external cooler installation. Needless to say, your transmission fluid is NS-2.
Thanks a lot. I've been doing some research and I noticed that the oil they put was over-guaged. Also the last oil change was done with NS-3, which I understand is for newer models. Now I'm planning to drain the whole oil and replace with NS-2 and guage it properly. Hopefully that will solve my problem.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by freeman500: 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2020
Good evening guys. I changed the CVT oil today and guaged it properly. Now a new problem has turned up... On my way home from the mechanic workshop I noticed that there was loss of throttle response. For instance if I stopped at a traffic light, if I want to move the throttle will not respond at all until I switch off and on the engine. I read somewhere about limp mode, but I don't know if it's as a result of the gear oil change, or is it just the throttle sensor. Pls has anybody experienced such problems b4? And how was it solved?
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 01, 2020
Scan.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Feb 01, 2020
KINGreignn:

Season movie

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by oblo(m): 6:11am On Feb 03, 2020
freeman500:
Good evening guys. I changed the CVT oil today and guaged it properly. Now a new problem has turned up... On my way home from the mechanic workshop I noticed that there was loss of throttle response. For instance if I stopped at a traffic light, if I want to move the throttle will not respond at all until I switch off and on the engine. I read somewhere about limp mode, but I don't know if it's as a result of the gear oil change, or is it just the throttle sensor. Pls has anybody experienced such problems b4? And how was it solved?

Get to scan the ride. There is a good scan guy I know at old artisan.

I hope you used original Nissan NS2 fluid and not the aftermarket type I see at camp in Enugu.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by freeman500: 3:54am On Feb 04, 2020
oblo:

Get to scan the ride. There is a good scan guy I know at old artisan.

I hope you used original Nissan NS2 fluid and not the aftermarket type I see at camp in Enugu.

I'll do that scan asap. Will update u guys soon.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Manny24(m): 10:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
Too many electrical, wiring and ECU problems.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by diportivo: 5:34am On Jun 14, 2020
Manny24:
Too many electrical, wiring and ECU problems.

na wa o

can u recommend a brand that doesnt this issues sir

make all man no go make mistake

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Praxtech: 6:47am On Jun 14, 2020
diportivo:

na wa o

can u recommend a brand that doesnt this issues sir

make all man no go make mistake
Toyota.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by freeman500: 2:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
Car gurus pls i need your help. My 2008 Nissan Teana just this afternoon, the gear got stuck in park. I drove the car to church this morning, came back, after about 2 hours, wanted to go get something ,thats when it happened. I have tried the release lock by the gear nothing. The brake light is working well. Pls can it be electrical or is my cvt gearbox gone?
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by adubam(m): 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
freeman500:
Car gurus pls i need your help. My 2008 Nissan Teana just this afternoon, the gear got stuck in park. I drove the car to church this morning, came back, after about 2 hours, wanted to go get something ,thats when it happened. I have tried the release lock by the gear nothing. The brake light is working well. Pls can it be electrical or is my cvt gearbox gone?

Guy sell this car and have peace.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by opeyemix: 3:06am On Nov 15, 2020
Since they took the CVT route and their unholy alliance with Renault. Everything went sideways for them.
These were the truly indestructible Nissan of the yonder years and what i see in my head when I hear the name Nissan.

Who knows the model of the second silver car plz?
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by xperiencelove(m): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2020
The Nissan Maxima 1999 I brought for my Dad last year February is a nightmare. It is usually from one electrical problem to the other. Every other thing is good about the car. At some point, rewire will be coming from Ladipo to fix the car at Otta.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by SamuelTaiw0(m): 4:22am On May 13, 2022
@freeman500 did you later sell the car? What did you do to it? I think your problem started when you used the incorrect fluid to service the transmission. Let's know what happened to the teana in the long run.
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by Sportwin(m): 6:57pm On May 17, 2022
the nissan teana looks good actually

Transmission problems: Jatco JF011E, JF016E and JV010E CVT
Engine reliability: 2.5 inline-four and 2.5 and 3.5 gas-powered V6 engines
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by surrogatesng: 10:14pm On May 18, 2022
What is the make and model of your car?
DukeNija:
I currently drive a Nissan Altima 2009, before that I owned a Hyundai and Toyota. I’ve driven Honda’s and honestly Nissan is the best.
The car just clocked 187K but still drives like a dream, smooth and the acceleration is next to none. The engine is the best of any Japanese car I’ve ever owned or driven, it’s super quiet and smooth. You could be standing beside it and be unaware it’s ON, heck you could even be inside and think it’s OFF. It’s that smooth. I service the car at regular intervals with M1 0W40(best oil in the market). And this brings my question, ive read so many bad reviews and it makes me wonder, why do people think Nissan cars are bad? We have very terrible maintenance culture in Nigeria and we rely solely on Toyota’s and think they are the best. Toyota is boring and I could practically sleep while driving it. I barely visit the mechanic in fact I can’t even remember the last time I was there(Dec 2018 to change CVT fluid). I love Nissan.
I’m not here to promote Nissan but the reviews and mindset toward this lovely car manufacturer is unreliable and unfortunate even here on Nairaland. In fact we need a Nissan thread for owners and prospective owners. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by okoroemeka(m): 6:11am On May 20, 2022
Since they took the CVT route and their unholy alliance with Renault. Everything went sideways for them.
These were the truly indestructible Nissan of the yonder years and what i see in my head when I hear the name Nissan.
it was Renault that destroyed Nissan when they allowed accountants and economists design their cars instead of engineers,the 1990s pathfinders, bluebirds,premria,Sunny's are one of Japan's best made cars,infact the 1991-1995 Maxima is made with the best made engine ever made the, Vg and Vq series.

Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by shigoawesu(m): 6:32am On May 20, 2022
nissparts:

Surely you dont expect a vehicle maker to tell the world that it cannot travel in its vehicles, that's not how it works.
Nissan has had an obviously high failure rate with CVTs all the way from 2002 till date but you will never see them admit that it's bad.
This is despite all the evidence, settled law suits and current law suits, all focused on their CVTs.
I can personally guarantee one thing though, a Nissan CVT with an additional external cooler will outlast one without it.

What's CVTs abeg
Hoping to get a car for hauling and some is suggesting Nissan brand
Re: Why Are Nissan Cars Overlooked? by nauwoconsdi1977: 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
Nissan cars are a popular choice among Nigerian drivers. If you're looking for a reliable and affordable car in Nigeria, then Nissan is a great option to consider.

Nissan has a wide range of cars available in Nigeria. The Versa is a great choice for those looking for a compact car that packs a punch, while the Patrol is ideal for those who need a reliable off-road vehicle.

When it comes to reviews, Nissan cars in Nigeria generally receive positive feedback, with drivers praising their performance and reliability. Overall, Nissan cars in Nigeria offer great value for money and are a popular choice for drivers.

The Versa is a great choice for those looking for a compact car that packs a punch, while the Patrol is ideal for those who need a reliable off-road vehicle.

When it comes to reviews, Nissan cars in Nigeria generally receive positive feedback, with drivers praising their performance and reliability. Overall, Nissan cars in Nigeria offer great value for money and are a popular choice for drivers. Here you can find all the information you need to make an informed decision about which Nissan is right for you..

Overall, Nissan cars in Nigeria offer great value for money and are a popular choice for drivers. Here you can find all the information you need to make an informed decision about which Nissan is right for you..

Here you can find all the information you need to make an informed decision about which Nissan is right for you..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bmw Engines / How Can I Paint My Tyres,to Make The Black Come Alive. / London Double Decker Buses To Be Powered By Coffee Waste To Cut Diesel Emissions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.