Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Esha Gupta Gets Backlash For Her Racist Remark Against Nigerian Footballer. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Esha Gupta Gets Backlash For Her Racist Remark Against Nigerian Footballer. (248 Views)

Victor Osimhen Wins 2023 Nairaland Nigerian Footballer Of The Year Award / Greg Clarke Resigns As English FA Chairman After Remark About Black Players / Esha Gupta Apologises For Racist Comment At Alex Iwobi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Esha Gupta Gets Backlash For Her Racist Remark Against Nigerian Footballer. by joxxy01(m): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2019
Bollywood actress Esha Gupta who was slammed for her racist comments against Nigerian footballer Alexander Iwobi has now issued an apology for the same. Read on to know what she has to say.

Almost a week back Bollywood actress Esha Gupta took it to her social media handle and shared a screenshot of her WhatsApp conversation. The conversation was about the football match, Esha who is an Arsenal supporter and her friend spoke about the Nigerian footballer Alexander Iwobi and her words brought her a major backlash.

In the conversation shared by Esha, the actress and her friend criticised Alexander Iwobi for his performance and her friend addressed the footballer as 'gorilla' and said 'evolution stopped for him'. She did not stop at this and was also quoted as saying how Iwobi did not change from neanderthal to man. What irked the fans, even more, was Esha Gupta's reply, the actress in reply wrote

"Haha... I don't know why they don't bench him more."
However, soon after sharing the message, she realised her mistake and deleted the story from her Instagram, but the damage was done.

The screengrabs went viral on the Instagram and fans fumed with anger over her racist comment.
However, now the actress has penned down an apology letter, hoping that Iwobi forgives here for her mistake. The actress wrote "I am extremely sorry for my ignorant action last Friday. Being an ardent fan of Arsenal for many years, I was deeply engrossed and caught up in the game. For this, I am deeply regretful. I cannot begin to imagine how much I have hurt your sentiments. Racism has absolutely no place in my heart, and I promise you, for whatever it's worth, going forward this will never happen again. I hope the club can accept my humblest apology and give me the opportunity to make amends. I promise to be very responsible from here on."

(1) (Reply)

Honest Solskjaer� Keeps Me Hungry �: Lukaku / Best Tips 2-8odds / La Liga: Barcelona Wins Derby Between Espanyol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.