Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? (22676 Views)

The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) / Reps To Probe Payment Of ‘high Acceptance Fees’ In Public Varsities / Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
Fellow Nairalanders, I can't seem to fathom out the essence of acceptance fees meant to be paid by newly admitted students.

WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE??

HOW IS THE MONEY UTILIZED??

WHOSE ACCOUNT IS THE MONEY BEING REMITTED TO?? FEDERATION ACCOUNT OR OTHERWISE??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Blakjewelry(m): 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2019
everybody knows its a fraud

102 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Lexusgs430: 5:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
Your showing gratitude of acceptance....... Thanking them and appreciating them accepting you, regardless of all your flaws, and also paying more fees for the privilege.....

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by LordCenturion(m): 5:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
To creates more revenue into the purse of federal government and to let the students takes the admission serious, as a student, once you've realised the stress and money you spent before the Main school fee,then it won't be easy for you to discontinue when you are about to pay the school fees,lastly, And to appreciate the acceptance

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Techguyz(m): 5:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
It'sjust another way to generate revenue after jamb

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by senatepresido: 5:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
to extort money

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Atikualcameroni: 5:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
The funniest part of it is that the said fee in Non-refundable

29 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Nashirushekoni(m): 5:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
I wonder ooo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Abbeyme: 5:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
To book or hold down your slot (space) in the school provisional admission.

It is like the commitment fee.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by dwizzed(m): 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
I've always asked myself and people that same question.... The worst part is, you'll apply for a course, the university will give you something totally different and you'd still pay to accept it.

36 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by jesse8048(m): 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
My problem with it that the money is unreasonably much.
It's ok for students to accept the offer so as to help the university plan but paying those ridiculous amount is jus fraud.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by cutesmilez(f): 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
>:
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Benblaq(m): 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
iListen
Where art thou?
I've missed you o

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Miracle4Sure: 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
angry
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by surveyProf(m): 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
It's more or less like development levil....
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by superbouck(m): 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
scam

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Miracle4Sure: 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
Money grin
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
I was thinking of the same thing today. I'm ready to learn this too.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Ekakamba: 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
ONE CHANCE CORNTREE grin tongue

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
Go n ask your VC
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Ogaga87(m): 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
Oregbe17:
Fellow Nairalanders, I can't seem to fathom out the essence of acceptance fees meant to be paid by newly admitted students.

WHOSE ACCOUNT IS THE MONEY BEING REMITTED TO?? FEDERATION ACCOUNT OR OTHERWISE??

Whatever you feel, kindly write a memo to Buhari now that he is still in power to clarify you on it.. He should know better as chief integrity officer
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Ekakamba: 5:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
I THOUGHT IT'S THE INSTITUTION'S IGR?
Gyrus:
Just a way of generating revenue. Most of the money still goes to FG coffers wink
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by theoldpretender(m): 5:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
The cold truth is that our universities are loss making institutions.

In November 2017, the VC of ABU in a speech stated that his overhead costs are 600million per annum.He gets 100million from government. Where is he going to find the remaining 500million? Charge extra fees.

What even makes things bad is that the money is not enough. Throw in corruption...and you get the point.

The harsh truth is that if you want good universites...if you want universities that look like the nice ones abroad...you pay high school fees.

Because it is becoming difficult to fund education in this country.Ideally, in my opinion (my opinion...mindyou) we should be spending 5 trillion naira yearly on education...primary,secondary and tertiary. Instad we spend N800bn out of a budget of N8-9 trillion, with an oil price that has been falling since 2014. So either fees go up, or we take fat loans...or we just accept poorly equipped universities...while Afe BABALOLA,Covenant and Babcock...where fees are over N1million per annum for some courses...take over.....and the graduates get the better jobs.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Atikualcameroni: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
Fixedgame1970:
[/color] see below
undecided
Fixedgame1970:
[color=#006600] see below
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by asdfjklhaha(f): 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
Its a way of thanking the school and showing them that you appreciate the admission they gave to you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
Helps in facilitating the supply of new Benz(s) for your school management.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Jasongreenberge: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
Its simple. Ita used to accept the students
Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by Sijo01(f): 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
...wish one can get a reasonable answer to this reasonable question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? by sharpwriter(m): 5:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
Oregbe17:

Don't be funny .. it is simply a money making scheme; it is fraud.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Remands UNILORIN Student Who Assaulted Female Lecturer / UNILORIN Website Got Attacked By Hackers (photos) / COVID-19: Queen’s College Lagos Students Test Positive In Boarding School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.