Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,914 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church (5377 Views)

Pastor 'Delivers' Mad Man In Edo After Years Of Madness (Photos) / The Origin Of Madness : The Three Smart Crooks / "How Mad Is Your Madness?" Church Poster In Jos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
And when you pray,
do not babble on like pagans,
for they think that by their many words they will be heard.

- Matthew 6:7

It has to be said, babbling that what was practised in the ancient world, which is glossalia, did predate the occurrence of speaking in tongues that happened on Pentecost day.

20th/21st century Christians however, openly and without any sense of embarrassment, did not only hijack glossalia (i.e. babbling) but took ownership of it, to pass, as speaking in tongues

The disconcerting thing is that, the one thing Jesus Christ warned against, as seen in Matthew 6:7 above, not to do, is exactly just what Christians and/or supposed believers have taken a shine to and delight in doing.
cc Goshen360, CodeTemplar, Emusan, TruthinAction, InansBobo, EMILO2STAY, TATIME
wow very very eye opening, Christianity as practiced today in many churches is nothing short of a total waste of time and to think that some person on this forum come out to defend the babbling in church is a clear pointer to the fact that church goers today are only church goers indeed,.. they know next to nothing when it comes to having a good knowledge of the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by TruthinAction: 1:44pm On Feb 17, 2019
EMILO2STAY:
wow very very eye opening, Christianity as practiced today in many churches is nothing short of a total waste of time and to think that some person on this forum come out to defend the babbling in church is a clear pointer to the fact that church goers today are only church goers indeed,.. they know next to nothing when it comes to having a good knowledge of the scriptures.

If you are quoting Jesus, why didn't you quote where he said that those who believe in him will speak in other tongues?
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by TruthinAction: 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
And when you pray,
do not babble on like pagans,
for they think that by their many words they will be heard.

- Matthew 6:7

It has to be said, babbling that what was practised in the ancient world, which is glossalia, did predate the occurrence of speaking in tongues that happened on Pentecost day.

20th/21st century Christians however, openly and without any sense of embarrassment, did not only hijack glossalia (i.e. babbling) but took ownership of it, to pass, as speaking in tongues

The disconcerting thing is that, the one thing Jesus Christ warned against, as seen in Matthew 6:7 above, not to do, is exactly just what Christians and/or supposed believers have taken a shine to and delight in doing.
cc Goshen360, CodeTemplar, Emusan, TruthinAction, InansBobo, EMILO2STAY, TATIME

I have been saved from several dangers through speaking in tongues. I have escaped assassination on my life because I pray in tongues. There are so many benefits of speaking in tongues and it is Scriptural.
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:51pm On Feb 17, 2019
TruthinAction:

If you are quoting Jesus, why didn't you quote where he said that those who believe in him will speak in other tongues?
and they did speak in other languages
earthly languages I mean and they prophesied also or did you miss that one?
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by TruthinAction: 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2019
EMILO2STAY:

They also spake in tongues that could not be interpreted otherwise Apostle Paul will not ask them to pray for interpretation.
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 5:35pm On Feb 17, 2019
TruthinAction:
I have been saved from several dangers through speaking in tongues. I have escaped assassination on my life because I pray in tongues. There are so many benefits of speaking in tongues and it is Scriptural.
Why do people believe the lies they hear, but not the truth they read and see in the Bible?

It's amazing the lies that people are ready to believe about themselves and especially in relation to the gift of speaking in tongues, when the truth about the gift of speaking in tongues, actually much more interesting, is that the bible says, the benefit of the gift of speaking in tongues is for unbelievers and/or the unbelieving. It never suggested nor says, the benefit(s) of the gift of speaking in tongues, can be used as a weapon to prevent assasination attempts with

TruthinAction:

EMILO2STAY:

TruthinAction:
They also spake in tongues that could not be interpreted otherwise Apostle Paul will not ask them to pray for interpretation.
If you were a member and/or part of the cosmopolitan set up of Corith or Ephesus, which included people from many different countries found all over the world, then it is wise and common sense to advise to pray for interpretation

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by TruthinAction: 11:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Why do people believe the lies they hear, but not the truth they read and see in the Bible?

It's amazing the lies that people are ready to believe about themselves and especially in relation to the gift of speaking in tongues, when the truth about the gift of speaking in tongues, actually much more interesting, is that the bible says, the benefit of the gift of speaking in tongues is for unbelievers and/or the unbelieving. It never suggested nor says, the benefit(s) of the gift of speaking in tongues, can be used as a weapon to prevent assasination attempts with

If you were a member and/or part of the cosmopolitan set up of Corith or Ephesus, which included people from many different countries found all over the world, then it is wise and common sense to advise to pray for interpretation

Speaking in tongues help you to pray according to the will of God - Romans 8:26.

Speaking in tongues edifies you or keeps you on a high charge. You don't need to smoke weed to be high when you can speak in tongues.

Speaking in tongues helps you to pray for the unknown. There are things you don't know that is about to happen but the Holy Spirit knows. You just receive the signal in your spirit that something wrong is about to happen. That is the best time to speak in tongues. The moment you do that, the danger is averted. This is why a tongue speaking believer can't die before his time. You can fall victim of assassins or kidnappers. There is an inner power at work in you.

Speaking in tongues takes you to the place of visions and revelations. You see things that are yet to happen as God reveals them to you.

Speaking in tongues makes your spirit more sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Speaking in tongues helps you to stay in divine health.

Speaking in tongues builds a wall of protection round you and makes it difficult for evil men to hurt you.

There are many more benefits. The devil does not want people to know about this. So, he uses ignorant people to condemn it and discourage many from receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

I don't expect you to easily believe all I have said but my prayer is that you and everyone reading will experience it one day and tell your testimony. It makes your life supernatural.
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 11:45pm On Feb 17, 2019
TruthinAction:
Speaking in tongues help you to pray according to the will of God - Romans 8:26.

Speaking in tongues edifies you or keeps you on a high charge. You don't need to smoke weed to be high when you can speak in tongues.

Speaking in tongues helps you to pray for the unknown. There are things you don't know that is about to happen but the Holy Spirit knows. You just receive the signal in your spirit that something wrong is about to happen. That is the best time to speak in tongues. The moment you do that, the danger is averted. This is why a tongue speaking believer can't die before his time. You can fall victim of assassins or kidnappers. There is an inner power at work in you.

Speaking in tongues takes you to the place of visions and revelations. You see things that are yet to happen as God reveals them to you.

Speaking in tongues makes your spirit more sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Speaking in tongues helps you to stay in divine health.

Speaking in tongues builds a wall of protection round you and makes it difficult for evil men to hurt you.

There are many more benefits. The devil does not want people to know about this. So, he uses ignorant people to condemn it and discourage many from receiving the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

I don't expect you to easily believe all I have said but my prayer is that you and everyone reading will experience it one day and tell your testimony. It makes your life supernatural.
I havent in awhile read nor come across a confused and disconcerted post such as this before

I am going to allow you redeem yourself with the following:
1/ Please repeat what Romans 8:26 says
2/ Explain in details with examples what that Romans 8:26 means
3/ Did the bible say or not say, speaking in tongues is not for the believers, but that it is for the unbelievers or the unbelieving?
4/ Is speaking in tongues downplayed in the Bible or not, in favour of the gift of prophecy?

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by petra1(m): 7:34am On Feb 18, 2019
Goshen360:

What are you talking about ABOUT KNOWING THE BIBLE OR NOT?

Isn't that madness that folks be speaking in tongues IN A WORSHIP GATHERING AND NOT IN THEIR PRIVACY? Where is speaking in tongues permitted IN THE PUBLIC WITHOUT INTERPRETATION?

Theres nothing out of place in the video. It is allowed by scriptures to pray openly in tongues its between you and God . And I am not aware that God needs our interpretation. Interpretation is only required if you are speaking for men or to men . But not to God.
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 7:59am On Feb 18, 2019
petra1:
Theres nothing out of place in the video. It is allowed by scriptures to pray openly in tongues its between you and God . And I am not aware that God needs our interpretation. Interpretation is only required if you are speaking for men or to men . But not to God.
Except you do such thing, you dont have to come defend the indenfensible, when there are guidelines in the bible that clearly and without doubt states not to be speaking in tongues without interpretation. Besides that, why and what is the benefit, speaking in language you dont understanding what is being said? Why cant you, why dont you prefer to speak and/or pray in a language, you understand? Dont you want to know what the content(s) of you are saying are? Also where in the bible, had anyone pray in tongues, talkless pray openly in tongues?
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by Goshen360(m): 9:21am On Feb 18, 2019
petra1:

Show us scripture sir that speaking in tongues is allowed in the public WITHOUT INTERPRETATION?

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by petra1(m): 5:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
Goshen360:

Show us scripture sir that speaking in tongues is allowed in the public WITHOUT INTERPRETATION?

1 Corinthians 14:28
But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

A man speak in tongues to edify himself or to pray to God. But if he must speak to Gods people or pray on their behalf to their hearing corporately he must interpret

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by petra1(m): 5:33pm On Feb 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Except you do such thing, you dont have to come defend the indenfensible, when there are guidelines in the bible that clearly and without doubt states not to be speaking in tongues without interpretation

That only applies to prophecy. Theres is difference between praying to God and speaking to Gods people in unknown tongues.

Besides that, why and what is the benefit, speaking in language you dont understanding what is being said? Why cant you, why dont you prefer to speak and/or pray in a language, you understand? Dont you want to know what the content(s) of you are saying are? Also where in the bible, had anyone pray in tongues, talkless pray openly in tongues?

When a man prays in the spirit it , is like charging a battery. It edfies him . It builds

1 Corinthians 14:4
He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.

Jude 1:20
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost

Secondly ,praying in tongues is the only way one can pray perfectly . when a man prays in the spirit it Is no longer him that prays . The holy ghost prays through him according to the will of God . So people pray in tongues because it's the best way to pray perfectly according to Gods will.

Rom 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

So we have to balance the two. We pray in the spirit and we pray also with our language of understanding .

1Co 14:14
For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by TruthinAction: 9:20pm On Feb 18, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
I havent in awhile read nor come across a confused and disconcerted post such as this before

I am going to allow you redeem yourself with the following:
1/ Please repeat what Romans 8:26 says
2/ Explain in details with examples what that Romans 8:26 means
3/ Did the bible say or not say, speaking in tongues is not for the believers, but that it is for the unbelievers or the unbelieving?
4/ Is speaking in tongues downplayed in the Bible or not, in favour of the gift of prophecy?

How does the Holy Spirit help you to pray. It is through tongues. It is the language of the Holy Spirit. It can not be uttered in articulate speech.

You don't know what you are missing until you get into the realm of the supernatural through speaking in tongues. Please remain in your ignorance. I am sailing on on the wings of the Holy Spirit.
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by Goshen360(m): 11:55pm On Feb 19, 2019
petra1:

1 Corinthians 14:28
But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

A man speak in tongues to edify himself or to pray to God. But if he must speak to Gods people or pray on their behalf to their hearing corporately he must interpret

Listen to the scripture you quoted and listen to yourself....

It says if THERE'S NO INTERPRETATION OR INTERPRETER, LET THAT MAN KEEP QUIET IN THE CHURCH.....

Paul Enenche speaking in tongues IN THE CHURCH WITHOUT INTERPRETATION AND YOU SAID HE'S DOING THE RIGHT THING?

Go and re READ THAT VERSE YOU QUOTED IN MANY TRANSLATION TO UNDERSTAND WHAT EXACTLY ITS SAYING...

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 4:36am On Feb 20, 2019
petra1:
That only applies to prophecy. Theres is difference between praying to God and speaking to Gods people in unknown tongues.
For Jews demand miraculous signs (i.e. ask for signs)
and Greeks ask for wisdom
(i.e. philiosophy)
- 1 Corinthians 1:22

"So you see that speaking in tongues is a sign, not for believers, but for unbelievers.
Prophecy, however, is for the benefit of believers, not unbelievers.
"
- 1 Corinthians 14:22

There is nothing like a difference between praying to God and speaking to Gods people in unknown tongues.
Why would you or anyone else for that matter want to or need to pray and/or speak to God in an unknown laguage or tongue?

For all the 3 recorded times, speaking in other tongues, occurred in the bible, it is visibly noted that, it happened each time, for the benefit of unbelieving Jews. Now, for those, that might have been misinformed, it is a well documented truth, as seen in 1 Corinthians 14:22 above that speaking in tongues is not for believers, rather it is occurs for and as a sign, for unbelievers (i.e. 1 Corinthians 1:22a)

Remember, Paul, in 1 Corinthians 12:29, asked:
"Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? "
Guess what. The answer on each account is No, no, no and no.

Moving along, then at 1 Corinthians 12:31, Paul says:
"but petra1 & TruthinAction covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way."
and it was after that comment in 1 Corinthians 12:31, that Paul introduced and brought in 1 Corinthians 13:1 emphasising love

Paul, in 1 Corinthians 12:29 onwards, confirmed that not "all fingers are equal" and 1 Corinthians 12:29's "Do all speak in tongues?" is an strong indication, that, to speak in tongues, is not a requirement for all believers. petra1 & TruthinAction, to be honest with you, if you have love, you wouldnt neccesarily need the gift of speaking in tongues and that is because love surpasses and conquers all.

petra1 & TruthinAction, you and I, know many so called self styled tongues speaking christians and believers, who do not have love, yet regularly during prayer sessions, all are called upon and propelled by pastors/worship leaders to start "speaking in tongues" and pray in tongues. You then remember 1 Corinthians 14:27–28, and begin wondering, do the pastors/worship leaders telling people to start "speaking in tongues" and pray in tongues have cognisance of scriptures like that?

I can go on, as I have many more things to say, but will pause at this juncture, if not, will risk it all become an information overload. Any questions asked to clarify or shed more light will be welcomed

petra1:
When a man prays in the spirit it, is like charging a battery. It edfies him. It builds
This is false teaching and ill-informed opinions that have no biblical or scriptural backing

petra1:
1 Corinthians 14:4
He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
"9Ya mere, kpenu ekpere otú a:
Nna-ayi Nke bi n'elu-igwe, Ka edo aha-Gi nsọ.
10Ka ala-eze-Gi bia. Ka eme ihe nāchọ,
dika esi eme ya n'elu-igwe, ka eme kwa otú ahu n'uwa.
11Nye ayi nri ta nke gēzuru ayi n'ubọchi ta.
12B͕aghara kwa ayi ugwọ nile ayi ji,
dika ayi onwe-ayi b͕agharawo-kwa-ra ndi ji ayi ugwọ.
13Ewebàla ayi nime ọnwunwa,
kama dọputa ayi n'aka ajọ onye ahu.

petra1 and TruthinAction, please be a sport and recite out loud, the above prayer for me.
Can you? Did you manage to recite it? Were you able to recite it?
Do you and/or did you know what the above prayer is about?
Did you hear what you recited out loud? Did you understand what you recited out loud?

Now imagine you reciting a Yoruba version of the above prayer amidst an Igbo audience that dont understand jack diddly-squat word in Yoruba.
Who do you think gets built up with this unknown tongue (i.e. the Yoruba prayer) you're reciting in, whilst amongst this an entirely Igbo audience?
Who do you think gets edified, with the Yoruba version of the above prayer, which according to the Igbo audience, their spirit prayeth is this unknown tongue, but their understanding is unfruitful?
It is only the Yoruba man that understands the unknown togue that the Igbo audience are repeating that gets edified, not them, except if it is translated. Do you with this, get the correct meaning of 1 Corinthians 14:4 now?

Its a hardest thing of all, to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

petra1:
Jude 1:20
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Secondly, praying in tongues is the only way one can pray perfectly, when a man prays in the spirit it Is no longer him that prays. The holy ghost prays through him according to the will of God. So people pray in tongues because it's the best way to pray perfectly according to Gods will.
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God:
for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries
- 1 Corinthians 14:2 KJV

Here is an illustration of what 1 Corinthians 14:2 is saying:
If you speak and understand only Ibo, but I, bilingual in Ibo and Hausa, start to speak, preach or pray in Hausa
Then the Hausa tongue or language would be unknown to you, you wouldnt understand what I said, preached or prayed in Hausa
I wouldnt be communicating with/to you, as it all be mysteries to you what I said, preached or prayed in Hausa
Only God will understand what I said, preached or prayed in Hausa, not you, as God understands all languages or tongues

What is best in praying in an unknown tongue like in the above illustration, what is perfect in that kind of praying?

petra1:
Rom 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

So we have to balance the two. We pray in the spirit and we pray also with our language of understanding .
Speaking in tongues is biblical and its usually done for the unbelievers' sake (e.g. not-believing Jews etcetera). On top of that, NT, prefers you prophesy, than speaking in tongue(s), so, yes, I believe in all the gifts of the Holy Spirit but not in the falsehood perpetrated in today's believers gathering and so, I havent for once, ever written against speaking/praying in tongue, but I have all along being exposing the falsehood of most of today's allegedly speaking in unknown tongues. It seems some just have a high psychological dependence of needing to speak and/or pray in false and/or make believe unknown tongues

petra1:
1Co 14:14
For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also
When an Ibo recites a prayer in a Yoruba language he doesnt know or understand
Though he prayed in a Yoruba tongue, and in the spirit he prayed along too,
the fact remains that, because he doesnt understand Yoruba language, he didn't know what he said in that Yoruba prayer.

Paul was saying:
What was the point of the Ibo praying in a Yoruba language and in the spirit, without understanding what he just prayed in the Yoruba language? (i.e. the mind is unfruitful)

When he further said:
Listen, when I pray in the spirit, I pray with my mind also. I sing in the spirit and I will sing in the mind also
He meant that whenever you talk, preach, teach, sing etcetera, do them all with understanding what you are talking, preaching, teaching, singing etctera because when you do this way and are done or finished, how will others be in agreement with you since, when and if they dont or wouldnt know what you've all along been saying

27If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret;
28But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
- 1 Corinthians 14:27-28

"For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left
- Hebrews 10:26

Aside, from the above clear 1 Corinthians 14:27-28 guideine and Hebrews 10:26 biblical warning, recognise that 1 Co 14:14 even without illustrations, is so simple to understand without complications or being made complex

The truth of matter is that people dont want to come to terms with knowing that speaking in tongues as done in that YouTube video, and elsewhere nowadays in most other gatherings is not the same as the ones done in biblical times. Lets be honest to admit that it is miles apart and different to what is witnessed, widespread and generally practised in today's gathering now and to know that Paul instructions is to stop speaking in tongues, if there is no interpretation, is a hard pill for hardcore people to swallow.

Paul, as we know, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, advised against corporate and gathering speaking in tongues, but pride and ego prevents people from acknowledging and/or registering this. Case in point, the YouTube video and also like when everybody, at the same time, are prompted to start speaking in tongues. SMH

petra1 & TruthinAction, can you provide in the Bible, leaving nothing merely implied, verses where believers are explicitly asked to ''pray in tongue(s)''?

Lets just up the ante a bit with these few cross-questions instead of beating about the bush with just the above question

1/ Do you accept that praying in the Holy Ghost (i.e. praying in the spirit) is not a synonymous for ''praying in tongue''?
2/ Do you also accept that the disciples, none of the Apostles (e.g. Paul etcetera) did not ''pray in tongues''?
3/ I have read about ''speaking in tongues edifies the church'' but never read in the Bible about ''praying in tongues edifies the church'', so would you mind sharing, which scriptures says: "praying in tongues edifies the church"
4/ You are creating an alternative fact by saying: ''praying in tongue is the best way to pray perfectly according to Gods will, and erroneously using Rom 8:26 to falsely back the remark up with''. If you arent, then please explain with examples how you came about this interpretation, then I will put forward same after yours
cc Goshen360, CodeTemplar, Emusan, InansBobo, EMILO2STAY, TATIME

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 5:20am On Feb 20, 2019
TruthinAction:
How does the Holy Spirit help you to pray. It is through tongues. It is the language of the Holy Spirit. It can not be uttered in articulate speech.

You don't know what you are missing until you get into the realm of the supernatural through speaking in tongues. Please remain in your ignorance. I am sailing on on the wings of the Holy Spirit.
This is a very good and profound question and verses, like John 3:8, John 4:24 and Romans 8:26, promptly flashed through my mind when about to respond to you.

The Spirit is free, it is like a wind, we dont see it, we cant touch it but we can sense it, we can hear it. It moves, one minute it is quiet and still, next minute, it can be howling and noisily slammimg doors shut

God is a Spirit, we pray in the spirit to associate oneself with what is happening or about to happen in the Spirit realm, with what is hapening in the Spirit's world, as in God's great/​grand scheme of things. When we pray in the spirit, we literally are positioning our "satellite dish or antenna" for good and maximum signal strength to get sharp pictures and/or clear broadcasts from God as pray in tune or in accordance with His "Thy will be done" and not our will

Without tuning in, (i.e. without praying in the spirit) distortions, bad reception, ugly feedbacks, clashing stations etcetera will be the end product, and we end up praying out of tune. So, by the way Jude 1:20 has nothing to do speaking in tongues but means what it says out of the tin. It means to literally, pray in the Holy Spirit, as in, like, to pray in line with the Spirit, similar to that ''thy will be done and not my will'' Jesus' prayer and not to be praying in some uninteligible and inarticulate language

Petra1 & TruthinAction, you are in a gathering comprising of like minded people with Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa, Edo etcetera backgrounds,
who dont speak nor understand each other's unknown languages (i.e. each others language is unknown to the other),the only common language each undersands is English, now when it is time to pray, teach or preach, which language in the absence of interpretation, will you speak, pray, teach or preach in?
What language please?

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by Goshen360(m): 6:16am On Feb 20, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
This is a very good and profound question and verses, like John 3:8, John 4:24 and Romans 8:26, promptly flashed through my mind when about to respond to you.

The Spirit is free, it is like a wind, we dont see it, we cant touch it but we can sense it, we can hear it. It moves, one minute it is quiet and still, next minute, it can be howling and noisily slammimg doors shut

God is a Spirit, we pray in the spirit to associate oneself with what is happening or about to happen in the Spirit realm, with what is hapening in the Spirit's world, as in God's great/​grand scheme of things. When we pray in the spirit, we literally are positioning our "satellite dish or antenna" for good and maximum signal strength to get sharp pictures and/or clear broadcasts from God as pray in tune or in accordance with His "Thy will be done" and not our will

Without tuning in, (i.e. without praying in the spirit) distortions, bad reception, ugly feedbacks, clashing stations etcetera will be the end product, and we end up praying out of tune. So, by the way Jude 1:20 has nothing to do speaking in tongues but means what it says out of the tin. It means to literally, pray in the Holy Spirit, as in, like, to pray in line with the Spirit, similar to that ''thy will be done and not my will'' Jesus' prayer and not to be praying in some uninteligible and inarticulate language

Petra1 & TruthinAction, you are in a gathering comprising of like minded people with Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa, Edo etcetera backgrounds,
who dont speak nor understand each other's unknown languages (i.e. each others language is unknown to the other),the only common language each undersands is English, now when it is time to pray, teach or preach, which language in the absence of interpretation, will you speak, pray, teach or preach in?
What language please?

My brother, u just trying to either prey on truth or understand truth. The last time u n i had this discussion u didn't answer the question I asked u but I'll ask you ask you again,what language doesn't someone or anybody speak that no man UNDERSTANDS.

PLEASE TELL US......NOT YORUBA OR HAUSA OR ETC
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by birdman(m): 6:37am On Feb 20, 2019
lol. goshen360 has come again. but you have some points. speaking in tongues edifies the speaker, but the congregation is clueless. If an unbeliever were to be in the midst of the church, he would be justified in concluding madness. So, in such public settings, such tongues should be with interpretation so everyone is edified, and visitor convinced of Gods power.

What I wrote above is a summary of Paul's doctrinal correction to the Corinthian church. And there lies the issue. If its doctrinal, its a guideline which may not always be applicable. For example, the doctrine of women covering their hair in church, or women not speaking in church are other doctrinal points not applicable today.

Praying in emergency situations, even in corporate setting is a possible exception in my opinion. I think the issue is to be balanced and not get to the point where start saying good morning in tongues! This actually used to be an issue back in the day. It seems to be making a comeback in songs though. It is annoying to hear recorded songs being mixed with tongues. This is NOT edifying to me the hearer!! angry

Again, I dont see much wrong with Enenche's delivery, but the key has always been balance. But Im not sure Nigerian christianity can handle balance right now lipsrsealed
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by Goshen360(m): 8:15am On Feb 20, 2019
birdman:
lol. goshen360 has come again. but you have some points. speaking in tongues edifies the speaker, but the congregation is clueless. If an unbeliever were to be in the midst of the church, he would be justified in concluding madness. So, in such public settings, such tongues should be with interpretation so everyone is edified, and visitor convinced of Gods power.

What I wrote above is a summary of Paul's doctrinal correction to the Corinthian church. And there lies the issue. If its doctrinal, its a guideline which may not always be applicable. For example, the doctrine of women covering their hair in church, or women not speaking in church are other doctrinal points not applicable today.

Praying in emergency situations, even in corporate setting is a possible exception in my opinion. I think the issue is to be balanced and not get to the point where start saying good morning in tongues! This actually used to be an issue back in the day. It seems to be making a comeback in songs though. It is annoying to hear recorded songs being mixed with tongues. This is NOT edifying to me the hearer!! angry

Again, I dont see much wrong with Enenche's delivery, but the key has always been balance. But Im not sure Nigerian christianity can handle balance right now lipsrsealed

There is nowhere in scripture u have a man speaking OR PRAYING in tongues that NO MAN OR CONGREGATION can understand. If u have one insident show it to us.... that's my WHOLE POINT FOR STARTING THIS THREAD.....do u understand me now?
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 8:20am On Feb 20, 2019
Goshen360:
My brother, u just trying to either prey on truth or understand truth. The last time u n i had this discussion u didn't answer the question I asked u but I'll ask you ask you again,what language doesn't someone or anybody speak that no man UNDERSTANDS.

PLEASE TELL US......NOT YORUBA OR HAUSA OR ETC
You have never asked me a question that I ever have avoided replying back to, if you think, I had, repeat the question here again, in verbatim, if you are unable to, then please retract your unfounded accusation and also apologise.

What language doesn't someone or anybody speak that no man UNDERSTANDS, as I have numerous times told you, is not heavenly language nor is it angelic language. What language doesn't someone or anybody speak that no man UNDERSTANDS is exactly as I have given in the various illustration earlier, it is speaking an earthly and human being language another person doesnt speak or knows. Speaking in an unknown tongue has always been according to bible, speaking an understably recognised earthly and human being language

Now as I had before explained with a similar hypothetical and hyperbole example like this: "To show how much I love him, if I have one million dollars, I will dash Goshen360", doesnt necessarily men I have one millions dollars, but it is a hypothetical and hyperbole statement to make a point with, it is the same with the If in 1 Corinthians 13:1-2 too, that says: "1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.".The "If", in 1 Corinthians 13:1, is a Conditional Particle Or Conjunction, in a hypothetical and hyperbole statement done to make a point with but you chose to ignore this and prefer to place too much emphasis on "tongues of angels" and believing that there are "heavenly languages or tongues of angels" Why didnt Jesus or any of the disciples participate or do these "heavenly languages or tongues of angels" things hun Goshen360?

Goshen360:
There is nowhere in scripture u have a man speaking OR PRAYING in tongues that NO MAN OR CONGREGATION can understand. If u have one insident show it to us.... that's my WHOLE POINT FOR STARTING THIS THREAD.....do u understand me now?
If you believe this remark then why are praying in an unknown tongue, and doing so, like you do, in private, as in when alone?
cc Petra1, TruthinAction, CodeTemplar, Emusan, InansBobo, EMILO2STAY, TATIME, birdman

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by petra1(m): 9:47pm On Feb 20, 2019
Goshen360:

Listen to the scripture you quoted and listen to yourself....

It says if THERE'S NO INTERPRETATION OR INTERPRETER, LET THAT MAN KEEP QUIET IN THE CHURCH.....

Paul Enenche speaking in tongues IN THE CHURCH WITHOUT INTERPRETATION AND YOU SAID HE'S DOING THE RIGHT THING?

Go and re READ THAT VERSE YOU QUOTED IN MANY TRANSLATION TO UNDERSTAND WHAT EXACTLY ITS SAYING...

That is regarding prophesying in tongues. There is difference between talking to God in tongues and talking to people . God doesn't need interpretation so it is allowed to talk to God and to oneself . But If your tongue will involve hearing of others for participation, they need to know what you said
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by birdman(m): 3:08am On Feb 21, 2019
Goshen360:

read 1 Corinthians again. there are tongues of angels. and tongues that edify but no interpretation. interpretation is not always necessary
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 4:13am On Feb 21, 2019
petra1:
That is regarding prophesying in tongues. There is difference between talking to God in tongues and talking to people . God doesn't need interpretation so it is allowed to talk to God and to oneself . But If your tongue will involve hearing of others for participation, they need to know what you said
27If anyone speaks in a tongue, it should be by two or at the most three, and each in turn, and one must interpret;
28But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.
- 1 Corinthians 14:27-28

"For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left
- Hebrews 10:26

Aside, from the above clear 1 Corinthians 14:27-28 guideine and Hebrews 10:26 biblical warning, recognise that 1 Co 14:14 even without illustrations, is so simple to understand without complications or being made complex

The truth of matter is that people dont want to come to terms with knowing that speaking in tongues as done in that YouTube video, and elsewhere nowadays in most other gatherings is not the same as the ones done in biblical times. Lets be honest to admit that it is miles apart and different to what is witnessed, widespread and generally practised in today's gathering now and to know that Paul instructions is to stop speaking in tongues, if there is no interpretation, is a hard pill for hardcore people to swallow.

Paul, as we know, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, advised against corporate and gathering speaking in tongues, but pride and ego prevents people from acknowledging and/or registering this. Case in point, the YouTube video and also like when everybody, at the same time, are prompted to start speaking in tongues.

Lets just up the ante a bit with these few cross-questions instead of beating about the bush.

1/ Do you accept that praying in the Holy Ghost (i.e. praying in the spirit) is not a synonymous for ''praying in tongue''?
2/ Do you also accept that the disciples, none of the Apostles (e.g. Paul etcetera) did not ''pray in tongues''?
3/ I have read about ''speaking in tongues edifies the church'' but never read in the Bible about ''praying in tongues edifies the church'', so would you mind sharing, which scriptures says: "praying in tongues edifies the church"
4/ You are creating an alternative fact by saying: ''praying in tongue is the best way to pray perfectly according to Gods will, and erroneously using Rom 8:26 to falsely back the remark up with''. If you arent, then please explain with examples how you came about this interpretation, then I will put forward same after yours
5/ petra1 can you provide in the Bible, leaving nothing merely implied, verses where believers are explicitly asked to ''pray in tongue(s)''?

birdman:
read 1 Corinthians again. there are tongues of angels. and tongues that edify but no interpretation. interpretation is not always necessary
There are no and nothing like tongues of angels, what you read in 1 Corinthians 13:1, is a hypothetical and hyperbole remark.

As I had before explained with the example like this: "To show how much I love him, if I have one million dollars, I will dash birdman", doesnt necessarily men I have one millions dollars, but it is a hypothetical and hyperbole statement to make a point with, it is the same with the If in 1 Corinthians 13:1-2 too, that says: "1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.". The "If", in 1 Corinthians 13:1, is a Conditional Particle Or Conjunction, in a hypothetical and hyperbole statement done to make a point with about the importance of needing to have love first and above anything but you chose to ignore this and prefer to place too much emphasis on "tongues of angels" and believing that there are "heavenly languages or tongues of angels" Why didnt Jesus or any of the disciples participate in and/or do any of these "heavenly languages or tongues of angels" things, huh Goshen360, petra1 and birdman?

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by birdman(m): 5:15am On Feb 21, 2019
@ goshen360 muttleylaff

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
I Corinthians 14:2 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/1co.14.2.NKJV

No one, including the speaker understands this tongue. But in spirit you are praying secrets beyond your intellect. The tongues in Acts 2 was a sign. But there are diverse tongues as you can see.

But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
Jude 1:20 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/jud.1.20.NKJV

When you pray in the spirit, you build up yourself. And finally

Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret. For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding. Otherwise, if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the uninformed say “Amen” at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say? For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified.
I Corinthians 14:13‭-‬17 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/1co.14.13-17.NKJV

Self explanatory
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 6:55am On Feb 21, 2019
birdman:
@ goshen360 muttleylaff

For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God, for no one understands him; however, in the spirit he speaks mysteries.
I Corinthians 14:2 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/1co.14.2.NKJV

No one, including the speaker understands this tongue. But in spirit you are praying secrets beyond your intellect. The tongues in Acts 2 was a sign. But there are diverse tongues as you can see.

But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
Jude 1:20 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/jud.1.20.NKJV

When you pray in the spirit, you build up yourself. And finally

Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret. For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is the conclusion then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will also pray with the understanding. I will sing with the spirit, and I will also sing with the understanding. Otherwise, if you bless with the spirit, how will he who occupies the place of the uninformed say “Amen” at your giving of thanks, since he does not understand what you say? For you indeed give thanks well, but the other is not edified.
I Corinthians 14:13‭-‬17 NKJV
https://bible.com/bible/114/1co.14.13-17.NKJV

Self explanatory
Verses, like John 3:8, John 4:24 and Romans 8:26, promptly flashed through my mind when about to respond to you.

Without tuning in, (i.e. without praying in the spirit) distortions, bad reception, ugly feedbacks, clashing stations etcetera will be the end product, and we end up praying out of tune. So, by the way Jude 1:20 has nothing to do speaking in tongues but means what it says out of the tin. It means to literally, pray in the Holy Spirit, as in, like, to pray in line with the Spirit, similar to that ''thy will be done and not my will" Jesus' prayer and not to be praying in some uninteligible and inarticulate language
Do you know what a ''thy will be done and not my will" Jesus' prayer is?

birdman, you are in a gathering comprising of like minded people with Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa, Edo etcetera backgrounds, who dont speak nor understand each other's unknown languages (i.e. each others Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa, Edo language is unknown to the other), the only common language each undersands is English, now when it is time to pray, teach or preach, which language in the absence of interpretation, will you speak, pray, teach or preach in?
What language please?
Also why do you want or need to speak to God in an unknown language you do not understand what your mind is saying?

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by Goshen360(m): 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2019
@ MuttleyLaff,

Can you please tell everyone what language or tongue Paul was talking about in 1 Corinthians 14 v 2 that no man UNDERSTANDS but it's between the speaker spirit and to God?
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 8:27pm On Feb 21, 2019
Goshen360:
@ MuttleyLaff,

Can you please tell everyone what language or tongue Paul was talking about in 1 Corinthians 14 v 2 that no man UNDERSTANDS but it's between the speaker spirit and to God?
"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands;"
- Revelation 7:9

"9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
"
- Philippians 2:9-11

Goshen360, my dearest beloved brother, this thing is very simple, only that you dont want to adjust your "properly & holistic understanding meter" on this matter of gift of tongues.

1 Corinthians 14:2 is easily understood and needing no explanation because of the greek word "glossa" used in it, which funnily enough, means word, and it's how we have the word, glossary, so obviously, "glossa" simply means human beings word(s), tongue(s) and/or language(s).

Now going straight on to your question, the language or tongue Paul was talking about in 1 Corinthians 14:2, is the language or tongue of human beings. He is talking about the tongue and/or language associated with human beings. So, the language or tongue Paul was talking about is, one in reference to a human being's style or manner of speaking.

Tongue, an organ of speech, is a member of the body of a human being, not celestial beings and also is the language or dialect used by a particular people distinct from that of other people, so again my dear brother Goshen360, that is the kind of language or tongue, what Paul was talking about in 1 Corinthians 14:2

Think about it Goshen360, if I speak in a tongue no one understands, then except God and the absence of interpretation, no one will understand me. Even if I do it in private, and then my spirit prays, but my mind has no understanding and clue of what I've said.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by birdman(m): 11:23pm On Feb 21, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
Verses, like John 3:8, John 4:24 and Romans 8:26, promptly flashed through my mind when about to respond to you.

Without tuning in, (i.e. without praying in the spirit) distortions, bad reception, ugly feedbacks, clashing stations etcetera will be the end product, and we end up praying out of tune. So, by the way Jude 1:20 has nothing to do speaking in tongues but means what it says out of the tin. It means to literally, pray in the Holy Spirit, as in, like, to pray in line with the Spirit, similar to that ''thy will be done and not my will" Jesus' prayer and not to be praying in some uninteligible and inarticulate language
Do you know what a ''thy will be done and not my will" Jesus' prayer is?

birdman, you are in a gathering comprising of like minded people with Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa, Edo etcetera backgrounds, who dont speak nor understand each other's unknown languages (i.e. each others Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa, Edo language is unknown to the other), the only common language each undersands is English, now when it is time to pray, teach or preach, which language in the absence of interpretation, will you speak, pray, teach or preach in?
What language please?
Also why do you want or need to speak to God in an unknown language you do not understand what your mind is saying?

I will answer the last question. You need tongues because you do not always know how to pray as you ought. There will be situations where you will be confused by the circumstances. By praying in the spirit, you enlist the help of the Holy Spirit to pray accurately, bypassing your fears, anxiety and prejudices.

Who to vote for in this election is an example. Sudden report of a loved one in an emergency ward after an accident is another. Your prejudice or fear can interfere with your faith in either case. To this point, praying about Fulani herdsmen in tongues by Enenche is an excellent choice. The truth is, most of us dpnt really know what is going on. Most of those attackers could very well be someone else.

As you can see, you would be depriving yourself of gifts God has given you for victory. I hope you remember this someday when you need it.

Note I am not in support of those who just blab willy nilly with no interpretation. While it is not always wrong, I suspect it is a sign of immaturity many times.
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 4:46am On Feb 22, 2019
birdman:
I will answer the last question.
Why it is only the last question you are willing and ready to answer I dont understand why. How clever of you, to do that.

birdman:
You need tongues because you do not always know how to pray as you ought. There will be situations where you will be confused by the circumstances. By praying in the spirit, you enlist the help of the Holy Spirit to pray accurately, bypassing your fears, anxiety and prejudices.
birdman, I have just earlier explained and/or described what "pray in the spirit" is, but you are indifferent to it and more interested with mixing your ideas with the teachings of the Bible.
1/ Do you at all, know what a ''thy will be done and not my will" Jesus' prayer is?
2/ Do you at all, know an example and/or situation of a ''thy will be done and not my will" Jesus' prayer?

birdman:
Who to vote for in this election is an example. Sudden report of a loved one in an emergency ward after an accident is another. Your prejudice or fear can interfere with your faith in either case.
Now you want to tell me, that if one has a clear and good conscience, one wouldnt know who to vote for in this election and so needs the gift of speaking in tongue, huh? Now you want to tell me, that if there's a sudden report of a loved one in an emergency ward after an accident, one wouldnt know how and what to pray for, then leave rest in God's hands and so needs the gift of speaking in tongue, huh? If your prejudice or fear can interfere with your faith in either case, then you need to question your standing, intimacy and relationship with God.

birdman:
To this point, praying about Fulani herdsmen in tongues by Enenche is an excellent choice. The truth is, most of us dpnt really know what is going on. Most of those attackers could very well be someone else.
You are digging a bigger hole for yourself with such a comment like this. What Enenche did there is senseless talk with nonsense on steroids and he knows it

birdman, please know this, there is no short-cuts or abracadabra in praying for a believer. Speaking in tongues is not a fast track, cut corners, short-cut mechanism.

It is not a talisman, nor is it a ploy to confuse the devil or demons with the content of the prayer by speaking in unknown tongues. You and people like my dear brother Goshen360 have turned the gift of tongues into incantation and chants, what the west, in vernacular will call it glorified "ògèdè and/or ọfọ̀", so a classic case of, you can take the man out of the ghetto, but you can’t take the ghetto out of the man, you can take the man out of ATR and juju, but you can’t take the "ògèdè and/or ọfọ̀" out of the man and hence birdman and Goshen360, the need of the glorified "ògèdè and/or ọfọ̀" fake gift of speaking in tongues spiritual crutch to support him or her

birdman:
As you can see, you would be depriving yourself of gifts God has given you for victory. I hope you remember this someday when you need it.
When one's spirit is tuned in and is in tune with the Holy Spirit, trust me, that one will know how to pray in the spirit and according to the will of God.
Do you know why your spirit groans? Do you know why the spirit groans, huh? Do you know what it means, that the spirit groans Goshen360 & birdman?

birdman:
Note I am not in support of those who just blab willy nilly with no interpretation. While it is not always wrong, I suspect it is a sign of immaturity many times.
Now here is the question to your "... depriving yourself of gifts God has given you for victory ... " remark above. Do you at all, know why and because of whom, the gift of tongue was made available for? Please tell.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by Goshen360(m): 11:25am On Feb 22, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands;"
- Revelation 7:9

"9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
"
- Philippians 2:9-11

Goshen360, my dearest beloved brother, this thing is very simple, only that you dont want to adjust your "properly & holistic understanding meter" on this matter of gift of tongues.

1 Corinthians 14:2 is easily understood and needing no explanation because of the greek word "glossa" used in it, which funnily enough, means word, and it's how we have the word, glossary, so obviously, "glossa" simply means human beings word(s), tongue(s) and/or language(s).

Now going straight on to your question, the language or tongue Paul was talking about in 1 Corinthians 14:2, is the language or tongue of human beings. He is talking about the tongue and/or language associated with human beings. So, the language or tongue Paul was talking about is, one in reference to a human being's style or manner of speaking.

Tongue, an organ of speech, is a member of the body of a human being, not celestial beings and also is the language or dialect used by a particular people distinct from that of other people, so again my dear brother Goshen360, that is the kind of language or tongue, what Paul was talking about in 1 Corinthians 14:2

Think about it Goshen360, if I speak in a tongue no one understands, then except God and the absence of interpretation, no one will understand me. Even if I do it in private, and then my spirit prays, but my mind has no understanding and clue of what I've said.

Okay my brother, let's put it in context or perspective and see how this verse makes sense to you.....

For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people won’t be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious

Okay you said it is human language right say put it in perspective say for instance hausa, or Igbo, or Yoruba, french, etc

So let's replace those languages with tongues in that verse and see if we make sense or not....

For if you have the ability to speak in Hausa Igbo, Yoruba or French etc, you will be talking only to God, since people won’t be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious

Two things:

First, this is a worship gathering in 1 Corinthians 14 and it's public

Second, It's doesn't make sense to me if I'm speaking these human language to ONLY God AND PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND ME because someone or somebody in the public will or might understand Hausa or igbo or Yoruba or French.....BUT HE SAYS THE LANGUAGE IM SPEAKING IS ONLY TO GOD, and God do understand every languages BUT PEOPLE WONT BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND ME....it doesn't make sense in that reading of context if it is some human language, if it is human language then someone will understand buy it says people don't understand me.....so it's is human language?
Re: What Kind Of Madness Is This In The Church by MuttleyLaff: 11:42am On Feb 22, 2019
Goshen360:
Okay my brother, let's put it in context or perspective and see how this verse makes sense to you.....

For if you have the ability to speak in tongues, you will be talking only to God, since people won’t be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious

Okay you said it is human language right say put it in perspective say for instance hausa, or Igbo, or Yoruba, french, etc

So let's replace those languages with tongues in that verse and see if we make sense or not....

For if you have the ability to speak in Hausa Igbo, Yoruba or French etc, you will be talking only to God, since people won’t be able to understand you. You will be speaking by the power of the Spirit, but it will all be mysterious

Two things:

First, this is a worship gathering in 1 Corinthians 14 and it's public

Second, It's doesn't make sense to me if I'm speaking these human language to ONLY God AND PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND ME because someone or somebody in the public will or might understand Hausa or igbo or Yoruba or French.....BUT HE SAYS THE LANGUAGE IM SPEAKING IS ONLY TO GOD, and God do understand every languages BUT PEOPLE WONT BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND ME....it doesn't make sense in that reading of context if it is some human language, if it is human language then someone will understand buy it says people don't understand me.....so it's is human language?
Goshen360, my dearest brother, let's cut this to the barest and real bone. If you are speaking, whether in private or public, in a human language, that no one understands or speaks in, who will understand this human language you speak in, if not God. Now, here is where it gets interesting, what is the point in you speaking or repeating a human language you don't understand? What is the point, of course your spirit might gel with the flow, but your mind has no clue whatsoever to all you are saying, so what is the benefit and point, when your mind doesn't understand it?.

If you want it to make sense that God understands you but the other people don't, then make sure you understand what you are saying so you can interpret what you are saying to others and/or the people.

God understands all tongues, so it doesn't matter to God, what tongue anybody chooses to speak in. This thing is so simple and straightforward but you guys have just to turn it on its head and into something else, like I earlier said into glorified "ògèdè and/or ọfọ̀" or incantations.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Change We Need 2011 The Youth Of The Nation: Our Future And Our Hope / Ijaw Religion! / 9 And 10 Muharram 2015 Fast (roza) Timing, Date, Timetable, Morning Schedule Pdf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 211
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.