|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,890,579 members, 6,951,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 07 July 2022 at 03:45 PM
|Job Title: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE by easyboss1(m): 9:23am On Feb 07, 2019|
Reports To: Team Leader, Accounts & Store
Unit: Accounts & Store Unit
To provide accounting functions as specified in duties/responsibilities .
To ensure very effective and efficient accounting standard in the organisation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Handle daily posting of cash voucher .
* Manage petty cash: Disbursement and accountability.
* Receive and ensure correctness in terms of quantity and quality of items ordered from foreign and local suppliers.
* Update stock in both BINCARD and system
* Ensure monthly stock reconciliation on BIN card & PHYSICAL count with Storekeeper and team leader, generate report for ageing stock alongside reconciliation report.
* Daily update of stock. Prepare monthly stock report & analysis.
* Collection of statements from the different banks on monthly basis and do bank reconciliation.
* Issue stock from store as required and maintain accurate record of stock inventory using BIN card,GRN and SIN.Also update quantity on the available stock.
* To act as substantial back-up for the Head of unit in his absence:Casual /Annual leave.
* To assist in ensuring no vacuum in all transactions in account unit.
* Obtain quotations from foreign vendors and follow-up on all transactions. Maintain and update record of all foreign transactions in a log book.
* Tracking of foreign orders from payment to shipping and delivery.
* Ensure agreed stock levels are maintained, relate with team leader and ensure orders placed when due. Work with team leader on profitability analysis of all products.
* Market all products and services, ensure the unit’s sales target is met.
* Generate and submit other relevant accounting reports as related to duties/responsibilities on monthly basis.
* Track and ensure payment of all sales are made as and when due. This must be done with close follow up with account officers.
* Any other duty assigned by management.
Key Competency Requirement
* Degree or HND in accounting
* Knowledge of accounting system / software.
* Ability to understand and use MS office tools especially MS Excel.
* Accuracy, Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment.
* Understand accounting policies and concepts; debit and credit.
* Dependable and ability to work independently.
* Have skills in cost accounting.
Key Performance Indicators
* Time taken for account reconciliation.
* Timeliness in obtaining quotations and tracking foreign vendors.
* Timeliness in updating stock and making requisition for re-orders.
* Timeliness in stock reconciliation.
* Timeliness in making lodgments.
* Timeliness in processing payments.
* Accuracy of reports generated.
* Timeliness of making requisition for re-orders.
* Ability to work without supervision.
* Ensure seamless operations.
* Profitability of all foreign products.
Supervises: Store/Stock Keeper
Interested but QUALIFIED candidates should apply using the link http://application.lonadek.com/
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46