Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,997 members, 7,803,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

#11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos (45017 Views)

Ransome Kuti Memorial Grammar School Lagos 88' Set Celebrates Reunion In Uniform / Grace High School Lagos Asks WAEC Candidates To Lodge In Hotel, Parents Protest / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Nobody: 9:37am On Feb 08, 2019
cnonyechi:
My aunt works there as a kindergarten caregiver and she is very well paid but well over worked. During the holidays she goes along with some of her pupils and their parents to d us. More like a corprate nanny[b]. But the funny thing is dat she still lives in Ajegunle[/b]
Why na?
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by jaxxy(m): 9:39am On Feb 08, 2019
Interesting. I remember when growing up i had sm reason to vist German skol at apapa and the whole students where white probably just saw 1 black or so. Don’t know how much their tuition was bt their football pitch was top of the range.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by RTSC: 9:47am On Feb 08, 2019
The School is for kids of expatriates working in the upstream technical sector of the oil industry ,earning mad money.

That is why I have resolved to break into that upstream sector.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Sgbate(m): 9:48am On Feb 08, 2019
Zanziman:

If I tell you the number of billionaires in this country, you go shock.
People wey get over $1m for their domiciliary account Na Sara. Although poor people still plenty pass. Trust me, over 25% of Nigerians parents(not politicians) can easily afford to send their wards to this kinda school. But some prefer to send them abroad instead. The most expensive schools in the world have Nigerian kids.
Wow, I only know of only politicians that can do that here, well I haven't been to Lagos so I don't know much abuh people there...
Sha money dey o
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by mindurword(m): 9:50am On Feb 08, 2019
Passion2009:
ABOUT American International School, Lagos(AISL)

AISL started with thirty students; we now have over 760 students attending. We offer Pre-school through 12th grade, and our high school students can choose to graduate with either an American diploma or an International Baccalaureate diploma. Our graduates attend, and are successful in, universities throughout the world.

AISL is an international school with an amazing and supportive community. Parents, educators, school board members, alumni, and other supporters continually show their love and dedication to the school. Our students represent fifty-one countries. Our staff represents fourteen countries. This diversity in our student body and staff, along with their varied ideas and backgrounds, is a hallmark of AISL.
In America no body can pay such amout for school fees stop reaping Africans
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by VULCAN(m): 9:52am On Feb 08, 2019
I can feel your envy all the way from here grin

HomeOfMe:
Because their teachers are foreigners doesn't mean they're qualified. SCAM!
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by metroid(m): 9:55am On Feb 08, 2019

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by dfrost: 9:57am On Feb 08, 2019
HomeOfMe:

Don't mind them. The whites know that blacks like hype so they help them a lot.

For instance, the Chinese comes to Nigeria, buys cashew nuts, exports them, does little or nothing to prepare and repackages it to Nigerians. Gbam! The hype for oyibo things go start.

PS: Dangote didn't go to these type of schools, neither did Otedola, Adenuga et al.

3 Likes

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by dfrost: 9:58am On Feb 08, 2019
VULCAN:
I can feel your envy all the way from here grin

Envy? Really? Na wa ooo.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by AllenSpencer: 9:58am On Feb 08, 2019
Per annum salary, make dem kukuma kill me.

Na pikin life I con live.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Passion2009: 10:01am On Feb 08, 2019
mindurword:

In America no body can pay such amout for school fees stop reaping Africans

False. There are many private secondary schools in the U.S that are way more expensive than this.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Passion2009: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2019
dfrost:

Don't mind them. The whites know that blacks like hype so they help them a lot.

For instance, the Chinese comes to Nigeria, buys cashew nuts, exports them, does little or nothing to prepare and repackages it to Nigerians. Gbam! The hype for oyibo things go start.

PS: Dangote didn't go to these type of schools, neither did Otedola, Adenuga et al.

These schools did not exist during their time but they enrolled their kids there. Check the profile of Otedola and Dangote's children, they all attended secondary schools like this. Otedola's daughters specifically attended Grange Schools, Ikeja. Google out their fees.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Ayobami7(m): 10:03am On Feb 08, 2019
好的
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by tyup(m): 10:05am On Feb 08, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Lol they plenty die.. Davido na even lower class when it comes to riches..

Maybe you don't go out. People are living in luxury. I have relatives who aren't celebs or public figures but their wealth no be here.

And you're this jobless undecided

chai

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by tyup(m): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2019
abumeinben:
And they'll be paying their teachers 35k

Lol.....not possible
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by dfrost: 10:08am On Feb 08, 2019
Passion2009:

These schools did not exist during their time but they enrolled their kids there. Check the profile of Otedola and Dangote's children, they all attended secondary schools like this. Otedola's daughters specifically attended Grange Schools, Ikeja. Google out their fees.

Still expensive. The whites over there, do they pay this much? You have family and friends outside Nigeria,ask them and come back with an answer.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Octaves(m): 10:10am On Feb 08, 2019
Absolute waste of money.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by tyup(m): 10:10am On Feb 08, 2019
rentAcock:
For that kind of money, I hope they also give you green card upon graduation.

Lmao

1 Like

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Just2endowed2(m): 10:13am On Feb 08, 2019
that school is wow, I have happened to visit that school during my secondary school days in lagos. We actually went for an invitation to play a friendly basketball game at their basketball indoor court. it was breath taking.
come and see school facilities. there dressing rooms with showers and everything.

I remembered our coach told us this is the game, i was programmed not to start the first quarter of the game but some team mate withdrew claiming they can't play again and they were scared, I told coach let me start first. Well, it was fun to the end as we also explore their swimming and other place in the pix. their white girls were cool though. I was in the junior secondary school then, so what do i know. swim, play chess. grin

1 Like

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 08, 2019
Passion2009:
https://www.aislagos.org/about-aisl

More than 85% of the staff and students of the school are from outside Nigeria. It is the most diverse school in Nigeria and I believe it's worth it.

its worth what? you must be mad. even in America. their schools dont pay half this much!
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Passion2009: 10:16am On Feb 08, 2019
dfrost:

Still expensive. The whites over there, do they pay this much? You have family and friends outside Nigeria,ask them and come back with an answer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestreet.com/amp/slideshow/14525569/1/25-of-the-most-expensive-private-high-schools-in-the-us.html

Check that link. The least most expensive school there is 43,000 dollars. Most Nigerians abroad send their kids to government-owned high schools as the standards as high over there. But if you wanna enroll your kids at top high schools - you will pay far more than what is being charged at American International School, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Passion2009: 10:18am On Feb 08, 2019
aonag:

its worth what? you must be mad. even in America. their schools dont pay half this much!

Be informed. American private high schools pay more than this. Most Nigerians abroad just choose to.send their kids to public schools in the U.S

The American elites also have schools that are way more expensive than the one on this Nairaland thread.

Check this link https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestreet.com/amp/slideshow/14525569/1/25-of-the-most-expensive-private-high-schools-in-the-us.html
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by ChiefAzubuike(f): 10:19am On Feb 08, 2019
HomeOfMe:
Oga some of their teachers here na foreign degree they take enter not like your Nigerian counterparts wet dey use NCE teach. They are we'll paid too. Many of them dey carry cool rides come school. This kind of school is quality and for the rich .. E no be like the otumgboko grammar school you go. If I have the money, my children go go here and have quality education in a great environment. All in all it's all about cutting you coat according to your size.

2 Likes

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 08, 2019
Passion2009:

Be informed. American private high schools pay more than this. Most Nigerians abroad just choose to.send their kids to public schools in the U.S

The American elites also have schools that are way more expensive than the one on this Nairaland thread.

Check this link https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestreet.com/amp/slideshow/14525569/1/25-of-the-most-expensive-private-high-schools-in-the-us.html

is the school for elites or foreign expatriates in nigeria? besides no high school or middle school pays that much a year. these are the tuition you pay when you are in harvard or yale
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 08, 2019
Chaii that's 20 million naira every year, with 3 children that's 60 million naira, unmhnm!! Are you thinking what I'm thinking
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Funkybabee(f): 10:23am On Feb 08, 2019
poverty poverty aye re oni da, poverty poverty aye re oni da!!!

me wey done tired crying for mama Funke to add up my money to be 56thounsand for my this semester registration, na this people they called 11m for kindergraten...

omo aye le eee
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by etrouble: 10:27am On Feb 08, 2019
Passion2009:
https://www.aislagos.org/about-aisl

More than 85% of the staff and students of the school are from outside Nigeria. It is the most diverse school in Nigeria and I believe it's worth it.

Ole ni e. You be thief thief. 11 million naira for secondary school pikin school fee. How much dem dey pay for Havard University?
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Passion2009: 10:29am On Feb 08, 2019
aonag:

is the school for elites or foreign expatriates in nigeria? besides no high school or middle school pays that much a year. these are the tuition you pay when you are in harvard or yale

You are wrong. Google Forman High School in the United States. They pay over 62,000 dollars as tuition fee per year. That is almost times two of what AISL charge.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 08, 2019
Absolute bull crap!! They can only scam Nigerians with this hyped up so called American institution.

With 11 Million Naira in Nigeria you are Already a Milllionaire and if you invest wisely in land and Property development and sales.. You would be Employing those who went to the so called American school to work for you eventually.

it's just like buying a Gucci T shirt for £200, just because the label says Gucci. even though the Tshirt costs just £3.

Some Americans are poor to the extend of living on welfare and foods stamps. and don't even have 1 million Naira let alone 11 million.

1 Like

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Passion2009: 10:32am On Feb 08, 2019
etrouble:

Ole ni e. You be thief thief. 11 million naira for secondary school pikin school fee. How much dem dey pay for Havard University?

Talk based on facts. The parents of the over 750 students that take their children to the school are not fools - they know what they want and what they are paying for. And there are many secondary schools in the U.S that are more expensive than this.

Google Forman High School in the United States. They pay over 62,000 dollars as tuition fee per year. That is almost times two of what AISL charge.

1 Like

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 08, 2019
Passion2009:

You are wrong. Google Forman High School in the United States. They pay over 62,000 dollars as tuition fee per year. That is almost times two of what AISL charge.

that is school for elites in america. we do not have american elites in nigeria. so the amount of money is ridiculous to what should be obtained also given the gap in standard of libing both there and here.

1 Like

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 08, 2019
I would rather stay in my village Hunting rabbits and farming than pay 11 million for this Hyped up American bull crap.

Believe it or not American Institutions and Organisations are more crooked than Nigerian ones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You Were The One Marking This Waec Paper Would You Do? / Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) / Hnd Is Now B.tech Degree In All Nigerian Polytechnics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.