Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

British Homosexual Priest To Marry Nigerian Male Model - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / British Homosexual Priest To Marry Nigerian Male Model (886 Views)

Se*x Scandal Rocks Gokomere Mission, Catholic Priest ‘feasts’ On Married Teache / British Gay Priest To Marry Nigerian Man - Breaking News / Hey I'm New And A Male Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Homosexual Priest To Marry Nigerian Male Model by dTouch: 9:15am On Aug 21, 2010
British Homosexual Priest to Marry Nigerian Male Model
08.21.2010 - ThisDay Newspapers

A homosexual Church of England priest has announced plans to "marry" his Nigerian male model boyfriend, who is 40 years his junior.

The Rev Colin Coward, 64, a priest at St John the Baptist church in Devizes, Wilts, is to enter into a civil partnership with his boyfriend Bobby Egbele, 25.The union has caused a stir among Christians because the couple plan a carefully-worded "blessing" service in church after the ceremony

Mr Coward has also declined to confirm that he will remain celibate following the union, which is a requirement the Church of England asks of its ordained homosexual clergy.
Mr Coward, who lives with his boyfriend in Marston, near Devizes, said he hoped his union would set a “visible example” to other homosexuals within the church.

He said: “My goal is for everyone within the church to feel comfortable with the situation because at the moment the majority of gay Christians marry secretly.
“It is a taboo subject but the church is now under huge pressure to change its stance and that pressure will only increase in the future.

“Clearly the blessing is going to be quite a sensitive issue. I know that many people will see it and view it with horror.
“But we are both deeply committed Christians so it would be unthinkable for me not to do it in church and not to do it with the congregation and with all of our friends.“I hope my wedding will inspire others and set a visible example to the church that we are not afraid.”
Re: British Homosexual Priest To Marry Nigerian Male Model by Blazing99: 9:38am On Aug 21, 2010
I trust Nigerians any bad thing wey white man do, we no go waste time follow suite. The thought of homosexuality in the house of God being appraised when been highly criticised and even alluded as the cause of destruction of people in the bible intensely disgusts me.
Re: British Homosexual Priest To Marry Nigerian Male Model by amedino(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2010
This world is coming to an end. How will they even procreate?
Re: British Homosexual Priest To Marry Nigerian Male Model by Blazing99: 6:35pm On Aug 21, 2010
They cud utilise their sperm, get donor eggs, arrange for surrogacy and Bam! They have kids like other straight couples. Technology makes life easy for both the good and the bad.
Re: British Homosexual Priest To Marry Nigerian Male Model by Tunmi(f): 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2010
As long as they are happy, which of my business is it? And for those bringing up the bible, the white man--the missionaries brought religion to us.
Re: British Homosexual Priest To Marry Nigerian Male Model by minimarket: 5:12pm On Aug 22, 2010
Agreed with last speaker

(1) (Reply)

What If? / How To Contact A Fellow Nairalander / Before It Was 09141,now Is Private Number,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.